Do you think that EA will make their future Star Wars games Origin exclusive?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for delete-simplyfatal
delete-SimplyFatal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 delete-SimplyFatal
Member since 2008 • 1122 Posts

Hey guys, what do you think? I don't have anything against Origins anymore, but it would be nice to see it being sold on steam as well.

Let me know in the comments below.

Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#2 Lach0121
Member since 2007 • 11783 Posts

More than likely.

If they think they can squeeze more money out that way, they will do it.

EliteM0nk3y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 EliteM0nk3y
Member since 2010 • 3382 Posts
Considering every game they have released recently has been only Origin (some on Uplay), I think it's safe to say yes.
8-Bitterness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 8-Bitterness
Member since 2009 • 3707 Posts
Nope, and rightfully so. Nothing against Steam here (99% of my games there) but jesus damn christ, you'd expect Valve to actually care for their stupid ass piece of software and have it stop being a bloated piece of messy and ugly crap. I find it more pleasant to use Origin (if you ignore the community of course, since Origin's falls pretty short), so I wouldn't mind a good Star Wars game being exclusive.
MuD3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 MuD3
Member since 2011 • 2192 Posts
i don't have a problem with origin... i have a problem that they force you to use their service, i have the same problem with ubisoft. i understand why they do it, they have to get people to try out their service somehow.. i don't know how else they should get people to use the service, but making it the only option for your games just feels underhanded to me.
the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 the_bi99man
Member since 2004 • 11465 Posts

I've just been assuming that EA is making all of their games, going forward, origin exclusive on PC. Just like valve's games are all steam exclusive. Don't see why they wouldn't. 

Yazu13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

#7 Yazu13
Member since 2005 • 5185 Posts

I certainly hope not.  Call me what you will, but I prefer to do most of my business on Steam.  I won't buy games on Origin because the service is clunky and unnecessary, and speaking with my wallet is important.  I realize EA is a huge corporation that wants to sell their products for pure profit and all, but their service is terrible and their prices follow suit; it would help their sales considerably if they just dealt through Steam as well.  I show my support by shopping on Steam, and I save lots of headache and money doing so.

Anyway, point is that unless Battlefront 3 comes out as an Origin exclusive, I won't struggle with the decision even a little of using that shoddy service.  If they do make their future Star Wars titles exclusive to Origin, they won't get half of the sales they could get since the general consensus appears to mirror my opinion.  Will they do it?  Hell yes.......

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#8 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

Probably.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#9 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

I certainly hope not.  Call me what you will, but I prefer to do most of my business on Steam.  I won't buy games on Origin because the service is clunky and unnecessary, and speaking with my wallet is important.  I realize EA is a huge corporation that wants to sell their products for pure profit and all, but their service is terrible and their prices follow suit; it would help their sales considerably if they just dealt through Steam as well.  I show my support by shopping on Steam, and I save lots of headache and money doing so.

Anyway, point is that unless Battlefront 3 comes out as an Origin exclusive, I won't struggle with the decision even a little of using that shoddy service.

Yazu13

Origin works just fine. It's not a shoddy service at all. 

Cwagmire21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Cwagmire21
Member since 2007 • 5896 Posts

Anyway, point is that unless Battlefront 3 comes out as an Origin exclusive, I won't struggle with the decision even a little of using that shoddy service.  If they do make their future Star Wars titles exclusive to Origin, they won't get half of the sales they could get since the general consensus appears to mirror my opinion.  Will they do it?  Hell yes.......

Yazu13

It's not 2011 anymore. Origin is no longer terrible and is actually shaping up to be pretty decent.

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#11 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts
can't be that stupid can we? of course it will and just because of it will sell few less but they don't care
lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

i would be very surprised if they didn't

EliteM0nk3y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 EliteM0nk3y
Member since 2010 • 3382 Posts

[QUOTE="Yazu13"]

Cwagmire21

It's not 2011 anymore. Origin is no longer terrible and is actually shaping up to be pretty decent.

I have never had much of a problem with Origin, my main complaint is that it's store interface is just terrible. EA needs to make it better if they want to compete with Steam.
Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Toxic-Seahorse
Member since 2012 • 5074 Posts

Yazu13
There is nothing shoddy about Origin. It actually works better than steam for the most part. The offline mode actually works well and I usually get much better download speeds than I do on Steam. The only thing steam has over Origin is the community part and the store is set up better. Yeah it's annoying having a 3rd party program required for games, but I got over it with Steam and I got over it with Origin.
the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 the_bi99man

There is nothing shoddy about Origin. It actually works better than steam for the most part. The offline mode actually works well and I usually get much better download speeds than I do on Steam.Toxic-Seahorse

Funny. I've never seen ANYTHING download faster on my computer than games coming from Steam. I've also never had a problem with offline mode. Use it constantly, and have never had a single issue. Every single non-MP game I own works flawlessly, and always has. I honestly have no idea where people always seem to get the idea that there's something wrong with steam's offline mode.

Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Toxic-Seahorse

[QUOTE="Toxic-Seahorse"]There is nothing shoddy about Origin. It actually works better than steam for the most part. The offline mode actually works well and I usually get much better download speeds than I do on Steam.the_bi99man

Funny. I've never seen ANYTHING download faster on my computer than games coming from Steam. I've also never had a problem with offline mode. Use it constantly, and have never had a single issue. Every single non-MP game I own works flawlessly, and always has. I honestly have no idea where people always seem to get the idea that there's something wrong with steam's offline mode.

