Does any one else think World in Conflct is one of the worst RTS??

• 65 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

xmen1414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 xmen1414
Member since 2006 • 1948 Posts

I mean yea it has great x10 graphics and every thing but the game play is so boring. I mean no skirmish mode. EXTREMELY SHORT single player game. Made for online but they are like 40min matches and by the time you have enough money or something to get the nuke the game is over. Actually the game is 15min over by the time the nuke is ready. You can never play as Russia in the SP game and barley ever as NATO!

The game is a pore excuse for a RTS. I mean in this game why would you have to pay for a tank???? I mean you are fighting a battle you wouldn't pay for a tank! Also why would they send you into battle with only 5 tanks??? I mean you would have like 30 with infantry and HELOS.You would also never have to pay for napalm or a carpet bombing.

The only thing i liked about the game is the destructible environment. I want my money back Sierra!

crazyfist36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 crazyfist36
Member since 2003 • 574 Posts
well i for one thought it was a good idea not to have a tank rush or helo rush. Adds some strategic depth to the options at hand and conservation of my forces. i didnt play the multiplayer much. i though the single player was extremely short as well and would have loved a longer and more difficult campaign. AI was almost non existant. enemies follow the same path and spawn in the same positions. zero tactics. But screw all that i loved the game.beuatiful explosions and graphics all around.great attention to detail. also i think there is a way to get single player skirmish.btw wht dop u mean "pay" for tank or carpet bombing. Last i checked all those things cost resources in a real war as well. I dont know any RTS where you dont have to pay through your resources to produce stuff. Or are you tlaking about the multiplayer?
BlackAlpha666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 BlackAlpha666
Member since 2005 • 2614 Posts

All RTS games are stupid. Why do you have to pay for anything? You are the freaking General!

All RPG games are stupid too. Why the hell do I have to pay this guy money? I just want to break his neck and take everything from his store!

All FPS games are stupid too. Why the **** do I have to save the world? I just want to hide in that abandoned building over there!

biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#4 biggest_loser
Member since 2007 • 24508 Posts

All RTS games are stupid. Why do you have to pay for anything? You are the freaking General!

All RPG games are stupid too. Why the hell do I have to pay this guy money? I just want to break his neck and take everything from his store!

All FPS games are stupid too. Why the **** do I have to save the world? I just want to hide in that abandoned building over there!

BlackAlpha666

What genre do you play?

xmen1414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 xmen1414
[QUOTE="BlackAlpha666"]

biggest_loser

What genre do you play?

I can tell right now he is a RPG dude. But same thing goes for thoes games, why do you have to save the world/town? Why can't i just chop his head off and take his stuff. Why does it take 100 hits to kill him, how can i stop time to heal???

well i for one thought it was a good idea not to have a tank rush or helo rush. Adds some strategic depth to the options at hand and conservation of my forces. i didnt play the multiplayer much. i though the single player was extremely short as well and would have loved a longer and more difficult campaign. AI was almost non existant. enemies follow the same path and spawn in the same positions. zero tactics. But screw all that i loved the game.beuatiful explosions and graphics all around.great attention to detail. also i think there is a way to get single player skirmish.btw wht dop u mean "pay" for tank or carpet bombing. Last i checked all those things cost resources in a real war as well. I dont know any RTS where you dont have to pay through your resources to produce stuff. Or are you tlaking about the multiplayer?crazyfist36

Their is no stratgy i forgot to say that. But you are in a battle not build a base like in C&C. All you have to do in a battle is call up and say i want some bombs or tanks. In C&C you have to build a base get money, and build an army.

Rattlesnake_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#7 Rattlesnake_8
Member since 2004 • 18452 Posts
WiC had an awesome single player campaign.. the skirmish was a huge dissapointment for me. I'll definatly be sticking with COH, but i did really enjoy the WiC campaign.
Avatar image for Mapleleafs4life
Mapleleafs4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Mapleleafs4life
Member since 2006 • 524 Posts
world in conflict focuses more on strategy, placement, and conservation rather than games like c&c where its about building an army and spamming units. I only got to plya thorugh single player sincew I lost my cd key but from what I played, the game was absoutley fantastic. One of the better rts games ive plyaed in the past years
xmen1414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 xmen1414

world in conflict focuses more on strategy, placement, and conservation rather than games like c&c where its about building an army and spamming units. I only got to plya thorugh single player sincew I lost my cd key but from what I played, the game was absoutley fantastic. One of the better rts games ive plyaed in the past yearsMapleleafs4life

