DO you think PC is a dying platform?

• 73 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

wrick30000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 wrick30000
Member since 2007 • 321 Posts

Really I am just getting annoyed with all those games that I can't play in my PC because they are console exclusive. They are doing this so that we shift ourself towards console and let our PC die in vain. EA is heading this movement for sure. But why do they forget to make games in any platform they need their PC running. Why they are doing this to us PC lovers? Do you people really think PC is dying or if it is dying should we just turn our back to what we are seeing and shift to consoles or revolt(LOL).?

HenriH-42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#2 HenriH-42
Member since 2007 • 2113 Posts

No.

weirjf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#3 weirjf
Member since 2002 • 2392 Posts

just... let it go, don't bump it

Avatar image for Charles_Dickens
Charles_Dickens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Charles_Dickens
Member since 2009 • 1693 Posts

Somebody once said to me, if I ever start to lose my patience, just sing a song inside my head, and focus on that.

"The hills are aliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiive... with the sound of muuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuusic.... with songs we have suuuuuuuuuuuuung... for a thousand yeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrssssssssssss!"

wrick30000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 wrick30000
Member since 2007 • 321 Posts

Thanks all for your support but I think we should all have some exclusive games like CRYSIS because X-BOX really got too many exclusive games.

SuperBeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 SuperBeast
Member since 2002 • 13229 Posts
Nothing has really changed that much. I don't remember playing any NES/SNES/Sega/Dreamcast...etc games on the PC either. There are more games being developed for the PC than there has ever been. Overall PC gaming can't die, it's virtually impossible. If PC gaming died, gaming as a whole would have to die right along side of it.
Threesixtyci

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Threesixtyci
Member since 2006 • 4451 Posts
PC may never die... but they sure are getting a whole lot of console ports lately.
Charles_Dickens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Charles_Dickens

Thanks all for your support but I think we should all have some exclusive games like CRYSIS because X-BOX really got too many exclusive games.

wrick30000
It's not about exclusives. That's not why most of us game on the PC. It's because we can game at higher resolutions, with maximum anti-aliasing and anisitropic filtering, and because the games usually run twice as fast. And for these reasons PC games look twice as good as console games look, and they run much smoother too. It's not about exclusivity. It's about the experience itself. The experience.
mattpunkgd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 mattpunkgd
Member since 2007 • 2198 Posts
You do know there are more PC gamers than all three consoles (Wii,PS3,360) combined?
myke2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 myke2010
Member since 2002 • 2747 Posts

There have always been lots of console exclusives, nothing has changed. PC will never be a dying platform for games, it's the only place devs get to really mess with cutting edge technology.

Charles_Dickens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Charles_Dickens
PC may never die... but they sure are getting a whole lot of console ports lately.Threesixtyci
You'd be surprised at how many 'console ports' are actually PC games that have been ported over to the console. The developer of Arkham Asylum noted that they used the Unreal engine, and that the Unreal engine is a PC application. Any game, he said, that uses the Unreal engine, even games the might not be marketed for the PC, start out their life as a PC program, and that the programmers have to make the game work on the consoles - therefore any Unreal game is actually a PC port, not a console port. Don't post this comment at a console forum though, because they'll burn you alive at the stake. A huge number of games are Unreal based, and the console fanatics don't want to be told that they're playing a PC port. If that game isn't even available for the PC they won't be able to see the logic, and will call you every name under the sun.
weezyfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 weezyfb
Member since 2009 • 14703 Posts
yes
Avatar image for deactivated-5de2fb6a3a711
deactivated-5de2fb6a3a711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#15 deactivated-5de2fb6a3a711
Member since 2004 • 13995 Posts
PC isn't what it used to be, but it's not dead.
Avatar image for guardiankitty10
guardiankitty10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#16 guardiankitty10
Member since 2005 • 1011 Posts

I think yes and no i mean pc gaming was never about getting the new games in my opinion they were about the oldies but the gaming industry is going down too i think that pc gaming is doing fine though because people will always want to mod games and stuff like that and developers know this wich is why they would make pc games but games are going to consoles cause more people own them and its cheaper for the consoles to and the games are cheaper on the pc so that would make them want to shift to consoles but i will stay with the pc casue moding games will never get old in my opinon

555SSOO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 137

#17 555SSOO
Member since 2008 • 1873 Posts

Nope;)

RossRichard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 RossRichard
Member since 2007 • 3738 Posts

PC Gaming: Happily 'dying' since 1983.

