Earbud recommendation for someone who bleeds metal

This topic is locked from further discussion.

digitaldame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#1 digitaldame
Member since 2006 • 5401 Posts

I have gone through several pairs of earbuds in my time ( iPod defaults, SkullCandy, JLab's, etc.) however they all have a very hallow sound to them that it would otherwise not be getting from say my SteelSeries headset. And while I don't mind walking around rocking my GIANT headphones I wouldn't mind having something a little less conspicuous. Any recommendations?

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts
No wonder you got disappointed by those crappy headphones. Should stay away from SkullCandy and iPod default's earbuds are pretty atrocious. Anyway,do you have a budget in mind? Check out the FAQ,could help out
Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11281 Posts

Well apple earbuds and Skull candy's are the worst earbuds you can get hold of.. anything will be better.

3 of my suggestions inlude:

Hifiman RE0

Velodyne V-pulse

Klipsch S4

spittis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 spittis
Member since 2005 • 1875 Posts

I've seen the Vsonic R04 recommended a lot if your budget is under 100 usd.

Wolfetan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Wolfetan
Member since 2010 • 7522 Posts

Westone 4.

Bozanimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 68

#6 Bozanimal
Member since 2003 • 2500 Posts
I think you'll find the Velodyne V-Pulse to your liking: They have a heavy bass kick without sacrificing quality, and they're highly-regarded in headphone enthusiast circles, including C|Net and Head-Fi (even making their Summer Buyer's Guide). Alternatively, the Klipsch Image S4 or S4i (the latter of which has iPod controls) are probably the best value in earbuds from a cost:quality perspective, and are one of the most popular earbuds in existence for good reason. Good luck, Boz
Wolfetan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Wolfetan
[QUOTE="Bozanimal"]I think you'll find the Velodyne V-Pulse to your liking: They have a heavy bass kick without sacrificing quality, and they're highly-regarded in headphone enthusiast circles, including C|Net and Head-Fi (even making their Summer Buyer's Guide). Alternatively, the Klipsch Image S4 or S4i (the latter of which has iPod controls) are probably the best value in earbuds from a cost:quality perspective, and are one of the most popular earbuds in existence for good reason. Good luck, Boz

What about a used pair of TripleFi 10's?
aruntisa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 aruntisa
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
Maybe Westone 4. Thanks [url=http://www.brautundabendkleider.com]brautundabendkleider.com [/url]
Bozanimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 68

#9 Bozanimal
Member since 2003 • 2500 Posts
What about a used pair of TripleFi 10's?Wolfetan
The only reason I don't mention them is because I do not have experience with them, but I'd have to imagine that on a Gamespot employee salary the TripleFi's might be a bit pricey! ;) Happy gaming, Boz
Wolfetan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Wolfetan
[QUOTE="Wolfetan"]What about a used pair of TripleFi 10's?Bozanimal
The only reason I don't mention them is because I do not have experience with them, but I'd have to imagine that on a Gamespot employee salary the TripleFi's might be a bit pricey! ;) Happy gaming, Boz

There only $170 on amazon and $140 used. Also on Black Friday there only $95:shock:
Gambler_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -4

#11 Gambler_3
Member since 2009 • 7736 Posts

I have been using these, really really impressive kit not sure how it compares with others in the price range but I can tell you they are truly audiophile quality once you break them in. After using these they have become my main source of listening to music, they have more natural sound and detail than the bose full size headphones lol.

http://www.amazon.com/JVC-HA-FX300B-In-Ear-Headphones-Black/dp/B000Y3YKMW

Bikouchu35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 Bikouchu35
Member since 2009 • 8344 Posts

[QUOTE="Bozanimal"][QUOTE="Wolfetan"]What about a used pair of TripleFi 10's?Wolfetan

There only $170 on amazon and $140 used. Also on Black Friday there only $95:shock:

Your wallet must be pretty fat for your age!

Personally I am against ponying up for earbuds since they are a bit harder to sell & share... since they are pretty gross if you think about it.