does pc game support achivements/trophies like console??

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SumberTerang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SumberTerang
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts

i got some money saved up to upgrade my pc hardware this year,(havent upgrade anything at all since 2 years ago).. all this time i use ps3 to play new/recent games. i go to local computer store and saw someone play skyrim on ultra setting and i asked him that the whole pc only cost a little bit over 1,000$(if i use US currency,i live in asia)

i could afford it if i want, but id invest quite a time into collecting trophies this past year. i grown attach to it. the only thing hold me back into completely move into pc. these trophies motivate me a bit to play a game that hasnt finished yet or a game that has been sitting on a desk getting all dusty because i had a bad first impression...

trophies makes me feels all that time i spend playing does not just lost, but left something to remember....

Avatar image for theshadowhunter
theshadowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 theshadowhunter
Member since 2004 • 2956 Posts

PC has GFWL, and Steam and they both have achievements.

Shadowhawk000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Shadowhawk000
Member since 2007 • 3453 Posts
Most Steam games have achievements.
SumberTerang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 SumberTerang
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts

theshadowhunter

i still dont get what u meant, is the achivement available if buy the game title from live or steam?? or the achivement available via retail version but the achivements can be store in steam account or gfwl??

so is steam like psn and xbl??

Miroku32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#5 Miroku32
Member since 2006 • 8666 Posts
Yes, Steam is like PSN and XBL. You can get achievements but unlike PSN there isn't an achievement level. I don't know about XBL or GFWL.
NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11797 Posts

[QUOTE="theshadowhunter"]

SumberTerang

i still dont get what u meant, is the achivement available if buy the game title from live or steam?? or the achivement available via retail version but the achivements can be store in steam account or gfwl??

Yes you'll get the achievements if you buy the game of steam or XBL and some games use either as DRM to so you'll be getting it if its a steam works or GFWL title

tanerb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 tanerb
Member since 2003 • 1300 Posts

actualy that illusion is what makesconsole producers get away with their crappy 6 year old hardware. trophies are nothing, freedom is everything. And PC gives you the freedom and the best experience.

cyanblues

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 cyanblues
Member since 2004 • 312 Posts

actualy that illusion is what makesconsole producers get away with their crappy 6 year old hardware. trophies are nothing, freedom is everything. And PC gives you the freedom and the best experience.

tanerb

Exactly some trohpies/achievement are as simple as, open door for first level, yay you get 500 points, seriously wth? Don't know why some people care for them as some of them, theres no way you can NOT get them. I can understand the harder ones like say 20 headshots in a row, but the retarded ones like, open door to first stage get 500 points are just stupid.

ionusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#9 ionusX
Member since 2009 • 25777 Posts

[QUOTE="theshadowhunter"]

SumberTerang

basically if a retail game is tied to gfwl or steam achievements are expected but not guaranteed, games you buy through those systems WILL have achievements.

cain006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#10 cain006
Member since 2008 • 8625 Posts

Only a few games have achivements and they don't count them all up like in xbox live, not sure how trophies work.

GFWL has achivements, but it's only on games that require GFWL and that's not too many games.