first time build help ($5000 to spend)

• 65 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

JohnP78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 JohnP78
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

I already have a monitor, speakers, and keyboard/mouse. I was going to buy a $5000 PC from alienware but a friend of mine convinced me that I can get a lot more for my budget.. So I'm still new to building so he picked out the parts for me today but I need more opinions to help me feel more secure about this purchase. He will also help me assemble it when the parts arrive. Anyway here is what I have so far:

- Thermaltake Armor Series case

- EVGA 780i motherboard

- 3x EVGA 8800Ultra

- Intel QX9650 cpu

- Patriot Viper 4GB RAM

- Western Digital Raptor 150GB HDD

- 2x 500GB Westrn Digital HDD

- DVD burner and DVD drive

- Windows Vista Ultimate

Then he's also giving me a Zalman(sp?) CPU cooler so I think I'm good with that.

This brings this build to $4905 from newegg. Is there anything missing and should I switch the OS to XP?

Thanks in advance!

SparkPlug69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 SparkPlug69
Member since 2003 • 261 Posts
I hate you.
sabbath2gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 sabbath2gamer
Member since 2007 • 2515 Posts

3 8800 ultras isnt necessaryi would suggest 2 8800gt's

karasill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 karasill
Member since 2007 • 3155 Posts

I'd suggest just getting one 8800 GTS (G92 version). And in 2-3 months from now buy 2 9800's in SLI. Also, save some cash and just got Vista Home premium.

EDIT: Make sure you get the EVGA brand so you can use the step up program.

catlin_czirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 catlin_czirr
Member since 2007 • 2545 Posts
wait... 3? I thought Sli was only 2 cards? Where did you get 3 from?
karasill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 karasill
wait... 3? I thought Sli was only 2 cards? Where did you get 3 from?catlin_czirr
The new 780i chipset can support TRI SLI
mastershake575

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 mastershake575
Member since 2007 • 8574 Posts
if i were you i wouldn't spend even 1/3 of your budget on that pc because whats the point ??? most games can be maxed on a sub par $1000 so its just overkill. Also why invest so much money on something that gets outdatted so fast ??? if you do get that your computer might be amazing but in 1 1/2 - 2 years you will probaly be able to get something better for like $1250 you will last a hell of alot longer by gettings a $1000 pc and saving the other $4000 for upgrades
sabbath2gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 sabbath2gamer

if i were you i wouldn't spend even 1/3 of your budget on that pc because whats the point ??? most games can be maxed on a sub par $1000 so its just overkill. Also why invest so much money on something that gets outdatted so fast ??? if you do get that your computer might be amazing but in 1 1/2 - 2 years you will probaly be able to get something better for like $1250 you will last a hell of alot longer by gettings a $1000 pc and saving the other $4000 for upgrades mastershake575

agreed what you should proabbly buy that will last is a big hard drive a good power supply a kicken case and the ram, the most important things that will always be upgradable are the processor motherboard and video cards

karasill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 karasill
if i were you i wouldn't spend even 1/3 of your budget on that pc because whats the point ??? most games can be maxed on a sub par $1000 so its just overkill. Also why invest so much money on something that gets outdatted so fast ??? if you do get that your computer might be amazing but in 1 1/2 - 2 years you will probaly be able to get something better for like $1250 you will last a hell of alot longer by gettings a $1000 pc and saving the other $4000 for upgrades mastershake575
Some people do earn/have a lot of money. If the TCwants to spend that much then let them. That machine would be the envy of most gamers, even me (ifthe TCgets the Geforce 9800's). So what if it'll cost as much as a cheap car. Some people do want the best of the best. If you have the money to spareand are living a comfortable life without much financial worries then why not?
76ers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 76ers
Member since 2005 • 4747 Posts
Wow, that's a lot of money... At least you're not spending your money on Alienware. :)
chemeleon_789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 chemeleon_789
Member since 2004 • 269 Posts
don't be so quick to dismiss Vista Ultimate. If you use your PC for a variety of things, it's worth getting. If you're only planning on gaming then Vista Home is fine, but for anything else you might run into some annoying hurdles.
mastershake575

