Deus Ex Human Revolution Scores A 94! Deus ex 1 got a 95!

• 70 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

creaturemagic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 creaturemagic
Member since 2010 • 641 Posts

http://beefjack.com/news/worlds-first-deus-ex-human-revolution-review-drops/So there you have it folks, intrested at all? Well then it seems its worth your money! Remembering that PC gamer gave Deus Ex 1 a 95 and continue to call it "the best game ever" 94 seems reallly really good. Discuss!

skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts
They also decided Dragon Age 2 was worth 94% Ahem. Yes, PC Gamer.
BigBoss154

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 BigBoss154
Member since 2009 • 2956 Posts

They also decided Dragon Age 2 was worth 94% Ahem. Yes, PC Gamer.skrat_01

What a shame.

mkaliaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 mkaliaz
Member since 2004 • 1979 Posts

Hmmm, this is a good sign, but after all this IS pc gamer (LOL @ DA2 score) so I will wait for more credible reveiews.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10566 Posts

i will never take them seriously again after the "by god, it's incredible! 94/100" on the back of the far cry 2 box

Avatar image for deactivated-635601fd996cc
deactivated-635601fd996cc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 deactivated-635601fd996cc
Member since 2009 • 4381 Posts

i will never take them seriously again after the "by god, it's incredible! 94/100" on the back of the far cry 2 box

Macutchi
Well it wasn't that far off. And plus, this is a PC gaming magazine, you just know that they've played the original and think this is almost as good as the first.
gameofthering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 gameofthering
Member since 2004 • 11286 Posts

Is Deus Ex Human Revolution a steam game?

kris9031998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8 kris9031998
Member since 2008 • 7554 Posts

Is Deus Ex Human Revolution a steam game?

gameofthering
Yes, so that is why im going to buy it via D2D since i have a 25% off code :P
LUMIN4RY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 LUMIN4RY
Member since 2011 • 416 Posts

Yea it's on Steam, looks good!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#10 1076751
Member since 2008 • 328 Posts

I am waiting for user review on amazon and other site, I don't trust reviews from game sites anymore...

DavalPrestor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 DavalPrestor
Member since 2010 • 125 Posts

I am waiting for user review on amazon and other site, I don't trust reviews from game sites anymore...

This. I think there is too much going on behind the scenes at big gamesites that we arent aware off.
AlphaJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 AlphaJC
Member since 2010 • 712 Posts

Pc gamer has been giving out scores lately, they gave dragon age 2 a 94, gave the turd of a game Duke nukem an 80, i mean really? Do they need money that bad? They are a PC gaming site and yet they have Gamefly ads on their site, they also used to have Xbox 360 ads along with kinect crap, along with gamestop ads. Wheres the AMD and intel add love PC gamer, whres the Nvidia ads. Joke of a site. That site is nothign more than a bunch of fanobys and nerds complaining on every article post.

gameofthering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 gameofthering
Member since 2004 • 11286 Posts

Pc gamer has been giving out scores lately, they gave dragon age 2 a 94, gave the turd of a game Duke nukem an 80, i mean really? Do they need money that bad? They are a PC gaming site and yet they have Gamefly ads on their site, they also used to have Xbox 360 ads along with kinect crap, along with gamestop ads. Wheres the AMD and intel add love PC gamer, whres the Nvidia ads. Joke of a site. That site is nothign more than a bunch of fanobys and nerds complaining on every article post.

AlphaJC

That confuses me. In my PC Gamer magazine they gave it a 29 (UK) I think DNF should be around 70.

AR-15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 AR-15
Member since 2003 • 261 Posts

Wow, I have always respected PC Gamer's opinions on games, but I am shocked to hear that they gave Duke Nukem Forever an 80.

I have seen them give far better games a lower score than that, and while I realize that game reviews are nothing more than one man's opinion, it is very hard to accept that a reviewer from PC Gamer honestly feels that DNF deserved an 80.

Game reviewers (and the sites and magazines that they work for) are already on thin ice when it comes to gamers trust in them, and stuff like this doesn't help their case.

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

[QUOTE="Macutchi"]

ocstew

Well it wasn't that far off. And plus, this is a PC gaming magazine, you just know that they've played the original and think this is almost as good as the first.

It was VERY far off.

These guys are not very reliable reviewers. Most of their reviews come first so they give big scores to look good

AlphaJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 AlphaJC

[QUOTE="AlphaJC"]

gameofthering

That confuses me. In my PC Gamer magazine they gave it a 29 (UK) I think DNF should be around 70.

