Duke Nukem Forever: it's done!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Baranga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 Baranga
Member since 2005 • 14217 Posts

Press release:

2K Games and Gearbox Software Announce Duke Nukem ForeverĀ® Has "Gone Gold"

Vaporware no more! Gaming's most legendary hero makes his triumphant return this June

New York, NY – May 24, 2011 – 2K Games and Gearbox Software are proud to announce that Duke Nukem ForeverĀ®, one of the most anticipated entertainment properties of all time, has "gone gold" and will be available at retailers on June 10, 2011 internationally and on June 14, 2011 in North America. The road to gold was paved over the course of 15 years and its legendary path climaxes on the Xbox 360Ā® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStationĀ®3 computer entertainment system and Windows PC. Gamers who pre-order the title from select outlets will ensure that they are among the first to experience this legendary piece of gaming history when the demo* launches on June 3, 2011 for all platforms, exclusively for Duke Nukem First Access Club Members.

"Duke Nukem Forever is the game that was once thought to be unshipppable, and yet here we are, on the precipice of history," said Christoph Hartmann, president of 2K. "Today marks an amazing day in the annals of gaming lore, the day where the legend of Duke Nukem Forever is finally complete and it takes that final step towards becoming a reality."

Created over the span of 15 years, Duke Nukem Forever was first developed with the intense passion and commitment from an inspired group of dedicated designers, artists and programmers at 3D Realms under the direction of game industry icon, George Broussard.

"Duke Nukem Forever and its journey to store shelves is legendary," said George Broussard, creative director at 3D Realms. "It's an epic tale of four game development studios that banded together and did the unthinkable and shipped the unshippable. When you play this game you will be reminded of that epic journey at every turn and in every small detail of the game. The character, attitude, interactivity, gameplay and political incorrectness combine to make a Duke Nukem game a unique gaming experience. In the timeless words of Duke Nukem it's finally time to 'Come Get Some'. Come be a part of gaming history."

In 2009, after many believed that Duke Nukem Forever would never be completed, a small team of intrepid developers, known as Triptych Studios, resurrected the dream. Through their inspiring and steadfast commitment to the game and their exemplary talent and skill, they finally assembled the pieces to create an incredible, epic and cohesive gameplay experience. Under the production of Gearbox Software, Triptych Studios, Piranha Games and many other contributors joined together in a heroic effort to complete the long awaited game as a polished, full-featured triple-A title.

"Always bet on Duke, I did," said Randy Pitchford, president of Gearbox Software. "I bet on all of the developers who have ever been a part of this legendary project and I bet that none of us want to live in a world without the Duke. I've played the final game and it is an incredible experience - a once-in-a-lifetime opus of interactive entertainment that reminds me once again why Duke Nukem is our King. The developers of Duke Nukem Forever at 3D Realms, Triptych, Piranha and finally at Gearbox deserve our thanks and respect for never giving up and have truly shown us that they have balls of steel!"

Strictly for the biggest Duke Nukem fans, the First Access Club grants members exclusive access to the pre-release demo on June 3, 2011 so that they are amongst the first to experience gaming history in the making. There are multiple ways fans can join the exclusive First Access Club, by pre-ordering the game from select retailers or by purchasing the Borderlands Game of the Year Edition on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 system and Windows PC.

True Duke Nukem die-hards will want to get their hands on the Duke Nukem Forever Balls of Steel Edition. This package is spilling over-the-brim with legendary content that is not to be missed by those who want the ultimate experience of this historic arrival. Premium items, such as a Duke Nukem Bust and an art book that chronicles the development of Duke Nukem Forever, flank a package that is overflowing with content. Check out www.dukenukemforever.com/preorder/ to see exactly how much stuff could be crammed into one box.

Apologizing to no one, Duke Nukem Forever is the high-octane video game equivalent of a Hollywood summer blockbuster. Starring the legendary lady killer and alien slayer, Duke Nukem Forever brings gamers back to a blastastic time when games were filled with head-popping, bone-rattling action, brazenly crude humor, impossibly statuesque women dying for affection, and catchy one-liners meant to make you laugh out loud.

Duke Nukem Forever is rated M for Mature by the ESRB. For more information on the game, including where to pre-order, please visit www.dukenukemforever.com.

