Do you have PC Games that you bought because they were on sale, but never play?

• 65 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BluRayHiDef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 BluRayHiDef
Member since 2009 • 10839 Posts

What are some PC games that you've purchased, but never play? Games from Steam that I don't play are Mass Effect and FarCry 1 & 2. I bought them because they were so cheap, but in the end I'll never play them because they don't interest me as much as I thought they would. The same can probably be said for Age of Empires III, which I got for $0.10 through the Games for Windows marketplace. How about you guys?

Iantheone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Iantheone
Member since 2007 • 8242 Posts
No, but ive bought games on Steam that I already own just so I can have it on Steam.
BluRayHiDef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 BluRayHiDef

No, but ive bought games on Steam that I already own just so I can have it on Steam. Iantheone

Why? That's just a waste of money.

Yoshi25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Yoshi25
Member since 2004 • 4488 Posts

[QUOTE="Iantheone"]No, but ive bought games on Steam that I already own just so I can have it on Steam. BluRayHiDef

Always nice to have your belongings on the cloud.
Avatar image for Gamesterpheonix
Gamesterpheonix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Gamesterpheonix
Member since 2005 • 3676 Posts
lol well Ive bought games that I never play just cuz I hyped myself up to buy em and convinced myself Id like em but in the end many are just sitting there. Some I regret. Some I dont. Why? Cuz my brothers will play em. I dunno...lol...I think I have enough control now to not buy them just cuz their cheap but man...if I didnt...I buy everything I see for less than $5...hell maybe even anything less than $15. Thankfully though...Id much rather have fun than just HAVE games...used to be that way though. Wanted anything and everything.
malikmmm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 malikmmm
Member since 2003 • 2235 Posts
i got red orchestra for free( i hope it counts) last month from steam but never had any chance to play for reason unknown...
Iantheone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Iantheone
Member since 2007 • 8242 Posts

[QUOTE="BluRayHiDef"]

[QUOTE="Iantheone"]No, but ive bought games on Steam that I already own just so I can have it on Steam. Yoshi25

Always nice to have your belongings on the cloud.

Dont have to worry about discs being scratched (My siblings have destroyed so many), dont have to worry about my CD key, cant lose any part of it really. Its just much more simple to have my games on Steam.

Avatar image for the_ChEeSe_mAn2
the_ChEeSe_mAn2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 the_ChEeSe_mAn2
Member since 2003 • 8463 Posts
Only one I can think of is Burnout Paradise because I realized I didn't like the open-ended style of racing after some hours into it.
flipin_jackass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 flipin_jackass
Member since 2004 • 9772 Posts
Oh yea... Empire at War, AoEIII, Batman AA. I also have a quite few which came from game bundles on sale. I haven't touched half of my THQ Bundle and Codemasters Pack.
Avatar image for deactivated-5c009341336cd
deactivated-5c009341336cd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 deactivated-5c009341336cd
Member since 2004 • 1855 Posts

i bought a bunch in a row, i havnt gotten to l4d 1 and 2 yet as im still working through bioshock stalker and mass effect, havnt touched me2 yet either

yellosnolvr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#11 yellosnolvr
Member since 2005 • 19302 Posts
borderlands and call of duty 4. i played them a little bit, but not nearly as much as i should before i just stopped playing them.
IU_Stizzal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 IU_Stizzal
Member since 2010 • 382 Posts

Story of my life...

Gothic 3

Gothic 2

Just Cause 2

L4D2

ME 2

Metro 2033

OP: Dragon Rising

Serious Sam 1&2

Tales of Monkey Island Chapters 1-5

Thief: Deadly Shadows

Titan Quest

STALKER

The Witcher

DMC4

I've played a bit of these games, but haven't got more than half of the way through. I will get to them at some point.:roll:

BluRayHiDef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 BluRayHiDef

Oh yea... Empire at War, AoEIII, Batman AA. I also have a quite few which came from game bundles on sale. I haven't touched half of my THQ Bundle and Codemasters Pack. flipin_jackass

Batman: AA is a damn good game. I recommend that you definitely give it a try.