PC US gave it an 80, the reveiw is up on the site. I am not even joking. My jaw dropped when I saw that crap, almost as bad as gamesradar giving Darkest of Days an 8/10 as well.

AlphaJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 AlphaJC
They also gave Deus Ex human Revolution an 83 back int eh day, which was super consolized and garbage. Lets hope Deus Ex:HR reflects the UK review score
Darth_Kane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Darth_Kane
Member since 2006 • 2966 Posts

While I've no doubt HR will be great, PC gamer usually gets gets paid by publishers to hype games by giving them big scores (they're usually the first ever review for that game). The DA2 review (9.4) was released several days before the game even went gold. Their credibility is zero

GeneralShowzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#19 GeneralShowzer
Member since 2010 • 11598 Posts
It's not because I have a Deus Ex icon but I think that's the scores it will get across the board.
AlphaJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 AlphaJC
Pc gamer is owned by a big publishing company called Future Publishing, which publishes official Xbox magazine, Playstation 3 magazine, PC format, Mac format, CVG, games radar (eeeeewww), along with a plethora of other magazines and sites. Yeah PC gamer is a joke, thats why I go to Giantbomb and Gamespot, and destructoid. They seem to be more level headed, (destructoid is troll journalism which is funny) and GiantBomb is the best Independent Review site out there today.
AlphaJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 AlphaJC

It's not because I have a Deus Ex icon but I think that's the scores it will get across the board.GeneralShowzer

Lets hope it does and that the game truly reflects it, I want another deus ex sooo bad.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts
[QUOTE="skrat_01"]They also decided Dragon Age 2 was worth 94% Ahem. Yes, PC Gamer.

......now that's just discouraging
Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Macutchi

[QUOTE="Macutchi"]

ocstew

it was a mile off lol. minus 50 points and you'd be in the ballpark.

i hope the game's good but i won't get my hopes up based on just their review

TruedUp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 TruedUp
Member since 2002 • 691 Posts
I dont think its possible for this game to be worse than Invisible War, and I still sorta enjoyed that one. Heres to hoping this turns out as great as they say!
carlosjuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 carlosjuero
Member since 2008 • 1254 Posts
I have watched quite a few videos on YouTube showing gameplay of the "leaked" preview build and.. well, lets just say it gets things right that IW got horribly wrong. From the looks of it the PC interface is... wait for it... optimised for PCs! Shocker, I know [damn you IW]. They brought back much of what made Deus Ex 1 awesome in my eyes - the levels look pretty large [IW was broken up into far to many enclosed chunks to make it easier for the console to digest] and there are tons of things to explore and avenues to do things. They brought back the typing in of codes/passwords for hacking/bypassing [rather than just pointing a multi-tool at it and going or having a passcode added and just open the affected terminal/door]. There seem to be multiple ways to complete any mission [and mix and match methods without serious repurcussion - see the PCG "diaries" for some.. interesting play style choices (especially the Psycho diary)] - there are little side missions you could easily miss if you are a run'n'gunner. Just from the various official videos and the youtube videos of the unauthorized preview "leak" my hype level is actual still quite high. There is some nostalgia in the PCG review score, that is to be expected, but in the end I think this one makes up for their scoring for DA 2.
skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 skrat_01
[QUOTE="Macutchi"]

ocstew

Wasn't far off? That review was an absolute abomination, the writer overlooked the games glaring faults and inconsistencies entirely in favour of gushing. And it was of course, an early review well before other publications, so its no wonder it was out the door so soon. However the writer of the HR review, was the one who did TW2 (who scored it in the 80s, and has made it established that 94% for DA2 isn't what they had in mind at all, so I'm willing to give them a bit of credibility).
skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 skrat_01
......now that's just discouraging lawlessx
What can I say, I'm a grade A kill joy. [QUOTE="carlosjuero"]I have watched quite a few videos on YouTube showing gameplay of the "leaked" preview build and.. well, lets just say it gets things right that IW got horribly wrong. From the looks of it the PC interface is... wait for it... optimised for PCs! Shocker, I know [damn you IW]. They brought back much of what made Deus Ex 1 awesome in my eyes - the levels look pretty large [IW was broken up into far to many enclosed chunks to make it easier for the console to digest] and there are tons of things to explore and avenues to do things. They brought back the typing in of codes/passwords for hacking/bypassing [rather than just pointing a multi-tool at it and going or having a passcode added and just open the affected terminal/door]. There seem to be multiple ways to complete any mission [and mix and match methods without serious repurcussion - see the PCG "diaries" for some.. interesting play style choices (especially the Psycho diary)] - there are little side missions you could easily miss if you are a run'n'gunner. Just from the various official videos and the youtube videos of the unauthorized preview "leak" my hype level is actual still quite high. There is some nostalgia in the PCG review score, that is to be expected, but in the end I think this one makes up for their scoring for DA 2.

