Divinity 2.. Anyone else excited?

• 54 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 0

#1 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

Anyone else really excited for this game? Its comign out in North America soon (Jan), I know its been out in Germany for awhile now, but man I cant wait for this game!

Divine Divinity was one of my all time favorite rpgs, it had a great story, a cool game world, good voice acting, amazin music and was very fun!

Divinity 2 has been getting great review so far which is making me even more excited! January has Mass Effect2 and Divinity 2 coming! Woot!

- 88% = "We can confidently state that Divinity 2 has turned out to be a very enjoyable game that fans of the genre will no doubt delight in finishing. Character development and human-to-dragon gameplay account for many hours of fun, draped in beautiful graphics. Dragon Age Origins is no match for this one!"

- 90% = "Divinity II is a very solid game, and all that Gothic 3 should have been."

- 88% = "It was a long wait for Divinity II but it was worth it. It's a solid RPG in a wonderfully constructed world. It's alive and bustling; fighting is well-designed and novelties like 'mindread' are actually a surplus instead of some gimmick. Flying around like a dragon, spewing fire is the icing on the cake."

- 83% = "It's not a perfect game, but the surprise of the year: A lot of great gameplay, lots of fresh ideas and a lot of fun. You may like some things more than others, but where else can you annoy a dragon again and again by shouting the name of his nemesis?"

- 82% = "Divine Divinity 2: Ego Draconis is an insider tip of Larian Studios. It's like Divine Divinity – with better graphics and a story where you can`t quit."

- 82% = "Belgian developers have managed to pull out of the hat an excellent role-playing game. Less extreme than Risen and less ****c than Dragon Age, Divinity II - Ego Draconis is able to give an interpretation not revolutionary, but definitely cool to the genre, providing many hours of fun to fans and proposing an adventure accessible to novices. The excellent soundtrack added to the peculiar characterization of the various characters, plunges you into the world of Rivellon making very difficult to go back to the real."

- 80% = "A nice RPG with good characters and an intense storyline. The only flaw is that it takes to long to get going."

- 80% = "An excellent ARPG that takes the best elements of Divine Divinity and updates them in a imaginative game full of flavor and personality. Engaging combat system, a rich character development, interesting sidequests... all that are the bricks of a very solid game that could be even better without some major problems, like the ending."

- 80% - "Divinity 2 is a pleasant surprise. Is a solid RPG with a funny gameplay and a nice and genuine proposal."

- 100% (user review on this one, the rest are websites/magazines) = "A serious contender for RPG of the year, and definitely the best RPG I've played in a long long time! The dialogs and characters are very well written, there's a lot of humour (can't remember the last time I laughed that much in front of my computer!), and the many choices you get everytime make the game a pure joy from beginning to end. The combat is very dynamic, with a solid strategic depth, customisation is everywhere! The story is epic and a lot more mature than most RPGs, and the balance between serious and funny quests is thoroughly polished. I can't think of any bad thing to say about the game, yes the ending is a little... shocking, but I'm certain the developers have a lot of great ideas left and I will now eagerly for the sequel!"

Anyone else really looking forward to this sequel to the great Divine Divinity?

I know I sure am excited for it!!!!

The first one was very underrated and a ton of fun!

Daytona_178

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 Daytona_178
Member since 2005 • 14962 Posts

Ah, i remember playing divine divinity years ago...and i also remember the sequal being pretty ****! I hope this has a similar feel to the original :)

xxadonisxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#3 xxadonisxx
Member since 2007 • 515 Posts
let's see if it can overcome the great gameplay of dragon age.. hey kozzy, it's your turn to post screenshots in your thread... i have plenty more to share, but i cannot post if no one else post after me :)
Volatility

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 63

#4 Volatility
Member since 2009 • 239 Posts

i played and finished the german version.

the game is awesome, the best rpg after DA:Origins this year

Crimsader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 Crimsader
Member since 2008 • 11672 Posts

Very very greedy game. I couldn't play it even on low with 8800GTS :|

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#6 dakan45
Member since 2009 • 18819 Posts

Volatility
How hard is it?
Varny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Varny
Member since 2009 • 263 Posts

Looks like another boring generic RPG to me.

rzepak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 rzepak
Member since 2005 • 5758 Posts

Polish PC magazine gave Divinity 2 a 3/10. These are people who like RPGs. They say the world is very confining and linear, the story is rubbish, development of the character is horrible, nonintuitive interface, unexceptional graphics.