Avatar image for the_ChEeSe_mAn2
the_ChEeSe_mAn2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 the_ChEeSe_mAn2
Member since 2003 • 8463 Posts

[QUOTE="flipin_jackass"]Oh yea... Empire at War, AoEIII, Batman AA. I also have a quite few which came from game bundles on sale. I haven't touched half of my THQ Bundle and Codemasters Pack. BluRayHiDef

Batman: AA is a damn good game. I recommend that you definitely give it a try.

Agreed, I am not much of a Batman fan (was always more of a Spiderman fan), but Batman: AA was a terrific game.
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#15 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
I don't think Age of Empires 3 is a worthy mention. It's only 10 cents... No, I bought them because I plan to play them or I already have. It's the perfect situation where I pay a very small price for a game that I wouldn't have considered because of the full price tag and lack of interest in it.
saruman354

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#16 saruman354
Member since 2004 • 10776 Posts

I'd say I have never even installed about half of my Steam library. Granted, some games I only bought because they came in pack with another game I wanted and it was cheaper to buy the pack than the individual game. Bit.Trip Beat and VVVVVVV are prime examples of that.

Gladestone1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Gladestone1
Member since 2004 • 5695 Posts

Ive got over 50 games atm.Ill buy them when they go on sale..Also like to buy games ive got on cd..Is just easier to click instead of digging old cds out to play them..When you can just own them for cheap on steam..

JN_Fenrir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 JN_Fenrir
Member since 2004 • 1551 Posts

Sure, I have tons of them. It's not that I lost interest in playing them, it's just been a combination of not having had time or being in the mood. I'm sure I'll get around to almost all of them eventually.

Stupid Minecraft certainly hasn't made it any easier to make time though. :lol:

arto1223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19 arto1223
Member since 2005 • 4412 Posts
I still have a bunch of games that I got from Steam's Christmas sale last year that I haven't played. The reason I have yet to play them though, is that I have so many. I will get around to them when we hit a slow release period. But this year (and 2011 by the looks of it) have had too many great releases. For me, BFBC2 has taken up a lot of my time.
Tauruslink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Tauruslink
Member since 2005 • 6586 Posts
Yes, KOTOR.
millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#21 millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts

[QUOTE="Iantheone"]No, but ive bought games on Steam that I already own just so I can have it on Steam. BluRayHiDef

So is buying games you never play.
Sharpie125

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#22 Sharpie125
Member since 2005 • 3904 Posts

i got red orchestra for free( i hope it counts) last month from steam but never had any chance to play for reason unknown...malikmmm

BAD. SHAME. You go into Steam and play RO right now!

Seriously, though. I've had RO since 2009, but until my friend got a copy of the game for free (like I assume you did) I barely touched the game. After a couple of sessions with the two of us against randoms, I really started to get into the game and appreciate it. It's probably one of my favourite military shooters, if not favourite game.

EDIT - Forgot to post... I bought the Witcher and World in Conflict and have only touched both a total of something like 20 minutes (and that was just the WiC tutorial). But I get the OP. I have found a ton of old "classic" PC games that I think I want to play, and after an hour or a half, I put it down and never touch it again. I like having them, but let's be honest, I'm probably never going to get around to playing them when I have newer games stealing my attention.

Pvt_r3d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Pvt_r3d
Member since 2006 • 7901 Posts
Plenty. I have about 20 games that I have never installed yet.
BluRayHiDef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 BluRayHiDef

[QUOTE="BluRayHiDef"]

[QUOTE="Iantheone"]No, but ive bought games on Steam that I already own just so I can have it on Steam. millerlight89

Very poor attempt at making me look like a hypocrite. I never intended to waste my money when I bought those games; I thought I'd like them. However, he knowingly bought games that he already owns. The situations are VERY different, which is why your point is invalid.

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 millerlight89

[QUOTE="millerlight89"][QUOTE="BluRayHiDef"]

BluRayHiDef

Very poor attempt at making me look like a hypocrite. I never intended to waste my money when I bought those games; I thought I'd like them. However, he knowingly bought games that he already owns. The situations are VERY different, which is why your point is invalid.

