DOTA 2 Discussion and Info

• 100 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SKaREO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 SKaREO
Member since 2006 • 3161 Posts
 [size=20]Description:[/size] If you enjoy the Warcraft Series, you'll find a lot to appreciate in Defense of the Ancients. Comparable to League of Legends, DOTA features competitive online click combat with a huge variety of classes, item builds and strategies. The key to success is getting the last hits on enemy units, while denying the opponents from farming the same lanes. DOTA 2 is one of the most difficult and rewarding online games available today. Dota began as a user-made modification for Warcraft 3 and has grown into one of the most played online games in the world. Following in the tradition of Counter-Strike, Day of Defeat, Team Fortress, Portal, and Alien Swarm, Dota 2 is the result of Valve hiring the community developers who built the mod and giving them the chance to finally build a full product out of their idea with the help of a professional team of developers and artists at Valve. As for the gameplay, its a little hard to describe. The camera is set in the traditional RTS perspective, but it wouldnt be fair to call Dota an RTS. And while each hero starts at level 1, and many times hits the level cap of 25, it wouldnt be fair to call it an RPG. Lots of people have tried to assign various genre names to Dota, but we think Action RTS is probably the most descriptive. And while we dont spend a lot of time trying to figure out what genre the game is inventing, we cant stop playing it internally! [size=20]How to play DOTA 2:[/size] You can learn how to play at the DOTA 2 Wiki. Start by reading and understanding the mechanics behind the game, then take a look at the heroes. Find a hero you might like to play and take a look at all the items available. Many items will help your character become even more powerful.  [size=20]How to Join the Beta:[/size] DOTA 2 is currently in the later stages of Beta. You can have a chance to participate by clicking the button below and filling out the short survey. There's a good chance you will receive an email with your beta key. Hint: If you really want to play the beta, it's better if you've played DOTA before.  [size=20]DOTA 2 Comic[/size] Click here to check out the DOTA 2 Comic!
heliuminside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 heliuminside
Member since 2012 • 97 Posts
I have been playing this game for years, tried to apply to get an invitation for the BETA, it has been a few weeks and still nothing. Steam even sent me an e-mail to purchase some game costumes + access to beta for $34.99. Better off waiting for the game to be released under F2P rather spending money for early access to the content. Anyway it'll be a good game, descent graphics. Cannot wait!
SKaREO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 SKaREO
You can trade your way into DOTA 2 also. Visit the TF2 Outpost and search for DOTA 2 trades. Some people will trade keys for them. You can purchase keys from the Steam store for only $2.50 each.
REforever101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 REforever101
Member since 2005 • 11223 Posts

moba's really aren't my thing. I started with lol and got bored pretty quickly. Then I got into dota2 for a while and got bored of that just as quickly

heliuminside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 heliuminside
You can trade your way into DOTA 2 also. Visit the TF2 Outpost and search for DOTA 2 trades. Some people will trade keys for them. You can purchase keys from the Steam store for only $2.50 each.SKaREO
Thanks for the information, I'll keep an eye on it. :)
Avatar image for TheBlackKnight3
TheBlackKnight3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 TheBlackKnight3
Member since 2008 • 1586 Posts

It's really fun and really addicting. Eats up hours of your night without even noticing because games often last an hour long. I just need to get into more characters. Currently I only play Spirit Breaker, Dragon Knight, and Tidehunter, but I want to try a ranged support character and a ranged carry. Lately I have been getting a hang of the game, and my wins are at 19 while I only have 15 losses.

heliuminside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 heliuminside

Dunno how but when I entered Dota 2 in Steam it allowed me to download the game, and I actually managed to play it. How so? But I am glad it worked, better now than later. Thanks for support.

EDIT: I just checked my e-mail. There is the invitation sent just a few minutes ago. Confusing but great anyway getting into the game. :D

Starshine_M2A2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#8 Starshine_M2A2
Member since 2006 • 5593 Posts

It's not a Blizzard game anymore - therefore, not interested.

dragonmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 dragonmaster64
Member since 2003 • 6104 Posts
when is it going to be released? how much will it be? system reqs?
REforever101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 REforever101
Member since 2005 • 11223 Posts

Starshine_M2A2
blizzard is hardly blizzard anymore
EliteM0nk3y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 EliteM0nk3y
Member since 2010 • 3382 Posts

when is it going to be released? how much will it be? system reqs?dragonmaster64

1. Later this year

2. Dota 2 is free to play

3. No idea; though they shouldn't be that high since it's a Source game

tagyhag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 tagyhag
Member since 2007 • 15874 Posts

Veteran DOTA player, enjoying 2 immensely. Currently at 370 hrs with the beta and the test client. Community is still filled with a$$wipes but there are some nice people here and there.

