Does Everybody Hates Treyarch ?

• 53 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

NoctisCaelum52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 NoctisCaelum52
Member since 2009 • 1359 Posts

In Defense Of Treyarch

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#3 dakan45
Member since 2009 • 18819 Posts
Meh, IW cod games> Treyarch cod games. Not that they suck, but not nearly as good.
artiedeadat40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 artiedeadat40
Member since 2007 • 1695 Posts

Not anymore, I'm sure that the next Treyarch game will have dedicated servers.

Frenzyd109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#5 Frenzyd109
Member since 2007 • 2276 Posts
they're just an average game developer, no one hates them... i think
F1_2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 F1_2004
Member since 2003 • 8009 Posts
The first few paragraphs in the article mention Spider-Man 2 as "still considered by many to be the best movie-tie in game". lol :| Then it pretty much says that WaW was good, despite everyone saying it's not. OK if you say so mate. And then, "they're awesome"? Sounds like a fanboy blog tbh.
OoSuperMarioO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 OoSuperMarioO
Member since 2005 • 6539 Posts

In Defense Of Treyarch

"Treyarch made the Spider-Man games"

NoctisCaelum52

lol... What is that suppose to even mean?

badtaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 badtaker
Member since 2009 • 3806 Posts

Not anymore, I'm sure that the next Treyarch game will have dedicated servers.

artiedeadat40
What if Treyarch next COD did not have dedicated servers.:P
capthavic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#9 capthavic
Member since 2003 • 6478 Posts

well hearing that they're the dev doesn't exactly fill me with confidence thats for sure

quijeros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 quijeros
Member since 2008 • 1728 Posts

I don't hate them. Even though I didn't play Call of Duty 3, I thought that World at War was pretty good.

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 dakan45
[QUOTE="F1_2004"]The first few paragraphs in the article mention Spider-Man 2 as "still considered by many to be the best movie-tie in game". lol :| Then it pretty much says that WaW was good, despite everyone saying it's not. OK if you say so mate. And then, "they're awesome"? Sounds like a fanboy blog tbh.

Well that blog does not provide with any explanation that makes sense on why treyarch is that great.
Baranga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Baranga
Member since 2005 • 14217 Posts

Then it pretty much says that WaW was good, despite everyone saying it's not. F1_2004

If by everybody you mean the vocal minority that praised IW before Modern Warfare 2, then yes.

A comment from that site I agree with:

Too many idiots forever labeled them as crap for COD3, a POS they only had 8 months to make.

All these idiot haters would've loved WAW if it said IW on the box instead of Treyarch.

thusaha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 thusaha
Member since 2007 • 14495 Posts
Gray Matter, before merged into Treyarch, made CoD: UO so I don't hate them.
-clippa-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 -clippa-
Member since 2008 • 596 Posts

Since modern warfare 2, no. They are our only hope :D

Avatar image for RichardStallman
RichardStallman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 RichardStallman
Member since 2009 • 1233 Posts
No, they're better than Infinity Ward now, WaW was superior to both COD4 and MW2.
linkthewindow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#16 linkthewindow
Member since 2005 • 5654 Posts
WAW was only slightly worse the MW, and is overall better then MW2. Never played CoD3. If their next game has dedicated servers, it will be win (and I love the idea of a cold war setting.)
warmaster670

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 warmaster670
Member since 2004 • 4699 Posts

The first few paragraphs in the article mention Spider-Man 2 as "still considered by many to be the best movie-tie in game". lol :| Then it pretty much says that WaW was good, despite everyone saying it's not. OK if you say so mate. And then, "they're awesome"? Sounds like a fanboy blog tbh.F1_2004

Everyone says there not? is that why WaW got such good scores?

Meh, IW cod games> Treyarch cod games. Not that they suck, but not nearly as good.dakan45

Trey>>IW, at least treys willing to try new stuff, co-op, zombies, something thats not just russia/britain/US.

the_mitch28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 the_mitch28
Member since 2005 • 4684 Posts

I love WaW and I never played CoD3, but fair effort if they only had 8 months.

