ET: Quake Wars or BioShock

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for LagAssassinVash
LagAssassinVash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 LagAssassinVash
Member since 2004 • 123 Posts

What should I get first? Ill eventually get both, but what first?
Tell me some +/- (Good Points /Bad Points)

!!!Without any spoilers please!!!

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -6

#2 madrocketeer
Member since 2005 • 10591 Posts
Too different to compare. If you want to primarily play online, then Quake Wars. If you just want a great single player experience, then Bioshock, since Bioshock has no online. At all. I myself would rather buy Bioshock. I've been waiting too long for a System Shock 3 to care about any other game.
Kool_j

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Kool_j
Member since 2005 • 1215 Posts
duh bioshock, since its like a 9.8 avg. scoring game lol. But it has no online, so if u want an online game first, then ovb. quake wars.
FIghterFX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 FIghterFX
Member since 2006 • 185 Posts
get them both if u can but if only 1 i say bioshock cuz its one of the greatest games ever made and QW is just another myltiplayer game its a mixofbattlefield2 and wolfienstein enemy terirory not something new
E3BigC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 E3BigC
Member since 2004 • 411 Posts
A lot of people like Bioshock (I don't much after playing the demo), so maybe you'll like it a lot also. As for Quake Wars, get BF 2142 instead. The pacing and gametypes are much better.
Death_Masta187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Death_Masta187
Member since 2002 • 2940 Posts

Well I have been playing Bioshock for about 6 hours now. and its pimptastic... if you enjoyed System shock 2 then you will enjoy BioShock... I know I'm enjoying it... My stupid job is preventing me from playing it right now but that won't stop me from reading about it...

3SecondGrenade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 3SecondGrenade
Member since 2002 • 1073 Posts

This is absolutely no contest. BioShock has already dethroned Ocarina of Time as the highest scoring game ever on gamerankings.com (let's hope it keeps the 99% as more reviews come in) and has already been "locked in" for Game of The Year by several magazines and sites, because they simply can't see anything else this year being better. Everybody is calling it the best thing since sliced bread, while everybody is also calling Quake Wars a low quality Battlefield knockoff.

Do your part and tell game publishers that we want more original masterpieces, not me-too clones of lowest common denominator games.

DGFreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 DGFreak
Member since 2003 • 2234 Posts
The QW beta sucked, to put it nicely.
LagAssassinVash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 LagAssassinVash

The QW beta sucked, to put it nicely.DGFreak

Lol Ouch.
Thanks a bundle guys im gonna get BioShock for sure then.

Also E3BigC I have 2142, TY for the recommendation though.
Iv been playing 2142 to hold me off till I got one of these... I got GRAW 2 but it doesnt work YAY UBISOFT BUG TEAM!

No Online at all? Bummer, but oh well.

Anyway. Thanks again.

PS: ET got owned Via votes.

bblundell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 bblundell
Member since 2006 • 1086 Posts
Dude....seriously ETQW is WAYYY TOO overhyped...I've been in both beta's. I love the entire quake series. I actually play Q3RA and Q4 all the time, but after years of this game being made, I just don't see any kind of greatness that is normally Quake or as a matter a fact the original Wolfenstein ET. Bioshock looks alot better, but I couldn't tell you to get it because dumbass 2K likes to **** over the PC users and not give us a demo, so.......I'd definately steer clear of QWET though!
19chevelle72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 19chevelle72
Member since 2007 • 186 Posts
neither games are out, so lets just make up random crap to make a judgement
Citan76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Citan76
Member since 2003 • 1178 Posts
Bioshock just because it is a single player experienceand when you are done with that you can take quake wars and play online as much as you want.
bblundell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 bblundell

neither games are out, so lets just make up random crap to make a judgement19chevelle72

I'm not making up random crap.....read posts before you make yourself look foolish....I've played ETQW GG noob

delirin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 delirin
Member since 2003 • 745 Posts

The ET:QW beta just isn't great at this point, I've been a quake fan since the first and am quite dissapointed. Hoping it gets better before release.