I really enjoy the ability to random heroes, I've always been one to indecisive and the extra gold sweetens the deal. Only time I actually choose a hero is when we do Single Draft. :P

If anyone wants to add me Steam ID is also tagyhag.

SKaREO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 SKaREO
I like to use Lifestealer and Sniper. Using Shadow Blade with the Sniper's ultimate is awesome.
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#15 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

Alot of my fav games are what alot of peopel consider hard/tough games, but this game just kicks my butt :lol:

Mega Man series and DOTA1/2 I just am so bad at :lol:

Still have fun though :P

slabber44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 slabber44
Member since 2004 • 985 Posts
Tried it out for the first time a couple weeks ago. Being a complete noob at it was hoping to get a little advice or help from someone and needless to say after 4 games and nothing but sarcasm and ass hats I will pass on this game. Community is everything to me and this is one community I can definitely live without. Lifes to short to deal with egotistical jack asses when I'm trying to just have fun.
QQabitmoar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 QQabitmoar
Member since 2011 • 1892 Posts

Comparable to League of Casuals,SKaREO

No it;s not. It's much better. And DotA came waaaaaay before lolRiot made one of the DotA devs betray the community and work on the casualised version of DotA that is League of Casuals.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

Starshine_M2A2
IT never was a blizzard game. Blizzard are incapable of coming close to it.
Nohtnym

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Nohtnym
Member since 2010 • 1552 Posts

Tried it out for the first time a couple weeks ago. Being a complete noob at it was hoping to get a little advice or help from someone and needless to say after 4 games and nothing but sarcasm and ass hats I will pass on this game. Community is everything to me and this is one community I can definitely live without. Lifes to short to deal with egotistical jack asses when I'm trying to just have fun.slabber44

The thing about dota 2 is that "your fun" is for other 4 of your teammates usually not fun, since dota 2 is team game to the max. You can win 4vs5, but its nearly impossible to win 4vs6(=one person feeding the other team). I hate noobs that doesnt listen advices more than flamers.

There are bots in the game, and guides('dota cinema' is good start).

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

[QUOTE="slabber44"]Tried it out for the first time a couple weeks ago. Being a complete noob at it was hoping to get a little advice or help from someone and needless to say after 4 games and nothing but sarcasm and ass hats I will pass on this game. Community is everything to me and this is one community I can definitely live without. Lifes to short to deal with egotistical jack asses when I'm trying to just have fun.Nohtnym

The thing about dota 2 is that "your fun" is for other 4 of your teammates usually not fun, since dota 2 is team game to the max. You can win 4vs5, but its nearly impossible to win 4vs6(=one person feeding the other team). I hate noobs that doesnt listen advices more than flamers.

This, experiencing it first hand with elitest freinds. I say "Just play for fun" They reply "Losing isnt fun" and tbh they have a point, this isnt a jump in and play game, its an e-sport, a teamwork game, it is meant to be taken seriously.
slabber44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 slabber44
Member since 2004 • 985 Posts
[QUOTE="Nohtnym"]

[QUOTE="slabber44"]Tried it out for the first time a couple weeks ago. Being a complete noob at it was hoping to get a little advice or help from someone and needless to say after 4 games and nothing but sarcasm and ass hats I will pass on this game. Community is everything to me and this is one community I can definitely live without. Lifes to short to deal with egotistical jack asses when I'm trying to just have fun.MBirdy88

This, experiencing it first hand with elitest freinds. I say "Just play for fun" They reply "Losing isnt fun" and tbh they have a point, this isnt a jump in and play game, its an e-sport, a teamwork game, it is meant to be taken seriously.

Well I would imagine that if your trying to learn a game there would be a little understanding of that. Since I'm not being paid to play then I consider it a game, not an e-sport. That's fine though, there are plenty of ""games" out there that I can have FUN playing. I will leave this game for the hardcore gotta win crowd.
Socijalisticka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Socijalisticka
Member since 2011 • 1555 Posts

Starshine_M2A2

Diablo 3 is an exceptional piece of work isn't it?

