Far Cry 3... What an amazing experience!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SystemsGO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 SystemsGO
Member since 2011 • 1285 Posts

In all honesty, I have to say that Far Cry 3 is BY FAR my most favorite game that I have ever played. The gameplay is fantastic, the open world is vast and beautiful in every aspect. The missions were fun, the game was literally exciting at every turn. Beyond all of those things though that generally make a game really good.. The voice acting, and the characters were ABSOLUTELY AMAZING. The story was captivating, and immersive. This game tops all games for story, and acting combined, imo. This was just a truly wonderful experience. It's been a while since I really truly enjoyed a game, and this was certainly beyond my expectations. 

Anyone else feel this way? 

Djmaster214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Djmaster214
Member since 2005 • 3240 Posts

i freaking looooooved fc3, i would be at work thinking about taking out outposts or finshing the next mission or upgrading my gear. the exploration was so awesome i literally tracked down alal the collectables. it was my goty up until recently

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#3 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
The voice acting and the characters were amazing? It's one of the worst I've ever seen in a video game. Full of cliche character archetypes. The story was below average. Although I gotta give them credit for the gunplay. It's solid. But overall gameplay was too easy. I just can't believe you think Far Cry 3 had a good story, and then then say it tops all games for story. I feel like I'm being trolled, but you might not be trolling. No offense. Still, I highly disagree.
SystemsGO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 SystemsGO

The voice acting and the characters were amazing? It's one of the worst I've ever seen in a video game. Full of cliche character archetypes. The story was below average. Although I gotta give them credit for the gunplay. It's solid. But overall gameplay was too easy. I just can't believe you think Far Cry 3 had a good story, and then then say it tops all games for story. I feel like I'm being trolled, but you might not be trolling. No offense. Still, I highly disagree.Elann2008

Actually, after reading this I have to say I feel like I AM the one being trolled. The voice acting is outstanding, and the characters were by no means cliche character achetypes. Post some videos of games with better voice acting. Otherwise your argument truly lacks substance, and I am in fact being trolled. Kthnx.

The voice acting for Vaas more specifically, was the greatest I have seen. 

SystemsGO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 SystemsGO

i freaking looooooved fc3, i would be at work thinking about taking out outposts or finshing the next mission or upgrading my gear. the exploration was so awesome i literally tracked down alal the collectables. it was my goty up until recently

Djmaster214

Whats got your GOTY now? I may have to look into it.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#6 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

[QUOTE="Elann2008"]The voice acting and the characters were amazing? It's one of the worst I've ever seen in a video game. Full of cliche character archetypes. The story was below average. Although I gotta give them credit for the gunplay. It's solid. But overall gameplay was too easy. I just can't believe you think Far Cry 3 had a good story, and then then say it tops all games for story. I feel like I'm being trolled, but you might not be trolling. No offense. Still, I highly disagree.SystemsGO

Actually, after reading this I have to say I feel like I AM the one being trolled. The voice acting is outstanding, and the characters were by no means cliche character achetypes. Post some videos of games with better voice acting. Otherwise your argument truly lacks substance, and I am in fact being trolled. Kthnx.

You're probably young and you haven't experienced playing many video games if you think it tops all games for story, and voice acting. I know many people that like Far Cry 3 for it's gameplay, but not for those things you seem to adore so much. It sounds like a delusional post and you are getting upset because I don't agree with you even though I said no offense. Way to start a thread TC.
Avatar image for deactivated-58e448fd89d82
deactivated-58e448fd89d82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 deactivated-58e448fd89d82
Member since 2010 • 4494 Posts

[QUOTE="SystemsGO"]

[QUOTE="Elann2008"]The voice acting and the characters were amazing? It's one of the worst I've ever seen in a video game. Full of cliche character archetypes. The story was below average. Although I gotta give them credit for the gunplay. It's solid. But overall gameplay was too easy. I just can't believe you think Far Cry 3 had a good story, and then then say it tops all games for story. I feel like I'm being trolled, but you might not be trolling. No offense. Still, I highly disagree.Elann2008

You're probably young and you haven't experienced playing many video games if you think it tops all games for story, and voice acting. I know many people that like Far Cry 3 for it's gameplay, but not for those things you seem to adore so much. It sounds like a delusional post and you are getting upset because I don't agree with you even though I said no offense. Way to start a thread TC.

