Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#101 Childeater10
Member since 2006 • 3027 Posts

@cyloninside said:

@Ballroompirate said:

Last time I checked I'm the one who decides on how I spend money, with that out of the way I'm gonna buy Evolve cause not only did I love the L4D games I loved the Evolve beta (playing as the monster was actually kinda fun).

It's pretty sad how entitled gamers are now and days, Evolves DLC practices are now where as bad as Capcoms DLC practices or those day 1 DLC's.

first of all, nobody was telling you what to do... merely pointing out the facts, so get off your high horse there jack-off.

and second, i hope you are happy with your purchase 5 years from now when games are just shells and you have to buy each feature piecemeal just to get a complete game. you are supporting that practice after all. enjoy!

Its going to happen regardless... People can't stop buying DLC for any of the major AAA shooters out there.

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#103 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

@jimmy_russell said:

DLC is a cancer of the gaming industry and it needs to be removed from all games. Anyone who supports DLC in their games is a shill or a moron, either way I ignore their opinions. How can anyone tolerate being nickel and dimed like this? Disgusting.

DLC is just like expansion packs.

cyloninside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#104 cyloninside
Member since 2014 • 815 Posts

@airshocker said:

@jimmy_russell said:

DLC is a cancer of the gaming industry and it needs to be removed from all games. Anyone who supports DLC in their games is a shill or a moron, either way I ignore their opinions. How can anyone tolerate being nickel and dimed like this? Disgusting.

DLC is just like expansion packs.

nope, it isnt. expansion packs usually have many many many times more content, and are content that is developed well after the game is actually finished.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

@cyloninside said:

nope, it isnt. expansion packs usually have many many many times more content, and are content that is developed well after the game is actually finished.

When you answer questions that are asked of you instead of back pedaling like a coward, then we'll continue discussing other things.

cyloninside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By cyloninside

@airshocker said:

@cyloninside said:

When you answer questions that are asked of you instead of back pedaling like a coward, then we'll continue discussing other things.

mad guy is mad that nobody agrees with him.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

@cyloninside said:

I don't really care if you don't agree with me. Your opinion isn't something I value in the slightest. But if you're going to ignore the questions I ask of you just because you're too much of a coward to be shown to be wrong, well then you don't deserve to have discussions with me.

cyloninside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 cyloninside

@airshocker said:

@cyloninside said:

I don't really care if you don't agree with me. Your opinion isn't something I value in the slightest. But if you're going to ignore the questions I ask of you just because you're too much of a coward to be shown to be wrong, well then you don't deserve to have discussions with me.

ooooo so mad. look at you stew. so saaaalty.

feels good man.

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#109 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts

I bought the game months ago and I am very excited for it!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

@cyloninside said:

@airshocker said:

@cyloninside said:

feels good man.

So sad, you can't even answer a simple question that is posed to you.

Just remember, cylon: People may agree with your views on Evolve and it's DLC, but they also all see how you're acting like a petulant child after being shown to be wrong.

Reverting back to the troll we all know you are isn't going to save you.

cyloninside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By cyloninside

@airshocker said:

@cyloninside said:

@airshocker said:

@cyloninside said:

feels good man.

Just remember, cylon: People may agree with your views on Evolve and it's DLC, but they also all see how you're acting like a petulant child after being shown to be wrong.

this is just getting good... keep going aishocker! you almost have us all believing that you arent mashing your cheesy fingers into your keyboard with white hot rage.

where is your proof aishocker? i dont see a 500 page thesis on all the research you did.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

@cyloninside said:

@airshocker said:

@cyloninside said:

@airshocker said:

@cyloninside said:

feels good man.

this is just getting good... keep going aishocker! you almost have us all believing that you arent mashing your cheesy fingers into your keyboard with white hot rage.

where is your proof aishocker? i dont see a 500 page thesis on all the research you did.

If my posts come off as anger to you then you really need to learn how to read. I've already told you once before: Nothing you say even slightly irks me.