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

Never thought I'd see the day :P

Avatar image for deactivated-5e7f8a21de9dd
deactivated-5e7f8a21de9dd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

User Lists: 1

#3 deactivated-5e7f8a21de9dd
Member since 2008 • 4403 Posts

Do the graphics still look like Doom 3?

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

realguitarhero5

Its duke nukem, Its all about the gameplay and the jokes

mhofever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#5 mhofever
Member since 2008 • 3960 Posts

Cant wait to try out the demo next week.

Yes. Demo next Friday!

Twisted14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Twisted14
Member since 2007 • 3497 Posts
Well it's about damn time. But this is really quite something. 14 years in development, and it's finally completed and ready to ship. Too think how far it's come, how it's been through a few phases, where there was just no information on it and it's development status was unknown, times where we got some info and we knew where they were at with it. When 3D Realms lost it and I had to let go of my hopes to play this game one day. And then that great feeling when Gearbox picked it back up, but the uneasiness through all that time, the announcement of a release date, the one month delay, still always feeling uneasy even up until today. I can finally sleep easy knowing the game... is done.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 deactivated-5e7f8a21de9dd

[QUOTE="realguitarhero5"]

seanmcloughlin

Its duke nukem, Its all about the gameplay and the jokes

Naughty Bear was funny
Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#8 Lach0121
Member since 2007 • 11783 Posts

I am dissapointed in the Packages...

All this Special edition and not one Duke Nukem Soundtrack, or music from previous Duke Nukem games.. (IE Duke Nukem 64 and Zero Hour)

(that would be the only reason for me to get the special edition, all that other crap will just waste space and collect dust)

I am still getting me a copy of Duke by the end of June... Unless it flops or something.

Twisted14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Twisted14
Member since 2007 • 3497 Posts
Even though I'm really looking forward to this game and so badly want to play it, it unfortunately is being released at the start of the exam period, so I will most likely end up waiting to get it a little later.
Baranga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Baranga

Even though I'm really looking forward to this game and so badly want to play it, it unfortunately is being released at the start of the exam period, so I will most likely end up waiting to get it a little later.Twisted14

You should play it before each exam, it'll give you strength!

That's what I'll do anyway.

flipin_jackass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 flipin_jackass
Member since 2004 • 9772 Posts
Sweet. Can't wait for the first access demo thing... I want to see what the hype is all about.
DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 DanielDust
Member since 2007 • 15402 Posts

Sweet. Can't wait for the first access demo thing... I want to see what the hype is all about.flipin_jackass

You can start today.

Can't wait for it, it'll be a cold day in hell when it releases :P.

Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Lach0121

[QUOTE="flipin_jackass"]Sweet. Can't wait for the first access demo thing... I want to see what the hype is all about.DanielDust

You can start today.

http://www.google.com/search?aq=f&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=Hell+michigan

Seems it is a cold day in hell every winter lol.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deactivated-5e7f8a21de9dd

[QUOTE="DanielDust"]

[QUOTE="flipin_jackass"]Sweet. Can't wait for the first access demo thing... I want to see what the hype is all about.Lach0121

You can start today.

Seems it is a cold day in hell every year lol.

Love how you pulled that out of thin air.
Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Lach0121

[QUOTE="Lach0121"]

[QUOTE="DanielDust"]

You can start today.

realguitarhero5

Seems it is a cold day in hell every year lol.

Love how you pulled that out of thin air.

lol, it was a funny little reply.

Matrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 Matrix
Member since 2002 • 1456 Posts
I'm excited for it but I'm not paying full price for the game. Going to wait for a sale on it most likely. I can't see it being worth more than like $25 but that's my opinion. Maybe I'll get it around the holidays when I'm running low on games.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 deactivated-5e7f8a21de9dd
I'm excited for it but I'm not paying full price for the game. Going to wait for a sale on it most likely. I can't see it being worth more than like $25 but that's my opinion. Maybe I'll get it around the holidays when I'm running low on games.Matrix
Ummm the holidays are peak time for gaming! It's about now in early summer that everything flatlines!
Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Lach0121

[QUOTE="Matrix"]I'm excited for it but I'm not paying full price for the game. Going to wait for a sale on it most likely. I can't see it being worth more than like $25 but that's my opinion. Maybe I'll get it around the holidays when I'm running low on games.realguitarhero5
Ummm the holidays are peak time for gaming! It's about now in early summer that everything flatlines!