Jinroh_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Jinroh_basic
Member since 2002 • 6413 Posts

i watched this a while ago, and obviously it didn't impress me....

Jinroh_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Jinroh_basic
Member since 2002 • 6413 Posts

Crimsader

are you serious? that's ridiculous.....

Jd1680a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#11 Jd1680a
Member since 2005 • 5960 Posts
Yes, I am definitely getting this game. This is a great time for RPG fans with Risen and Dragon age already released and Mass Effect 2 and Divinity II soon to be available early next year.
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 kozzy1234

Volatility

Thanks for the info bud!

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 kozzy1234

Yes, I am definitely getting this game. This is a great time for RPG fans with Risen and Dragon age already released and Mass Effect 2 and Divinity II soon to be available early next year. Jd1680a

I agree 100% bud!

Bizarro987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Bizarro987
Member since 2008 • 109 Posts

already have it since last month but didnt get far decided to play other games like dragon age first

thegamebmw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 thegamebmw
Member since 2007 • 144 Posts

Still waiting here in the US. Comes out in just a few weeks. Looking forward to seeing how this game turns out though.

Hate_Squad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16 Hate_Squad
Member since 2007 • 1357 Posts

[QUOTE="Crimsader"]

Jinroh_basic

are you serious? that's ridiculous.....

nope something's wrong with his computer or he is lying.Ihave a mere p4@ 3,00 ghz 2bg ram and a 7800 gtx and can easily play it on low with no stuttering or slowdowns

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts

Buying 100%. Loved the demo despite its faults. Awesome, but flawed RPG, kinda like Risen, which I love. Jan. 5th can't come soon enough.

NoctisCaelum52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 NoctisCaelum52
Member since 2009 • 1359 Posts
As long as it's an RPG, YES !
OoSuperMarioO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 OoSuperMarioO
Member since 2005 • 6539 Posts

I actually thought me and DanielDust were the only ones discussing Ego Draconis. If you are seeking a fantastic musical score then this game does not dissapoint, it's some of the best constructed scores for a videogame.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z519s_Q-W18

Kh1ndjal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Kh1ndjal
Member since 2003 • 2788 Posts
i played the demo for a bit, and i must say, it seems like a pleasent surprise. i thought it would go the way of sacred 2 but it seems much better than that. i found the voice acting to be very appropriate in the demo. i can't put my finger on it, but firstly, the characters i've met so far seem to have been given a voice that suits them perfectly. the voice acting itself i can't decide upon as i havent played enough but so far i see nothing wrong with it. the story seems to be not-as-cliche and the mindreading mechanic will surely be a lot of fun. Ego draconis is looking promising. also, the reviews of the EU version are a big indicator :P
BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 BioShockOwnz

I actually thought me and DanielDust were the only ones discussing Ego Draconis. If you are seeking a fantastic musical score then this game does not dissapoint, it's some of the best constructed scores for a videogame.

OoSuperMarioO

I love the music. Anyone gotta link to the music in the second town in the demo? It's got a really catchy part with some whistling.

EDIT: Found it!

Starting at 00:57, love it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyGeRVvW6cs&feature=related

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 kozzy1234

OoSuperMarioO

Your not the only ones bud, Divine Divinity is one of my all time favorite games on any system in my 24 years of gaming.

So yes im VERY VERY excited for Divinity2, the first was a masterpeice and super underrated imo!

Just a heads up for those who have not played Divine Divinity... its REALLY cheap on IMPULSE!

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 BioShockOwnz

Divine Divinity was excellent. Beyond Divinity was trash, though.

