Do Any Of You Use A Gaming Keyboard?

• 80 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Herrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Herrick
Member since 2004 • 4549 Posts

I just ordered this http://www.nvnews.net/reviews/wolfking_gaming_keyboard/images/keyboard_b.jpgwhich is a Wolf King Timber Wolf gaming keyboard. It looks pretty cool and the reviews for it are good. It seems to be just what I'm looking for and they say it'sa quiet keyboard.

My current logitech wireless keyboard is damned loud. So which "gaming" keyboards do you mangs use?

Bi the way, I was not sure where to post this. This technically isn't a hardware question and people always post about gamepads on this forum and I never see mods moving those threads, so I figured it would be all right to post it here.

Orcishman05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Orcishman05
Member since 2006 • 210 Posts
nope, just use a regular old fashion keyboard. Spend to much money on my PC, no money left over for such luxuries.
ct_l33t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 ct_l33t
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
No i use an economical keyboard. But its pretty expensive though. It's also really quiet and comfortable
Herrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Herrick

No i use an economical keyboard. But its pretty expensive though. It's also really quiet and comfortable ct_l33t

Hey mang. What's the name of that keyboard?

Avatar image for deactivated-5efed3ebc2180
deactivated-5efed3ebc2180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 deactivated-5efed3ebc2180
Member since 2006 • 923 Posts

Umm, i don't use 'WASD' for gaming, i'm used to arrows and sorrounding keys - you know, oldschool gamer:)

I'm gonna buy new keyboard soon - Logitech G11, though it has almost same interface/button placementlike the current one...

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -6

#6 madrocketeer
Member since 2005 • 10591 Posts
Please excuse my opinion, but what a ghastly looking thing over there. I personally use a Saitek Eclipse: http://www.saitekusa.com/usa/prod/eclipse.htm Sleek, simple, nothing too outlandish, and the keys have a nice feel to them. And it's backlit (I got the red edition). Ooh glowy!
Digital_Cowboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Digital_Cowboy
Member since 2007 • 203 Posts
look at razer for your keyboard and mouse needs.
mert15_2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 mert15_2004
Member since 2005 • 122 Posts
I dont use any gaming keyboard or mouse. I don't understand why you spend too much on gaming things. You just need good pc and games that's all.;) I got a reg mouse and when i bought my pc, it came with a hp keyboard and it works fine. But i liked the picture of that keyboard. It looks cool , perhaps i get one someday. We will see.
xcryonicx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9 xcryonicx
Member since 2006 • 1294 Posts
That keyboard actually looks pretty sweet...I'd like to get one of those Saitek Eclipse II's one day but my Microsoft Media Pro works just fine for the mean time. How much did that run you?
frizzyman0292

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 frizzyman0292
Member since 2007 • 2855 Posts
Please excuse my opinion, but what a ghastly looking thing over there. I personally use a Saitek Eclipse: http://www.saitekusa.com/usa/prod/eclipse.htm Sleek, simple, nothing too outlandish, and the keys have a nice feel to them. And it's backlit (I got the red edition). Ooh glowy!madrocketeer
That is what i use.
madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 madrocketeer
That keyboard actually looks pretty sweet...I'd like to get one of those Saitek Eclipse II's one day but my Microsoft Media Pro works just fine for the mean time. How much did that run you?xcryonicx
Well, my Eclipse is equivalent to about $60, but that's because I don't live in the U.S. Over at Newegg, Eclipses go for ~$40 while Eclipse IIs are about $50-$55
xcryonicx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12 xcryonicx
Member since 2006 • 1294 Posts
Good stuff. But I probably won't ever get one unless my current just flat out craps out on me :P
StephenHu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#13 StephenHu
Member since 2003 • 2852 Posts
I use a PS/2 sony vaio keyboard that came with this VAIO, I'm looking into getting a g15, i want a keyboard that doesnt feel stiff and takes relatively little pressure to press on the keys
madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 madrocketeer
Well, I don't normally invest any emotional attachment to electronic hardware, but I personally absolutely love my Eclipse. It has everything I want in a keyboard, and when it craps out, whenever that may be, I'm going to replace it with another Eclipse or Eclipse II. Simple as that.
Herrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Herrick

Please excuse my opinion, but what a ghastly looking thing over there. I personally use a Saitek Eclipse: http://www.saitekusa.com/usa/prod/eclipse.htm Sleek, simple, nothing too outlandish, and the keys have a nice feel to them. And it's backlit (I got the red edition). Ooh glowy!madrocketeer

That looks cool and the lighting is a great idea. If I knew of this keyboard before, I would may have chosen it. Are the keys pretty quiet?