Aslyum_Beast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Aslyum_Beast
Member since 2008 • 975 Posts

Never played WaW, but i did play COD3..... and omg, it was the worst ride i ever rode on. idc if MW2 doesn't have Dedicated servers, there is atleast something working there. IW>>>Treyarch according to me.

skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts
They are far from bad. But far from great. They are a good developer, decent, though the games of recent that they have put out are uninspiring.
Avatar image for deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
deactivated-5ac102a4472fe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21 deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
Member since 2007 • 7431 Posts

Naa, they are an average dev, who got the unlucky task of standing in for IW every other year... I think WaW is better then the MW games, (they are pretty identical) but WaW has zombies :D

Avatar image for spiderman120988
spiderman120988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

#22 spiderman120988
Member since 2005 • 1421 Posts
I've always liked Treyarch. I enjoyed their Spider-Man games and WaW was a great game despite its somewhat tired setting. Don't know why they always get the short end of the stick.
dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 dakan45
No, they're better than Infinity Ward now, WaW was superior to both COD4 and MW2.RichardStallman
I painfully dissagree, IW add ip some detail in ther games, WAW and cod3 lack that detail...perhaps if they took more time in development, things will be diffirent!!!
dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 dakan45

Trey>>IW, at least treys willing to try new stuff, co-op, zombies, something thats not just russia/britain/US.warmaster670

Just because they add a zombie level and dlcs that makes them better than IW? :D

Please, atleast IW took the game to modern era and did not make another WW2 game, see how your logic backfired?

Also IW>>>>>>>>Treyarch. IW adds more detail to their games. Most weapons in cod WAW had almost identical handlings, especially the pistols were like toys.

blade55555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 blade55555
Member since 2005 • 1116 Posts

[QUOTE="warmaster670"]Trey>>IW, at least treys willing to try new stuff, co-op, zombies, something thats not just russia/britain/US.dakan45

Just because they add a zombie level and dlcs that makes them better than IW? :D

Please, atleast IW took the game to modern era and did not make another WW2 game, see how your logic backfired?

Also IW>>>>>>>>Treyarch. IW adds more detail to their games. Most weapons in cod WAW had almost identical handlings, especially the pistols were like toys.

Your such an IW fanboy. Tryarch WaW was better then mw2 just because they added more multiplayer features and what not unlike IW. Cod 4 > WaW > Mw2. Mw2 added like nothing new except "co-op" mode.
dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 dakan45

[QUOTE="dakan45"]

[QUOTE="warmaster670"]Trey>>IW, at least treys willing to try new stuff, co-op, zombies, something thats not just russia/britain/US.blade55555

Your such an IW fanboy. Tryarch WaW was better then mw2 just because they added more multiplayer features and what not unlike IW. Cod 4 > WaW > Mw2. Mw2 added like nothing new except "co-op" mode.

Fanboy? Not at all.

I dont care about dedicated serves if the mp is crap ;)

Also MW2>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>WAW both singleplayer and multiplayer was better.

Lets see with whcih multiplayer i have more fun? MW2 which has more detail mw2 which has better mp? MW2 I have more fun with mw2 than waw, you dont have any valid claims to prove that waw is better than mw2.

Also waw was made before mw2 anounced that it wont have dedicated servers;).

Also more and more games lack dedicated servers nowadays. I wond be suprised if treyarch makes a game with no dedicated servers.

But again, mw2 had so much stuff in it, i found waw pretty meh in every way. So without further delay, legitimately MW2>>>WAW Only good thing about waw was the zombies and that is all there is to it!!

NoctisCaelum52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 NoctisCaelum52

[QUOTE="RichardStallman"]No, they're better than Infinity Ward now, WaW was superior to both COD4 and MW2.dakan45
I painfully dissagree, IW add ip some detail in ther games, WAW and cod3 lack that detail...perhaps if they took more time in development, things will be diffirent!!!

Like the article says, " Activision treats them like the end of their rear. " Treyarch's Games could've been better if only Activision treats them like how they treat IW.

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 dakan45

[QUOTE="dakan45"][QUOTE="RichardStallman"]No, they're better than Infinity Ward now, WaW was superior to both COD4 and MW2.NoctisCaelum52

Like the article says, " Activision treats them like the end of their rear. " Treyarch's Games could've been better if only Activision treats them like how they treat IW.

True, also if they gave them some time to make their games,but thing is that still they are not as good a IW. But maybe thats gonna change now that Activision hires a third studio to make cod games.
NoctisCaelum52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 NoctisCaelum52
[QUOTE="NoctisCaelum52"]

[QUOTE="dakan45"] I painfully dissagree, IW add ip some detail in ther games, WAW and cod3 lack that detail...perhaps if they took more time in development, things will be diffirent!!!dakan45

True, also if they gave them some time to make their games,but thing is that still they are not as good a IW. But maybe thats gonna change now that Activision hires a third studio to make cod games.