What other proof is required? Notice how not a single soul on this forum is coming to your aid? There's a reason for that.

cyloninside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By cyloninside

@airshocker said:

@cyloninside said:

@airshocker said:

@cyloninside said:

@airshocker said:

@cyloninside said:

feels good man.

If my posts come off as anger to you then you really need to learn how to read. I've already told you once before: Nothing you say even slightly irks me.

What other proof is required? Notice how not a single soul on this forum is coming to your aid? There's a reason for that.

probably has more to do with people not wanting to get in the way of you showing off your small penis syndrome... i mean really, i find no other explanation for your ridiculous behavior.

"nobody is coming to your aid" lol... good one. Because you have a whole army behind you, right?

i only have a couple of pages agreeing with me that Evolve is shit for its slime ball DLC tactics.... that sure isnt ANYONE agreeing with me at all... nope.

keep trying airshocker. if you mashing your cheesy fingers for hours helps you with your anger management, by all means. ive got all night, big dog... and frankly i love making you so salty that you cant resist replying.

Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#114 Lach0121
Member since 2007 • 11793 Posts

This ^^ is a good example why I don't frequent these forums near as much as I use to. A clear thought out discussion is an endangered idea.

DLC can in fact be the same as an expansion pack. (It is possible, and there are examples of this) Right now Grey Goo has DLC being developed for it. But it might as well be an expansion pack. Its rumored to have a whole new race, and probably a new campaign for that race. Not to mention new modes of play, new maps, and even new units for existing factions. That is basically an expansion pack. Although they refer to it as DLC. (as technically that is what it will be Down Loadable Content)

That being said most DLC is not the same as an expansion pack. As there are many many more examples of it being a nickle & dime practice. I could list them, but we all know several examples.

I want to get Evolve. It looks fun, Even have a RL friend that has played the beta/alpha and said it was really really fun... But that being said, I am very skeptical of the practices they are using. If the game is gonna be built for DLC, then have the game cost less. $60 for the base game, and $99 for everything is actually quite high with COD:AW (and it had a single player campaign, and co-op/exo modes, plus the MP) This game is just MP only. (with bot played matches for SP) Maybe I am wrong on that, If I am I am sure someone will correct me. But if I am not, asking that same price for that is honestly 2k is pushing their damn luck.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#115 commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

@cyloninside said:

Here is why you shouldnt buy Evolve

watch the vid....

customers need to make a stand at some point.... when a game is marketed as a vector for DLC, rather than being marketed as... you know.... a GAME, we have finally hit the point where the bullshit just needs to stop.

yeah well , after 2 years of fifa ultimate team, where ea is putting people against each other with very expensive players, I kinda had it with after purchase costs. These games simply don't enter the house anymore.

Thanks for warning me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

@cyloninside said:

probably has more to do with people not wanting to get in the way of you showing off your small penis syndrome... i mean really, i find no other explanation for your ridiculous behavior.

"nobody is coming to your aid" lol... good one. Because you have a whole army behind you, right?

i only have a couple of pages agreeing with me that Evolve is shit for its slime ball DLC tactics.... that sure isnt ANYONE agreeing with me at all... nope.

keep trying airshocker. if you mashing your cheesy fingers for hours helps you with your anger management, by all means. ive got all night, big dog... and frankly i love making you so salty that you cant resist replying.

Or, as a user below you just said, there's no discussion to be had with people like you.

I don't need an army behind me to deal with you. That's the difference between me and you.

Yeah, your reading comprehension is bad. You should go back and reread what it is I actually said. Just because some people may agree with your views on DLC and Evolve doesn't mean they support your shitty tactics of baiting, back pedaling, and hiding behind trolling.

I don't need to keep trying. You've already shown what kind of person you really are. I'm having a great time twisting the knife.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
@Lach0121 said:

This ^^ is a good example why I don't frequent these forums near as much as I use to. A clear thought out discussion is an endangered idea.