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 kozzy1234

Divine Divinity was excellent. Beyond Divinity was trash, though.

BioShockOwnz

Yeah Beyond definatly wasnt nearly as good as Divine Divinity but I wouldnt call it trash though.

Divine Divinity = 10/10 for me

Beyond DIvinity = 7/10 for me

When compared to Divine Divinity, its definatly a huge letdown. I found that the first 3 hours where terrible for Beyond Divinity, but after the first 3-4 hours it started to pick up a bit. Still nowhere near Divine Divinity though.

Cant wait to try Divinity 2! Looks so awesome!

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 kozzy1234

Buying 100%. Loved the demo despite its faults. Awesome, but flawed RPG, kinda like Risen, which I love. Jan. 5th can't come soon enough.

BioShockOwnz

Hell yeah, I definatly agree 100% bud. Risen was so much fun I thought to.

I jsut preordered Divinity2! CANT WAIT TILL the 5th! :D

carlosjuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 carlosjuero
Member since 2008 • 1254 Posts

[QUOTE="OoSuperMarioO"]

kozzy1234

Your not the only ones bud, Divine Divinity is one of my all time favorite games on any system in my 24 years of gaming.

So yes im VERY VERY excited for Divinity2, the first was a masterpeice and super underrated imo!

Just a heads up for those who have not played Divine Divinity... its REALLY cheap on IMPULSE!

Really cheap on GoG.com as well - 5.99 regularly, 4.49 w/ the holiday sale :)
nocturial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 nocturial
Member since 2007 • 240 Posts

that's funny cuz it happens that i just finished reading Divinity 2 review.. If what they say about this title is true then it's very buggy with bad graphics, shallow story, bad interface, and the way you improve your character is terrible... the final score was 3/10... source: CD-ACTION magazine. So far they've never been wrong, so i think i'll skip Divinity 2...

pecanin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 pecanin
Member since 2008 • 863 Posts

[QUOTE="kozzy1234"]

[QUOTE="OoSuperMarioO"]

carlosjuero

Really cheap on GoG.com as well - 5.99 regularly, 4.49 w/ the holiday sale :)

Agree Divine Divinity was good ,Beyond Divinity even better,but Divinity 2 is hard as nails

anybody who likes casual game run from this one :D

one more thing

Beyond Divinity was second so how come this one has number 2 in the name ? :?

illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 564

#29 illmatic87
Member since 2008 • 17935 Posts
I saw a copy here in GAME (Australia) which came to my surprise, too hesitant to pick it up, I think this thread may just have tipped me over for a purchase.
Kh1ndjal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Kh1ndjal
Member since 2003 • 2788 Posts

Beyond Divinity was second so how come this one has number 2 in the name ? :?

pecanin
i think for the same reason gta4 is not gta6
thegamebmw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 thegamebmw

Yeah there are quite a few games that don't necessarily go in cronilogical order when they name the game lol. Either way this game looks like it will be pretty good. Played a little bit of the demo yesterday and it wasn't bad.

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 kozzy1234

that's funny cuz it happens that i just finished reading Divinity 2 review.. If what they say about this title is true then it's very buggy with bad graphics, shallow story, bad interface, and the way you improve your character is terrible... the final score was 3/10... source: CD-ACTION magazine. So far they've never been wrong, so i think i'll skip Divinity 2...

nocturial

Thats only one review.. let me share some other reviews for you...

1. 90% = Divinity II is a very solid game, and all that Gothic 3 should have been.

2. 88% = It was a long wait for Divinity II but it was worth it. It's a solid RPG in a wonderfully constructed world. It's alive and bustling; fighting is well-designed and novelties like 'mindread' are actually a surplus instead of some gimmick. Flying around like a dragon, spewing fire is the icing on the cake.

3. 85% = The wait to live as a dragon has been worth it.

4. 83% = It's not a perfect game, but the surprise of the year: A lot of great gameplay, lots of fresh ideas and a lot of fun. You may like some things more than others, but where else can you annoy a dragon again and again by shouting the name of his nemesis?