There is no strategy in it, i mean you get a unit 2 min after you call for it and if you lose it and run out of money you lose the mission. No for a game like this it should have like 50 tanks on call for free or just give them to you and to a actuall battle

Rattlesnake_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#10 Rattlesnake_8
Member since 2004 • 18452 Posts
The fact he says "short single player" and "no skirmish" shows he hasn't played the game at all. The single player campaign is awesome. You can play skirmish by going into multiplayer and setting up a skirmish game from there.
Buffalo_Soulja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Buffalo_Soulja
Member since 2004 • 13151 Posts
That's a big call. I really don't like WiC, but there are plenty of people who do.
BlackAlpha666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 BlackAlpha666
Member since 2005 • 2614 Posts

[QUOTE="Mapleleafs4life"]world in conflict focuses more on strategy, placement, and conservation rather than games like c&c where its about building an army and spamming units. I only got to plya thorugh single player sincew I lost my cd key but from what I played, the game was absoutley fantastic. One of the better rts games ive plyaed in the past yearsxmen1414

There is no strategy in it, i mean you get a unit 2 min after you call for it and if you lose it and run out of money you lose the mission. No for a game like this it should have like 50 tanks on call for free or just give them to you and to a actuall battle

That's exactly what this game is about. It's not about strategy, at all. It's just about the battles, the tactics. The game has a heavy focus on tactics. Sending in additional units is expensive so it's all about trying to keep your current units alive. So if you lose all your money and then lose your units, that means your opponent was smarter and better then you. So yes, you lose at that point.

That's what this game is all about. It might not be the most realistic way to handle the military, but what game is realistic? None of them are! It's all about balance and fun. You don't like the way this game works? Well, too bad, many people do like it. So it's definately not one of the worst RTS games.

You want a more realistic game where you can send in whatever number/type of units you want? Where's the limit? Or do you just want to nuke all your opponents as soon as the game starts? Yeah, that would be fun... Ugh

xmen1414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 xmen1414

[QUOTE="xmen1414"]

[QUOTE="Mapleleafs4life"]world in conflict focuses more on strategy, placement, and conservation rather than games like c&c where its about building an army and spamming units. I only got to plya thorugh single player sincew I lost my cd key but from what I played, the game was absoutley fantastic. One of the better rts games ive plyaed in the past yearsBlackAlpha666

That's exactly what this game is about. It's not about strategy, at all. It's just about the battles, the tactics. The game has a heavy focus on tactics. Sending in additional units is expensive so it's all about trying to keep your current units alive. So if you lose all your money and then lose your units, that means your opponent was smarter and better then you. So yes, you lose at that point.

That's what this game is all about. It might not be the most realistic way to handle the military, but what game is realistic? None of them are! It's all about balance and fun. You don't like the way this game works? Well, too bad, many people do like it. So it's definately not one of the worst RTS games.

You want a more realistic game where you can send in whatever number/type of units you want? Where's the limit? Or do you just want to nuke all your opponents as soon as the game starts? Yeah, that would be fun... Ugh

I want a realist RTS even though they will never make one becuase if you acctually use a nuke it would blow your base along with everything on the map to peices they need a RTS with extremly large maps were everything is realist, as in explsion sizes.

And there are realistic games out there , oh here is one it is call

RedOrchestra: Ostfront 41-45.

Fignewton50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Fignewton50
Member since 2003 • 3748 Posts

xmen1414

Have you even played the game? It doesn't seem like it. If you had, you know the time it takes for reinforcements to come after you call them is about 10 seconds. And what are you talking about money? There is no money in the game. Only reinforcement points and airstrike points.

It sounds like your more a fan of the "traditional" RTS with base building and massive battles. I applaud their attempt to do something different and I agree with Mapleleafs, one of the better games I've played recently. Guess you don't like new takes on an aged formula.

Avatar image for deactivated-61d84d87dcc8a
deactivated-61d84d87dcc8a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#15 deactivated-61d84d87dcc8a
Member since 2004 • 402 Posts
i haven't played it yet, but i was impressed with the Ground control series, so I m pretty sure it's not the "worst RTS".
capthavic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#16 capthavic
Member since 2003 • 6478 Posts

Of course you have to pay for tanks, carpet bombing, etc. I can't think of a single RTS that doesn't.

Really the only valid conplaint is that the SP is too short but personally I felt that it was decent enough.

wigginender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 wigginender
Member since 2003 • 644 Posts

I am playing WiC and loving every minute of it.