I don't understand why you spend too much on gaming things. You just need good pc and games that's all.;)mert15_2004

I was looking for a new keyboard 'cause the wireless Logitech I've been using for the past year and a half has gotten very loud and annoying.

Avatar image for deactivated-6489064584842
deactivated-6489064584842

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 deactivated-6489064584842
Member since 2007 • 102 Posts
No, me I just use a regular keyboard. I spend so much money on my PC that a new keyboard doesn't seem necessary to me to play any of this recent games. I have played games inn the same keyboard for about 4 years or more.
Jagg3d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17 Jagg3d
Member since 2007 • 773 Posts
no I use a Logitech laptop profile keyboard
RK-Mara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 RK-Mara
Member since 2006 • 11489 Posts
I use Saitek Eclipse, but I wouldn't call it a gaming keyboard.
Nitrous2O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Nitrous2O
Member since 2004 • 1813 Posts

I use Saitek Eclipse, but I wouldn't call it a gaming keyboard.RK-Mara

That's the keyboard I use also

oscar530

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 oscar530
Member since 2005 • 4430 Posts
No, use my good old IBM keyboard but I use a Logitech G5 Mouse love it sooo much
madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 madrocketeer
That looks cool and the lighting is a great idea. If I knew of this keyboard before, I would may have chosen it. Are the keys pretty quiet?Herrick
The keys on my Eclipse have this very nice soft feel to them. I would consider that pretty quiet.
l-_-l

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 l-_-l
Member since 2003 • 6718 Posts

I just ordered this http://www.nvnews.net/reviews/wolfking_gaming_keyboard/images/keyboard_b.jpgwhich is a Wolf King Timber Wolf gaming keyboard. It looks pretty cool and the reviews for it are good. It seems to be just what I'm looking for and they say it'sa quiet keyboard.

My current logitech wireless keyboard is damned loud. So which "gaming" keyboards do you mangs use?

Bi the way, I was not sure where to post this. This technically isn't a hardware question and people always post about gamepads on this forum and I never see mods moving those threads, so I figured it would be all right to post it here.

Herrick

I use this------------>http://www.ideazon.com/us/products/zboardgamingkeyboard.asp

You get the base and can change the keyboard. They have alot of different keypads. Just look around the site and bit and you will see what I mean.

doubutsuteki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#23 doubutsuteki
Member since 2004 • 3425 Posts

nope, just use a regular old fashion keyboard. Spend to much money on my PC, no money left over for such luxuries.Orcishman05

Heh. That's what I always do; spend money on the things that matter and keep the old mouse, keyboard and monitor. My current keyboard and mouse are like 12 years old. They work well still, and I like them. Most new keyboards I've tried are inferior to my old AT-keyboard without windows buttons, and I like it without windows buttons - I always hated them. I might want to go for a USB mouse soon though. ;)

GTJimmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 GTJimmy
Member since 2006 • 807 Posts

SAITEK ECLIPSE FTW!!!11!SHIFT1

but no rly, saitek makes top notch shiet

doubutsuteki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 doubutsuteki

SAITEK ECLIPSE FTW!!!11!SHIFT1

but no rly, saitek makes top notch shiet

GTJimmy

Really? I've been seeing lots of negative reviews of Saitek products.