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 mastershake575
[QUOTE="mastershake575"]if i were you i wouldn't spend even 1/3 of your budget on that pc because whats the point ??? most games can be maxed on a sub par $1000 so its just overkill. Also why invest so much money on something that gets outdatted so fast ??? if you do get that your computer might be amazing but in 1 1/2 - 2 years you will probaly be able to get something better for like $1250 you will last a hell of alot longer by gettings a $1000 pc and saving the other $4000 for upgrades karasill
Some people do earn/have a lot of money. If the TCwants to spend that much then let them. That machine would be the envy of most gamers, even me (ifthe TCgets the Geforce 9800's). So what if it'll cost as much as a cheap car. Some people do want the best of the best. If you have the money to spareand are living a comfortable life without much financial worries then why not?

i never once told him heshould do what i saidnow did i ??? i said if i were you which is totally different i never once told him he should do or not do something and what i merely did what try to save the guy money
kodex1717

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 kodex1717
Member since 2005 • 5925 Posts
I don't think it's even possible to build a $5000 computer. If you are able to prove me wrong, please kill yourself and post pics.
JohnP78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 JohnP78

Thanks for the advice guys. I'll probably lower the budget to about $3,500 is that a little more reasonable? I'm talking to him right now and is suggesting a Q6600 instead of the one I posted above and also thinking about dropping the tri SLI. I might end up getting 2 G92 8800GTSs. Is that still overkill?

And Vista Home it is.

karasill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 karasill
[QUOTE="karasill"][QUOTE="mastershake575"]if i were you i wouldn't spend even 1/3 of your budget on that pc because whats the point ??? most games can be maxed on a sub par $1000 so its just overkill. Also why invest so much money on something that gets outdatted so fast ??? if you do get that your computer might be amazing but in 1 1/2 - 2 years you will probaly be able to get something better for like $1250 you will last a hell of alot longer by gettings a $1000 pc and saving the other $4000 for upgrades mastershake575

i never once told him he should or said he should now did i ??? i said if i were you which is totally different i never once told him he should do something do or not do something and whats wrong with trying to save a guy money

Well that's the thing, he's not you. I'm sure he's done his research and hence why he bascily got the top of the line hardware in everything. If money was an issue then the TC wouldn't have even considered the hardware that he posted, common sense man :roll:. The TC obviously wants the best of the best so instead of try to give the person cheap alternatives you should have suggested something along the lines of what I did.
sabbath2gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 sabbath2gamer
sure i would go with one evga 8800gts (g92) and use the step up prgram but you seem rich so go for it
kodex1717

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 kodex1717
Member since 2005 • 5925 Posts
No, $3,500 is not reasonable. The most I would ever recommend spending on a computer is $2,000. If you pay any more than that, you're obviously buying things you just plain don't need. There's also the fact that that $2,000 worth of componats rapidly loses value.
mastershake575

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 mastershake575
[QUOTE="mastershake575"][QUOTE="karasill"][QUOTE="mastershake575"]if i were you i wouldn't spend even 1/3 of your budget on that pc because whats the point ??? most games can be maxed on a sub par $1000 so its just overkill. Also why invest so much money on something that gets outdatted so fast ??? if you do get that your computer might be amazing but in 1 1/2 - 2 years you will probaly be able to get something better for like $1250 you will last a hell of alot longer by gettings a $1000 pc and saving the other $4000 for upgrades karasill

i never once told him he should or said he should now did i ??? i said if i were you which is totally different i never once told him he should do something do or not do something and whats wrong with trying to save a guy money

Well that's the thing, he's not you. I'm sure he's done his research and hence why he bascily got the top of the line hardware in everything. If money was an issue then the TC wouldn't have even considered the hardware that he posted, common sense man :roll:. The TC obviously wants the best of the best so instead of try to give the person cheap alternatives you should have suggested something along the lines of what I did.