DLC can in fact be the same as an expansion pack. (It is possible, and there are examples of this) Right now Grey Goo has DLC being developed for it. But it might as well be an expansion pack. Its rumored to have a whole new race, and probably a new campaign for that race. Not to mention new modes of play, new maps, and even new units for existing factions. That is basically an expansion pack. Although they refer to it as DLC. (as technically that is what it will be Down Loadable Content)

That being said most DLC is not the same as an expansion pack. As there are many many more examples of it being a nickle & dime practice. I could list them, but we all know several examples.

I want to get Evolve. It looks fun, Even have a RL friend that has played the beta/alpha and said it was really really fun... But that being said, I am very skeptical of the practices they are using. If the game is gonna be built for DLC, then have the game cost less. $60 for the base game, and $99 for everything is actually quite high with COD:AW (and it had a single player campaign, and co-op/exo modes, plus the MP) This game is just MP only. (with bot played matches for SP) Maybe I am wrong on that, If I am I am sure someone will correct me. But if I am not, asking that same price for that is honestly 2k is pushing their damn luck.

Most of the users on these boards are willing to have discussions with people. You just have a few people whose only goal is to troll.

I agree, DLC can definitely be just like an expansion pack, and I think it's clear when DLC is actually aiming to be that kind of content. Buying $2 DLC packs that give extra weapons or extra outfits (In games like Watch_Dogs and Sleeping_Dogs, for instance) isn't an expansion pack. But buying a $14.99 DLC that adds a brand new monster (in Evolve's case) can certainly be considered an expansion pack. A new Monster EXPANDS on the gameplay of Evolve. If that isn't the very definition of an Expansion pack, I don't know what is.

Your last paragraph really comes down to personal preference, doesn't it? If you prefer a game with a tacked on singleplayer that gets shorter every year, then CoD: AW is certainly the game for you. I would much rather a game with no SP that focuses on making the MP as fun as possible. I think that's exactly what Evolve did. I don't see the DLC as overbearing -- or a turn off -- because it will genuinely improve on the game. Instead of having to wait for an Evolve 2, this game will be supported for years to come. Having to buy extra monsters and hunters is the exact same thing to me as having to buy an expansion pack for EverQuest when I was younger.

Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 Lach0121

@airshocker said:
@Lach0121 said:

Most of the users on these boards are willing to have discussions with people. You just have a few people whose only goal is to troll.

I agree, DLC can definitely be just like an expansion pack, and I think it's clear when DLC is actually aiming to be that kind of content. Buying $2 DLC packs that give extra weapons or extra outfits (In games like Watch_Dogs and Sleeping_Dogs, for instance) isn't an expansion pack. But buying a $14.99 DLC that adds a brand new monster (in Evolve's case) can certainly be considered an expansion pack. A new Monster EXPANDS on the gameplay of Evolve. If that isn't the very definition of an Expansion pack, I don't know what is.

Your last paragraph really comes down to personal preference, doesn't it? If you prefer a game with a tacked on singleplayer that gets shorter every year, then CoD: AW is certainly the game for you. I would much rather a game with no SP that focuses on making the MP as fun as possible. I think that's exactly what Evolve did. I don't see the DLC as overbearing -- or a turn off -- because it will genuinely improve on the game. Instead of having to wait for an Evolve 2, this game will be supported for years to come. Having to buy extra monsters and hunters is the exact same thing to me as having to buy an expansion pack for EverQuest when I was younger.

I hope its just a few now, there were quite a bit on here last year when I left. I learned a lot from these forums, and shared a lot as well. Use to be a halfway decent community.

On the first paragraph, I am not sure as to how the DLC stuff will actually play out with Evolve. With Evolve I feel as if I am not understanding all of it, cause it seems to be a slightly different model with DLC. But I hope its all worth the value.