henri1960

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 henri1960
Member since 2005 • 2755 Posts
I use the one that came with the PC.
madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 madrocketeer
Really? I've been seeing lots of negative reviews of Saitek products.doubutsuteki
Depends on the product. Saitek mice, joypads, steering wheels and lower joysticks are pretty meh. The 1600 dpi optical mouse is okay if you're on a budget. But both the Eclipse and Eclipse II have received very good reviews, as has the X52 flight gear. Man, the X52 gear has so many bells and whistles about the only thing left is gold-plated hat switches.
Ranger_x8b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#28 Ranger_x8b
Member since 2002 • 5840 Posts
I use Ideazon's Merc Keyboard. Giant WASD keys FTW!
NamelessPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 NamelessPlayer
Member since 2004 • 7729 Posts
No, use my good old IBM keyboardoscar530
Is that, by any chance, the old IBM Model M? As for me, I don't really have any keyboards worth talking about. However, I do plan to get a Logitech G15 with the new PC I'll buy very soon. (As for the mouse, I'll just keep my 2005-era G5 with the single thumb button.)
Vicarious-Odin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#30 Vicarious-Odin
Member since 2006 • 73 Posts

Absolutely love my Logitech G15. It has been through hell and back, and works flawlessly after so much punishment. The only result of its constant use seems to be the black stripping off a few of the keys, causing me to have a few clear, unlabelled bright-blue keys here and there. (Which actually look quite funky 8))

Best investment I've made in a keyboard for a while. Errr, Probably the only investment I've made in a keyboard, considering before this I've usually just gone with the cheapo's!:D

doubutsuteki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 doubutsuteki

[QUOTE="oscar530"]No, use my good old IBM keyboardNamelessPlayer
Is that, by any chance, the old IBM Model M? As for me, I don't really have any keyboards worth talking about. However, I do plan to get a Logitech G15 with the new PC I'll buy very soon. (As for the mouse, I'll just keep my 2005-era G5 with the single thumb button.)

Hehe, a friend of mine still uses that old keyboard. It has a built in speaker and everything. ;)

concord9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 concord9
Member since 2003 • 949 Posts

Love my Logitech G15

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/keyboards/keyboard/devices/180&cl=ca,en

doubutsuteki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 doubutsuteki

[QUOTE="doubutsuteki"]Really? I've been seeing lots of negative reviews of Saitek products.madrocketeer
Depends on the product. Saitek mice, joypads, steering wheels and lower joysticks are pretty meh. The 1600 dpi optical mouse is okay if you're on a budget. But both the Eclipse and Eclipse II have received very good reviews, as has the X52 flight gear. Man, the X52 gear has so many bells and whistles about the only thing left is gold-plated hat switches.

Alright.

I'm more interested in this mouse though:

Everglide g-1000

Everglide g-1000

Seems great, and costs little too.

19chevelle72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 19chevelle72
Member since 2007 • 186 Posts
You know theres programs out there that can make your crappy DELL mouse have more DPI and hence you dont need a gaming mouse... your money though
doubutsuteki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 doubutsuteki

You know theres programs out there that can make your crappy DELL mouse have more DPI and hence you dont need a gaming mouse... your money though19chevelle72

I want to see a program that can give me 1600 DPI on a PS/2 interface. As I said earlier I don't have a USB mouse. Besides, I'm interested in that particular mouse because it is more traditionally designed than most of today's mice and because it looks comfortable.

As for its price: it is about $30. Not exactly expensive.

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 madrocketeer
[QUOTE="doubutsuteki"] Alright. I'm more interested in this mouse though: Everglide g-1000Everglide g-1000 Seems great, and costs little too.

Well if you want really cheap, then that might do. My biggest concern would be comfort, though. Man, I couldn't believe the difference in comfort between a cheap optical mouse and my old Microsoft Intellimouse Optical. Make sure that mouse is comfortable for you to use. Currently, I use a G7 wireless. Very pricey, but I find it well worth not having to tug any chords every 15 minutes.
You know theres programs out there that can make your crappy DELL mouse have more DPI and hence you dont need a gaming mouse... your money though19chevelle72
Yes there is, but it's all in software - the same way Saitek was able to achieve 1600dpi in their mouse even though it had a 1000dpi sensor.
PotatoSan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 PotatoSan
Member since 2005 • 3491 Posts
saitek eclipse. but I got it because it was 20 bucks, not because I was willing to dish out a lot of money for unnecessary blue lights. Good keyboard though. I don't like the silver keys and black base though, wish it was the other way around like the other saitek keyboard.
webby1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#38 webby1
Member since 2004 • 4014 Posts
[QUOTE="madrocketeer"]Please excuse my opinion, but what a ghastly looking thing over there. I personally use a Saitek Eclipse: http://www.saitekusa.com/usa/prod/eclipse.htm Sleek, simple, nothing too outlandish, and the keys have a nice feel to them. And it's backlit (I got the red edition). Ooh glowy!frizzyman0292
That is what i use.

