• 73 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

PlzDuntBanMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1 PlzDuntBanMe
Member since 2008 • 3269 Posts
I'll admit it, I sometimes do. Maybe sometimes for fun. But when I play campaign, I mostly don't. Only if a level is too challenging or if I am stuck.

Do you?
BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 227

#2 BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17910 Posts
Feel free to use all the cheats you want in single player, but don't use cheats/hacks/exploits in multiplayer.
Jinroh_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Jinroh_basic
Member since 2002 • 6413 Posts
i love my girlfriend but i scored with Ginana @ Bangkok....does it count?
KudoS17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 KudoS17
Member since 2008 • 1050 Posts
I only use cheats once i've beaten a game for fun but never online
k_ozz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#5 k_ozz
Member since 2007 • 1088 Posts
I dont use cheats.. It takes the fun away..
PlzDuntBanMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 PlzDuntBanMe
Yeah, I don't use hacks/cheats for multiplayer, i'm afraid that I will get banned, and takes all the fun away too.
DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 DanielDust
Member since 2007 • 15402 Posts
No, never. Cheats aren't fun, you might think "oh yeah if I input that code I will have UBERIMBAROBOKILLAWOOT things and I can have fun how I want". It's not like that, after you cheat you don't have even half as much fun as you did before cheating. But that's just me. I cheated when I was 7, never did since, I even gave up on Diablo 2 that time because I hacked one of my sp characters and it wasn't fun at all after that, I gave up on the game. If somebody finds cheats fun good for them, but I find it hard to believe somebody enjoys a game while cheating no matter if they already finished it once, twice....
lettuceman44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#8 lettuceman44
Member since 2005 • 7971 Posts
I don't care about singleplayer, but people who cheat in multiplayer.......man don't like it at all.
jfsebastianII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#9 jfsebastianII
Member since 2007 • 1084 Posts

I dont use cheats.. It takes the fun away..k_ozz

depends what you mean by 'fun' - i prefer to play a game on its hardest level, which i'm almost always able to do, but soem games a re a bit uneven, so occasionally i come up against something that's just too difficult, or which can be done eventually but only after hours of taking pot shots at a big boss or whatever while dodging behind pillars, and having to save everytime you hit

so i only do it when i'm finding a bit of a game a real bore, ie NOT enjoying it or finding it 'fun' - eg there were a few moments in Q4 which were ridiculously difficult and i just god-moded my way through - that way i got to i still really enjoy the rest of the game on the hardest setting

But cheating is a last resort, as are walkthrus, which again i will use but only when desperate - probably use a walkthru once per game on average, sometimes not at all, sometimes a couple of times

Unknown_Hero3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Unknown_Hero3
Member since 2008 • 7269 Posts
dose getting rushed though hell in 30 minutes on diablo2 count?
johan1986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 johan1986
Member since 2003 • 4764 Posts
Sometimes I do but mostly not
TanKLoveR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 TanKLoveR
Member since 2004 • 5712 Posts

I only use cheats once i've beaten a game for fun but never onlineKudoS17

Same here, its no fun to cheat ur first tiem through the game and cheat online is just cheap, i really hate it.

wackys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#13 wackys
Member since 2005 • 1315 Posts
Sometimes yes but never in MP.Well come to think of it I used OGC on crap servers in CS 1.6 but other than that I don't cheat in MP.And what's with all the people voting that cheats are for players with no skills what they just vote and leave?What's up with that?
GodLovesDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#14 GodLovesDead
Member since 2007 • 9755 Posts
I cheat multiplayer, but never singleplayer.
DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 DanielDust
Member since 2007 • 15402 Posts

I cheat multiplayer, but never singleplayer.GodLovesDead

LOL you are my favourite type of guy?:P

Want to meet somewhere at a beer or something? I'll bring the axe, torch and rifle ;).

sadikovic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16 sadikovic
Member since 2004 • 3868 Posts

I've recently completed Crysis and decided play it again with unlimited ammo along with god mode and unlimited nano suit power.

Its extremely fun I used the rocket launcher for the whole game and now im going through it again just with fists :P.

Oh and I dont cheat in MP only in campaigns after I've completed them.

Rattlesnake_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#17 Rattlesnake_8
Member since 2004 • 18452 Posts
Nope.. i dont use cheats.. if a level is to hard i try out different strategies and will eventually get through it.
aliblabla2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 aliblabla2007
Member since 2007 • 16756 Posts
I used to, but not anymore.
GodLovesDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 GodLovesDead

[QUOTE="GodLovesDead"]I cheat multiplayer, but never singleplayer.DanielDust

Want to meet somewhere at a beer or something? I'll bring the axe, torch and rifle ;).