Personally, I have bioshock pre-downloaded and paid for on steam. Just waiting till teusday afternoon.

Liquid_Snake92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#15 Liquid_Snake92
Member since 2005 • 3380 Posts
Yea. depends whether you want something to interact and kill other players, or if you want a deep and involving single player experience unlike any ohter. :P
GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#16 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12809 Posts
Bioshock, Quake Wars won't offer almost anything new of BF...
DarkShooter16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 DarkShooter16
Member since 2007 • 36 Posts

I choose Bioshock more than quake wars because Bioshock has elements that makes this game a great FPS, and the idea of the plasmids is amazing, but most of all the story is more interesting. Quake wars is a game that is designed for Online battles, dont get me wrong I like Quake wars but ,Bioshock is better.

19chevelle72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 19chevelle72
Member since 2007 • 186 Posts

[QUOTE="19chevelle72"]neither games are out, so lets just make up random crap to make a judgementbblundell

I'm not making up random crap.....read posts before you make yourself look foolish....I've played ETQW GG noob

You've played the BETAS, the same betas as the rest of us. SAY it one more time BETA. but since you've played Quake1 through 6 your an expert at telling how a game will turn out, even though its a beta and things sometimes change. And as far as Bioshock is concerned its not OUT yet. It could totaly suck for all we know. PROBLY NOT but again its not out. So here it comes again:

My post wasn't directed at you, but since you talk out the side of you head, might as well shut u up.

jdp0412

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 jdp0412
Member since 2004 • 264 Posts

Different games...

Multiplayer: ETQW

Single Player: Bioshock

(and I tend to agree after playing ETQW beta that it is a bit over-hyped; Bioshock on the other hand all I can say about the demo is WOW).

Swiftstrike5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#21 Swiftstrike5
Member since 2005 • 6950 Posts
I played that beta 2 of Enemy Territorys:QW and I have to say its alot like the free version of Enemy Territorys (WWII). Fast paced run around shooting people, type of game. They TRIED to make it tactical by allowing you to lean around walls or go prone, but no one every uses that because its 100% pointless. You move way to quick (out run a tank) and it just ruins a majority of the games highlights. Also there are very few vehicles and they seemed to be dumbed down so anyone can use them.
asl2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 asl2006
Member since 2007 • 188 Posts

If the beta version of quake wars is any indication of the final product, I recommend you stay clear... In light of the recent reviews, I would go with Bioshock.The demo is coming soon so you can try it for yourself.

D9-THC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 D9-THC
Member since 2007 • 3081 Posts

I haven't played Bioshock at all and I know little about it (I hate getting into hype...) but I've played enough Quake Wars to know that it's going to be fun forever where as I'll beat Bioshock after I get it and probably never play it again.

Multiplayer = unlimited replay value.

D9-THC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 D9-THC
Member since 2007 • 3081 Posts

I played that beta 2 of Enemy Territorys:QW and I have to say its alot like the free version of Enemy Territorys (WWII). Fast paced run around shooting people, type of game. They TRIED to make it tactical by allowing you to lean around walls or go prone, but no one every uses that because its 100% pointless. You move way to quick (out run a tank) and it just ruins a majority of the games highlights. Also there are very few vehicles and they seemed to be dumbed down so anyone can use them. Swiftstrike5

You've played one map...

The map dictates the tactics and valley lacks any CQB...

And it's great that there's few vehicles because the battlefield series is HORRIBLE because of its vehicles. It's a first person shooter, not a first person driver.

bblundell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 bblundell
[QUOTE="bblundell"]

[QUOTE="19chevelle72"]neither games are out, so lets just make up random crap to make a judgement19chevelle72

You've played the BETAS, the same betas as the rest of us. SAY it one more time BETA. but since you've played Quake1 through 6 your an expert at telling how a game will turn out, even though its a beta and things sometimes change. And as far as Bioshock is concerned its not OUT yet. It could totaly suck for all we know. PROBLY NOT but again its not out. So here it comes again:

My post wasn't directed at you, but since you talk out the side of you head, might as well shut u up.