THE_BRUTALIZER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#19 THE_BRUTALIZER
Member since 2008 • 3488 Posts

[QUOTE="THE_BRUTALIZER"][QUOTE="wrick30000"]

Really I am just getting annoyed with all those games that I can't play in my PC because they are console exclusive. They are doing this so that we shift ourself towards console and let our PC die in vain. EA is heading this movement for sure. But why do they forget to make games in any platform they need their PC running. Why they are doing this to us PC lovers? Do you people really think PC is dying or if it is dying should we just turn our back to what we are seeing and shift to consoles or revolt(LOL).?

SHiFTY_v4

I have a PC and a ps3. There really arent that many exclusives on either console....and 360 is definitely dying, games like MAG are WAYY out of its league. PC will never die. The PC will always be the customizeable gaming center for hardcore gamers like us. It is better than all consoles combined and.....is just F**** awesome.

360 is dying? You truly are a **** idiot.

Accept it, fanboy. Of course they are still making games for it, and they may for a while, but its not gonna be anymore great exclusives to the xbox. Its just a fact, and dont call me a fanboy because I used to have PC PS3 and 360. Both consoles died but I only replaced ps3.
naval

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20 naval
Member since 2003 • 11108 Posts
Personally , thinking and saying "PC is dying" do not go together --- when you say "PC Gaming is dying", it means you are not thinking (it's against all facts)
weirjf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#21 weirjf
Member since 2002 • 2392 Posts

[QUOTE="SHiFTY_v4"]

[QUOTE="THE_BRUTALIZER"] I have a PC and a ps3. There really arent that many exclusives on either console....and 360 is definitely dying, games like MAG are WAYY out of its league. PC will never die. The PC will always be the customizeable gaming center for hardcore gamers like us. It is better than all consoles combined and.....is just F**** awesome.THE_BRUTALIZER

Accept it, fanboy. Of course they are still making games for it, and they may for a while, but its not gonna be anymore great exclusives to the xbox. Its just a fact, and dont call me a fanboy because I used to have PC PS3 and 360. Both consoles died but I only replaced ps3.

Fanboy? Just because they keep up with what's going on with the 360 doesn't make them a fanboy it just makes them more informed than you are. The Wii istaking a dump but the 360 is just getting better with more promise for cool technologies later which are all compatable with all past and present hardware versions.

cluclap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 cluclap
Member since 2007 • 888 Posts

not this crap again...

Mograine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Mograine
Member since 2006 • 3666 Posts

Having a smaller percentage of morons ranting about overhyped exclusives where ever they set their eyes on does not mean that it's dying.

spektor_21000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 spektor_21000
Member since 2005 • 409 Posts

PC > all

it will never die.

LOL at whoever said xbox 360 is dying.

Fr0st3d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Fr0st3d
Member since 2005 • 432 Posts
PC gaming as slowed down a bit but nothing to be alarmed
pvtdonut54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#26 pvtdonut54
Member since 2008 • 8554 Posts

If it was dieing, would any of us be here? :D

Mograine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Mograine
Member since 2006 • 3666 Posts

pvtdonut54

If it wasn't dying we wouldn't be wasting our time here :D

Anthony01355

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Anthony01355
Member since 2006 • 1486 Posts

It is, it's dead. Don't turn on your pc or you'll die too.

pvtdonut54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#29 pvtdonut54
Member since 2008 • 8554 Posts

[QUOTE="pvtdonut54"]

Mograine

If it wasn't dying we wouldn't be wasting our time here :D

Yes, of course. Just like Bigfoot speculators and conspiracists.

teardropmina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 teardropmina
Member since 2006 • 2806 Posts

Really I am just getting annoyed with all those games that I can't play in my PC because they are console exclusive.

wrick30000

go get yourself a console or all consoles, problem solved. we don't need this 1001th "PC dying" thread here; if you just have to, please go to system wars.

dforeigner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 dforeigner
Member since 2009 • 144 Posts
Why can't you people just let it go? Consoles have never been better than a pc, and they'll never be. Just leave it alone honestly.
mudman91878

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 mudman91878
Member since 2003 • 740 Posts

[QUOTE="THE_BRUTALIZER"][QUOTE="wrick30000"]

SHiFTY_v4

I have a PC and a ps3. There really arent that many exclusives on either console....and 360 is definitely dying, games like MAG are WAYY out of its league. PC will never die. The PC will always be the customizeable gaming center for hardcore gamers like us. It is better than all consoles combined and.....is just F**** awesome.

No, he's not the idiot, what you said is idiotic. He stated his opinion and there's nothing wrong with that. It was pretty clear what he meant but you completely missed his point. The 360 isn't dying, it's just not getting crap for games anymore which was his point.