Starshine_M2A2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Starshine_M2A2

[QUOTE="Starshine_M2A2"]

Socijalisticka

I don't know. I haven't played it yet.
SKaREO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 SKaREO
[QUOTE="Socijalisticka"]

[QUOTE="Starshine_M2A2"]

Starshine_M2A2

I don't know. I haven't played it yet.

Diablo 3 isn't a Blizzard game either, sadly. You probably won't be interested unless you just started playing Blizz games at WoW. Blizzard fell apart, not sure if you keep up with the news, but a lot of their talented developers left for greener pastures. Activision is written all over Blizzard games now, literally. DOTA was a WC3 mod to begin with, a community created game, not a Blizzard game. Valve has a good track record of hiring modders in the community to help make games. DOTA 2 is an excellent game and it is being developed by one of the creators of the original mod.
mep69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 mep69
Member since 2008 • 1926 Posts

Starshine_M2A2

Your loss. Plus blizzard didn't invent DOTA. It's a Custom game in a blizzard game. Get over it.

SKaREO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 SKaREO
Okay, so I've been experimenting with a few different item builds for the Lifestealer and this one is ridiculously strong. Feel free to copy/paste this to notepad and use it in one of your games. It's a very aggressive build meant for ganking enemies in lanes and jungling. Basically it works with Armlet of Mordiggian and Mask of Madness, using Blink Dagger to teleport on top of enemies, or to get away from danger quickly. You gain so much life and deal massive damage in a short period of time, a lot of times you can gank 2 at once after you have the Mask of Madness. [spoiler] Lifestealer - Maddening Rage Start 1 Tango 1 Clarity 1 Gauntlets 1 Stout Shield 375 gp Bracer 500 gp Boots 500 gp Gloves of Haste 450 gp Power Treads 450 gp Blades of Attack 500 gp Gloves of Haste 950 gp Helm of Iron Will 700 gp Armlet of Mordiggian 900 gp Morbid Mask 1000 gp Mask of Madness 2150 gp Blink Dagger 2150 gp Sange 2150 gp Yasha [/spoiler]
Starshine_M2A2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Starshine_M2A2

[QUOTE="Starshine_M2A2"]

mep69

Your loss. Plus blizzard didn't invent DOTA. It's a Custom game in a blizzard game. Get over it.

A mod utilising pre determined game elements defind by Blizzard. So, yes, technically it is a Blizzard game whereas the version being worked on from scratch by Valve is not. Also, it's hardly my loss if I've no interest in playing it to begin with. Nor do I need to 'get over it' since I'm indifferent to it either way. But I appreciate your concern for my state of mind. If only the world had more altruistic individuals like you...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
[QUOTE="MBirdy88"][QUOTE="Nohtnym"]

slabber44

Well I would imagine that if your trying to learn a game there would be a little understanding of that. Since I'm not being paid to play then I consider it a game, not an e-sport. That's fine though, there are plenty of ""games" out there that I can have FUN playing. I will leave this game for the hardcore gotta win crowd.

OR you can grow a back bone and not get hurt by silly comments, instead research into how to play the game instead of expecting people who have queued to play a game competitively ending up with someone who cant be bothered and expects answers DURING a match.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
[QUOTE="mep69"]

[QUOTE="Starshine_M2A2"]

Starshine_M2A2

A mod utilising pre determined game elements defind by Blizzard. So, yes, technically it is a Blizzard game whereas the version being worked on from scratch by Valve is not. Also, it's hardly my loss if I've no interest in playing it to begin with. Nor do I need to 'get over it' since I'm indifferent to it either way. But I appreciate your concern for my state of mind. If only the world had more altruistic individuals like you...

Idiotic statement, there has been leveling in RTS before Warcraft, Blizzard had nor the heinsight or the competency to truly capitilize on this, so Valve took it, and by the looks of things have done a much better job than this pitifully announced "Blizzard All-Stars". DoTA quickly became the only reason people still logged into Warcraft III , because the normal MP was boring, unbalanced crap.
Starshine_M2A2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Starshine_M2A2
Idiotic statement, there has been leveling in RTS before Warcraft, Blizzard had nor the heinsight or the competency to truly capitilize on this, so Valve took it, and by the looks of things have done a much better job than this pitifully announced "Blizzard All-Stars". DoTA quickly became the only reason people still logged into Warcraft III , because the normal MP was boring, unbalanced crap.MBirdy88
Not quite as idiotic as completely missing the point of a cystal clear forum post, I'm sure.
QQabitmoar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 QQabitmoar

