Far Cry 3 Confirmed

• 56 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 DanielDust
Member since 2007 • 15402 Posts
Wow, just wow, Ubi doesn't waste time :P. I can't wait for Far Cry 2, it looks like it's going to be good, at least for me, but they haven't even released it yet and they will start making Far Cry 3.
OoLugioO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 OoLugioO
Member since 2008 • 60 Posts
Marvelous!
solid_mario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 solid_mario
Member since 2005 • 3144 Posts
They really don't waste time...
thusaha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 thusaha
Member since 2007 • 14495 Posts
I'm not surprised.
OoSuperMarioO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 OoSuperMarioO
Member since 2005 • 6539 Posts
Marvelous!
TheUberKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 TheUberKnight
Member since 2007 • 847 Posts
Most excellent.
DieselCat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 DieselCat18
Member since 2002 • 3006 Posts

I loved FarCry (although the Trigent thing was a bit over done)....but have to say I'm not as jacked for FarCry 2 as I was for the original....I'll just have to wait and see. As for FC 3, that's getting ToFar *no pun* ahead for me.

*+

couly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#8 couly
Member since 2004 • 6279 Posts
A bit early for FC3 they should wait till we slate 2 first.
mo0ksi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9 mo0ksi
Member since 2007 • 12337 Posts
Who wants to bet that FC3 will take place in the middle-east?
Avatar image for Doom_HellKnight
Doom_HellKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Doom_HellKnight
Member since 2005 • 12217 Posts
Most excellent.
KillOBKilled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 KillOBKilled
Member since 2008 • 231 Posts
I guess when you have such a large fan base you don't need to worry about flopping titles. However, I'd still hope that they're not overcommitting before launching 2.
DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 DanielDust

Who wants to bet that FC3 will take place in the middle-east?mo0ksi

They said Africa....so....?

s_emi_xxxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 s_emi_xxxxx
Member since 2005 • 1058 Posts

"Let's face it, jungle islands are probably less exciting as they were four years ago."Ubisoft

Oh really Ubisoft ? This probably is the most pathetic thing i've heard in a long time. Actually if ubisoft thinks that a game with jungle island is less exciting nowadays.. then that's because they've created too many ridiculous titles under the name of Far Cry which was first developed by Crytek themselves.

Far Cry instincts

Far Cry instincts predator

Far Cry instincts vengeance

They just didn't make a PS3 version of this game.. Crytek used the island settings once again in Crysis, & see They made it more exciting than any other shooter... more exciting than what Farcry2 is gonna be.

DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 DanielDust

[QUOTE="Ubisoft"]"Let's face it, jungle islands are probably less exciting as they were four years ago."s_emi_xxxxx

Oh really Ubisoft ? This probably is the most pathetic thing i've heard in a long time. Actually if ubisoft thinks that a game with jungle island is less exciting nowadays.. then that's because they've created too many ridiculous titles under the name of Far Cry which was first developed by Crytek themselves.

Far Cry instincts

They just didn't make a PS3 version of this game.. Crytek used the island settings once again in Crysis, & see They made it more exciting than any other shooter... more exciting than what Farcry2 is gonna be.

Let's play it first ;) them will see, but for now it looks way better than Crysis, which I thought it was boring. Maybe it won't be as fun as I expect it to be but I'm sure I will like it more than Crysis.

And Ubi did not make FC Instincts and/or continued to make it. Instincts would have been FC 2 but they dropped the project and a few years after they sold the rights to Ubisoft.

s_emi_xxxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 s_emi_xxxxx
Member since 2005 • 1058 Posts
[QUOTE="s_emi_xxxxx"]

[QUOTE="Ubisoft"]"Let's face it, jungle islands are probably less exciting as they were four years ago."DanielDust

Far Cry instincts

Let's play it first ;) them will see, but for now it looks way better than Crysis, which I thought it was boring. Maybe it won't be as fun as I expect it to be but I'm sure I will like it more than Crysis.

And Ubi did not make FC Instincts and/or continued to make it. Instincts would have been FC 2 but they dropped the project and a few years after they sold the rights to Ubisoft.

Wait a minute, Did you just say that Farcry2's looking way better than Crysis ? Umm.. What ? :o Dude Crysis's visuals are still at the top & Haven't been rivaled by any game till now. But you can say that FarCry2's looking pretty close it's quality. it's not way better by any means... not even better. I'd really like to know what others have to say about this.