Who in the hell said I was making you look like a hypocrite? Nice assumption. I just said, so is buying games you never play, which guess what, is a waste of money.
BluRayHiDef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 BluRayHiDef

[QUOTE="BluRayHiDef"]

[QUOTE="millerlight89"] So is buying games you never play. millerlight89

Who in the hell said I was making you look like a hypocrite? Nice assumption. I just said, so is buying games you never play, which guess what, is a waste of money.

I thought you were referring to the games which I bought, but don't play, and mentioned in the OP.

Lord_DoDo56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#27 Lord_DoDo56
Member since 2005 • 960 Posts
Bought the entire THQ pack on Steam, Just Cause 2, The Witcher, and Dragon Age all to just sit on my desktop :)
Twisted14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#28 Twisted14
Member since 2007 • 3497 Posts
These Steam games are ones I never bothered to download or just haven't played much of Bioshock (but that was only recently and I haven't been able to download it yet. Flatout: Ultimate Carnage Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee Psychonauts Splinter Cell Chaos Theory (played the first couple of missions and just didn't like it all that much) Tropico 3 The Unreal pack Worms Reloaded Also, not a Steam game but I have the GTA 4 episodes, I played about an hour of the Lost and Damned about 3 months ago and haven't played it since.
BluRayHiDef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 BluRayHiDef

Bought the entire THQ pack on Steam, Just Cause 2, The Witcher, and Dragon Age all to just sit on my desktop :)Lord_DoDo56

Just Cause 2 is absolute stunning. The visual presentation is simply beautiful.

Jd1680a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#30 Jd1680a
Member since 2005 • 5960 Posts
A few games I got at 50% or so but never got around in playing them yet.
BeavermanA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 BeavermanA
Member since 2003 • 2652 Posts

Have a lot too. Damn Steam, Amazon and Target clearance section. These are just the ones that haven't been opened, way more that were started but not finished, yet.

Assassins Creed 2, Splinter cell: Conviction, Aliens vs Predator, Just Cause 2, GTA4:EFLC, Chronicles of Riddick: Dark Athena.

PS3: Infamous, God of War I & II, Metal Gear Solid 4

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 millerlight89

[QUOTE="millerlight89"][QUOTE="BluRayHiDef"]

BluRayHiDef

I thought you were referring to the games which I bought, but don't play, and mentioned in the OP.

Nope, I have games I haven't played. I also have games I bought again over Steam. However, they are both wastes of money pretty much.
gmaster456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#33 gmaster456
Member since 2008 • 7569 Posts
Half my PC games collection are from Steam Sales. I stocked up on games and saved them for a rainy day and half of them I havent played
Avatar image for monkeymoose5000
monkeymoose5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 monkeymoose5000
Member since 2007 • 6111 Posts

I'd say I have never even installed about half of my Steam library. Granted, some games I only bought because they came in pack with another game I wanted and it was cheaper to buy the pack than the individual game. Bit.Trip Beat and VVVVVVV are prime examples of that.

saruman354
VVVVVVV is a good game, I suggest you try it out.
PolskaKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 PolskaKing
Member since 2008 • 39592 Posts
Oh yeah, I have a ton of them, but more so because old PC was horrible so couldn't play more than half the games I bought but now I can. Although, have yet to play Oblivion, Bioshock, Portal (I know, I'm sorry!! :cry: ), HL2 Deathmatch, Episode 1 and 2, L4D, tons of Star Wars games, and Civ IV Colonization.
Agent_Kaliaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#36 Agent_Kaliaver
Member since 2004 • 4722 Posts
I've got roughly 15 games on steam I have yet to even try and a couple I have barely played. But that doesn't even compete with my console games. Who knows how many Xbox 360, PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, SNES, and Genesis games I haven't tried... Yeah I went on a shopping spree last year. Of course don't need to really buy games anymore which is nice.
mhofever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#37 mhofever
Member since 2008 • 3960 Posts

I barely touched Supreme Commander 2, the Indie Pulse Pack and the Indie Clever Pack too. And also Overlord 2 and Operation Arrowhead.