On the second paragraph, you make some valid points. IF Evolve does make an extraordinary MP experience, then even I will say that for the price a SP isn't needed, or the other modes for the price. That is a 50/50 chance as of now in my eyes. My girl, and I have a friend out of state that says it was really fun, and would give us someone (and him some people too) to play the game with. I hear from most people that its fun. I am not against DLC as long as I feel it is worth it. There is a small amount of preference, but sometimes the preference is so thrown out of the window. I personally feel that 4 maps for $15 on COD is too much, but they are including a new exo mode with it. And there is a season pass which further reduces the overall price of each one. But Is it just $15 for each monster in Evolve? if so I do find that a bit high priced. I know there is a monster edition, but what all does that really cover. If I pay $99, and still have to buy extra stuff right off the bat for the game, then it may be far too much to invest in a game (and type of game) that I haven't really experienced much at all.

I did go ALL in for COD:AW recently, first COD in a long time for me, and I feel as if it meets the value, mostly. Will know for sure once at least one map pack is released.

I also don't have a problem with a season pass, as long as the hype/promise/value is delivered in the end. Just as I have no problem backing products/ideas on Kickstarter. I just don't like being screwed over. As I feel most people feel the same. However, Season pass, (or mass DLC for that matter) is not something I want to see on every game. That would be too much. Hard to keep track of all the games coming out now, much less prioritizing them in the order you are interested in, if you have to damn near do a research paper on each one just to make sure you are doing it half-ass right.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

@Lach0121: I found the Evolve graph that someone made that outlines what is currently available.

So right now the PC Monster Race edition which is $99 gives you everything: The season pass, the deluxe edition stuff, the base game, and the monster expansion pack, even if you don't preorder.

My issue with map packs is that it tends to split communities. I would rather pay for new Monsters and Hunters and have map packs and modes given to everyone for free.

Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 Lach0121

@airshocker: Much appreciated!

One thing I did hear about Evolve was that they were giving all the maps out for free... Did they say that or, am I tripping? If its true then it won't split the community. Which is a good thing. Something I could support. This is something the Devs of COD/Battlefield could learn a thing, or two from.

But I also remember hearing something about how it will have more dlc than any game before, which begs the question how much (after launch) dlc does the season pass cover? Everything? Or would there be a season pass 2? rhetorical question, lol I am sure no one knows the answer to that except the devs/2k atm.

$99 for everything isn't that bad, if they can deliver on a great experience, and if it includes everything after launch too (and it has more dlc than any other game) then the value sky rockets from there. A game doesn't have to have SP for it to be worth the price. If it is just a fantastic game then that has its value right there.

It is a game that is different, from what I can tell, and I would like to see some new styles of games. (as well as some that have died make a come back YAY for RTS resurgence). Something worth the gamble in a way to invest in. However, seeing how a lot of devs/publishers from the past have done, I can see why so many are skeptical, and recoiling from Evolve. That, and I think some of the negativity is due to confusion.

I hope it does well cause I am (and have been) thinking of going all in for it.

I will be taking a gamble on The Division, so I might as well go for Evolve as well. I've been looking forward to both since announcements, and they both seem like types of games I always kinda wanted to play, but never really were made.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

@Lach0121 said:

@airshocker: Much appreciated!

One thing I did hear about Evolve was that they were giving all the maps out for free... Did they say that or, am I tripping? If its true then it won't split the community. Which is a good thing. Something I could support. This is something the Devs of COD/Battlefield could learn a thing, or two from.

But I also remember hearing something about how it will have more dlc than any game before, which begs the question how much (after launch) dlc does the season pass cover? Everything? Or would there be a season pass 2? rhetorical question, lol I am sure no one knows the answer to that except the devs/2k atm.

$99 for everything isn't that bad, if they can deliver on a great experience, and if it includes everything after launch too (and it has more dlc than any other game) then the value sky rockets from there. A game doesn't have to have SP for it to be worth the price. If it is just a fantastic game then that has its value right there.