Heh same here i got a few different keyboard though but thats what i use on my pc mostly
RK-Mara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 RK-Mara

Besides, I'm interested in that particular mouse because it is more traditionally designed than most of today's mice and because it looks comfortable.

doubutsuteki

It looks more comfortable, but it isn't.

doubutsuteki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 doubutsuteki
[QUOTE="doubutsuteki"]

Besides, I'm interested in that particular mouse because it is more traditionally designed than most of today's mice and because it looks comfortable.

RK-Mara

Which mouse would be more comfortable?

Kh1ndjal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Kh1ndjal
Member since 2003 • 2788 Posts
i use a gaming mouse but not a gaming keyboard. my keyboard is an office-style one buy fine for games, i plan on getting a gaming keyboard if it's not too expensive
RK-Mara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 RK-Mara
[QUOTE="RK-Mara"][QUOTE="doubutsuteki"]

doubutsuteki

Any of those weird looking gaming mouses. Trackballs are actually the most comfortable, but you can't play with them. Gaming mouses are designed so that you can play for hours without a break :D Razer and Logitech make the best gaming mouses, but they also have different desings. You should try yourself which one fits your hand better.

Anthony9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#43 Anthony9000
Member since 2006 • 2173 Posts

i use the sleek and hot G15 keyboard.....

http://hardware.gotfrag.com/files/upload/galleryimage_10043_f.jpg

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 madrocketeer
I once considered getting a G15, but found it a bit overkill for my use, and way too big for my desk. Still, nice keyboard, though. Very pricy.
Impulsive20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Impulsive20
Member since 2007 • 449 Posts

Umm, i don't use 'WASD' for gaming, i'm used to arrows and sorrounding keys - you know, oldschool gamer:)

WESTBLADE

me too......! ,

i have a microsoft digital media pro keyboard and a logitech Mx518 gamer mouse

Amir_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Amir_1
Member since 2003 • 2372 Posts
man I thought everyones ganan be using G15... I like it..
ToughyIRE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 ToughyIRE
Member since 2006 • 106 Posts
G15 + Razor diamondback mouse!
DieselCat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 DieselCat18
Member since 2002 • 3006 Posts

8)

I have the Saitek Eclipse with blue back-lit keyboard....which I like very much...... Types well, looks great. Has a vey clean design and is very durable.

If I were to go to a strictly gaming keyboard I would try the Logitech G11, but as it stands now I'm very happy with the Saitek..........8)

doubutsuteki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 doubutsuteki
[QUOTE="doubutsuteki"][QUOTE="RK-Mara"][QUOTE="doubutsuteki"]

RK-Mara

Any of those weird looking gaming mouses. Trackballs are actually the most comfortable, but you can't play with them. Gaming mouses are designed so that you can play for hours without a break :D Razer and Logitech make the best gaming mouses, but they also have different desings. You should try yourself which one fits your hand better.

I've seen plenty of negative reviews of Razer mice. Logitech makes good mice in my experience - but they are expensive. And none of their budget mice don't look comfortable enough.

Trackballs are useless to me.

DieselCat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 DieselCat18
Member since 2002 • 3006 Posts
[QUOTE="RK-Mara"][QUOTE="doubutsuteki"][QUOTE="RK-Mara"][QUOTE="doubutsuteki"]

doubutsuteki

It looksmore comfortable, but it isn't.

I've seen plenty of negative reviews of Razer mice. Logitech makes good mice in my experience - but they are expensive. And none of their budget mice don't look comfortable enough.

Trackballs are useless to me.

I have a Razor Plasma Diamondback....looks great, has a very fast response time and very accurate....but it takes a lot of getting use to, for me anyways. It's awkward and not as comfortable as my previous Logitech MX-700, MX-510 and 518and has caused some discomfort in my right thumb which took awhile to get over....all in all it's still a very good gaming mouse.