Not sure about you. but Vaas voice acting was really well done, cliche's aside.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#8 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58344 Posts

I enjoyed Far Cry 3 very much, and while the story was acceptable, to say the voice acting and characters were the highlight is laughable

SystemsGO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 SystemsGO

[QUOTE="SystemsGO"]

[QUOTE="Elann2008"]The voice acting and the characters were amazing? It's one of the worst I've ever seen in a video game. Full of cliche character archetypes. The story was below average. Although I gotta give them credit for the gunplay. It's solid. But overall gameplay was too easy. I just can't believe you think Far Cry 3 had a good story, and then then say it tops all games for story. I feel like I'm being trolled, but you might not be trolling. No offense. Still, I highly disagree.Elann2008

Ad Hominems, I'm not getting upset, and no I'm not in my 50's, furthermore, games back in the 90's didn't have budget enough to hire such great voice acting. Also, you're not linking me to any video's to prove your theory that I am delusional as I have asked. Also, can you tell me any other voice actors in which actual movie stars wanted to work with him? The guy is incredible, his character felt REAL and it was awesome. The fact that it didn't feel that way to you is kind of sad. Unfortunately you didn't get to enjoy it.

SystemsGO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 SystemsGO

I enjoyed Far Cry 3 very much, and while the story was acceptable, to say the voice acting and characters were the highlight is laughable

mrbojangles25

VAAS' voice acting specifically was a highlight, not THE highlight, but certainly part of the experience. The actual game it's self was THE highlight. Not sure why you don't get that, lulz... nvm, ur dumb.

feverberries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 feverberries
Member since 2013 • 281 Posts

Not sure about you. but Vaas voice acting was really well done, cliche's aside.

AMD655

this. other than that, voice acting was pretty weak. not that it matters that much in an otherwise awesome game.

Avatar image for Gamesterpheonix
Gamesterpheonix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Gamesterpheonix
Member since 2005 • 3676 Posts
I agree entirely. The game was amazing and utterly satisfying. Easily went down as one of my favorite games of all time. I was thoroughly pleased and it was worth every penny I spend on it.
mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 mrbojangles25

Post some videos of games with better voice acting

SystemsGO

Sam Fisher of Splinter Cell: I think he is the perfect combination of gravelly badassery undertones, and yet he still manages to throw in plenty of inflections to imply smartass remarks and stuff.  Plus, its Michael Ironside...I mean, c'mon.

Homeworld, without a doubt, is one of the best audio experiences in any form of media in my experience.  Whether its the old-man Indian chief-esque narration, the somber monotonous tone of Karen Sjet as fleet command, or the soundtrack and sound effects

Joker in Batman.  'nuff said.  The whole series is well cast, but Mark Hammill as Joker is one of the best voice acted characters ever.

The Narrator in Bastion.  Only real dialogue as far as I remember, but its all you need in a game as colorful, vibrant, and memorable.  Given how the Narrator is adaptive to your actions, I think it is pretty special as well. *Give the video a minute*

I Could go on: Portal, Portal 2, Alyx Vance from Halflife 2, most of the cast from the Grand Theft Auto and other Rockstar games, and so forth

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#15 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59021 Posts

It's one of ubisofts better games for sure. Some things I didn't like about it. The convoluted UI. The sound effects and glowy things. The QTE. I really hated all the rich white American people I played and saved. And how the game made it so you basically become the leader of a ethnic tribe within a very short period of time. And all the cliche mystic mumbo jumbo. It's like a video game created by the BNP.

Saying that though, I liked the amount of weapons you got, the fire effects are as awsome as ever and it's open ended in how you can go about doing compounds and stuff, rewarding you more for not just running and gunning. Overall though, as much as i liked it, i'd take stalker over it any day.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 mrbojangles25

[QUOTE="mrbojangles25"]

SystemsGO

VAAS' voice acting specifically was a highlight, not THE highlight, but certainly part of the experience. The actual game it's self was THE highlight. Not sure why you don't get that, lulz... nvm, ur dumb.