5. 82% = Divine Divinity 2: Ego Draconis is an insider tip of Larian Studios. It's like Divine Divinity – with better graphics and a story where you can`t quit.

6. 82% = Belgian developers have managed to pull out of the hat an excellent role-playing game. Less extreme than Risen and less classic than Dragon Age, Divinity II - Ego Draconis is able to give an interpretation not revolutionary, but definitely cool to the genre, providing many hours of fun to fans and proposing an adventure accessible to novices. The excellent soundtrack added to the peculiar characterization of the various characters, plunges you into the world of Rivellon making very difficult to go back to the real.

7. 80% = Despite some technical problems and a not so complex lore, Divinity 2: Ego Draconis provides a well crafted mix between RPG elements and action.

8. 80% = Larian Studios have managed to create good quests that make fun because of all the odd characters and the great self-depreciating humor. But at the same time the game lacks comfort, so that the player has to have a lot of patience in order to see the end.

9. 80% = A nice RPG with good characters and an intense storyline. The only flaw is that it takes to long to get going.

10. 80% = An excellent ARPG that takes the best elements of Divine Divinity and updates them in a imaginative game full of flavor and personality. Engaging combat system, a rich character development, interesting sidequests... all that are the bricks of a very solid game that could be even better without some major problems, like the ending.

11. 80% = Divinity 2 is a pleasant surprise. Is a solid RPG with a funny gameplay and a nice and genuine proposal.

12. 80 = Very long life span is only one of the many pros Ego Draconis has to offer. Fresh dialogues, sense of humor, dragon form and good story together with "diablesque" playability create a first-rate RPG to remember.

Looks like alot of people are enjoying it to me based on those 12 reviews.

On Metacritic the lowest review is 60%.. while the highest is 90%. With most of the reviews being at 80%.

Avatar image for Game-over-death
Game-over-death

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Game-over-death
Member since 2008 • 27 Posts

@ nocturial
What site did you get that review from is my question, thats the lowest score I've heard and the rest were 7+

OoSuperMarioO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 OoSuperMarioO
Member since 2005 • 6539 Posts

There's a trailer that was shared today.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/lands-of-divinity-ii/60323

Gladestone1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Gladestone1
Member since 2004 • 5695 Posts

The demo isnt bad..Graphically its sweet looking..Its got some fun points..This was on the xbox..Im sure my pc will make it 10 times better..Story wise you no fedex quests..Point system is ok kind of uses like diablo type thing..Purchase skill points..There was 8 i think across the board..One was for sword one for dragon slayer, one for magic, a few others..Game could be better than what there saying..Demo didnt really show much..Just basic beginner stories...

nocturial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 nocturial
Member since 2007 • 240 Posts

@ nocturial
What site did you get that review from is my question, thats the lowest score I've heard and the rest were 7+

Game-over-death

that review was not on a website but in the magazine... if want to see the review i can make a scan for you... however it won't be of any use to you i'm afraid, since it's written in polish... :PP

thegamebmw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 thegamebmw

I haven't picked up the game yet, but they sure have come up with some cool stuff to get ppl excited lol. I just read about a contest that they are starting today. Didn't really catch many of the details though, cuz I was so distracted by the prizes lol. check it out. http://www.honorofrivellon.com/index.php

rmfd341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 rmfd341
Member since 2008 • 3808 Posts
I was excited for this game until Baranga told me not to get it, he said it was too difficult, etc etc, but you topic has lit the fire inside my gamer heart again bud, thank you a lot.
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 kozzy1234

I am downloading the game now from Impulse!
Its downloading very very fast to!
I cant wait to play it!

Have a docters appointment to go to now and when I get back it should be done downloading!

I honestly have been waiting years and years for this game!
Divine Divinity was one of my all time favorite rpgs and I cant wait for this one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 kozzy1234

I was excited for this game until Baranga told me not to get it, he said it was too difficult, etc etc, but you topic has lit the fire inside my gamer heart again bud, thank you a lot.rmfd341

No problem bud, I hope you give the game a try, the first one was epic.