It is a game that is different, from what I can tell, and I would like to see some new styles of games. (as well as some that have died make a come back YAY for RTS resurgence). Something worth the gamble in a way to invest in. However, seeing how a lot of devs/publishers from the past have done, I can see why so many are skeptical, and recoiling from Evolve. That, and I think some of the negativity is due to confusion.

I hope it does well cause I am (and have been) thinking of going all in for it.

I will be taking a gamble on The Division, so I might as well go for Evolve as well. I've been looking forward to both since announcements, and they both seem like types of games I always kinda wanted to play, but never really were made.

Yeah you aren't tripping. Maps and modes will be free.

I do believe the season pass covers all future DLC. The Steam page is kind of ambiguous, though. If it's a traditional season pass it will, if it isn't then we're going to have issues. I'm willing to bet it's going to be the former.

I'm also in your boat. I'm willing to gamble a little bit in order to get new types of games. Games like Dreadnought (from a newish developer) and Rainbow Six Siege (from Ubisoft) are two that I'm looking forward to. I tend to enjoy the frenetic, team vs team games that we see cropping up.

Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 Lach0121

@airshocker: Oh I forgot about Rainbow Six Siege. I remember them cancelling "patriots" which I was actually looking forward to.

I Will have to check that out. I will give Dreadnought a looksy as well.

Yeah, Evolve was one of those games I was stoked hearing/seeing it the first time. Then was disheartened when I first read about all this DLC, but now after thinking about it... I think it would be worth it to take the gamble. Especially worth it if the Season Pass does in fact cover all future DLC, and there if there is a lot of it.

cyloninside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 cyloninside

@airshocker said:

@cyloninside said:

Or, as a user below you just said, there's no discussion to be had with people like you.

I don't need an army behind me to deal with you. That's the difference between me and you.

Yeah, your reading comprehension is bad. You should go back and reread what it is I actually said. Just because some people may agree with your views on DLC and Evolve doesn't mean they support your shitty tactics of baiting, back pedaling, and hiding behind trolling.

I don't need to keep trying. You've already shown what kind of person you really are. I'm having a great time twisting the knife.

"twisting the knife"??? is that what the kids call it these days?

yeah, i want no part in your "twisting the knife" airshocker. that is something you can do all on your own, behind closed doors, with your katy perry pictures or whatever.

i will not be part of your sexual fantasies.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

I was genuinely interested in Evolve until they said the DLC stuff. Nintendo is possibly the only company left that gives you a completely finished game first with stuff you can actually play through the game to unlock (not pay money to unlock) and then after the game is out for a while, they give Add-On DLC to an already completed game that is fairly priced.

This is the correct way to handle DLC

bonafidetk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By bonafidetk
Member since 2004 • 3911 Posts

@airshocker said:

@Lach0121: I found the Evolve graph that someone made that outlines what is currently available.

So right now the PC Monster Race edition which is $99 gives you everything: The season pass, the deluxe edition stuff, the base game, and the monster expansion pack, even if you don't preorder.

My issue with map packs is that it tends to split communities. I would rather pay for new Monsters and Hunters and have map packs and modes given to everyone for free.

From looking at this chart, tbh, it looks like all they did wrong was announce their DLC plan in advance. As it's been shown in the past couple of years, people are more than willing to pay for "season passes" for games without barely a single screenshot on the content they're pre-purchasing. If Evolve went that route instead then I'm sure no one would have raised an eyebrow.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

@cyloninside said:

@airshocker said:

@cyloninside said:

yeah, i want no part in your "twisting the knife" airshocker. that is something you can do all on your own, behind closed doors, with your katy perry pictures or whatever.

Trolllololol. All day every day, amirite?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
@bonafidetk said:

@airshocker said:

I found the Evolve graph that someone made that outlines what is currently available.

From looking at this chart, tbh, it looks like all they did wrong was announce their DLC plan in advance. As it's been shown in the past couple of years, people are more than willing to pay for "season passes" for games without barely a single screenshot on the content they're pre-purchasing. If Evolve went that route instead then I'm sure no one would have raised an eyebrow.

