G7 Power Extreme PSU Who's the manufacturer really?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

sgac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 sgac
Member since 2006 • 434 Posts

I recently bought a G7 Power Extreme 580W PSU from Mapalin for about £30 reduced from £40 for my new gaming rig. It has 3 12v rails and it seems to be holding up reasonably well. However I'm not sure who the manufacturer really is. There's no mention of websites or anything on the box or the PSU itself just the importer who is Compucase. Given that it lacks a PCI-Express 6-pin plug (had to use an adapter ,don't like doing that obviously) and seems to have very vague specs (passive PFC,OPP UVP, OVP , no real specifics on efficiency just >76% aye right we'll see, ATX/EPS Complience versions it just says it supports the latest ones, and that each of the 12V Rails are only about 16-18A Each leads me to believe that it's a cheapo unit not much better than an unbranded generic unit, if at all.

Added to which taking a peak inside it looks rather sparten although it feels alot heavier than a typical generic supply.

Can anyone shine a light on who on earth the OEM of this supply actually is cause I'd be interested to find out just how good/or horrible this supply really is, I know it's a cheapo compared to an Antec or anybody else but it was only ever a temporary for my new rig just now till I get some money together for a more decent one.

PC Specs here,

AMD Ahlon II X3 440 CPU

Foxconn A6GMV Motherboard w/AMD 690G Chipset/ATI SB600 Southbridge

2GB DDR3 1333MHZ RAM,Not sure of the brand name

500GB Samsung Spinpoint F3 HDD

512MB XFX GeForce 8800GTS

22x TSSTCorp SH-S222A CD/DVD Burner

ThermalTake Armor+ VH600SWA Full-Tower Case

G7 Power Extreme 580W PSU

17In Digimate LCD

Cheers