DirectX 10.1 on games

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DustinBroke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 DustinBroke
Member since 2011 • 34 Posts
I was wondering about this but will any of these games will take advantage of the DirectX 10.1? The Sims 2 The Sims 3 Doom 3 Quake 4 Crysis 1 and 2 StarCraft 2 If non of those games will take advantage what games will use them? Thanks
NailedGR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 NailedGR
Member since 2010 • 997 Posts

Why do you want DX 10.1 so bad?

menes777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 menes777
Member since 2003 • 2643 Posts

Out of all those games, only Crysis 1 utilitizes DX10. A google search does wonders though. :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_games_with_DirectX_10_support

DustinBroke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 DustinBroke
Why I am asking is since my Intel HD video card on my notebook has DirectX 10.1 now. It use to have 10.0 but since I updated the drivers from Intel it now has 10.1. But are you saying Crysis uses DirectX 10.1? I just wanted to see the difference now that I have 10.1 and compair it to what I use to have. I thought the Crysis 2 would use 10.1 also. But I dont' know. I been using 10.0 for a long time and wanted to see the difference now that I have 10.1.
GummiRaccoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 GummiRaccoon
Member since 2003 • 13799 Posts

Why I am asking is since my Intel HD video card on my notebook has DirectX 10.1 now. It use to have 10.0 but since I updated the drivers from Intel it now has 10.1. But are you saying Crysis uses DirectX 10.1? I just wanted to see the difference now that I have 10.1 and compair it to what I use to have. I thought the Crysis 2 would use 10.1 also. But I dont' know. I been using 10.0 for a long time and wanted to see the difference now that I have 10.1.DustinBroke

Don't bother getting excited about intel integrated graphics. The DX version is the least important factor here.

DustinBroke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 DustinBroke
Well the Intel HD graphics card is playable since I do play games like SC2 and Crysis 2 and beat the game many times. It may not be the worlds best performing card but it's actualy pretty good. Someone said that having DirectX 10.1 gives 30% more performance on games. But I just wanted to know if really it would make a difference when having a video card that is 10.1. I have a Sony notebook I got last year and I do play games like Quake 4, Doom 3, The Sims 2 and 3, Crysis 2, SC2.
jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

Why I am asking is since my Intel HD video card on my notebook has DirectX 10.1 now. It use to have 10.0 but since I updated the drivers from Intel it now has 10.1. But are you saying Crysis uses DirectX 10.1? I just wanted to see the difference now that I have 10.1 and compair it to what I use to have. I thought the Crysis 2 would use 10.1 also. But I dont' know. I been using 10.0 for a long time and wanted to see the difference now that I have 10.1.DustinBroke

What is the difference between DX 10.0 and DX 10.1? Probably not much if any. I'd say DX11 is where there are newer features to separate it from DX10.

DustinBroke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 DustinBroke
So I guess DirectX 10.1 and 11 are really different. I thought they were alike or about the same. Well are you saying that there is no difference at all? So why did they make 10.1 is it's no different from 10.0? Are you sure there is not difference in the two? So forsure that 10.1 is not like 11?
wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

DX10 was a pimple on the butt of gaming. An afterthought, of sorts. it didnt do what it claimed to and barely any games use it, let alone use i properly. DX11 is the real deal, doing exactly the things 10 was supposed to, like bring much faster performance. Many games skipped 10 entirely and offer 9 or 11

Also of note, no intel graphics chip is "good" they are all trashy for playing games. Just because it says it supports DX10, doesnt make it good. in fact, find a game that uses it, like Crysis Warhead, and turn on DX10, and watch the mushroom cloud as your system detonates

DustinBroke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 DustinBroke
LOL I been playing games like Crysis 2 for long time since when it first came out and my system didn't fry. As I said Intel HD isn't as bad as you think it is. Of cource it's not the best card out there but it plays pretty well for a IGP. It's like a entry level card meaing a low end dedicated video card. So of cource it's not going to perform like a high end cards like those cards that costs $100 or more. This is like a card that is around $40 or less so it's an entry level card. So I know I can't expect it to perform the best.
DustinBroke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 DustinBroke
But eatherway does that mean that DirectX 10.1 isn't like 11 at all? I thought it was since someone has said that it's like 11. Or maybe he was saying it's very close to 11.
GummiRaccoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 GummiRaccoon
Member since 2003 • 13799 Posts

You must be playing at 800x600.

No one believes your claims.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 wis3boi

You must be playing at 800x600.

No one believes your claims.

GummiRaccoon
no monitor at all, he plays by audio cues
DustinBroke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 DustinBroke
As I said this is a low end card so it's not going to perform like a mid range or high end card. So yes of cource it will have to be on the lowest settings to play well. Just like a normal entry level card. I have played Crysis 2 on a card that was $40 and it plays the same as my Intel HD. So yes it is on the lowest settings.
topsemag55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#15 topsemag55
Member since 2007 • 19063 Posts
So I guess DirectX 10.1 and 11 are really different. I thought they were alike or about the same. Well are you saying that there is no difference at all? So why did they make 10.1 is it's no different from 10.0? Are you sure there is not difference in the two? So forsure that 10.1 is not like 11?DustinBroke
DX 10 was made by Microsoft to get people to upgrade from XP to Vista. It didn't work very well - instead gamers were angry that MS didn't give DX 10 to XP. I'm surprised you're gaming with an Intel graphics chip, I've been gaming with Nvidia graphics cards since 2005.
DustinBroke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 DustinBroke
Ya I was always wondering why I was not able to find a download for DirectX 10 for Windows XP. Since I use to own Windows XP and I wanted to use DirectX 10 since that time Windows Vista was out but I was unable to find that upgrade file. So I guess Microsoft is being rude and trying to take our money since we need to upgrade to Windows Vista or 7 to get DirectX 10 or 11. I did also notice that alot of Microsoft programs need latest Windows to run it for example Internet explorer 9 needs Windows 7 and Vista and XP won't run it. That kinda sucks. Well I kinda wonder what is better actualy on DirectX 10.1 vs 10.0 since there got to be something better or maybe almost like DirectX 11.
wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 wis3boi
Ya I was always wondering why I was not able to find a download for DirectX 10 for Windows XP. Since I use to own Windows XP and I wanted to use DirectX 10 since that time Windows Vista was out but I was unable to find that upgrade file. So I guess Microsoft is being rude and trying to take our money since we need to upgrade to Windows Vista or 7 to get DirectX 10 or 11. I did also notice that alot of Microsoft programs need latest Windows to run it for example Internet explorer 9 needs Windows 7 and Vista and XP won't run it. That kinda sucks.DustinBroke
XP is almost 10 years old, cant cling to the past for so long
DustinBroke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 DustinBroke
Well my mom's desktop still have Windows XP and so you can't really use the latest Microsoft programs since it's old OS. It would of been nice if she can use Internet explorer 9 but unless there's is a way to trick it and make the program think it's using Windows 7 then there is not way to use it.
topsemag55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#19 topsemag55
Member since 2007 • 19063 Posts
Well I kinda wonder what is better actualy on DirectX 10.1 vs 10.0 since there got to be something better or maybe almost like DirectX 11.DustinBroke
You're looking at this as a major update, when it isn't. The difference between 10.0 and 10.1 is very simple - something was patched, that's all.:)
Marfoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Marfoo
Member since 2004 • 6002 Posts
The few games that did use DirectX 10.1 did get a slight boost, but it wasn't 30%. They got a boost because DirectX10.1 included some new instructions that elimnated an entire framebuffer to implement some effects. Other games I know that use 10.1 are: Assassins Creed (Prepatch) HAWX Battlefield 3