The missions were fun, the game was literally exciting at every turn. Beyond all of those things though that generally make a game really good.. The voice acting, and the characters were ABSOLUTELY AMAZING. The story was captivating, and immersive. This game tops all games for story

SystemsGO originally wrote

That is why I thought you meant it was THE highlight.  Also, a whole game cannot be a highlight, only a fraction can be a highlight.  You don't highlight an entire book, do you? No, just a few sentences at a time.

I don't think I'm dumb, though :(  And at least I am not mean :|

Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Toxic-Seahorse
Member since 2012 • 5074 Posts
The gameplay was fun but the story was god awful and there were literally not climatic point where there should have been. Both major "bosses" you don't even fight, just QTE.
sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#18 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

Far Cry 3 is my fav shooter.

JohnFifteen12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 JohnFifteen12
Member since 2012 • 205 Posts

Far Cry 3 was a game that I was really excited about before it was released, but when I actually started to play it I was very let down by it. It just felt so dull to me that after the first couple of hours I stopped playing it.

Someday I will go back and finish it though, because I didn't "hate" it, I just lost interest in it almost immediately and had other games that I would rather play at the time. It surprised me, because I thought I was going to love it.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 uninspiredcup

The gameplay was fun but the story was god awful and there were literally not climatic point where there should have been. Both major "bosses" you don't even fight, just QTE.Toxic-Seahorse

Yea I agree. It had a couple of decent missions though. I liked the minefield one having to defend the guy. The little village turned into like a mini-sandbox.

DefconRave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#21 DefconRave
Member since 2013 • 806 Posts
Its a great game but could be improved so much. For example, the world could be alot more dynamic. Instead of the enemies waiting at their bases on the defensive, they should actively try and attack bases you have taken over. The npcs should be given a variety of weapons not just all carry aks or the same smgs. Weapons should not be unlocked just cos you climbed a radio tower but be bought at higher prices or looted. Once you buy a gun and drop it, you should have to repurchase it, not be free in stores. These are just a few things I have time to write, but the series has so much potential, I hope the sequel improves on it.
lucfonzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 lucfonzy
Member since 2008 • 1835 Posts
Agreed, probably my GOTY (well last year I suppose) but only completed recently, spent far too long not doing the story because that world is just so much fun. Agreed on the "boss" battles though, the QTE's were extremely cheap and lackluster, the only thing that spoiled it for me really...
SovietsUnited

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 238

#23 SovietsUnited
Member since 2009 • 2457 Posts

It's an awesome game on every level; the gunplay is fantastic, the island is a joy to explore, tasks and crafting are meaningful, big variety in gameplay, a highly memorable character, great character progression, fun weapons, good soundtrack, insane story etc... I could praise this game all day.

I agree with the TC on it being one of the best games in a while. However, I don't agree about the voice acting and characters; Vaas is the only character which stands out. The rest of the voiceovers and characters are pretty average. At least there's a good enough variety of them.

superclocked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 superclocked
Member since 2009 • 5864 Posts
The game is okay, but it could have been much better. It breaks the immersion factor in too many ways, IMO...
KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts
The voice acting and the characters were amazing? It's one of the worst I've ever seen in a video game. Full of cliche character archetypes. The story was below average. Although I gotta give them credit for the gunplay. It's solid. But overall gameplay was too easy. I just can't believe you think Far Cry 3 had a good story, and then then say it tops all games for story. I feel like I'm being trolled, but you might not be trolling. No offense. Still, I highly disagree.Elann2008
I agree with Elann on this one. The first 20 minutes are good for a laugh, but damn, the game is so stupid, it's very difficult to find enjoyable.
RoccoHout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 RoccoHout
Member since 2011 • 1086 Posts

Its an amazing game that I finished twice by now, but I have to disagree that the voice acting and story is great. I didn't care for the story a second, and I cared even less about those spoiled friends I have to save.

psn8214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 psn8214
Member since 2009 • 14930 Posts

It's a great game to play around with. I basically just keep resetting all the outposts and doing those. There's a million different ways to tackle them, and they're consistently awesome, unlike the story which is consistently awful. 

way2funny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#28 way2funny
Member since 2003 • 4570 Posts