Third Studio ? Who ?
dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 dakan45

[QUOTE="dakan45"][QUOTE="NoctisCaelum52"]

NoctisCaelum52

Third Studio ? Who ?

http://www.firingsquad.com/news/newsarticle.asp?searchid=22327

http://gamerblips.dailyradar.com/article/new-activision-studio-has-a-name-sledgehammer-games/

NoctisCaelum52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 NoctisCaelum52

[QUOTE="NoctisCaelum52"][QUOTE="dakan45"] True, also if they gave them some time to make their games,but thing is that still they are not as good a IW. But maybe thats gonna change now that Activision hires a third studio to make cod games.dakan45

Third Studio ? Who ?

http://www.firingsquad.com/news/newsarticle.asp?searchid=22327

http://gamerblips.dailyradar.com/article/new-activision-studio-has-a-name-sledgehammer-games/

Seems like Activision's going to make Call of Duty a LONG series.
dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 dakan45
If you did not got tired already, then i suggest to keep your distance from them because they will hire more and more devs to make 1 cod game every year :lol: I only want a mw3 that will show a more futuristic warfare than mw2, and after that i am done with the series, since the trilogy will be completed.
NoctisCaelum52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 NoctisCaelum52

Soon I will make my own Gaming Company and crush Activision once and for all. JK :)

mo0ksi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#34 mo0ksi
Member since 2007 • 12337 Posts
I liked World at War so I don't hate them. Hell, if their next CoD outing will have DS then I might like them more than IW :P
dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 dakan45

Soon I will make my own Gaming Company and crush Activision once and for all. JK :)

NoctisCaelum52

How you gonna do that? Are you gonna make COD games? :D because thats the only reason to do it since people dont seem to care for amazing graphics or nonlinear gamepaly and such.

Avatar image for UnknownSniper65
UnknownSniper65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 UnknownSniper65
Member since 2004 • 9238 Posts

Treyarch did a much better job of supporting the PC version of COD:WAW than IW did on both Modern Warfare games...

NoctisCaelum52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 NoctisCaelum52

[QUOTE="NoctisCaelum52"]

dakan45

How you gonna do that? Are you gonna make COD games? :D because thats the only reason to do it since people dont seem to care for amazing graphics or nonlinear gamepaly and such.

I'm not gonna make any COD Games.. But I'm gonna make the GREATEST FPS Game The World Has Ever Known.
darkmoney52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 darkmoney52
Member since 2004 • 4332 Posts

Personally I like Treyarch a more than Infinity Ward. They kinda suck when it comes to multiplayer, but I'm not a fan of the versus modes in either game, and I had way more fun in the WaW campaign.

ProjectPat187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 ProjectPat187
Member since 2005 • 2178 Posts
I wont hate Treyarch as long as they make sure the next COD installment has dedicated servers
dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 dakan45

[QUOTE="dakan45"]

[QUOTE="NoctisCaelum52"]

NoctisCaelum52

I'm not gonna make any COD Games.. But I'm gonna make the GREATEST FPS Game The World Has Ever Known.

If you are reffering to "the best fps ever", well too late Ea is working on that!!:D

So according to them Moh Afghanistan will be the best fps ever.

I think its safe to say that it will be a modern warfare clone with more stuff or its just "EA Challenge everything!!" all over again.

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 dakan45

Personally I like Treyarch a more than Infinity Ward. They kinda suck when it comes to multiplayer, but I'm not a fan of the versus modes in either game, and I had way more fun in the WaW campaign.

darkmoney52
Really? Singleplayer was the main reason i did not like waw, compaign felt too weak, especially in story and it had way more respawning enemies than cod4. There were times in the US compaign that i just sit therea and kill the millions of respawning enemies with my 32. machingeun waiting till they stop spawning so i can advance. Apart from that the weapons had very cheap and silimar sounds and were way too accurate, just if the developers did not care to make diffirent stats for the weapons and add recoil like cod2, and thats why i dont respect Treyarch as much as IW!!!
darkmoney52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 darkmoney52
[QUOTE="darkmoney52"]

dakan45
Really? Singleplayer was the main reason i did not like waw, compaign felt too weak, especially in story and it had way more respawning enemies than cod4. There were times in the US compaign that i just sit therea and kill the millions of respawning enemies with my 32. machingeun waiting till they stop spawning so i can advance. Apart from that the weapons had very cheap and silimar sounds and were way too accurate, just if the developers did not care to make diffirent stats for the weapons and add recoil like cod2, and thats why i dont respect Treyarch as much as IW!!!