Amigro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17 Amigro
Member since 2003 • 737 Posts
Farcry 2 should be running off the same engine and made by the same people. It will most likely look very similar, but polished up a bit, since it is coming out 1 year later...
DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 DanielDust
[QUOTE="DanielDust"][QUOTE="s_emi_xxxxx"]

[QUOTE="Ubisoft"]"Let's face it, jungle islands are probably less exciting as they were four years ago."s_emi_xxxxx

Far Cry instincts

Wait a minute, Did you just say that Farcry2's looking way better than Crysis ? Umm.. What ? :o Dude Crysis's visuals are still at the top & Haven't been rivaled by any game till now. But you can say that FarCry2's looking pretty close it's quality. it's not way better by any means... not even better. I'd really like to know what others have to say about this.

Not visually, I said related to having fun in it, I said after that but yeah I didn't make it clear enough.The graphics are clearly better in Crysis but regarding the other parts that make a game, I'll choose FC 2 over Crysis (for now). I'll see when I play it if it's better than Crysis, the same or worse.
firo999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19 firo999
Member since 2005 • 167 Posts

oh yeah just think its the middle east mo0ksi you probably think we live in huts in some remote location

anyway lets hope that ubi aren't taking it too far if farcry 3 is about a different setting and story then they are just milking the far cry name

Avatar image for deactivated-5c20477a5e387
deactivated-5c20477a5e387

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 deactivated-5c20477a5e387
Member since 2003 • 4291 Posts

Far Cry instincts

FC with supapowahs is in no way more exciting than the non-linear, open-ended gameplay of FC2. Crysis is barely an evolution of FC (and even worse in a few ways), FC2 looks to be so much more.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c20477a5e387
deactivated-5c20477a5e387

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 deactivated-5c20477a5e387
Member since 2003 • 4291 Posts

oh yeah just think its the middle east mo0ksi you probably think we live in huts in some remote location

anyway lets hope that ubi aren't taking it too far if farcry 3 is about a different setting and story then they are just milking the far cry name

firo999

To some degree, yes they are. But in many ways, I think they really are building up on what FC was attempting to do. FC was never about the story, it was all about non-linear gameplay set in huge environments with multiple ways to reach your objectives. And FC2 definitely has that (and I'd imagine so will FC3).

MrUnSavory1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 MrUnSavory1
Member since 2005 • 777 Posts
I Bought Crysis when it first came out, Played with it about 4 hours. Then realized I had spent 50 bucks on a nice set of coasters for my soda pop bottle. When are we going to get games with substance? I miss the 90's........
Avatar image for xAngels_Assasin
xAngels_Assasin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#23 xAngels_Assasin
Member since 2007 • 467 Posts
Damn they sure dont waste time. Cant wait for the 2.
Lakrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Lakrum
Member since 2008 • 399 Posts
Far cry 2 looks awesome, idk how far cry 3 will be since they rushed so fast into making it. ;\
DieselCat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 DieselCat18

Far Cry instincts

I believe he did not mean 'Better' in terms of graphics....I think he was referring to 'Looking Better' as in the actual gameplay, story...etc, as comparied to Crysis.

*+

mismajor99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 mismajor99
Member since 2003 • 5671 Posts
there must be an absolute ton of preorderes for FarCry 2 for them make this announcement, this is usually when you hear things like this. I just hope it does well on PC....
mismajor99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 mismajor99
Member since 2003 • 5671 Posts
[QUOTE="s_emi_xxxxx"][QUOTE="DanielDust"][QUOTE="s_emi_xxxxx"]

[QUOTE="Ubisoft"]"Let's face it, jungle islands are probably less exciting as they were four years ago."DieselCat18

Far Cry instincts

I believe he did not mean 'Better' in terms of graphics....I think he was referring to 'Looking Better' as in the actual gameplay, story...etc, as comparied to Crysis.

*+

according to GFW Radio and 1up, FarCry 2 looks gorgeous, but nothing in comparison to Crysis, end of story.

biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#28 biggest_loser
Member since 2007 • 24508 Posts

Damn you Jack Carver!