maybe because blowing alot of money isn't always the best idea ??? also the cheap alternatives aren't really cheap from a performance stand point he could still play all of his games for way less than $2000 im trying to make it so the guy doesn't buy things he doesn't need its called being a nice person im sure the guy appreciates that im trying to save him money on something he doesn't need
karasill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 karasill
No, $3,500 is not reasonable. The most I would ever recommend spending on a computer is $2,000. If you pay any more than that, you're obviously buying things you just plain don't need. There's also the fact that that $2,000 worth of componats rapidly loses value.kodex1717
Maybe the TC is rich and is trying to go after the 3D Mark06 score :P
karasill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 karasill
[QUOTE="karasill"][QUOTE="mastershake575"][QUOTE="karasill"][QUOTE="mastershake575"]if i were you i wouldn't spend even 1/3 of your budget on that pc because whats the point ??? most games can be maxed on a sub par $1000 so its just overkill. Also why invest so much money on something that gets outdatted so fast ??? if you do get that your computer might be amazing but in 1 1/2 - 2 years you will probaly be able to get something better for like $1250 you will last a hell of alot longer by gettings a $1000 pc and saving the other $4000 for upgrades mastershake575

maybe because blowing alot of money isn't always the best idea ??? also the cheap alternatives aren't really cheap from a performance stand point he could still play all of his games for way less than $2000 im trying to make it so the guy doesn't buy things he doesn't need

Blowing a lot of money isn't a good idea if you don't make a lot. For all you know the TC makes very good money, maybe even rich you never know. You shouldn't assume everyone makes an "average" amount of money. Seriously the only people who would even consider spending that much money on a computer obviously make/have a lot of money.
mastershake575

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 mastershake575
[QUOTE="mastershake575"][QUOTE="karasill"][QUOTE="mastershake575"][QUOTE="karasill"][QUOTE="mastershake575"]if i were you i wouldn't spend even 1/3 of your budget on that pc because whats the point ??? most games can be maxed on a sub par $1000 so its just overkill. Also why invest so much money on something that gets outdatted so fast ??? if you do get that your computer might be amazing but in 1 1/2 - 2 years you will probaly be able to get something better for like $1250 you will last a hell of alot longer by gettings a $1000 pc and saving the other $4000 for upgrades karasill

maybe because blowing alot of money isn't always the best idea ??? also the cheap alternatives aren't really cheap from a performance stand point he could still play all of his games for way less than $2000 im trying to make it so the guy doesn't buy things he doesn't need

Blowing a lot of money isn't a good idea if you don't make a lot. For all you know the TC makes very good money, maybe even rich you never know. You shouldn't assume everyone makes an "average" amount of money. Seriously the only people who would even consider spending that much money on a computer obviously make/have a lot of money.

so are you actually suggestions that if the guy has alot of money that its ok to just throw it out on stuff he doesn't need ??? well let him answer that one and see if he wants to save money and get what he wants or blow it
karasill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 karasill

Maybe the TC is an enthusiast that wants to have extreme bragging rights. Maybe he wants to go after the 3D Mark 06 score. Why do Car enthusiasts spend so much on their cars just so they can go 2 mph faster? It's called a hobby and some people want the best of the best. The TC made it clear that they wanted the best of the best, even if todays games don't need that power right now. It just means that his computer will last a lot longer then any of ours. Not everyone has a low budget. Why do you think Intel and Nvidia even bothers releasing those super high end components if they don't sell?

JohnP78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 JohnP78
Well, I was pretty set on buying the alienware until my buddy told me that I should just build it to get the most out of my money. That just made me so much happier that I could get something even more powerful for the same price. I'm really thinking about whether or not I should spend all the money now or saving it since I'm getting mixed opinions here...
mastershake575

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 mastershake575
he isn't even secure about the purchase, he's new to building and is having a friend build it he's some enthusiast all right and where does the guy say he wants the best of the best ?? im not sure he even knows what he wants and nvida makes those super high end computers because some people will actually buy them without knowing anything about computers there like omg cool case lets get it
karasill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 karasill
he isn't even secure about the purchase, he's new to building and is having a friend build it he's some enthusiast all right and where does the guy say he wants the best of the best ?? im not sure he even knows what he wants and nvida makes those super high end computers because some people will actually buy them without knowing anything about computers there like omg cool case lets get it mastershake575
By posting all of those components which are obviously super high end he is basicly saying he wants the best of the best. He obviously did some research otherwise he would have just thrown random parts in there. And some people actually buy those super high end parts because they want the best of the best and have plenty of money to blow. Point is, don't assume everyone just wants a really good gaming machine in the $1000 - $1500 range, maybe some people want more.
mastershake575