To be honest, I'm just not a fan of the modern military stories, it all feels too Tom Clancy-ish for my tastes. That, and I'm easily won over by gore when it comes to shooters. Chasing down germans with an LMG was much more exciting for me than anything in the MW games.
PTMags

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 PTMags
Member since 2006 • 783 Posts

I thought WAW was fine, the sp and mp are comparable to cod4. The only downside is the WW2 setting, it is a little played out.

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 dakan45

[QUOTE="dakan45"][QUOTE="darkmoney52"]

darkmoney52

Really? Singleplayer was the main reason i did not like waw, compaign felt too weak, especially in story and it had way more respawning enemies than cod4. There were times in the US compaign that i just sit therea and kill the millions of respawning enemies with my 32. machingeun waiting till they stop spawning so i can advance.. Apart from that the weapons had very cheap and silimar sounds and were way too accurate, just if the developers did not care to make diffirent stats for the weapons and add recoil like cod2, and thats why i dont respect Treyarch as much as IW!!!

To be honest, I'm just not a fan of the modern military stories, it all feels too Tom Clancy-ish for my tastes. That, and I'm easily won over by gore when it comes to shooters. Chasing down germans with an LMG was much more exciting for me than anything in the MW games.

Well i am more fan of modern than ww2, i am a fan of gore but the weapons felt like BB guns and not like ww2 weapons like cod2 for example, it felt like a mod too me

darkmoney52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 darkmoney52

[QUOTE="darkmoney52"][QUOTE="dakan45"] Really? Singleplayer was the main reason i did not like waw, compaign felt too weak, especially in story and it had way more respawning enemies than cod4. There were times in the US compaign that i just sit therea and kill the millions of respawning enemies with my 32. machingeun waiting till they stop spawning so i can advance.. Apart from that the weapons had very cheap and silimar sounds and were way too accurate, just if the developers did not care to make diffirent stats for the weapons and add recoil like cod2, and thats why i dont respect Treyarch as much as IW!!!dakan45

Well i am more fan of modern than ww2, i am a fan of gore but the weapons felt like BB guns and not like ww2 weapons like cod2 for example, it felt like a mod too me

I could see that. But I've never really thought of the CoD series as the place to go for loud powerful weapons, and I think the series is a little lacking in that respect regardless of the developer. Compare the guns in MW to Rainbow 6 for example.
RobertBowen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#46 RobertBowen
Member since 2003 • 4094 Posts

I don't hate Treyarch. I quite like their games.

nimatoad2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#47 nimatoad2000
Member since 2004 • 7505 Posts
cod world at war was bttr than cod 4 because of bigger maps and imo more attention to detail in the maps, there was also more cover and because of the bigger maps, there was less choke points that snipers / mg's could camp and control a map. cod 3 might have been bad, but world at war is bttr or just as good as cod4, and definately bttr than mod wf2 because of ded servers alone.
dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 dakan45
[QUOTE="dakan45"]

[QUOTE="darkmoney52"] To be honest, I'm just not a fan of the modern military stories, it all feels too Tom Clancy-ish for my tastes. That, and I'm easily won over by gore when it comes to shooters. Chasing down germans with an LMG was much more exciting for me than anything in the MW games.darkmoney52

I could see that. But I've never really thought of the CoD series as the place to go for loud powerful weapons, and I think the series is a little lacking in that respect regardless of the developer. Compare the guns in MW to Rainbow 6 for example.

Well, cod4 weapons felt more "diffirent" one from each other, atleast compared to rainbow six vegas 2 which was more or less the same for most weapons.
andalore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 andalore
Member since 2007 • 2644 Posts

I dont see why Trayarch are bad at all, I liked WAW and also Spiderman 2 I loved the fact that all but one (WAW's Barrett) were Bolt Action and that you had to earn your scope, not to mention they made Die By the Sword which now that I look back seems remarckably like a Wii game. Most people I know say that WAW was a letdown to the COD games but personally i think that MW2 was a huge Letdown.

sammysalsa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 sammysalsa
Member since 2004 • 1832 Posts

I actually think treyarch made a few small improvements with WaW. For one thing they added gore so it didn't feel as much like a shooting gallery and i think maybe some better geometry and textures on the PC version. Cinematics and level design were still pretty bland though.