do crysis and crysis warhead support 360 controllers

This topic is locked from further discussion.

dstv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 dstv
Member since 2007 • 1384 Posts

and if so what are the system requirements

fetelth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 fetelth
Member since 2008 • 130 Posts

http://www.google.ca/search?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&channel=s&hl=en&q=does+crysis+support+controller&meta=&btnG=Google+Search

http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&safe=off&client=firefox-a&channel=s&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&hs=YaE&q=crysis+requirements&btnG=Search&meta=

DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 DanielDust
Member since 2007 • 15402 Posts
Yes. As much as you can give it. At least 1.8 ghz dual core processor, at least an 8600GTS/9600GT, at least 1 gb of RAM, 2 if you have Vista.
Baranga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 Baranga
Member since 2005 • 14217 Posts

Yes, all Games For Windows titles support it.

I read that the 360 controller is perfectly tweaked for Crysis.

Avatar image for deactivated-60678a6f9e4d4
deactivated-60678a6f9e4d4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#5 deactivated-60678a6f9e4d4
Member since 2007 • 10077 Posts
I think they do, but why would you want to plug in a controller? A mouse and keyboard are much easier to use, and I think you'll get raped with a 360 controller.
fatshodan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 fatshodan
Member since 2008 • 2886 Posts

do crysis and crysis warhead support 360 and if so what are the system requirementsdstv

Does that mean that if Crysis didn't support the 360 pad you wouldn't play it? I mean, I'm into the whole to each their own vibe, but... really? No pad no play? For a FPS?

dstv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 dstv
i simply prefer to use the 360 controller ,i have the adapter for 360 controllers and 4 controllers
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#8 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
Keyboard + Mouse. 'Nuff said.
Johnny_Rock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 Johnny_Rock
Member since 2002 • 40314 Posts

i simply prefer to use the 360 controller ,i have the adapter for 360 controllers and 4 controllersdstv

I did too at one poiont. Then I found out how vastly superior the mouse + keyboard scheme is.

johnny27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 johnny27
Member since 2006 • 4400 Posts
why not go play on a console if u want play fps with a gamepad :P
dstv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 dstv
i do have a 360 but i just got a new pc and crysis isnt on the 360...also all games for windows are free online so i just get the free online games on my pc instead
JP_Russell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 JP_Russell
Member since 2005 • 12893 Posts

i do have a 360 but i just got a new pc and crysis isnt on the 360...also all games for windows are free online so i just get the free online games on my pc insteaddstv

I hope you don't mean what it sounds like you might mean.

GodLovesDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 GodLovesDead
Member since 2007 • 9755 Posts
The 360 controller works for Crysis just fine. The problem is that you can't change any of the controls though, which is what I wanted to do immediately. Another notable thing is that Crysis with the controller feels so much less laggy than with the mouse.
artiedeadat40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#14 artiedeadat40
Member since 2007 • 1695 Posts
Why would you play Crysis with a gamepad?
JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

[QUOTE="dstv"]i do have a 360 but i just got a new pc and crysis isnt on the 360...also all games for windows are free online so i just get the free online games on my pc insteadJP_Russell

He means GFW(Games for Windows LIVE) you know that crappy service built by microsoft>_>

nevereathim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 nevereathim
Member since 2006 • 2161 Posts
[QUOTE="JP_Russell"]

[QUOTE="dstv"]i do have a 360 but i just got a new pc and crysis isnt on the 360...also all games for windows are free online so i just get the free online games on my pc insteadJangoWuzHere

He means GFW(Games for Windows LIVE) you know that crappy service built by microsoft>_>

No, I think he means keyboard and mouse sucks plus the 360 game pad is better

GodLovesDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 GodLovesDead
Member since 2007 • 9755 Posts

Why would you play Crysis with a gamepad?artiedeadat40

Because it's fun?

JP_Russell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 JP_Russell
[QUOTE="JP_Russell"]

[QUOTE="dstv"]i do have a 360 but i just got a new pc and crysis isnt on the 360...also all games for windows are free online so i just get the free online games on my pc insteadJangoWuzHere

Oh, right, he meant that you don't have to pay for multiplayer (on the PC). Gotcha.

fetelth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 fetelth
Member since 2008 • 130 Posts

[QUOTE="artiedeadat40"]Why would you play Crysis with a gamepad?GodLovesDead

Because it's fun?

lrn2comprehension? WHY is it fun?
BeavermanA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 BeavermanA
Member since 2003 • 2652 Posts
Sigh, I'm glad I grew up when there weren't any fps on consoles. Never thought about it, but all these people that use controllers, makes me realize why so many people think I aimbot in games.
artiedeadat40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 artiedeadat40

[QUOTE="artiedeadat40"]Why would you play Crysis with a gamepad?GodLovesDead

Because it's fun?

Ill stick to my keyboard and mouse. I could understand for some games, but an fps?

dbowman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#22 dbowman
Member since 2005 • 6836 Posts

Why would you play Crysis with a gamepad?artiedeadat40

I guess it's more challenging. Almost like adding your own extra difficulty level.

shalashaska88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#23 shalashaska88
Member since 2005 • 3198 Posts
[QUOTE="GodLovesDead"]

[QUOTE="artiedeadat40"]Why would you play Crysis with a gamepad?artiedeadat40

Because it's fun?

Ill stick to my keyboard and mouse. I could understand for some games, but an fps?