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 mastershake575
[QUOTE="mastershake575"]he isn't even secure about the purchase, he's new to building and is having a friend build it he's some enthusiast all right and where does the guy say he wants the best of the best ?? im not sure he even knows what he wants and nvida makes those super high end computers because some people will actually buy them without knowing anything about computers there like omg cool case lets get it karasill
Point is, don't assume everyone just wants a really good gaming machine in the $1000 - $1500 range, maybe some people want more.

well its kinda dumb to want more you have everything you need right there why waste it on parts you don't need i really doubt this guy wants to build an amazing pc so he can go to work and be like " my computer pwns yours" thats basically all he's going to get out of spending more money
karasill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 karasill
[QUOTE="karasill"][QUOTE="mastershake575"]he isn't even secure about the purchase, he's new to building and is having a friend build it he's some enthusiast all right and where does the guy say he wants the best of the best ?? im not sure he even knows what he wants and nvida makes those super high end computers because some people will actually buy them without knowing anything about computers there like omg cool case lets get it mastershake575
Point is, don't assume everyone just wants a really good gaming machine in the $1000 - $1500 range, maybe some people want more.

well its kinda dumb to want more you have everything you need right there why waste it on parts you don't need i really doubt this guy wants to build an amazing pc so he can go to work and be like " my computer pwns yours" thats basically all he's going to get out of spending more money

It's called bragging rights ;) Why do people buy Ferraris and Dodge Vipers? For their price they're not worth it when a $40,000 Corvette can perform almost as well as them in some cases, but some demand the best. And the Corvette is not the best in the car world, and neither is the 8800 GT in the videocard world.
JohnP78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 JohnP78

Ok, I've been doing some thinking and decided that I will build two identical PCs. One for me, and one for my son for Xmas. He's a senior in high school and I think he deserves it. I guess I shouldn't blow all my money on unnecessary parts. So I'm building two identical computers in the $2000 range.

- Q6600

- 780i motherboard

- PC Power and Cooling 750W PSU

- DVD Burner and Drive

- 2x 500GB Western Digital HDDs

- 4GB Patriot Viper RAM

- 2x G92 8800GTS

- Vista Home Premium

Total: $2,021

mastershake575

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 mastershake575
[QUOTE="mastershake575"][QUOTE="karasill"][QUOTE="mastershake575"]he isn't even secure about the purchase, he's new to building and is having a friend build it he's some enthusiast all right and where does the guy say he wants the best of the best ?? im not sure he even knows what he wants and nvida makes those super high end computers because some people will actually buy them without knowing anything about computers there like omg cool case lets get it karasill

It's called bragging rights ;) Why do people buy Ferraris and Dodge Vipers? For their price they're not worth it when a $40,000 Corvette can perform almost as well as them in some cases, but some demand the best. And the Corvette is not the best in the card world, and neither is the 8800 GT in the videocard world.

i really doubt this guy is buying a pc for bragging rights and where did i say that he should get a 8800gt
karasill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 karasill

Ok, I've been doing some thinking and decided that I will build two identical PCs. One for me, and one for my son for Xmas. He's a senior in high school and I think he deserves it. I guess I shouldn't blow all my money on unnecessary parts. So I'm building two identical computers in the $2000 range.

- Q6600

- 780i motherboard

- DVD Burner and Drive

- 4GB Patriot Viper RAM

- 2x G92 8800GTS

- Vista Home Premium

JohnP78
Excellent computer ;)
karasill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 karasill
[QUOTE="karasill"][QUOTE="mastershake575"][QUOTE="karasill"][QUOTE="mastershake575"]he isn't even secure about the purchase, he's new to building and is having a friend build it he's some enthusiast all right and where does the guy say he wants the best of the best ?? im not sure he even knows what he wants and nvida makes those super high end computers because some people will actually buy them without knowing anything about computers there like omg cool case lets get it mastershake575

