Dota 2 quitters :(

This topic is locked from further discussion.

yodude1026

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 yodude1026
Member since 2011 • 184 Posts

hello i recently got into Dota 2 and the game is EPIC XDXDXD but i start to realise that when round starts people seem to just be afk, or quit insantly. I know that some people have bad internet connection and when the map loads or somehting it causes a screen freeze or something. But sometimes i feel as if people just quit on purpose! as in out of the 20 matches i have played only 5 of them were ever full. i dont care about people being nube but am i right? is it because of internet connection that people quit or AFK? :)

panndemic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 panndemic
Member since 2013 • 39 Posts

is it because of internet connection that people quit or AFK? :)

yodude1026
Both reasons are valid. Sometimes people enter a match, minimize the game and forget to play. This is really sad.
1PMrFister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#3 1PMrFister
Member since 2010 • 3134 Posts
I've had the game crash on me a couple times while it was attempting to load into the match. Granted, I'm playing on a dated laptop, but there's another reason for you.
madmenno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#4 madmenno
Member since 2004 • 1528 Posts
I just started playing, i guess you have to gain a view levels before things get better like with LOL. My first game of dota was an epic fail, i though i chose and locked my hero and tried everything to get into the game that was running in the background.
trijity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 trijity
Member since 2008 • 813 Posts

My experience is quite the opposite, there are games where I wish people WOULD quit! Those games when you *know* which side is gonna win but ppl drag the game out for 10-20 minutes. I do encounter a ton of games where ppl suddenly d/c, hell it's practically every other game, but pausing/waiting for a few minutes they usually return. Maybe I am just "lucky", but the games I play where people flat-out leave when the match is still competitive is practically non-existent for me.

THGarrett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#6 THGarrett
Member since 2003 • 2574 Posts
[QUOTE="yodude1026"]

is it because of internet connection that people quit or AFK? :)

panndemic
Both reasons are valid. Sometimes people enter a match, minimize the game and forget to play. This is really sad.

I would say that's ADD at its finest.
homeboylizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 homeboylizard
Member since 2010 • 1289 Posts
They probably have bad computers that can't run the game properly so they enter a game, quit and never look back.
SKaREO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 SKaREO
Member since 2006 • 3161 Posts
Could be their net sucks, they are using a wooden computer, or the server you are on has connectivity issues. Sometimes the client will crash and you'll be forced to restart. When this happens, people will generally pause the game and wait for the person to return. But sometimes, as is the case with the the guy who has a horrible K.D ratio, they just rage quit. You can't really avoid this in a team game that requires participants to play out a 30+ minute game. The biggest issue I have with Dota 2 is the matchmaking. Seems like they took matchmaking directly from Blizzard, it is so horrible. When are these game studios going to hire a legit sports analyst to figure out a proper MMR system?
1PMrFister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#9 1PMrFister
Member since 2010 • 3134 Posts
I just started playing, i guess you have to gain a view levels before things get better like with LOL. My first game of dota was an epic fail, i though i chose and locked my hero and tried everything to get into the game that was running in the background.madmenno
Dota 2 is not the easiest game to get into, and jumping right into a competitive match when you're still new is never a good idea. I'd recommend playing the tutorial quest and sticking with practice/co-op bot matches at first. Read up on a couple online guides so you have an idea of what everything does, too.
lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

Can't you report leavers?