He could be referring to the back catalog of games, he has aquired over these previous sales... lol I know I have a decent back catalog of unfinished games lol.

VeryBumpy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19 VeryBumpy
Member since 2008 • 1718 Posts

Looking forward to the demo to see how this game finally turned out after all these years.

Wonder if there will DLC for this game?

Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Lach0121

You live there, in that country called "The USA", and you live like that, because you want, yes ? Stress... pollution... the best 40 years of your life working 5 days a week and 8 hours a day to make your boss rich and let him step on you as "thanks"... violence and crime... racism... crowd and noise... biggotry and witch hunts... MTV and intellectual death... juvenile delinquency... and a whole society based on the notion of "the winner" and "the loser"... there is no real people, only "winners" and "losers". ... NO, thank you! And the funny thing is, if an incompetent and cowardly moderator hadn't deleted the first instance of this post unjustifiably, none of this mess would happen.hazbollah

lol I agree to a very large degree... extremely outdated system..... (U.S. is far from the only one, most of the world suffers from it too)

That being said, what in the hell does this have to do with Duke Nukem Forever?

TruedUp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 TruedUp
Member since 2002 • 691 Posts

The game will probably be mediocre but it doesnt matter! Its the MF-ing Duke! Saves us from Rapture, finishes game, fornicates with many women. God bless you Duke.

Matrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Matrix
Member since 2002 • 1456 Posts

[QUOTE="realguitarhero5"][QUOTE="Matrix"]I'm excited for it but I'm not paying full price for the game. Going to wait for a sale on it most likely. I can't see it being worth more than like $25 but that's my opinion. Maybe I'll get it around the holidays when I'm running low on games.Lach0121

He could be referring to the back catalog of games, he has aquired over these previous sales... lol I know I have a decent back catalog of unfinished games lol.

^this is true. I work full-time and have an active social life so it's hard to keep up with the amount of games that come out. I rarely buy any games brand new anymore. I really save a lot of money just waiting a few months. Steam and Amazon sales are my weakness. lol.
Crimsader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Crimsader
Member since 2008 • 11672 Posts
I also think that it will be a rather mediocre experience, yet I'll get it.
Gladestone1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Gladestone1
Member since 2004 • 5695 Posts

[QUOTE="Lach0121"]

[QUOTE="realguitarhero5"]Ummm the holidays are peak time for gaming! It's about now in early summer that everything flatlines!Matrix

^this is true. I work full-time and have an active social life so it's hard to keep up with the amount of games that come out. I rarely buy any games brand new anymore. I really save a lot of money just waiting a few months. Steam and Amazon sales are my weakness. lol.

Hehe just picked up the prince of persia pack for 15 bucks..

How ever the duke is back baby..YAAAAA!!!..Duke ownes all games..Hes the first first person shooter game come out..That was the best at the time..Come gets some ya baby..Would any one say last year that this day would truly come..Not until gearbox resurrected this game...Im in shock after all the jokes..After all the puns..Duke nuke em for ever really means forever lol..It will be released hurah..Cant wait to punch that alien in the nut sack..

Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Lach0121

[QUOTE="Matrix"][QUOTE="Lach0121"]

Gladestone1

Hehe just picked up the prince of persia pack for 15 bucks..

How ever the duke is back baby..YAAAAA!!!..Duke ownes all games..Hes the first first person shooter game come out..That was the best at the time..Come gets some ya baby..Would any one say last year that this day would truly come..Not until gearbox resurrected this game...Im in shock after all the jokes..After all the puns..Duke nuke em for ever really means forever lol..It will be released hurah..Cant wait to punch that alien in the nut sack..

Actually Wolfenstien 3d, then Doom, then Duke Nukem, Blood, Shadow Warrior and Turok. I think thats the order of release.

Skeptomania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#27 Skeptomania
Member since 2004 • 8104 Posts

I haven't been following this game all that closely, but I have a feeling people are getting excited about a less than stellar game just because it's called "Duke Nukem Forever". If it was the exact same game, with a different name and lead character, I doubt most people would care nearly as much.

Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Lach0121

I haven't been following this game all that closely, but I have a feeling people are getting excited about a less than stellar game just because it's called "Duke Nukem Forever". If it was the exact same game, with a different name and lead character, I doubt most people would care nearly as much.

Skeptomania

lol same could of been said for gta4 or halo 3..

nocturial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 nocturial
Member since 2007 • 240 Posts

[QUOTE="Skeptomania"]

Lach0121

This

DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 DanielDust
Member since 2007 • 15402 Posts

Skeptomania
Yes, that's pretty much why people look forward to any kind of sequels, be it books, movies, music albums, games, etc.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 deactivated-5e7f8a21de9dd

[QUOTE="Lach0121"]

[QUOTE="Skeptomania"]

nocturial

This

Uhh half truth- people who really know games know when a good game comes out. Casual gamers wouldn't give a rip about a Halo game if it wasn't really called Halo.
Born_Lucky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Born_Lucky
Member since 2003 • 1730 Posts

After seeing the promos, my excitement level went to -11.

Most puke inducing piece of crap I've ever seen. . . I mean, seriously - playing with poop? I hope it fails miserably.

flipin_jackass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 flipin_jackass
Member since 2004 • 9772 Posts

Skeptomania

That's how I feel. I am interested in the game, but not because it's a DN game, but because I like Gearbox. BiA and Borderlands were some of my favourite games. Duke Nukem is a series I didn't followed, so I don't have the expectation that many seem to have for DNF... but I do hope Gearbox does something great with it.

Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Lach0121

[QUOTE="nocturial"]

[QUOTE="Lach0121"]

realguitarhero5

This

Uhh half truth- people who really know games know when a good game comes out. Casual gamers wouldn't give a rip about a Halo game if it wasn't really called Halo.

How is GTA4 any different? it isn't.

This can (and is) applied to every single prequel, sequel, or of the like, period. (no matter the franchise)...

Baranga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Baranga

[QUOTE="Skeptomania"]

flipin_jackass

That's how I feel. I am interested in the game, but not because it's a DN game, but because I like Gearbox. BiA and Borderlands were some of my favourite games. Duke Nukem is a series I didn't followed, so I don't have the expectation that many seem to have for DNF... but I do hope Gearbox does something great with it.

Gearbox just finished the game, it's 3D Realms' baby.

Maybe you played Blood? That was also their game, and they sold it to Monolith a couple of months before release to focus on Duke and Prey.

Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Lach0121

[QUOTE="flipin_jackass"]

[QUOTE="Skeptomania"]

Baranga

Maybe you played Blood? That was also their game, and they sold it to Monolith a couple of months before release to focus on Duke and Prey.

Don't forget Shadow Warrior, It was a 3drealms baby too, and it was really fun!

simardbrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 simardbrad
Member since 2004 • 2355 Posts

And I can almost guarnatee that all the youngins' who didn't grow up in the era of duke will just say "The graphics suck and it coppies x feature from call of duty!" I bet any money this will happen.

This release will go down in history. Regardless of the quality of the game, I want to try it. I've been waiting since it was first announced back in the late 90's

yourmajesty90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#38 yourmajesty90
Member since 2006 • 1420 Posts

[QUOTE="Baranga"]

[QUOTE="flipin_jackass"] That's how I feel. I am interested in the game, but not because it's a DN game, but because I like Gearbox. BiA and Borderlands were some of my favourite games. Duke Nukem is a series I didn't followed, so I don't have the expectation that many seem to have for DNF... but I do hope Gearbox does something great with it.

Lach0121

Don't forget Shadow Warrior, It was a 3drealms baby too, and it was really fun!

Man, all those games are damn good fun. Highly nostalgic too.

Baranga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Baranga

And I can almost guarnatee that all the youngins' who didn't grow up in the era of duke will just say "The graphics suck and it coppies x feature from call of duty!" I bet any money this will happen.

This release will go down in history. Regardless of the quality of the game, I want to try it. I've been waiting since it was first announced back in the late 90's

simardbrad

IGN already complained that it doesn't have iron sights and exciting setpieces...

I'm sure the game will bomb and a lot of snobs and hipsters will attack it for its humour. Duke 3D had the same kind of jokes, and they worked very well. I don't know how and why, but they never felt stupid and gratuitious like in, say, Postal. I expect no less from DNF.

Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts
Have had it pre-ordered since January.