Go back to playing The Sims or whatever carp you think is so great...

mfsa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 mfsa
Member since 2007 • 3328 Posts
It did absolutely nothing to impress me, but I think it's unfair to say it's one of the worst RTS games. Try playing Sunage, then see how you feel about WiC.
bignice12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 bignice12
Member since 2003 • 2124 Posts
Seems like the TC completely missed the whole point of the game. Matches are 20 min long because it is made to be a fast and intense game. There is strategy to the game you just aren't good enough to realize it yet. There is a skirmish mode genius look under Multiplayer tab. You should have known before you even bought the game that you control a few units compared to many RTS out there, this is why this game relies heavily on teamwork.
--Rampage--

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 --Rampage--
Member since 2008 • 212 Posts
I've played WiC and there was nothing great about it at all. CoH is probably 20x better.
RK-Mara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#21 RK-Mara
Member since 2006 • 11489 Posts
I can see why you hate WiC: you expected Age of Empires: Modern Combat.
cr1tter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 cr1tter
Member since 2003 • 187 Posts

I love it.

WiC is a RTS game. It plays out in real time and there is strategy. (Maybe moreso tactics.) However it definitely is not a standard RTS.

I really like it because the lack of base building. It is a nice change of pace just to jump in the action.

When i feel like base building and going down tech trees I go back to CoH.

Both games have their value.

DrewTheSchu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 83

#23 DrewTheSchu
Member since 2003 • 518 Posts

There's no "strategy" behind it. You place your units in the "glowing circles" until you win that objective. Set up a drop zone close to what ever "circle" you are defending and keep throwing units into the meet grinder. I won the ENTIRE single player campaign by following this basic "strategy". It's impossible to fight a battle they way YOU want to and use your OWN strategy. Plus the map controls are just FPS craptastic.

It's not a RTS. It's the original Grand Theft Auto except with military units and better graphics.

crapdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 crapdog
Member since 2006 • 427 Posts
WiC is one of the best rts games for me and complaining about strategy in a rts is like complaining about lack of puzzles in a shooter. real strategy only works (and will probably in future) for turn based games cause u cant make so many decisions in real time
JP_Russell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 JP_Russell
Member since 2005 • 12893 Posts
There's no skirmish mode? Damn, I didn't know that. I was going to get it one day, but now I think I won't even bother with it.
GPAddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#26 GPAddict
Member since 2005 • 5964 Posts

BlackAlpha666

You are funny!

Hellhammer_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Hellhammer_2
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
I think that you are missing the entire point of the game. They tried something new and went for taking out all of the micromanaging, and I'd say they succeeded. WiC is not about slow paced massive scale matches. They gave you so little units on purpose. That prurpose is so that instead of being this almighty general, you are actually in the more realistic situation of being a smaller part of the battle. Tis encourages you to communicate with the other people on your team and coordinate strategy. I personally love this because games that force you to use teamwork go over very well with me. It gets people to socialize and is one of the reasons games like WiC and Team Fortress 2 are so fun. In addition, WiC was always about the action paced fast battles. It was never about slowly building up like in Sins of a Solar Empire. They managed to create a seamless jump in/out multiplayer experience that is very entertaining. If it isn't your cup of tea that's fine, but please keep it to yourself.
DrewTheSchu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 83

#28 DrewTheSchu
Member since 2003 • 518 Posts

WiC is one of the best rts games for me and complaining about strategy in a rts is like complaining about lack of puzzles in a shooter. real strategy only works (and will probably in future) for turn based games cause u cant make so many decisions in real timecrapdog

That's because the purpose of a shooter is to shoot and not solve puzzles maybe? RTS's are meant for strategy. Games like Company of Heroes, Sins of a Solar Empire, hell even Star Craft all require strategy and yes you can make so many decisions because of this awesome feature called the "pause" button. In 99% of RTS games, though the overall object is the exact same, how you achieve it is different every single time. In WiC, you have a pre determined route to your objective that you can not deviate from at all. It's like the entire game is a tutorial "put your troops here" "do not move your troops from this spot" "ok it's clear to move your troops over here to this spot" "leave your troops here now" "ok you just won the game all by yourself just like a big kid!!!"

Avatar image for smokeydabear076
smokeydabear076

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#29 smokeydabear076
Member since 2004 • 22109 Posts
There's no skirmish mode? Damn, I didn't know that. I was going to get it one day, but now I think I won't even bother with it.JP_Russell
Yeah that surprised me. I honestly haven't played it a whole lot since I got it for Christmas. I wouldn't call it one of the worst RTS games out there though.
WhiteWorld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#30 WhiteWorld
Member since 2004 • 326 Posts

It's a really shallow game, even the people that love it must admit that. And the only "tactics" involved in the fighting is managing your repair vehicles and selecting what units to make... and always keeping an eye on your tanks and choppers so you can repair them in time is extremely boring and frustrating but you have to do it if you want to best the best (by the way, it's very unrealistic, there are no "repair tanks" with some crane that magically repairs all damage in reality), you can't even place it on auto-repair as far as I know.