Okay, so I've been experimenting with a few different item builds for the Lifestealer and this one is ridiculously strong. Feel free to copy/paste this to notepad and use it in one of your games. It's a very aggressive build meant for ganking enemies in lanes and jungling. Basically it works with Armlet of Mordiggian and Mask of Madness, using Blink Dagger to teleport on top of enemies, or to get away from danger quickly. You gain so much life and deal massive damage in a short period of time, a lot of times you can gank 2 at once after you have the Mask of Madness. [spoiler] Lifestealer - Maddening Rage Start 1 Tango 1 Clarity 1 Gauntlets 1 Stout Shield 375 gp Bracer 500 gp Boots 500 gp Gloves of Haste 450 gp Power Treads 450 gp Blades of Attack 500 gp Gloves of Haste 950 gp Helm of Iron Will 700 gp Armlet of Mordiggian 900 gp Morbid Mask 1000 gp Mask of Madness 2150 gp Blink Dagger 2150 gp Sange 2150 gp Yasha [/spoiler] SKaREO

With Naix, you want to start with a qb and a stout shield and one set of tangos, jungle your way to a midas and one set of gloves, if done right, you should have those at around 8.30~9.00, then start farming ancient camps and the large camp if on Sentinel, or keep jungling normally on the Scourge, building your way to Armlet+Treads+Basher.

Generally, having both armlet and madness on the same hero isn't recommended. Losing hp per second due to armlet, and taking extra damage from madness is never a good idea. Plus, Stygian or Maeltrom are mushc better orbs for Naix, his own life steal and ulti are more than enough to keep him alive.

SKaREO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 SKaREO

[QUOTE="SKaREO"]Okay, so I've been experimenting with a few different item builds for the Lifestealer and this one is ridiculously strong. Feel free to copy/paste this to notepad and use it in one of your games. It's a very aggressive build meant for ganking enemies in lanes and jungling. Basically it works with Armlet of Mordiggian and Mask of Madness, using Blink Dagger to teleport on top of enemies, or to get away from danger quickly. You gain so much life and deal massive damage in a short period of time, a lot of times you can gank 2 at once after you have the Mask of Madness. [spoiler] Lifestealer - Maddening Rage Start 1 Tango 1 Clarity 1 Gauntlets 1 Stout Shield 375 gp Bracer 500 gp Boots 500 gp Gloves of Haste 450 gp Power Treads 450 gp Blades of Attack 500 gp Gloves of Haste 950 gp Helm of Iron Will 700 gp Armlet of Mordiggian 900 gp Morbid Mask 1000 gp Mask of Madness 2150 gp Blink Dagger 2150 gp Sange 2150 gp Yasha [/spoiler] QQabitmoar

With Naix, you want to start with a qb and a stout shield and one set of tangos, jungle your way to a midas and one set of gloves, if done right, you should have those at around 8.30~9.00, then start farming ancient camps and the large camp if on Sentinel, or keep jungling normally on the Scourge, building your way to Armlet+Treads+Basher.

Generally, having both armlet and madness on the same hero isn't recommended. Losing hp per second due to armlet, and taking extra damage from madness is never a good idea. Plus, Stygian or Maeltrom are mushc better orbs for Naix, his own life steal and ulti are more than enough to keep him alive.

I think you should try it before you knock it. I actually just added Soul Ring after Mask of Madness and it is devastating. Mask of Madness is truly ridiculous with Lifestealer, the 30% increased damage taken really makes no difference when you're ganking, you can just use the ultimate to quickly regain health mid fight too. I'll look into using the basher, it's a good one. Going Sange into Heaven's Halbred is pretty awesome too!
QQabitmoar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 QQabitmoar

[QUOTE="QQabitmoar"]

[QUOTE="SKaREO"]Okay, so I've been experimenting with a few different item builds for the Lifestealer and this one is ridiculously strong. Feel free to copy/paste this to notepad and use it in one of your games. It's a very aggressive build meant for ganking enemies in lanes and jungling. Basically it works with Armlet of Mordiggian and Mask of Madness, using Blink Dagger to teleport on top of enemies, or to get away from danger quickly. You gain so much life and deal massive damage in a short period of time, a lot of times you can gank 2 at once after you have the Mask of Madness. [spoiler] Lifestealer - Maddening Rage Start 1 Tango 1 Clarity 1 Gauntlets 1 Stout Shield 375 gp Bracer 500 gp Boots 500 gp Gloves of Haste 450 gp Power Treads 450 gp Blades of Attack 500 gp Gloves of Haste 950 gp Helm of Iron Will 700 gp Armlet of Mordiggian 900 gp Morbid Mask 1000 gp Mask of Madness 2150 gp Blink Dagger 2150 gp Sange 2150 gp Yasha [/spoiler] SKaREO