It's called bragging rights ;) Why do people buy Ferraris and Dodge Vipers? For their price they're not worth it when a $40,000 Corvette can perform almost as well as them in some cases, but some demand the best. And the Corvette is not the best in the card world, and neither is the 8800 GT in the videocard world.

i really doubt this guy is buying a pc for bragging rights and where did i say i say that he should get a 8800gt

It's called an example. And what card would you have told him to get then huh? :roll: And that's the problem, from the begining you assumed something which is something you should never do.....
Vis-a-Vis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Vis-a-Vis
Member since 2006 • 1977 Posts

- Q6600

- 780i motherboard

- DVD Burner and Drive

- 4GB Patriot Viper RAM

- 2x G92 8800GTS

- Vista Home Premium

JohnP78

Now that sounds like a wonderful idea.

That set up looks very nice, Sli, 4gigs of ram, 750W PS, Quad core, 1000GB of HD space, I think that will make your son very, very happy.

mastershake575

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 mastershake575

- Q6600

- 780i motherboard

- DVD Burner and Drive

- 4GB Patriot Viper RAM

- 2x G92 8800GTS

- Vista Home Premium

JohnP78
much much much better idea this whole time im pretty sure all you wanted was a good gaming computer and thats what your about get spending all of that money would of been a waste from a gaming standpoint and who spends $3000 extra for bragging rights
mastershake575

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 mastershake575
[QUOTE="mastershake575"][QUOTE="karasill"][QUOTE="mastershake575"][QUOTE="karasill"][QUOTE="mastershake575"]he isn't even secure about the purchase, he's new to building and is having a friend build it he's some enthusiast all right and where does the guy say he wants the best of the best ?? im not sure he even knows what he wants and nvida makes those super high end computers because some people will actually buy them without knowing anything about computers there like omg cool case lets get it karasill

i really doubt this guy is buying a pc for bragging rights and where did i say i say that he should get a 8800gt

It's called an example. And what card would you have told him to get then huh? :roll: And that's the problem, from the begining you assumed something which is something you should never do.....

2x8800gts and WOW im such a bad man i assumed that a guy wasn't going to spend $3000extra for bragging rights according to what he just posted it looks like im right
Spartan8907

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Spartan8907
Member since 2006 • 3731 Posts

- Q6600

- 780i motherboard

- DVD Burner and Drive

- 4GB Patriot Viper RAM

- 2x G92 8800GTS

- Vista Home Premium

JohnP78

Wow. Wish you were my dad.

Anyway. Thats a nice computer. Probably dont need the 780i, but whatever. Dont forget, if you buy the 8800 GTSs from EVGA, you get their step-up program to upgrade to the nVidia 9000 series.

karasill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 karasill
[QUOTE="karasill"][QUOTE="mastershake575"][QUOTE="karasill"][QUOTE="mastershake575"][QUOTE="karasill"][QUOTE="mastershake575"]he isn't even secure about the purchase, he's new to building and is having a friend build it he's some enthusiast all right and where does the guy say he wants the best of the best ?? im not sure he even knows what he wants and nvida makes those super high end computers because some people will actually buy them without knowing anything about computers there like omg cool case lets get it mastershake575

2x8800gts and WOW im such a bad man i assumed that a guy wasn't going to spend $3000extra for bragging rights according to what he just posted it looks like im right

yeah you were right this time, but you might not be next time. Don't assume, it doesn't always work ;)
Lecithin67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Lecithin67
Member since 2006 • 49 Posts

I'm liking it...

If it were me, I'd get a $2000 build, and spend $3000 on games haha

mastershake575

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 mastershake575
[QUOTE="mastershake575"][QUOTE="karasill"][QUOTE="mastershake575"][QUOTE="karasill"][QUOTE="mastershake575"][QUOTE="karasill"][QUOTE="mastershake575"]he isn't even secure about the purchase, he's new to building and is having a friend build it he's some enthusiast all right and where does the guy say he wants the best of the best ?? im not sure he even knows what he wants and nvida makes those super high end computers because some people will actually buy them without knowing anything about computers there like omg cool case lets get it karasill

yeah you were right this time, but you might not be next time. Don't assume, it doesn't always work ;)

yeah maybe i should of also same could be said about you does this ring a bell " obviously wants the best of the best" result= makes his computer worse so him and his son can have a nice computer for chistmas
JohnP78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 JohnP78
Thanks for the help guys. In some way, I'm still blowing $3000 (still have to buy him monitor, speakers, KB/M), but it's for my son. So I hope I'm making the right decision here. I'm just going to make sure everything is right with the builds then order tomorrow morning. Gotta get it built before xmas. But really, I appreciate the help. Thanks.
shanelevy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 shanelevy
Member since 2004 • 1316 Posts