Company of Heroes has actual tactics where you construct tank traps and wires to block certain paths and mines along certain paths (you can do that in World in Conflict but the system in it is poor in my opinion because there's so much space that there aren't many bottlenecks that make mines worth it). There's also cover in CoH, the units can be upgraded, you can pin enemies, the explosions are cooler, the units just move instead of getting run over, it also has destructible environments... my point is, Company of Heroes is better than World in Conflict in every way, World in Conflict is not better at anything. Why the **** it recieved a 9.5 from GameSpot is beyond reason.

GoodkupoBan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 GoodkupoBan
Member since 2006 • 646 Posts

There's no skirmish mode? Damn, I didn't know that. I was going to get it one day, but now I think I won't even bother with it.JP_Russell

There is. Just start a lan server and play with bots.

I dont think Wic deserved a 9.5, but i still like it.

Avatar image for smokeydabear076
smokeydabear076

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 smokeydabear076
Member since 2004 • 22109 Posts

[QUOTE="JP_Russell"]There's no skirmish mode? Damn, I didn't know that. I was going to get it one day, but now I think I won't even bother with it.GoodkupoBan

I dont think Wic deserved a 9.5, but i still like it.

Hmmm... I might try that sometime.
JP_Russell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 JP_Russell
Member since 2005 • 12893 Posts

[QUOTE="JP_Russell"]There's no skirmish mode? Damn, I didn't know that. I was going to get it one day, but now I think I won't even bother with it.GoodkupoBan

Oh, good. I don't play RTS's online, and campaigns are either hit or miss, and even when they're hit they're not enough. I've gotta have the skirmish mode. That's like the whole attraction of any RTS game for me.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 100000
Member since 2003 • 549 Posts

I am a die-hard hardcore RTS gamer. And while the WiC campaign was entertaining (only for a while). The game is quite dull and strategy wise it pales in comparison to a game like CoH.

Infantry can walk straight up to tanks and shoot them and win, the whole money-regen system makes losing units nothing big, as you can get them all back almost instantly. The small amount of units you control make it a ability-click fest, whoever clicks the missle ability on the med-helicopters first will win the engagment.

Its a great idea, the story is great, but the tactics and strategy are bland and dull, or better said, non-existant. Its the equivalent of instant-respawn in FPS's, you stop caring whether you die or not.

Penguin_dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Penguin_dragon
Member since 2005 • 1516 Posts

I am a die-hard hardcore RTS gamer. And while the WiC campaign was entertaining (only for a while). The game is quite dull and strategy wise it pales in comparison to a game like CoH.

Infantry can walk straight up to tanks and shoot them and win, the whole money-regen system makes losing units nothing big, as you can get them all back almost instantly. The small amount of units you control make it a ability-click fest, whoever clicks the missle ability on the med-helicopters first will win the engagment.

Its a great idea, the story is great, but the tactics and strategy are bland and dull, or better said, non-existant. Its the equivalent of instant-respawn in FPS's, you stop caring whether you die or not.

1 infantry walks up to a tank they get run over and die.

2.Losing RESOURCE POINTS (not money) is a big deal becuase if you play a role like air and you need heavy choppers you have to wait quite a while for you to have enough points.

3. RTSs are usually click fest, and in case you meant cliking the mouse buttons, theres shortcut-keys too.

Penguin_dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Penguin_dragon

BlackAlpha666

Were at war with Iraq now, but you dont see America nuking the crap out of it and sending all our forces over there. The point of RPGs are usually to SAVE the world so why would you just kill people? If you just want to hide in a building then do it in real life, whats the point of playing any game if you dont want a challage??

Avatar image for the_ChEeSe_mAn2
the_ChEeSe_mAn2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 the_ChEeSe_mAn2
Member since 2003 • 8463 Posts
Just because WiC is not your cup of tea, doesn't mean it is bad. It took a different take on the RTS genre and although its not the kind of RTS I like, it apparently gained fans. I have seen plenty of other worse RTs's which are easily more atrocious than WiC.
Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#38 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

How many games of it have you played? Have you ever coordinated your attack with the rest of your team and gotten into a fight where the enemy was just as coordinated with you?