I agree. I think people are letting the fact that they announced preorder bonuses before the game even had screenshots color their judgment on this game. Looking at the DLC on this graph it doesn't look unreasonable, or any different from any other game. In fact I think TRS deserves a little bit of credit for not having day one DLC.

cyloninside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 cyloninside

@airshocker said:

@cyloninside said:

@airshocker said:

@cyloninside said:

Trolllololol. All day every day, amirite?

just for assholes like you. you are a special class of fuckhead that deserves it.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

@cyloninside said:

@airshocker said:

@cyloninside said:

@airshocker said:

@cyloninside said:

You two still going at it? It's been like days lol.....

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

@cyloninside said:

just for assholes like you. you are a special class of fuckhead that deserves it.

Thanks baby, I appreciate that.

cyloninside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 cyloninside

@FelipeInside said:

@cyloninside said:

@airshocker said:

@cyloninside said:

@airshocker said:

@cyloninside said:

You two still going at it? It's been like days lol.....

sorry, cant back down from assholes... otherwise they think they got away with something and will continue. best way to counter airshocker is to just show that you are unphased by his bullshit.

bonafidetk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By bonafidetk
Member since 2004 • 3911 Posts

@cyloninside: You must be new to the internet. Trolls get their jollies off having pointless forum arguments. The best (worst for them) thing you can do to them is ignore them.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

@bonafidetk said:

@cyloninside: You must be new to the internet. Trolls get their jollies off having pointless forum arguments. The best (worst for them) thing you can do to them is ignore them.

If you're seriously suggesting I'm the troll here and not cyloninside you need to read over the exchange.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
@cyloninside said:

sorry, cant back down from assholes... otherwise they think they got away with something and will continue. best way to counter airshocker is to just show that you are unphased by his bullshit.

The only true asshole here is yourself, because you keep talking out of it. Of course I'm going to continue showing that you're wrong whenever I get a chance to. You can keep responding with your typical trolllololol nonsense but that doesn't change the fact that you're a coward who can't even back up his remarks when called on to do so. That makes you fake. And I'm more than happy to keep pointing that out.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

@jimmy_russell said:

@airshocker: You're taking this discussion too seriously. You come across as a fanboy or a shill for 2K games but I wouldn't label you as such without proof, just sayin'. DLC is cancer in my opinion, you can't tell me I'm wrong either because it's not just my subjective opinion, I objectively won't buy a game that comes out to peddle me DLC and microtransactions. If the game is free to play however, cosmetic microtransactions can be used reasonably to offset the cost of operating the game, as long as it isn't Pay 2 Win.

To see a game with a $60 price tag, then another $40 for the DLC, it's like they are trying to charge me twice for the same game by ripping pieces out of it and selling them seperately. Every fanboy will argue that is not the fact, that they simply made the DLC later on and couldn't add it to the game because of time limitations or increased costs. This is bullcrap, games have always been shipped 100% complete and ready to play without updates or DLC required. This is a trend in the gaming industry that started many years ago and it seriously needs to die. It's not doing you or me any favors to be nickel and dimed by our video games.

No, I'm not. I'm holding people accountable for the words they type. If @cyloninside wants to call me a hypocrite without providing any proof as to my hypocrisy when I asked him to, I will hold him accountable for that.

I am not a fanboy or a shill. I simply don't see anything wrong with the DLC they have decided to sell.

That is your subjective opinion because not everybody believes the same way that you do.

Except none of the DLC is available day one. So no, they aren't trying to charge you twice for the same game by ripping pieces out of it. If you don't see value in 12 different hunters, three different monsters, 16 different maps and multiple modes, that's your prerogative. I think that's worth $60.

cyloninside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 cyloninside

@airshocker said:

@bonafidetk said:

If you're seriously suggesting I'm the troll here and not cyloninside you need to read over the exchange.

lol... oh my. airshocker is scared he just got found out.