Sounds like a party. But seriously - cheating in a singleplayer for me ruins the experience. I never cheated in singleplayer games and never will. When I cheated multiplayer games, it was mainly at first to screw with my friends and "rage" some servers out of boredom. But then at one point I discovered that a quarter of the players out there cheat as well (which becomes obvious once you've cheated yourself because you know what to look for). I cheat online on most Source games at the moment simply because Valve screwed up. I'm simply not going to play with a bunch of people who have the upper hand on me. But besides that, I don't cheat.

Daytona_178

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Daytona_178
Member since 2005 • 14962 Posts
I sometimes cheat on singleplayer games but never on multiplayer!
Unknown_Hero3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Unknown_Hero3
Member since 2008 • 7269 Posts
the only time i cheat is when im messin around with some buddys on GTA4
Avatar image for deactivated-5b5d7639964d6
deactivated-5b5d7639964d6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 deactivated-5b5d7639964d6
Member since 2008 • 8225 Posts

I don't, but Valve appears to think that everyone does.

thusaha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 thusaha
Member since 2007 • 14495 Posts
Sometimes.
ADG_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#25 ADG_
Member since 2003 • 1654 Posts
Depends on the definition of cheating Now and then I do reload in Civilization (but only when there's no way out and I could have saved it, or when I do some stupid mistake for some unknown reason) In GTA games I do use cheat codes now and then (but only AFTER saving, I never save after using a cheatcode), and the cheat codes I use are codes that makes pedestrians go nuts, gives them guns and crazy stuff like that (I wouldn't call this cheating at all) In adventure games I do read walkthroughs when I'm stuck But else I never cheat. Cheating in MP is definitely a no-no
solid_mario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 solid_mario
Member since 2005 • 3144 Posts
[QUOTE="DanielDust"]

[QUOTE="GodLovesDead"]I cheat multiplayer, but never singleplayer.GodLovesDead

Sounds like a party. But seriously - cheating in a singleplayer for me ruins the experience. I never cheated in singleplayer games and never will. When I cheated multiplayer games, it was mainly at first to screw with my friends and "rage" some servers out of boredom. But then at one point I discovered that a quarter of the players out there cheat as well (which becomes obvious once you've cheated yourself because you know what to look for). I cheat online on most Source games at the moment simply because Valve screwed up. I'm simply not going to play with a bunch of people who have the upper hand on me. But besides that, I don't cheat.

You are naive and you have no skills at all. You are just a little kid who is upset that people are just plain better than you.
name294

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 name294
Member since 2007 • 1463 Posts
I admit...I cheat on age of mythology multiplayer...I use ajax spawn, but I guess thats okay since the game is almost dead, usually no more than 700 people online
gamerguy845

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 gamerguy845
Member since 2007 • 2074 Posts
Sometimes I use a walkthrough to help me with a tough game, and rarely do I cheat to get past a level
PlzDuntBanMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 PlzDuntBanMe
Sometimes I use a walkthrough to help me with a tough game, and rarely do I cheat to get past a levelgamerguy845

Yea, walkthroughs are a great source if you don't want to cheat
Kuyt19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#30 Kuyt19
Member since 2007 • 856 Posts
Sometimes on SP, but never on MP.
Avatar image for smokeydabear076
smokeydabear076

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#31 smokeydabear076
Member since 2004 • 22109 Posts
These days I never cheat the first time through a game, but I might cheat when I'm finished with it and I just want to screw around as for online, I cheated once a really long time ago and it was really stupid (and funny at the same time)... I'll never do it again though.
Skeptomania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#32 Skeptomania
Member since 2004 • 8104 Posts
The only time I cheat is in singleplayer when it's just not fun to keep trying over and over again to pass a level that's annoyingly hard. I've run in to that a few times with an RTS game or two. Right now i'm thinking of looking for cheats to STALKER because i'm trying to pass a mission that is bugged. I'm supposed to help a group of Stalkers klill some bandits and then collect a reward. Well, the guy who is supposed to give me the reward keeps getting killed and the bandits keep coming in bunches after the mission is supposed to be over.
SaintJimmmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 SaintJimmmy
Member since 2007 • 2815 Posts

i love my girlfriend but i scored with Ginana @ Bangkok....does it count?Jinroh_basic

i lol'd

but no i love getting owned mercisly

Forerunner-117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Forerunner-117
Member since 2006 • 8800 Posts

Feel free to use all the cheats you want in single player, but don't use cheats/hacks/exploits in multiplayer.BassMan

My thoughts exactly.

