Gamepad Settings on Homefront

This topic is locked from further discussion.

stennent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 stennent
Member since 2011 • 30 Posts
hey, ive got a wired xbox 360 controller on my pc and ive got homefront. When i play homefront with it, everything generally works, but i have problems aiming, i cant just aim and shoot to kill like i do when play cod on xbox. instead i have to take forever to get the sights on a target and even then because of recoil i can only get one shot. This makes it very hard to play because it takes forever to kill someone (at least 3 shots and 10secs for each shot) so u can imagine how long it would take to pass 20 troops. i tried changing the sensitivity and other settings. Ive also use xpadder on the controller and changed the settings from there in the gamepad but doesnt work. HELP
ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 ChubbyGuy40
Member since 2007 • 26442 Posts

That's because CoD has extremely big hitboxes, auto-aim, auto-snap, and other stupid things that make it crap and imbalanced.

Homefront is CoD done right. You don't use a wimpy controller. You man up and use a keyboard and mouse. You won't get a controller working as good as KB/M, because this wasn't a direct port.

Zubinen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 Zubinen
Member since 2011 • 2555 Posts

That's because CoD has extremely big hitboxes, auto-aim, auto-snap, and other stupid things that make it crap and imbalanced.ChubbyGuy40
Actually, the OP was talking about CoD on X360, MW1 and MW2 on pc are very well made(can't say the same for black ops which is terrible). I had the same issue playing CoD MW 2 on PC, it takes a while getting used to the more precise aiming and there's a steeper learning curve for learning how to compensate for recoil.

Homefront is CoD done right. You don't use a wimpy controller. You man up and use a keyboard and mouse. You won't get a controller working as good as KB/M, because this wasn't a direct port.

Homefront's PC version looks pretty good, I'll give you that, but I've yet to see a single pc game aside from Valve games that can match the god-tier optimization, netcode, and control responsiveness of MW2(PC), heck even on consoles it's practically the only game that supports 1080p60FPS and other PS3 games are capped at 24FPS. Another thing, I'd suggest using an infared mouse with at least 1600 DPI, it helps a lot for gaming since the higher the DPI the easier it is to aim your crosshairs on the exact pixel you're trying to aim on(whereas at 800 DPI it moves more like a grid so you get a huge margin of error and it's almost impossible to aim on the exact pixel 2x in a row).

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ChubbyGuy40
Member since 2007 • 26442 Posts

Actually, the OP was talking about CoD on X360, MW1 and MW2 on pc are very well made(can't say the same for black ops which is terrible). I had the same issue playing CoD MW 2 on PC, it takes a while getting used to the more precise aiming and there's a steeper learning curve for learning how to compensate for recoil.

Homefront's PC version looks pretty good, I'll give you that, but I've yet to see a single pc game aside from Valve games that can match the god-tier optimization, netcode, and control responsiveness of MW2(PC), heck even on consoles it's practically the only game that supports 1080p60FPS and other PS3 games are capped at 24FPS. Another thing, I'd suggest using an infared mouse with at least 1600 DPI, it helps a lot for gaming since the higher the DPI the easier it is to aim your crosshairs on the exact pixel you're trying to aim on(whereas at 800 DPI it moves more like a grid so you get a huge margin of error and it's almost impossible to aim on the exact pixel 2x in a row).

Zubinen

I know he was, which is why I responded what I did. Everything I listed was a fact for CoD on consoles. Oh, and MW2 has next to no recoil at all. That is how people can get headshots with Uzis from half way across the map. Not to mention no bullet spread, laser bullets that instant travel.

Are you really trying to say MW2 had great online code? There's a reason the fanbase cracked the game open and created their own dedicated servers. And no, other PS3 games are capped at 30FPS because they're weak and can't handle serious/good graphics. Also it's optimized because it's using a VERY old engine and they refuse to move on from it. A below-average looking game and old engine means it's going to run flawlessly.

Don't forget high DPI also increases the default movement speed, which require you to turn down the sensitivity. Getting a mouse that lets you switch it on-the-fly (DPI that is) is the best.

Seriously? CoD runs at 1024x600 on consoles. That's not even HD. :| I have no clue where you got that false information from.