To each his own. It's perhaps better for those who are used to playing FPSes on consoles, since Crysis' mouse and keyboard scheme is more complex than most shooters out there.

Still, I think K&M is the best way to play Crysis.

artiedeadat40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 artiedeadat40
Could you imagine playing an fps online with a gamepad. Man, you would get taken advantage of so bad.
shalashaska88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#25 shalashaska88
Member since 2005 • 3198 Posts

Could you imagine playing an fps online with a gamepad. Man, you would get taken advantage of so bad.artiedeadat40

Especially in Crysis. Keeping your accuracy on your enemies is one thing, and add the fact that they have those crazy nanosuit powers makes a much more uphill task for these guys.

ReddestSkies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 ReddestSkies
Member since 2005 • 4087 Posts

[QUOTE="artiedeadat40"]Why would you play Crysis with a gamepad?dbowman

I guess it's more challenging. Almost like adding your own extra difficulty level.

I play it with keyboard-only. And only one hand. With my monitor closed, only relying on sound. More challenging that way.

JP_Russell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 JP_Russell
[QUOTE="dbowman"]

[QUOTE="artiedeadat40"]Why would you play Crysis with a gamepad?ReddestSkies

I play it with keyboard-only. And only one hand. With my monitor closed, only relying on sound. More challenging that way.

You play with your hand? Psshh. Wuss. Real men use their armpit hairs.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26645 Posts
The game has a setup automatically for controllers. I bought a controller(Logitech Chillstream) for like 20 bucks for racing games and fighting games and such, and I tried it just to see if it worked and I didn't even have to set the controls.
IMaBIOHAZARD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#29 IMaBIOHAZARD
Member since 2008 • 1464 Posts

ugh. Playing Crysis (or any PC fps) with a gamepad is a complete disgrace to it. Like taking a dump on it or something REALLy bad. I mean, one of the things that makes PC fps games great is how much better they do with a mouse and keyboard!

I'm sorry, but that's just how I see things - I played Halo 3 at a friends house the other day (stop with those shouts of "blasphemer!" i don't own a console!) and was only reminded y i was a pc gamer. the analog sticks just moved the guns much too slow for me.

not to say gamepads don't have their place on the PC - sports games, sims, racers...they all perform much better with analog sticks and bumpers. But not an FPS. I strongly urge EVERYONE, and i mean everyone, to use a mouse and keyboard exclusively when playing an FPS on the PC.

Jamex1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Jamex1987
Member since 2008 • 2187 Posts

ugh. Playing Crysis (or any PC fps) with a gamepad is a complete disgrace to it. Like taking a dump on it or something REALLy bad. I mean, one of the things that makes PC fps games great is how much better they do with a mouse and keyboard!

I'm sorry, but that's just how I see things - I played Halo 3 at a friends house the other day (stop with those shouts of "blasphemer!" i don't own a console!) and was only reminded y i was a pc gamer. the analog sticks just moved the guns much too slow for me.

not to say gamepads don't have their place on the PC - sports games, sims, racers...they all perform much better with analog sticks and bumpers. But not an FPS. I strongly urge EVERYONE, and i mean everyone, to use a mouse and keyboard exclusively when playing an FPS on the PC.

IMaBIOHAZARD

The TC asked two straight forward questions and you typed all of that? rofl

yes the game supports the 360 controller with force feedback and the requirements should be on the official website. Some poeple don't know how to answer questions without going off on a tangent.

Vampyronight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#31 Vampyronight
Member since 2002 • 3933 Posts
[QUOTE="IMaBIOHAZARD"]

Jamex1987

The TC asked two straight forward questions and you typed all of that? rofl

yes the game supports the 360 controller with force feedback and the requirements should be on the official website. Some poeple don't know how to answer questions without going off on a tangent.

Exactly- instead of just answering his question (he didn't even ask if it plays well with a gamepad), people just go off on their kb/m tangent. If I had asked, I sure as heck don't care what you think of gamepads compared with kb/m. Just answer the question and the thread can die.

Bananadude505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Bananadude505
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

Maybe like me he has developed chronic RSI from to much game time using a mouse, its quite common. Yes using a mouse and keyboard MAY be better for FPS but the controller is great to give the RSI a break to heal.

At the end of the day you cant really say that a mouse+keyboard set up is better as its all about adapting your reflexes so if you play long enough on one or the other you will be able to play perfectly fine, it doesnt matter.

Only real advantage with keyboard are all the extra buttons.

mahlerite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 mahlerite
Member since 2006 • 543 Posts
you will get dominated by any decent player who uses a KB and mouse configuration.
Falconoffury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Falconoffury
Member since 2003 • 1722 Posts
Crysis has no aim correction. It is like a weak form of autoaim which Halo games and other shooters on consoles have. I don't see how anyone can really get used to aiming with a gamepad without aim correction.
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#35 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

360 controller works with both crysis and crysis warhead.

i hated the conrols for crysis with the 360 gamepad, but i tried the controller when i got warhead and it seems better this time around.

Just need a 360 controller that is wired and itll work.

I still prefer a keyboard and mouse, but its cool that they have the optino for the 360 controller to be used.

JP_Russell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 JP_Russell

Maybe like me he has developed chronic RSI from to much game time using a mouse, its quite common. Yes using a mouse and keyboard MAY be better for FPS but the controller is great to give the RSI a break to heal.

Bananadude505

You realize controllers are even worse for RSI than mice. :?