Its a great game but could be improved so much. For example, the world could be alot more dynamic. Instead of the enemies waiting at their bases on the defensive, they should actively try and attack bases you have taken over. The npcs should be given a variety of weapons not just all carry aks or the same smgs. Weapons should not be unlocked just cos you climbed a radio tower but be bought at higher prices or looted. Once you buy a gun and drop it, you should have to repurchase it, not be free in stores. These are just a few things I have time to write, but the series has so much potential, I hope the sequel improves on it.DefconRave

All things stalker did in 2007. Far cry 3 - watered down stalker

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 uninspiredcup

Eh, not exactly the same. Far Cry 3 seems to have been inspired abit from Crysis as well. And abit of Bethesda thrown in.

lockjaw333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 lockjaw333
Member since 2003 • 1743 Posts
Far Cry 3 is a fantastic game, but I can't say its because of the characters and voice acting. Outside of Vaas, all the characters felt cliche, and the voice acting (especially for females) was pretty ho hum. The graphics, gameplay, collectibles and upgrade system however were all top notch, addictive and fun. Glad you liked it TC. If you say its your favorite game of all time, I can't really argue with that.
uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 uninspiredcup

Buck was a pretty cool character. Citra was... well, a tribal ebony fetish, basically. She basically exists as a sex object. Little else.

attirex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 attirex
Member since 2007 • 2456 Posts
Note to developers: Never give me a Jeep-mounted gun with unlimited ammo. That's a big, red "YOU WIN!" button on four virtual wheels. And then I get bored.
nooblet69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#33 nooblet69
Member since 2004 • 5162 Posts

I enjoyed it while it lasted but honestly it had no replay value for me. The main thing I liked about it were the pretty graphics.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 uninspiredcup

Far Cry 3 gives you multiple ways of dealing with enemys and generally rewards the player more for being more intricate than running anf gunning.

You must not be playing it right.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

It was a good game. I wouldn't gush over it (or any other game) though. :lol:

cyborg100000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 cyborg100000
Member since 2005 • 2905 Posts

I love the combat and wish all FPS' were like it. Headshot means a damn headshot not a scratch on the head. Guns feel powerful but the game remains challenging enough. I love the vehicles, 1st person and very chatoic to drive when you go high speed. I love the tropical environment, refreshing.

I dislike the characters, goes without a detailed description except they're all a bunch of unlikable tossers. I don't like how you can't get lost in the wilderness; the world's too immaculately designed for the instant gratification player where there's a few hundred feet of shallow tree's and a path is always near by.

The story's a bit...meh, but I did like the little twists here and there so overall yeah, solid game, I prefer STALKER and Half Life though.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 uninspiredcup

I dislike the characters, goes without a detailed description except they're all a bunch of unlikable tossers.cyborg100000

FE4ABBF9CAA1F6A086A4271579B8CFBD45C02150

cyborg100000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 cyborg100000
Member since 2005 • 2905 Posts

[QUOTE="cyborg100000"]I dislike the characters, goes without a detailed description except they're all a bunch of unlikable tossers.uninspiredcup

Look at this guy, just asking to be punched in the face.

flipin_jackass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 flipin_jackass
Member since 2004 • 9772 Posts
I don't know about being the best, but I had a great time with it.
Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#40 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34625 Posts

It was fun at first, but then it got repetitive like most Ubisoft games today. I play the Assassin's Creeds and the FarCrys, but I can never bare to finish them.

psn8214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 psn8214
Member since 2009 • 14930 Posts

[QUOTE="uninspiredcup"]

[QUOTE="cyborg100000"]I dislike the characters, goes without a detailed description except they're all a bunch of unlikable tossers.cyborg100000

Look at this guy, just asking to be punched in the face.

I questioned why we were rescuing him the second we rescued him.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23929 Posts

The story sucked, the characters were unlikeable (save for Vaas), the game lacked challenge and unlocking weapons through the towers was redicilous.

It was fun though, but nothing special.

Travis_Odell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Travis_Odell
Member since 2008 • 1775 Posts

Rule #1 if you want to praise a game do it on the official forums, everyone around here hates their lives and everything in it.

szafto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#44 szafto
Member since 2006 • 1389 Posts
I hated the gunplay, the flamethrower was badass tho