Those battles come down to the wire.

n00b_bi22o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 n00b_bi22o
Member since 2006 • 168 Posts
NOoooo! It's Star Wars - Force Commander!
bignice12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 bignice12

I guessed some people missed the memo, that the main reason WIC gets its praise is from its MP, not its SP. But there is tons of tactics involved in WIC, mainly working as team. That is what the whole game is about, working as a team and coordinating your forces together. Of course on pubs it wont seem like it if you are one of those selfish players that spawn 3 heavy artys and 1 anti air unit and keep them all for yourself leaving your allies tanks exposed to choppers. I'm willing to bet anybody that claims that the game doesn't have tactics has either not played much of MP or is not a team player and tries to lonewolf it by themselves.

I can see how it could be boring when you lonewolf it. Say you spawn some tanks and try to take a point by yourself, well enemy choppers will just come in and rip you apart and it will happen every time you spawn try to do something by yourself(This is where the majority of people that argue "this game is spawn units, go into a circle and die" come from).

Now if you work as a team and try to take the same point with a support player, you will capture the points and the enemy choppers will be taken down. Now say in the same situation an enemy tank player comes in and tries to take out your support(so choppers wont die), you would call in a friendly chopper player to take out the tanks. And situations like this can keep on expanding based on the situation. Notice the difference when you work as a team(in action and longevity)?

anshul89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 anshul89
Member since 2006 • 5705 Posts
WiC requires 0 strategy. The bots in the skirmish have horrible AI. Buts its certainly not the worst RTS.
bignice12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 bignice12

WiC requires 0 strategy. The bots in the skirmish have horrible AI. Buts its certainly not the worst RTS.anshul89

lol playing agianst AI. You must be really good online..... :roll:

Penguin_dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Penguin_dragon

WiC requires 0 strategy. The bots in the skirmish have horrible AI. Buts its certainly not the worst RTS.anshul89

Of course it requires 0 strategy if your a crappy player rellying on the rest of your team, however trying to be the #1 player in the match and helping your team at the same time makes you start thinking twice about your moves.

--Rampage--

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 --Rampage--
Member since 2008 • 212 Posts
Go play CoH and then wonder how the hell WiC got a 9.5. Just another reason not to trust gamespot reviews.
anshul89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 anshul89

[QUOTE="anshul89"]WiC requires 0 strategy. The bots in the skirmish have horrible AI. Buts its certainly not the worst RTS.Penguin_dragon

Of course it requires 0 strategy if your a crappy player rellying on the rest of your team, however trying to be the #1 player in the match and helping your team at the same time makes you start thinking twice about your moves.

lmao that way every game is a strategy game. trying to be the #1 player in the match in CoD4 and helping your team at the same time makes you start thinking twice about your moves.

Look, if you compare it to CoH, it has 0 strategy.

anshul89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 anshul89
Go play CoH and then wonder how the hell WiC got a 9.5. Just another reason not to trust gamespot reviews.--Rampage--
Actually gamespot writes reviews for casuals and Im sure they will like WiC more.
anshul89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 anshul89

[QUOTE="anshul89"]WiC requires 0 strategy. The bots in the skirmish have horrible AI. Buts its certainly not the worst RTS.bignice12

lol playing agianst AI. You must be really good online..... :roll:

At least in other RTS games the AI is challenging at the start. But in WiC, its not.
Penguin_dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Penguin_dragon
[QUOTE="Penguin_dragon"]

[QUOTE="anshul89"]WiC requires 0 strategy. The bots in the skirmish have horrible AI. Buts its certainly not the worst RTS.anshul89

lmao that way every game is a strategy game. trying to be the #1 player in the match in CoD4 and helping your team at the same time makes you start thinking twice about your moves.

Look, if you compare it to CoH, it has 0 strategy.

Ill be honest here, I've never played Company of Heroes, but i have played a plethora of other RTS games, and what exactly does Company of Heroes do that sets it apart? It looks like a rip off of Warhammer to me.

anshul89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 anshul89
[QUOTE="GoodkupoBan"]

[QUOTE="JP_Russell"]There's no skirmish mode? Damn, I didn't know that. I was going to get it one day, but now I think I won't even bother with it.JP_Russell

Oh, good. I don't play RTS's online, and campaigns are either hit or miss, and even when they're hit they're not enough. I've gotta have the skirmish mode. That's like the whole attraction of any RTS game for me.

Too bad the AI is horrible. It'll probably take you only a few matches of practice to beat it every time.
bignice12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 bignice12

At least in other RTS games the AI is challenging at the start. But in WiC, its not.anshul89

Why are you even playing skirmish mode when the main attraction is online? In just about every review they praise the MP of WIC, it is the main part of the game. Judging WIC off its skirmish mode(or SP) solely makes no sense at all. That is similiar to playing CS against bots and rating it based off that experience.