[QUOTE="mastershake575"][QUOTE="karasill"][QUOTE="mastershake575"]he isn't even secure about the purchase, he's new to building and is having a friend build it he's some enthusiast all right and where does the guy say he wants the best of the best ?? im not sure he even knows what he wants and nvida makes those super high end computers because some people will actually buy them without knowing anything about computers there like omg cool case lets get it karasill

It's called bragging rights ;) Why do people buy Ferraris and Dodge Vipers? For their price they're not worth it when a $40,000 Corvette can perform almost as well as them in some cases, but some demand the best. And the Corvette is not the best in the car world, and neither is the 8800 GT in the videocard world.

Karasill your argument is based on so many assumptions. All mastershake is trying to do is show the TC that for much less money you can still have a great PC. He is giving him another option, and as it turns out the TC is going for that. All your corvette analogies mean nothing since you have no idea what the TC is like. He didn't necessarily research benchmarks if his friend configured the build.

Sheesh.

TC: If you believe that having two systems is worth it, enjoy. Those are both very high quality systems. May I suggest that you two both have daily competitions to see who has the higher 3Dmark06 score (haha jk).

Anways, that's an excellent 2k build. I wouldn't spend that much, but that's because im poor lol. Definately overclock that CPU.

Killfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Killfox
Member since 2004 • 6666 Posts
Not a good time to build. Wait till the next nvidias cards come out sometime in Q1.
KittenNipples

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 KittenNipples
Member since 2007 • 3013 Posts
I hate you.SparkPlug69
What he said...
blackstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 blackstar
Member since 2004 • 1252 Posts
A decent build for a $2000 PC. Your son is going to be very happy once he gets that PC.
saifiii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 saifiii
Member since 2006 • 274 Posts

A decent build for a $2000 PC. Your son is going to be very happy once he gets that PC.hacker_xyzzy

sure he will! (envy)

viper0982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 viper0982
Member since 2007 • 555 Posts
I want to see him build a $5000 dollar computer now. Then i want to see my computer smash his when i get a single 9800gtx in a few months. "laugh now you overpayed clown hows it feel to know god hates you"-Daniel tosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#47 42316
Member since 2006 • 1502 Posts

- Q6600

- 780i motherboard

- DVD Burner and Drive

- 4GB Patriot Viper RAM

- 2x G92 8800GTS

- Vista Home Premium

JohnP78

Those will be great pcs......go ahead and build them, you'll be in gaming heaven for a LONG TIME!!!!.....forget about all those other morons who are telling you not to spend xxxx amount of cash on the pc you want!!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#48 42316
Member since 2006 • 1502 Posts

I want to see him build a $5000 dollar computer now. Then i want to see my computer smash his when i get a single 9800gtx in a few months. "laugh now you overpayed clown hows it feel to know god hates you"-Daniel toshviper0982

and then when he sells his two 8800gts on ebay and gets one 9800ULTRA in sli, then who'll be laughing u idiot!!!

jcosta223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 jcosta223
Member since 2004 • 75 Posts

yea i would get either 2 8800 gt for sli(8800 gt do NOT triple sli) and wait out big for the new video cards. maybe his birthday coming soon?

WHAT ABOUT SOUND CARDS and audio speakers?!?!?!?! creative x-fi, azurentech, bgears inspirer, ht omega claro are nice!

Thinker_145

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Thinker_145
Member since 2007 • 2546 Posts
[QUOTE="JohnP78"]

- Q6600

- 780i motherboard

- DVD Burner and Drive

- 4GB Patriot Viper RAM

- 2x G92 8800GTS

- Vista Home Premium

karasill
Excellent computer ;)

I think since he is all that rich he should get the raptor.