Renevent42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 Renevent42
Member since 2010 • 6654 Posts

Airshocker actually has been the most reasonable and level headed in the discussion, though I don't exactly agree with him. While I don't think they are doing something that crazy the game is too expensive in my view and I am not really interested. Cyloninside on the other hand sounds like a raging lunatic.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

@cyloninside said:

I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt that he didn't actually see the nonsense you've been posting the past few pages. And if he still thinks I'm a troll, well just like with your opinion, his holds little to no value to me.

-wildflower-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By -wildflower-
Member since 2003 • 2997 Posts

@airshocker said:

.... buying a $14.99 DLC that adds a brand new monster (in Evolve's case) can certainly be considered an expansion pack. A new Monster EXPANDS on the gameplay of Evolve. If that isn't the very definition of an Expansion pack, I don't know what is.

I can imagine the furor if the expansion packs of old contained, GASP, a whole new monster: "Coming soon, Baldur's Gate 2: Throne of Bhaal, featuring a brand new monster. Oh, and be thankful were "growing" our game you entitled bastards!"

I guess we have the console generation to thank for setting the bar so incredibly these days.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

@-wildflower- said:

@airshocker said:

.... buying a $14.99 DLC that adds a brand new monster (in Evolve's case) can certainly be considered an expansion pack. A new Monster EXPANDS on the gameplay of Evolve. If that isn't the very definition of an Expansion pack, I don't know what is.

I can imagine the furor if the expansion packs of old contained, GASP, a whole new monster: "Coming soon, Baldur's Gate 2: Throne of Baal, featuring a brand new monster. Oh, and be thankful were "growing" our game you entitled bastards!"

I guess we have the console generation to thank for setting the bar so incredibly these days.

You're comparing apples and oranges and you know it. For a game like Evolve, putting a new Monster in the game can certainly be considered an expansion pack.

-wildflower-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 -wildflower-

@airshocker said:

@-wildflower- said:

@airshocker said:

I can imagine the furor if the expansion packs of old contained, GASP, a whole new monster: "Coming soon, Baldur's Gate 2: Throne of Baal, featuring a brand new monster. Oh, and be thankful were "growing" our game you entitled bastards!"

You're comparing apples and oranges and you know it. For a game like Evolve, putting a new Monster in the game can certainly be considered an expansion pack.

Yes, I most certainly am comparing "apples to oranges" because I am comparing expansion packs to DLC.

They are not the same thing regardless of the game, genre, semantics, and/or sophistry. Quake 2 was a a multi-player focused game, too, and people would have burned ID to the ground if they had tried to release a single monster, character, or weapon and called it and "expansion pack."

Renevent42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By Renevent42

DLC is essentially what expansion packs have evolved into. The reason why expansion packs were more comprehensive is there wasn't digital distribution so you couldn't release stuff as fast. Not that I completely disagree with you...the ability to offer content faster has also had some negative side effects, like over priced/piecemeal/etc DLC that doesn't offer much value.

I actually preferred "expansion pack" type content (ie more comprehensive), however, I think painting all DLC the same and pretending DLC can't be equivalent to expansion packs isn't true either. Take Borderlands 2 for instance, yes there was a lot of baloney DLC but stuff like Assualt on Dragon's Keep is an excellent, meaty addition that is fairly equivalent to what an expansion used to be.

All DLC really means is downloadable content, it's simply these days developers have faster channels to provide more/quicker content and consumers have more options in what they can buy for their games.

I personally don't buy DLC that is just $0.99 skins or stuff like that...but meaty additions that add tons of content? Sure, why not?

cyloninside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 cyloninside

@airshocker said:

@cyloninside said:

I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt that he didn't actually see the nonsense you've been posting the past few pages. And if he still thinks I'm a troll, well just like with your opinion, his holds little to no value to me.