Charles_Dickens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Charles_Dickens

Ah, look at that. One person called another person an idiot. And then another person stepped in and called him an idiot for saying that the other guy was an idiot. Man, I've never seen that happen at this forum before.

xiph08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 xiph08
Member since 2008 • 407 Posts
No, there are way more computers per house than consoles. And with services like onlive, even computers that were not designed for gaming will be able to play the latest games. That is assuming onlive takes off of course. btw the way 360...dieing...lol. It was the only console to see growth this year. It's still the number one console for 3rd party titles. And with the elite dropping in price, down to $300. The sales will only get better.
JackBurton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#35 JackBurton
Member since 2002 • 3808 Posts

Why can't you people just let it go? Consoles have never been better than a pc, and they'll never be.
Just leave it alone honestly.dforeigner

"PC is dying" =

RiseAgainst12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#36 RiseAgainst12
Member since 2007 • 6767 Posts

Nope

tester962

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#37 tester962
Member since 2004 • 2881 Posts
Not at all, PC gaming will never die.
dforeigner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 dforeigner
Member since 2009 • 144 Posts

Ah, look at that. One person called another person an idiot. And then another person stepped in and called him an idiot for saying that the other guy was an idiot. Man, I've never seen that happen at this forum before.

Charles_Dickens
ahahhahahahaha
tony2077ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 tony2077ca
Member since 2005 • 5242 Posts

if only it was dying then maybe they'd fix all these god damn problems

rmfd341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#40 rmfd341
Member since 2008 • 3808 Posts
No, there are way more computers per house than consoles. And with services like onlive, even computers that were not designed for gaming will be able to play the latest games. That is assuming onlive takes off of course. btw the way 360...dieing...lol. It was the only console to see growth this year. It's still the number one console for 3rd party titles. And with the elite dropping in price, down to $300. The sales will only get better. xiph08
OnLive, you must be kidding me right? PC game has been dying before I was even born... And yeah. True, PS3
StrawberryHill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 StrawberryHill
Member since 2008 • 5321 Posts

not this crap again...

cluclap

I know. Seems like there's a new one every week. No, pc gaming is not dying. :roll:

StrawberryHill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 StrawberryHill
Member since 2008 • 5321 Posts

[QUOTE="Charles_Dickens"]

dforeigner

ahahhahahahaha

:lol:

Meejoe27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#43 Meejoe27
Member since 2009 • 786 Posts

December 21, 2012...

The Mayans didn't predict the end of the world, they predicted the end of PC gaming!

You heard it hear first.

tony2077ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 tony2077ca
Member since 2005 • 5242 Posts

[QUOTE="dforeigner"][QUOTE="Charles_Dickens"]

StrawberryHill

ahahhahahahaha

:lol:

ah humans
Apssei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Apssei
Member since 2006 • 119 Posts

We get one of these threads every few days, shouldn't there be a sticky that says "Don't make a "pc gaming is dying" thread " or a sticky that discusses the current state of the pc market so that people can get educated in the matter and not post the same questions or the same opinions (as false as i think they may be, i believe everyone should be able to state their case) again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again.........(yes it was necessary)

teardropmina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 teardropmina
Member since 2006 • 2806 Posts

We get one of these threads every few days, shouldn't there be a sticky...

Apssei

it should, and we need stickies for piracy and console exclusives wishing as well.

thusaha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 thusaha
Member since 2007 • 14495 Posts

Hm... No.

mhofever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#48 mhofever
Member since 2008 • 3960 Posts

There is no such thing as a platform dying, but rather progressing. Example, Sega progressed from a console company to a game development company and are now getting quite successful. It may not relate too much to what the topic is about but it is a good example of progress.

The only reason why people think PC gaming is dying is because money grabbing developers do not want to support the PC platform because they "think' they will not make so much profit on it due to piracy but when I look at it, Valve, Blizzard, makes lots of money because they take care of their customers (basically the PC gamers) and a few companies I'm sure out there who are beginning to support the PC platform because they make the effort to ensure it is so.

People said PC gaming was dying a few years ago but now it's a few years later and it still stands. So if you think it IS dying, wait and see in a few years time and prove me wrong.

mirgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 mirgamer
Member since 2003 • 2489 Posts
A few years ago is an understatement. I remember hearing the exact sentiments like...more than 10 years ago. lol.
pianist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 pianist
Member since 2003 • 18900 Posts

No, at least not for the sorts of games I enjoy. The game genres that dominate consoles don't appeal to me. I like games with thick manuals that take months to learn, let alone master. Depth and complexity - that's a hard sell for the console crowd. :lol:

When consoles can be upgraded as easily as PCs for those with the cash, and when we start getting some REAL strategy and simulation games on consoles which allow for complex simulation-based hardware (like a Saitek X-52 and rudder pedals), then I'd say the PC may be dying. Until then, there will always be certain games that would never sell to the console crowd, but which can be sold to the PC crowd.