Are you so gullible to actually believe that ETQW is going to stray far from what the beta is now? The beta is garbage, it offers nothing morethan Battlefield in a Quake setting. The fireteams don't even add any type of helpfor the gameeither. WTF did I ever say I was an expert? I said I wasn't going to make a decision on Bioshock because I haven't played the demo/isn't out yet. Your post doesn't seem to make that much sense considering your babbling on about fake information about me being an expert....(still trying ot figure that sh*t out).

3SecondGrenade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 3SecondGrenade

I haven't played Bioshock at all and I know little about it (I hate getting into hype...) but I've played enough Quake Wars to know that it's going to be fun forever where as I'll beat Bioshock after I get it and probably never play it again.

D9-THC

Apparently IGN, Eurogamer, 1Up, GameSpy, PCGamer, GamePro and PCZone and everybody else who has actually played the game disagrees with you. There has not been a single review yet that says BioShock won't take atleast 25 hours of your time, plus the inevitable second and third and so on replays through it. Add the modding community to the mix, and we have ourselves quite a lot of potential gameplay time. I doubt there's going to be much to Quake Wars that we haven't already seen a billion times in better games.

According to the reviews, BioShock has tied with or outright dethroned Ocarina of Time as the highest scoring game of all time. That's pretty serious; a multi-million copy selling game that became the poster child of Nintendo and video gaming in general and is constantly at the top of #1 best game ever charts is now being gravely threatened by BioShock. Let that sink in for a moment. Quake Wars has no ****ing chance and I will laugh at you even more than I am now if you try justifying QW over the highest scoring game of all time.

Latrosicarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Latrosicarius
Member since 2004 • 3862 Posts
bioshock looks like a piece of crap rehash. They say its some revolution of FPS gaming, but I think not.
StephenHu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#28 StephenHu
Member since 2003 • 2852 Posts
Bioshock, it's like a must buy now
Anthony9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#29 Anthony9000
Member since 2006 • 2173 Posts
i'd say neither just cause i dislike horror games and games with nothing other than campaign and quake wars seems like nothing special to me....
LagAssassinVash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 LagAssassinVash

D9-THC

I Agree. LikeRTCW:ET people add mods, maps, etc. to it... so in the long run itl last longer. Im bored of 2142 I need a multiplayer FPSexperience.
Ill eventually get ET but BioShock first.

Lol outrun a tank? Thats kinda not cool.

henri1960

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 henri1960
Member since 2005 • 2755 Posts
bioshock
Avatar image for splintercell989
splintercell989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 splintercell989
Member since 2005 • 99 Posts
Quake wars is a game I would stay away from. BF2142 is much better in gameplay pacing and just in general. Go with Bioshock and then probably in the future with Crysis or Frontlines Fuel of War if that turns out to be good for you multiplayer fps.
LagAssassinVash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 LagAssassinVash

Quake wars is a game I would stay away from. BF2142 is much better in gameplay pacing and just in general. Go with Bioshock and then probably in the future with Crysis or Frontlines Fuel of War if that turns out to be good for you multiplayer fps.splintercell989

I hope theyput outa demo after the game's release. That would be awsome.
Mmmm Crysis....

-Unreal-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#34 -Unreal-
Member since 2004 • 24650 Posts
From the demo, Bioshock is a good game but so far it seems like people are blowing it way out of proportion. It's good, but not that good.
3SecondGrenade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 3SecondGrenade

From the demo, Bioshock is a good game but so far it seems like people are blowing it way out of proportion. It's good, but not that good.-Unreal-

Luckily for us, game reviewers are smart enough to review the entire game instead of just basing their opinion on a 15-30 minute demo.

cametall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 cametall
Member since 2003 • 7692 Posts

I'd say get Bioshock.

I'm in the Quake Wars beta also and though I like it (I'm not a Quake fan so I'm not holding it up against other Quake games) I feel the Bioshock demo I played on my 360 was better.

At this point in the ETQW beta they need work on vehicle control. Otherwise it plays similar to BF2 but without commanders and it is objective based. I didn't like BF2142 so I cannot compare.