Airshocker- "AGREE WITH ME OR YOU DONT MATTER!"

sure sounds like troll logic to me.

-wildflower-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By -wildflower-

@Renevent42 said:

DLC is essentially what expansion packs have evolved into. The reason why expansion packs were more comprehensive is there wasn't digital distribution so you couldn't release stuff as fast. Not that I completely disagree with you...the ability to offer content faster has also had some negative side effects, like over priced/piecemeal/etc DLC that doesn't offer much value.

I actually preferred "expansion pack" type content (ie more comprehensive), however, I think painting all DLC the same and pretending DLC can't be equivalent to expansion packs isn't true either. Take Borderlands 2 for instance, yes there was a lot of baloney DLC but stuff like Assualt on Dragon's Keep is an excellent, meaty addition that is fairly equivalent to what an expansion used to be.

All DLC really means is downloadable content, it's simply these days developers have faster channels to provide more/quicker content and consumers have more options in what they can buy for their games.

I personally don't buy DLC that is just $0.99 skins or stuff like that...but meaty additions that add tons of content? Sure, why not?

All of the DLC for Borderlands 2 combined would probably equal the content of what a typical expansion pack once was.

I have bought DLC for one game, Fallout New Vegas, BUT (big but) I waited for them to come way down in price. As good and as "meaty" as those DLC packs were, they weren't worth $20 each, or, to put it another way, all 3 packs combined did not contain, for the same price ($60), the same amount of content as the original campaign. With that said, I would have gladly paid $30 (the standard expansion cost) to have all 3 bundled together as an expansion pack.

If these companies want to charge 1/3 the cost of their original game for DLC - it had better have 1/3 of the content, too. I simply don't see adding a single monster for $15 as being worth 1/4 the cost of the original game (assuming Evolve is $60). Seems greedy to me.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

@-wildflower- said:

@airshocker said:

@-wildflower- said:

@airshocker said:

Yes, I most certainly am comparing "apples to oranges" because I am comparing expansion packs to DLC.

They are not the same thing regardless of the game, genre, semantics, and/or sophistry. Quake 2 was a a multi-player focused game, too, and people would have burned ID to the ground if they had tried to release a single monster, character, or weapon and called it and "expansion pack."

No, you're comparing two different types of games when there is no comparison. To a game like Evolve, a single monster is most certainly an expansion pack.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
@cyloninside said:

@airshocker said:

@cyloninside said:

Airshocker- "AGREE WITH ME OR YOU DONT MATTER!"

sure sounds like troll logic to me.

Sounds like pretty good logic to me since you are, in this case, wrong.

It's kind of the same thing with Holocaust deniers. Just because you degenerates may be backing each other up doesn't change the fact that you're both wrong.

Renevent42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By Renevent42

@-wildflower- said:

@Renevent42 said:

All of the DLC for Borderlands 2 combined would probably equal the content of what a typical expansion pack once was.

I have bought DLC for one game, Fallout New Vegas, BUT (big but) I waited for them to come way down in price. As good and as "meaty" as those DLC packs were, they weren't worth $20 each, or, to put it another way, all 3 packs combined did not contain, for the same price ($60), the same amount of content as the original campaign. With that said, I would have gladly paid $30 (the standard expansion cost) to have all 3 bundled together as an expansion pack.

If these companies want to charge 1/3 the cost of their original game for DLC - it had better have 1/3 of the content, too. I simply don't see adding a single monster for $15 as being worth 1/4 the cost of the original game (assuming Evolve is $60). Seems greedy to me.

I don't think that's the case honestly, and even if it were it was also priced far cheaper (like 3-4 times less) than typical expansion packs. Tiny Tina's was priced at $10 whereas most expansions back in the day were $30 or $40. That's a damn good value. I'd argue some DLC's are just as large traditional expansion packs. Fallout's, since you brought it up, were pretty damn big.

mep69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By mep69
Member since 2008 • 1926 Posts

Boycott DLC. Buy games when they are complete.