Dota 2 rage people who report?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

yodude1026

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 yodude1026
Member since 2011 • 184 Posts

Well i went on a match of Dota today (dota is the best game ever if you havent played it you should ;) ) and i decided to try out shadow fiend, i have always found him hard to play but after a few matches of training with bots i decieded to take it online. Well it turns out that i am not so good with Sf... i died alot to and axe and a timbersaw... i know i shouldnt be taking damage to his battle hunger since i can kill creeps pretty fast but i didnt have many souls then. Well (and a weaver) we basically traded kills, they got 6 off us and we got 6 off them. After i went bot to help out a bounty hunter kept went in against 3 people. They had a sentry and killed im instantly.. He later kept saying i should have helped him and that they should have reported me. Others (2) agreed and said that they hadd reported me for feeding and being a noob :p . My question is (sorry long post) that will valve take notice and just give me a day or 2 punishment? is if fair that i get it? Also why do they get so angry? its not like i just walk in there and die instantly i just die in the team fights. 4 times more than others... in the end i got 6 more kills than the rest? Will reports like that get noticed? 

thanks ;)

Prexxus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Prexxus
Member since 2003 • 1443 Posts

Well i went on a match of Dota today (dota is the best game ever if you havent played it you should ;) ) and i decided to try out shadow fiend, i have always found him hard to play but after a few matches of training with bots i decieded to take it online. Well it turns out that i am not so good with Sf... i died alot to and axe and a timbersaw... i know i shouldnt be taking damage to his battle hunger since i can kill creeps pretty fast but i didnt have many souls then. Well (and a weaver) we basically traded kills, they got 6 off us and we got 6 off them. After i went bot to help out a bounty hunter kept went in against 3 people. They had a sentry and killed im instantly.. He later kept saying i should have helped him and that they should have reported me. Others (2) agreed and said that they hadd reported me for feeding and being a noob :p . My question is (sorry long post) that will valve take notice and just give me a day or 2 punishment? is if fair that i get it? Also why do they get so angry? its not like i just walk in there and die instantly i just die in the team fights. 4 times more than others... in the end i got 6 more kills than the rest? Will reports like that get noticed? 

thanks ;)

yodude1026
Don't even worry about it. These kinds of people almost never actually report and if they do not much happens if anything,
yodude1026

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 yodude1026
Member since 2011 • 184 Posts
ooh ok thanks...but will the valve people just punish anyone with a report? or will they look deeper into why they have been reported?
FaustArp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 FaustArp
Member since 2013 • 1036 Posts

ooh ok thanks...but will the valve people just punish anyone with a report? or will they look deeper into why they have been reported?yodude1026

If they punished anyone who got reported on then Steam would be unusable, because trolls would just report people constantly.

I wouldn't worry about it.

ciorlandenis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 ciorlandenis
Member since 2012 • 322 Posts

i  never got reported , or at least no action was taken, and I flame hard all the time, yea coz everyone does it in the end anyway, and when people act retarded I'm gonna call them out on it.. friend of mine got reported and got a low prio queue (30-40 min queue times) after 10 games lol

then again I usually flamed back when noobs were talking crap, I rarely initiated

Prexxus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Prexxus
Member since 2003 • 1443 Posts

There is a automatic system in play and it really is shit. But like I said, most of them say they will report and just leave right away, and if it only happened once I doubt anything will happen. The WORST I can see happening is you get the low priority queue.

ampiva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#7 ampiva
Member since 2010 • 1251 Posts
Welcome to mobas, the worst community in existence.
Darkslayer16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Darkslayer16
Member since 2006 • 3619 Posts

Welcome to mobas, the worst community in existence.ampiva

Pretty much.. it's the main thing that makes me hate the genre.

sozar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 sozar
Member since 2003 • 428 Posts

My question is (sorry long post) that will valve take notice and just give me a day or 2 punishment?

thanks ;)

yodude1026

Am level 95 in Dota 2 with more than 1200 game, you know how many times i got reported by more than one or two  for no reason? like  700 times and how many times I got punished? Zero yep not even once. i got punished once for abandoning 2 games in the same day (I had internet problems) and went 24 hour low priority.

and btw valve took some action about ppl reporting for nothing now u can only report 4 times each week I think.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

[QUOTE="yodude1026"]

My question is (sorry long post) that will valve take notice and just give me a day or 2 punishment?

thanks ;)

sozar

Am level 95 in Dota 2 with more than 1200 game, you know how many times i got reported by more than one or two  for no reason? like  700 times and how many times I got punished? Zero yep not even once. i got punished once for abandoning 2 games in the same day (I had internet problems) and went 24 hour low priority.

and btw valve took some action about ppl reporting for nothing now u can only report 4 times each week I think.

This. You need thick skin for competitive genres like this, literally take NOTHING anyone says unless its actually freindly advice seriously......
whitey_rolls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 whitey_rolls
Member since 2006 • 2547 Posts

They are starting to take action on reports though - a buddy of mine keeps getting muted in game.  Even now he doesn't even do anything (I think last time it happened was because he said he was going to unpause a game, someone says "I'm reporting you") and next think you know he's muted for two days.Â