The release of Far Cry 1 resulted in a sales surge of Hawaiian Shirts.

This was quickly diminished with the release of Instincts.

krazyorange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#29 krazyorange
Member since 2005 • 2669 Posts
Should be some kind of snowy environment. Like China that has everything. That would be awesome.
DieselCat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 DieselCat18

Damn you Jack Carver!

biggest_loser

I've had my Hawaiian shirts for years......thank you very much.....8)

*+

Helbrec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Helbrec
Member since 2008 • 1325 Posts
Ive been hyped for farcry 2 for ever but playing farcry lately I dont really like the game.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 1005
Member since 2003 • 3738 Posts

FarCry3 confirmed already? wow they are either super confident of FarCry2 not flopping or they really haven't wasted time and have secretly begun work on FarCry3....

But good stuff to hear none the less!

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#33 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

Farcry 2 should be running off the same engine and made by the same people. It will most likely look very similar, but polished up a bit, since it is coming out 1 year later...Amigro

Ubisoft is very efficient. Far Cry 2 and 3 are in good hands. :)

wood_duck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 wood_duck
Member since 2007 • 990 Posts

Far Cry instincts

I dont think he was talking about the visual side if things.

Im looking forward to Far Cry 2 and if it delivers (which it looks like it will) im more than happy for a sequel.

suikoden003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 suikoden003
Member since 2008 • 64 Posts

I'd like the game to set place in an ocean floor base which is surrounded by a vortex. I would love throwing enemies out of windows :D.

Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#36 Lach0121
Member since 2007 • 11793 Posts
no no no its taking place in Utah... i promise you, bringing the fight to our own back yard, and getting in some good fishing while we are at it... this way we dont have to go all over the world for a good battle. lol
Forerunner-117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Forerunner-117
Member since 2006 • 8800 Posts

Well, in the article it said that Ubi is looking at perhaps doing Africa again, but the guy even mentioned that they are interested in Antarctica and would like to see if that would be a viable setting.

Damn you Jack Carver!

biggest_loser

So... what do you think Far Cry 2 will affect? Machete sales?

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts
Fingers crossed for FARCRY 2 atm :)
Lonelynight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Lonelynight
Member since 2006 • 30051 Posts
Ubisoft sure knows how to milk their series dry.
wrick30000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 wrick30000
Member since 2007 • 321 Posts
They are really pretty fast...........N to me they should wait to see what happens to FAR CRY 2 (THOUGH its gonna be a hit still)..
crazymaghie123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 crazymaghie123
Member since 2004 • 1209 Posts

Yes! My every hope and prayer has been answered! I haven't played the second yet but that doesn't matter to me! I'm preordering it right now! Thank you ubi soft for pumping out another game for me to enjoy. I don't think I could even enjoy FC2 without knowing in my heart its not the end.

I was having sleeping issues before this announcement but I think I'll be fine after this know that in 2 years FC3 will be out! Yes!

cooldude1888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#42 cooldude1888
Member since 2008 • 363 Posts
Great. Marvelous. Fantastic. Yes. At last. Amazing. Fandabadozy. These are some words to show my excitment.
rmfd341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#43 rmfd341
Member since 2008 • 3808 Posts
AMAZING! Can't wait for it, loved the second one, I think that if guard points don't respawn in a second, if everything respawned after 24 hours into the game, it would be great.
Franko_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#44 Franko_3
Member since 2003 • 5729 Posts
they sure got a natural talent to milk a franchise
JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 JigglyWiggly_
Member since 2009 • 24625 Posts
Great. Marvelous. Fantastic. Yes. At last. Amazing. Fandabadozy. These are some words to show my excitment.cooldude1888
Lol nice bumb :P
Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts
they sure got a natural talent to milk a franchiseFranko_3
No, Nintendo has a natural talent to milk a franchise.
Stoner-Pimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Stoner-Pimp
Member since 2008 • 979 Posts
Yay, so happy when a company starts to make another game without fixing loads of problems with the current game they just released, hurrah!, i'm keeping well away this time.
BlueBirdTS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 BlueBirdTS
Member since 2005 • 6403 Posts
I just realized the orignal post is from August.
johnny27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 johnny27
Member since 2006 • 4400 Posts
hopefully it wont suck like farcry 2
kemar7856

Forum Posts

Wiki Points