I think you should try it before you knock it. I actually just added Soul Ring after Mask of Madness and it is devastating. Mask of Madness is truly ridiculous with Lifestealer, the 30% increased damage taken really makes no difference when you're ganking, you can just use the ultimate to quickly regain health mid fight too. I'll look into using the basher, it's a good one. Going Sange into Heaven's Halbred is pretty awesome too!

I used to do sange and yasha or hablerd on naix in DotA 1....then i figured out that, s&y costs as much as a deso does, and with armlet+deso I can 3-4shot most supports and devastate anything else. Nowadays I just jungle till I have midas/treads/armlet/basher, which I usually get around 21~23 minutes, and by that point Naix is unstoppable. From that point onwards, anything is viable, and I can see the logic behind madness, but again, later on dagger should provide mobility and midas+rage already provide enough atk spd...

That said, going phase boots into armlet into madness could be viable for a lane naix, but if you have the unlimited jungle farm, the 'usual' build is just more efficient.

SKaREO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 SKaREO

[QUOTE="SKaREO"][QUOTE="QQabitmoar"]

QQabitmoar

I used to do sange and yasha or hablerd on naix in DotA 1....then i figured out that, s&y costs as much as a deso does, and with armlet+deso I can 3-4shot most supports and devastate anything else. Nowadays I just jungle till I have midas/treads/armlet/basher, which I usually get around 21~23 minutes, and by that point Naix is unstoppable. From that point onwards, anything is viable, and I can see the logic behind madness, but again, later on dagger should provide mobility and midas+rage already provide enough atk spd...

That said, going phase boots into armlet into madness could be viable for a lane naix, but if you have the unlimited jungle farm, the 'usual' build is just more efficient.

You've got some excellent points, good advice! The Halbred is quite expensive and not particularly useful after some testing. The Desolator would definitely be a lot better. I'll keep testing some things out and I'll try the midas/treads/armlet/basher combo next time.
mep69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 mep69
[QUOTE="mep69"]

[QUOTE="Starshine_M2A2"]

Starshine_M2A2

Then good sir, i raise my hat to and bid you good day as i must apologise; for i must ask you to leave this post from which your opinion is not cared for. Again i bid you good day, you cynical pillock.
HyperWarlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 HyperWarlock
Member since 2011 • 3295 Posts

I have the beta on steam and I haven't even installed it. I don't think there is much point since everyone playing are already veterans from the previous game and I will just get wrecked.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

I have the beta on steam and I haven't even installed it. I don't think there is much point since everyone playing are already veterans from the previous game and I will just get wrecked.

HyperWarlock
No, honest to god, the veterans are all on HoN, anyone that tells you otherwise is in denial. Majority of players are pretty damn bad, so dont worry about jumping in... honestly.
Iantheone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Iantheone
Member since 2007 • 8242 Posts
Dota2 is unplayable for me. Really need some oceania servers or better US servers. LoL however works fine at 180-220 ping.
Iantheone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Iantheone
Member since 2007 • 8242 Posts

Starshine_M2A2
Valve>Blizzard soooo..... Youre gonna be missing out
Starshine_M2A2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Starshine_M2A2
[QUOTE="Starshine_M2A2"][QUOTE="mep69"] Your loss. Plus blizzard didn't invent DOTA. It's a Custom game in a blizzard game. Get over it.mep69

Then good sir, i raise my hat to and bid you good day as i must apologise; for i must ask you to leave this post from which your opinion is not cared for. Again i bid you good day, you cynical pillock.