Probably from personal experience. Quite a few times I tried to play a steam game offline and steam simply wouldn't boot up in off-line mode. Not to mention the fact that you have to change into offline mode once while you're online for offline mode to work offline is beyond ridiculous.
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#17 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
Definitely. As long as "future" Origin isn't buggy, I'll be okay with it. As of right now, Origin is okay in my book, although I prefer Steam.
the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 the_bi99man

[QUOTE="the_bi99man"]

[QUOTE="Toxic-Seahorse"]There is nothing shoddy about Origin. It actually works better than steam for the most part. The offline mode actually works well and I usually get much better download speeds than I do on Steam.Toxic-Seahorse

Probably from personal experience. Quite a few times I tried to play a steam game offline and steam simply wouldn't boot up in off-line mode. Not to mention the fact that you have to change into offline mode once while you're online for offline mode to work offline is beyond ridiculous.

I've also never quite understood what people were talking about saying that, either. You mean you have to change to offline mode while online one time, ever, for it to work in the future? If that's the case, it's not really much of an issue, since getting steam installed in the first place requires internet. You're obviously online when you install it, so just go to offline mode right fast, and you're golden. If you mean that in order for offline mode to work in general, you have to switch to it while online, that's simply not true.

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

Probably, and that would be just fine. Complaining about Origin now is pretty silly these days.

Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Toxic-Seahorse

[QUOTE="Toxic-Seahorse"][QUOTE="the_bi99man"]

the_bi99man

I've also never quite understood what people were talking about saying that, either. You mean you have to change to offline mode while online one time, ever, for it to work in the future? If that's the case, it's not really much of an issue, since getting steam installed in the first place requires internet. You're obviously online when you install it, so just go to offline mode right fast, and you're golden. If you mean that in order for offline mode to work in general, you have to switch to it while online, that's simply not true.

Na, what you said first was right. The stupid part is that steam never even tells you this until you try to use offline mode. I still don't understand what Valve was thinking when they made the offline mode require online for the first time use.

the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 the_bi99man

[QUOTE="the_bi99man"]

[QUOTE="Toxic-Seahorse"] Probably from personal experience. Quite a few times I tried to play a steam game offline and steam simply wouldn't boot up in off-line mode. Not to mention the fact that you have to change into offline mode once while you're online for offline mode to work offline is beyond ridiculous.Toxic-Seahorse

Na, what you said first was right. The stupid part is that steam never even tells you this until you try to use offline mode. I still don't understand what Valve was thinking when they made the offline mode require online for the first time use.

Oh okay. Yeah, would be nice if they explained that upon installation, or just made it not so. I guess I never noticed because the first time I used offline mode was while I was online, just experimenting with the program, checking out pretty much everything in the options. I tend to do that with new programs when I first use that. Others definitely don't, though, and I could see that being an issue.

Otherwise, I guess I've just been one of the lucky (or just not unlucky) ones to not have any issues getting offline mode to work regularly.

Inconsistancy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Inconsistancy
Member since 2004 • 8094 Posts
I'd say yes, unless Disney disagrees with them.
ShadowJax04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#23 ShadowJax04
Member since 2006 • 3351 Posts
As long as they green light a new Star Wars RPG they can Origin whatever they like and as long as they don't make it an Elder Scrolls knock-off.
SKaREO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24 SKaREO
Member since 2006 • 3161 Posts
Well, let's just assume that I'm not boycotting EA. If I were to buy their game, I would ask that Origin not be a requirement. Steam was made a requirement to play Counter-Strike, and I went along with it because I had to make a choice. Either I continue to play my favorite game of all time and stomach the annoying DRM, or just quit gaming on a PC completely. I chose the former. But I will never use another DRM client, Steam is the only one. I already went too far subscribing myself to this bullshit, there's no chance I'm going to dig myself deeper in shit.
bonafidetk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 bonafidetk
Member since 2004 • 3911 Posts
Almost certainly they will be origin exclusive. All triple-A (triple-A budget, not quality) EA titles have been origin exclusive in the last year or so.
SPYDER0416

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#26 SPYDER0416
Member since 2008 • 16736 Posts

Of course, at least on PC. If it's published by EA, they'll want to use their own service of course.

I actually don't have an issue with that. While I prefer Steam, Origin fixing that horrible download error issue they used to have made it much more tolerable.

Bikouchu35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Bikouchu35
Member since 2009 • 8344 Posts

LOL origin.

Bf3's servers are a mess right now, laggy client, and disconnections.

They like pumping out new dlc without fixing or balancing the game itself first, and it seems like they are already moving on their efforts to bf4.

I do think they would, and it would suck b.c of origin.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts
Gotta love all the origin and uplay hate .... when STEAM and VALVE did exactly the same thing. Want to play Half-Life 2 or Counter-strike Source ... use our "crappy new DD service!" ...... they offer sales which are now overpriced compared to competitors and people love it. Seriously hypocritical, people have gotten too comfortable with STEAM and have fergotten that it is EXACTLY the same thing... scary thing is though, games that are not even published/developed by VALVE are now becoming "STEAM REQUIRED" ..... so much for open platform ey hypocrits?
Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

LOL origin.

They like pumping out new dlc without fixing or balancing the game itself first, and it seems like they are already moving on their efforts to bf4.

Bikouchu35
So your blaming a DD client for DICE's developement issues and servers? wtf?
Bikouchu35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Bikouchu35
Member since 2009 • 8344 Posts

[QUOTE="Bikouchu35"]

LOL origin.

MBirdy88

So your blaming a DD client for DICE's developement issues and servers? wtf?

Yeah sim city and le servers are great *sarcasm*.