Avatar image for lainethreepwood
lainethreepwood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 lainethreepwood
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
woah! so many of you have that problem. What's the reason behind that? Buying a game and just not play it... I don't think i've ever done that. I've gotten shoddy games from computer stores in hong kong that doesn't actually work but at least i tried installing it. what are your reasons for not even giving the game a try if you've already paid for it?
bloodreaperfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 bloodreaperfx
Member since 2006 • 415 Posts

Hmm lets see..i'll probably get flamed for this but i never got arround to finish Baldur's Gate 2. Sure I've played some of it but the interface kindda puts me off..seems confusing coming from NWN1/2.

fivex84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 fivex84
Member since 2006 • 1216 Posts

A few games from Steam sales that I plan to play over the Holidays. But I know I will buy more games from the Steam Holiday sale, it's a never ending cycle.

Rickylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Rickylee
Member since 2002 • 1342 Posts

Not many thoughI don't know if buying games in a pack should count. I bought the Orange Box for the episodes, extra HL2 which I gave my son, and portal. Have had to this day no interest in TF2 and thus never played it. I've had alot of games I've bought that I played only a short time before I leave them thinking I'll come back to them but I never do.

On the subject of wasted money it's my money to waste or not as I see fit. Many people would consider a fine single malt or expensive dinner a waste but I would not. It's pretty much subjective. Just sayin'.

Avatar image for broken_bass_bin
broken_bass_bin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 broken_bass_bin
Member since 2009 • 7515 Posts

Quite a few from Steam:

Call of Pripyat, Psychonauts, Beyond Good & Evil, Garry's Mod, Droplitz, QuantZ, The Last Remnant

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#43 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

Tons. I'll get to them onrainy/snowy day.

pcgamer_07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 pcgamer_07
Member since 2007 • 1164 Posts

I got games from those steam packs sales some of them I don't have interest in and others just have not had the time to go through them all. Then there are a few games that were extremely cheap on sale but again haven't got a chance to get round to them.

Shonuff331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Shonuff331
Member since 2003 • 90 Posts

I have a bunch of PC games that I got on sale but never play. There are several reasons for this.

1) Time. I work for a living, have a Fiancee and a child and split my gaming time between my PC, my iPhone, my 360 and my PS3. I just haven't gotten around to completing all of my games yet.

2) Cheap bundles on Steam. Example: The Eidos Pack. it was 20 games for $50 including Batman: AA which was $50 by itself at the time. I sold my PS3 version of Batman: AA for $40 and bought the Eidos pack getting Batman: AA, Mini-Ninjas, Battlestations, Deus Ex, Tomb Raider, Thief, Hitman, etc, etc.

Gammit10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 119

User Lists: 2

#46 Gammit10
Member since 2004 • 2397 Posts
Between Impulse and STEAM, I have a crap-ton of games that I haven't started yet.
lucfonzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 lucfonzy
Member since 2008 • 1835 Posts
I just bought blacklight tango down for 75p but i cant get into any games because there is no one playing it. poo. Kane & Lynch dog days, little bit disturbing to be honest, and.. well yeah.
Avatar image for smokeydabear076
smokeydabear076

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 smokeydabear076
Member since 2004 • 22109 Posts

Yeah, I have a few of those... some of them I will play when I get the time, but others I'll probably never play.

Fusionmix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#49 Fusionmix
Member since 2010 • 1656 Posts

I haven't played Prey, Flotilla, Dogfighter or Altitude yet. And I haven't beaten at least 12 others >_>.

the05birdman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 the05birdman
Member since 2004 • 615 Posts

I bought Civ IV when steam had a sale on the game and all the expansions for like $10. I had played the demo and enjoyed it but I just havene't loaded it up because I have other games that I prefer to play right now. I also already owned STALKER CoS but I ended up getting it again on steam when they had a deal for it and CoP for cheap. The deal for both games was half the price of CoP by itself.