Nope, I don't think I will. Although I do appreciate your decision to capitulate to a clearly superior force. There's no shame in it. To help you in the future, the way I defeated you was to simply wait until your own argument collapsed under it's own ridiculousness. Once it was clear that it had done so, I moved in and put you well and truly in your place. Apply that strategy to others like yourself and one day you'll be as great as me.
SKaREO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 SKaREO

HyperWarlock
You shouldn't have such a defeatist attitude toward difficult games like this. Making mistake and dying a lot is part of learning the ropes. Every time you die in the game, walk away with a lesson learned for next time. I die a lot in this game, but I'm getting better every time I play it. There is a matchmaking system that will try to match you with players of a similar skill level. I think it is worth trying to learn this game since it's going to be a popular game with a strong community and supported by the best game developer in the world.
mep69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 mep69

[QUOTE="mep69"][QUOTE="Starshine_M2A2"]

A mod utilising pre determined game elements defind by Blizzard. So, yes, technically it is a Blizzard game whereas the version being worked on from scratch by Valve is not. Also, it's hardly my loss if I've no interest in playing it to begin with. Nor do I need to 'get over it' since I'm indifferent to it either way. But I appreciate your concern for my state of mind. If only the world had more altruistic individuals like you...Starshine_M2A2

Nope, I don't think I will. Although I do appreciate your decision to capitulate to a clearly superior force. There's no shame in it. To help you in the future, the way I defeated you was to simply wait until your own argument collapsed under it's own ridiculousness. Once it was clear that it had done so, I moved in and put you well and truly in your place. Apply that strategy to others like yourself and one day you'll be as great as me.

LOL.... You serrious ???

Put me in my place ??? At no such time was i put in my place, or as you refered to "put you well and truly in your place". You're either a terrible troll or really... well, Thick.

The only so called elements in dota which belonged to blizzard were the characters skins... really can't be bothered with someone attempting to string sentence together with words that vastly surpass their intellectual knowledge in an attempt to sound clever.

Starshine_M2A2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Starshine_M2A2
LOL.... You serrious ???

Put me in my place ??? At no such time was i put in my place, or as you refered to "put you well and truly in your place". You're either a terrible troll or really... well, Thick.

The only so called elements in dota which belonged to blizzard were the characters skins... really can't be bothered with someone attempting to string sentence together with words that vastly surpass their intellectual knowledge in an attempt to sound clever.mep69

Character skins....and the UI, the code for creating the entire environments, the decal effects...in fact the entire spectrum of graphics...the weather effects, the basic and fundamental elements of the game's RTS mechanics as well as the limitations of said mechanics...all form a template that creates the DOTA mod. There is nothing original in it whatsoever...but apart from all that, you're right... I accept your concession though. Don't worry, you were just way out of your depth.

mep69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 mep69
[QUOTE="mep69"]LOL.... You serrious ???

The only so called elements in dota which belonged to blizzard were the characters skins... really can't be bothered with someone attempting to string sentence together with words that vastly surpass their intellectual knowledge in an attempt to sound clever.Starshine_M2A2

Character skins....and the UI, the code for creating the entire environments, the decal effects...in fact the entire spectrum of graphics...the weather effects, the basic and fundamental elements of the game's RTS mechanics as well as the limitations of said mechanics...all form a template that creates the DOTA mod. There is nothing original in it whatsoever...but apart from all that, you're right... I accept your concession though. Don't worry, you were just way out of your depth.

I'll leave you in your little world.
Starshine_M2A2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Starshine_M2A2
[QUOTE="Starshine_M2A2"][QUOTE="mep69"]LOL.... You serrious ???

The only so called elements in dota which belonged to blizzard were the characters skins... really can't be bothered with someone attempting to string sentence together with words that vastly surpass their intellectual knowledge in an attempt to sound clever.mep69

I'll leave you in your little world.

It was large enough to consume you though, wasn't it?
biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#46 biggest_loser
Member since 2007 • 24508 Posts
No clue on how it is meant to be played. A shame as I have enjoyed a few titles from this "Valve"

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

No clue on how it is meant to be played. A shame as I have enjoyed a few titles from this "Valve"biggest_loser
Well then why don't you read up? or watch some youtube videos, pleanty of basic guides. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akUNmFAzS98 now find specific hero guides that you like and all it comes down to then is experience, brains and skill.

actually this is a better guidehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvCc5lml-os&feature=related

mep69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 mep69
No clue on how it is meant to be played. A shame as I have enjoyed a few titles from this "Valve"biggest_loser
You can go on dotacinema and there are guides for some of the characters
SKaREO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 SKaREO
YouTube is the go to place for strategy videos these days. But it's not that complicated a game. Best place to start is to learn the mechanics and browse through the items and heroes over at dota2wiki.com.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
61k players online at a non-peak time ..... this game is going to explode when its released + advertisement.