I hear it is a little on the hard side, but imo thats good and will make the game last longer/master.

Lithos_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#41 Lithos_
Member since 2008 • 1017 Posts

We finally got the English version.

Already played through and beaten the awesome Risen.

Playing the awesome Dragon Age now.

And hell yes, I'm gonna play Divinity 2. I'm quite sure it will be an awesome experience as well. The first one was. ;)

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 kozzy1234

We finally got the English version.

Already played through and beaten the awesome Risen.

Playing the awesome Dragon Age now.

And hell yes, I'm gonna play Divinity 2. I'm quite sure it will be an awesome experience as well. The first one was. ;)

Lithos_

Hell yeah bud, I enjoyed Risen alot and Dragon Age was my GOTY. Two great rpgs imo and I cant belive neither got RPG of the year, ohh well.

Divinty2 looks great! I enjoyed the demo and tried the 360 version for about 30mins today.. im 95% done downloading the PC versino now!
Will post screenies and inpressions later!

TheCrazed420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 TheCrazed420
Member since 2003 • 7661 Posts
Its a really good game, I like it better than I did Risen.Mostly because of the fresher gameplay, the more expanded character customization, and quality of sidequests.
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 kozzy1234

Game is soooo fun!

- Great story

- Very good combat/gameplay

- So far good voice acting

- Nice gameworld

- Lots of missions (main and interesting side quests to)

Only thing that could be improved are the graphics and pressentation. Other then that, everything else is done extremely well.

It starts off a bit hard and some might find boring, but it picks up after the first hour or two.

Definatly reccomend this game!

Reminds me of Dragon Age, Risen/Gothic, The Witcher and Divine Divinity combined.

mismajor99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#45 mismajor99
Member since 2003 • 5671 Posts
How is the combat in Divine? Is it anything like Risen? I didn't particularly like Risen's combat, but I do however love the combat in Sacred/Diablo/Titan Quest. Which is this more in common with? I'm about to pull the trigger on STEAM......
RyuRanVII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 RyuRanVII
Member since 2006 • 4257 Posts
It's a decent action-RPG, but I was disappointed because it's nowhere near as good and creative as Divine Divinity.
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 kozzy1234

It's a decent action-RPG, but I was disappointed because it's nowhere near as good and creative as Divine Divinity.RyuRanVII

Its not as unique as Divine Divinity or as good art direction, but I think its still very good. Its got a good story and good combat, with tons of missions to do, not much more I could ask for other then a little better graphics, art direction and presentation.

Divine Divinity is one of my fav rpgs ever so I was worried this would be a huge dissapointment, im enjoying it alot though so far!

Defiantly agree with you that its not quite as creative as Divine Divinity, but it is still a blast to play for me at least.

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 kozzy1234

How is the combat in Divine? Is it anything like Risen? I didn't particularly like Risen's combat, but I do however love the combat in Sacred/Diablo/Titan Quest. Which is this more in common with? I'm about to pull the trigger on STEAM......mismajor99

The combat is good imo. It reminds me of parts of Divine Divinity, The Witcher, Dragon Age, Sacred and Gothic/Risen. Has some things that remind me of those games.

Avatar image for Game-over-death
Game-over-death

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Game-over-death
Member since 2008 • 27 Posts

speaking of reminders... The boys and girls at Larian got a new contest, for anyone who feels the need to be the first to complete kick Div's Butt and get swag for it... http://www.honorofrivellon.com/index.php
First to complete 100% of the achievements gets the prizes listed above, best of luck to you gents, your gonna need it >:P

GPAddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#50 GPAddict
Member since 2005 • 5964 Posts

Is anyone else getting a black screen when going resolutions higher than 1024x768?

I can only run it properly at 1024x768, if I go higher, the game still runs but I cant see anything, everything is black. I know its just a demo, but wondering if anyone else experiencing this.