BLKR4330

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#35 BLKR4330
Member since 2006 • 1698 Posts
[QUOTE="DanielDust"]

[QUOTE="GodLovesDead"]I cheat multiplayer, but never singleplayer.GodLovesDead

So you somehow think that cheating actually makes the game more fair? Because that's what it sounds like and let me tell you that that logic is seriously flawed. I prefer to play a game based on reflexes, skill, tactical insight, etc. not on who's the better hacker.

How does cheating in mp not ruin the experience like you say it does in single player? Everything you achieve is pretty much meaningless and you often kill other players gameplay experience too. I applaud your honesty, but I have a very hard time understanding the logic behind cheating when there's nothing at stake except having fun..

fatshodan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 fatshodan
Member since 2008 • 2886 Posts

I never, ever, ever use cheats. Not even 'fun' cheats - even after having finished the game.

But I have no problem with other people cheating provided it's not affecting anyone else's gaming experience.

ScreaminFish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 ScreaminFish
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
After done with sp to mess around some sure, but mp whats the point?
The_PC_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 The_PC_Gamer
Member since 2003 • 2910 Posts
Only in single player, if I get stuck or want something fun to try out
GodLovesDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 GodLovesDead
[QUOTE="GodLovesDead"][QUOTE="DanielDust"]

[QUOTE="GodLovesDead"]I cheat multiplayer, but never singleplayer.solid_mario

You are naive and you have no skills at all.

You are naive. I feel sorry for you being so ignorant and assumptuous. I played CS and CS:S in Cal and I could easily dominate anyone here from Gamespot. Right now I just pub for fun - and if you think no one cheats - you'd be suprised. You'll find a handful of cheaters in every server because Valve has made wallhacking too damn easy.

[QUOTE="GodLovesDead"][QUOTE="DanielDust"]

[QUOTE="GodLovesDead"]BLKR4330

So you somehow think that cheating actually makes the game more fair?

How does cheating in mp not ruin the experience like you say it does in single player? Everything you achieve is pretty much meaningless and you often kill other players gameplay experience too.

I never said cheating makes multiplayer more fair. Not even close. Multiplayer is never fair. And cheating in MP doesn't ruin the experience because when you cheat - you are cheating not only yourself, but you're cheating everyone else on the server. It's not to seem better (because I do better without cheats than I do with), but it's just for fun.

As for why I never cheat in SP but I cheat in MP - it's because I think singleplayer games are easy enough. The only hard time I have playing singleplayer games is in adventure games like Myst. I always play the hardest difficulty setting in every game I play. Cheating in SP shortens the length of time you'll get out of it, while cheating in MP prolongs the length of time I get out of it because it's a completely different way to play the game.

A lot of people wonder what's the point in cheating in MP. I think of it the other way around - why cheat in SP?

-Shooter-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 -Shooter-
Member since 2006 • 4295 Posts
Depends on what game, for example The Sims.. I can't stop cheating on that game :|
KwonBoAsoCool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 KwonBoAsoCool
Member since 2008 • 89 Posts
some games that are hard or too scary for me , then i would use some cheat to aid me. for example Doom 3
sayor85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 sayor85
Member since 2006 • 36 Posts
sometimes..but actually it depends on the game..if i can't advance to the next level or stage then i will use cheat..
en-z-io

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#43 en-z-io
Member since 2004 • 3390 Posts
No, it just ruins the experience.
Avatar image for floridaskater05
floridaskater05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 floridaskater05
Member since 2005 • 1876 Posts
i use god mode in crysis single player :D dunno if you can in multiplayer.. but i wouldnt if you could. the game is so much more fun with godmode and unlimited ammo
FUBAR24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#45 FUBAR24
Member since 2005 • 12185 Posts
only games i have ever cheated in are the Grand Theft Auto games
Fishbrain8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#46 Fishbrain8
Member since 2008 • 679 Posts

I play the game through and then I'll use cheats for fun.

jjj13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#47 jjj13
Member since 2005 • 2399 Posts
Cheating is for people who are horrible at gaming imo.
kelep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 kelep
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

well i use modification cheats with half-life. like the shotgun barrel shoot 9999 bullets with 1 barrel. i mean how kan you have fun in half-life without those kind of things? those are cheats too. or spawning a npc to fight, or all those kind of things.

evrybody has cheated before ,glitch or just a simple bug you know about

Palantas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#49 Palantas
Member since 2002 • 15329 Posts
No, not with any regularity. I might cheat briefly just to goof off, but I never do to actually beat a part of a game.
zeus_gb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#50 zeus_gb
Member since 2004 • 7793 Posts

If I get really stuck in a single player game and i've done everything I can think of then I will look it up in an FAQ or use a trainer/cheat.

I don't use cheats/hacks/aimbots/exploits in multi-player games. When you win a game fairly you get a sense of achievement that you simply can't get if you cheat.