True, everything I've heard about the leaked build is promising, surprisingly. While I'm still irked by the complete lack of melee weapons and that focus on cut scenes, character dialogue with the players input, removing control yada yada, I'm getting the picture that it'll be genuinely good and in the spirit of Deus Ex in its own right.
cyborg100000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 cyborg100000
Member since 2005 • 2905 Posts

Pc gamer is owned by a big publishing company called Future Publishing, which publishes official Xbox magazine, Playstation 3 magazine, PC format, Mac format, CVG, games radar (eeeeewww), along with a plethora of other magazines and sites. Yeah PC gamer is a joke, thats why I go to Giantbomb and Gamespot, and destructoid. They seem to be more level headed, (destructoid is troll journalism which is funny) and GiantBomb is the best Independent Review site out there today.AlphaJC

PC Gamer make as many 'mistakes' as just about any other gaming review site/mag out there. To call them a joke for a couple of odd scores is ridiculous, they capture the PC gaming community very well, why do you think they stay in business? Also why do people state "Oh they are the ones that gave XX a score of YY". Everything they review is reviewed independently from one person.

VeNoM_JaCKaL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#29 VeNoM_JaCKaL
Member since 2011 • 82 Posts
PC Gamer like anyone - makes review scores based on its own evaluation of a games merits and problems. This will always have differencing qualities to what anyone else would see as this is human nature (we are not all the same). Nevertheless the review gives me hope that Deus Ex HR will once again cement the series as one of the greatest that ever graced the PC hall of fame and undo the damage that was Invisible War (although a good game compared to the original was a let down in my eyes)
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#30 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
[QUOTE="Macutchi"]

ocstew

Imho, they were very FAR off.
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#31 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

"[it's] absolutely the Deus Ex of our age, a genuinely worthy prequel, and a game that puts almost everything else in the genre to shame."

That is very good to hear, also have heard very good things from friedn who played the leaked beta/alpha awhile back. Cant wait to try this one!

PC Gamer has had some horrid review scores in the past, but so has EVERY single magazine/website that has ever been around. Not every review score can be what you feel it deserves.

Gladestone1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Gladestone1
Member since 2004 • 5695 Posts

"[it's] absolutely the Deus Ex of our age, a genuinely worthy prequel, and a game that puts almost everything else in the genre to shame."

That is very good to hear, also have heard very good things from friedn who played the leaked beta/alpha awhile back. Cant wait to try this one!

PC Gamer has had some horrid review scores in the past, but so has EVERY single magazine/website that has ever been around. Not every review score can be what you feel it deserves.

kozzy1234

Welcome back )..Any how im pretty excited to play this game later this coming month..Never had a chance to play the first one..Always skipped dues ex for some reason back in the day..Hopefully ill enjoy this..Yall are dissing pc gamer..Still like to read the mag..Its got some good stuff in it..Been reading for awhile now..Used to get games for windows-forget what it was called before that..They shut down an are now on the internet dont remember what site now..

Gooeykat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#33 Gooeykat
Member since 2006 • 3412 Posts

PC Gamer has zero credibility left. I just canceled my 12 month subscription and it is probably the worst magazine I've ever read. It's like it's run by high school kids or something. The editing (or lack thereof) alone make it a joke.

Prexxus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Prexxus
Member since 2003 • 1443 Posts

Well I played the leaked version and it's **** amazing to tell you the truth. I agree with the review and score completely. I seriously regret playing the damn game because the wait for my pre ordered copy just seems incredibly long and painful >.>

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#35 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

kozzy1234

Exactly! I bet if Gamespot gave it a 9.0-9.5 a lot of people will be like "Yay! Awesome." Mind you, they have forgotten about some very bad reviews from the past and in recent memory. But that goes to show how people think of things.. sad.

Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts
Doesn't prove anything considering many game nowadays get 10/10 or 9/10 and are mediocre in my eyes. While I think the new Desu ex will be a good game, i'll pass my own verdict based upon my own opinion rather then some elses.
Avatar image for deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
deactivated-57e5de5e137a4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
Member since 2004 • 12929 Posts
I preordered it, but yea, like the other cynics here...it's PC Gamer.
couly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#38 couly
Member since 2004 • 6279 Posts
They also decided Far Cry 2 was worth 94% Ahem. Yes, PC Gamer.
Avatar image for deactivated-5e376fa88bd45
deactivated-5e376fa88bd45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#39 deactivated-5e376fa88bd45
Member since 2004 • 4403 Posts

Regardless of who it came from i'm still going to be dubious of 1 score of 90+. 1 score of 90+ is meaningless these days for reviews of anything. Now if it gets that score across the board with reviewers and the gamespot user population, then i'll be substantially less guarded.

StrawberryHill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 StrawberryHill
Member since 2008 • 5321 Posts

[QUOTE="lawlessx"]......now that's just discouraging skrat_01
What can I say, I'm a grade A kill joy.
I have watched quite a few videos on YouTube showing gameplay of the "leaked" preview build and.. well, lets just say it gets things right that IW got horribly wrong. From the looks of it the PC interface is... wait for it... optimised for PCs! Shocker, I know [damn you IW]. They brought back much of what made Deus Ex 1 awesome in my eyes - the levels look pretty large [IW was broken up into far to many enclosed chunks to make it easier for the console to digest] and there are tons of things to explore and avenues to do things. They brought back the typing in of codes/passwords for hacking/bypassing [rather than just pointing a multi-tool at it and going or having a passcode added and just open the affected terminal/door]. There seem to be multiple ways to complete any mission [and mix and match methods without serious repurcussion - see the PCG "diaries" for some.. interesting play style choices (especially the Psycho diary)] - there are little side missions you could easily miss if you are a run'n'gunner. Just from the various official videos and the youtube videos of the unauthorized preview "leak" my hype level is actual still quite high. There is some nostalgia in the PCG review score, that is to be expected, but in the end I think this one makes up for their scoring for DA 2.carlosjuero
True, everything I've heard about the leaked build is promising, surprisingly. While I'm still irked by the complete lack of melee weapons and that focus on cut scenes, character dialogue with the players input, removing control yada yada, I'm getting the picture that it'll be genuinely good and in the spirit of Deus Ex in its own right.

Screw it. I shouldn't say this, but I'll be honest: I played the leak and it's good. I buy all of my games, but I had to try the leak. HR is a definite pre-order for me. HR has a lot more in common with the Deus Ex than IW. I think the full game will be a lot of fun.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#41 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58533 Posts

good. Even if theyre off by, idunno...15 points...its still a good sign!

I cannot wait for this game. It's good to be a PC gamer!

Avatar image for Gamesterpheonix
Gamesterpheonix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Gamesterpheonix
Member since 2005 • 3676 Posts
Ya...not sure if that means anything just yet. Ill wait for the other billion reviews to come around first.
V4LENT1NE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 V4LENT1NE
Member since 2006 • 12901 Posts
I wont be listening to that review, Far Cry 2 94 rofl, game was freakin terrible.
Qixote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Qixote
Member since 2002 • 10843 Posts

PC Gamer still publishes a magazine. I question the judgment of pc game critics that are stuck in yesteryear.

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#45 millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts

Why the hell do you people **** so much when they give a good score to a game you don't like. Not everyone hates the games you do. Let's get over ourselves, shall we?

Edit: Now I see someone disreagards them due to them publishing a magazine.....holy ****

Qixote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Qixote

Why the hell do you people **** so much when they give a good score to a game you don't like. Not everyone hates the games you do. Let's get over ourselves, shall we?

Edit: Now I see someone disreagards them due to them publishing a magazine.....holy ****

millerlight89

Most people here actually do want the game to be as good as PC Gamer claims it is. But they have learned from some of their past reviews that their hopes can be crushed. Most recently is probably Dragon Age 2. As for my magazine comment, have you seen a PC Gamer magazine lately? It is very thin, mostly ads. Their subscription rate has dropped substantially in the past several years. The only way they could possibly be profitable is by getting paid by large game companies to give good scores to AAA hyped titles.

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#47 millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts

[QUOTE="millerlight89"]

Qixote

Most people here actually do want the game to be as good as PC Gamer claims it is. But they have learned from some of their past reviews that their hopes can be crushed. Most recently is probably Dragon Age 2. As for my magazine comment, have you seen a PC Gamer magazine lately? It is very thin, mostly ads. Their subscription rate has dropped substantially in the past several years. The only way they could possibly be profitable is by getting paid by large game companies to give good scores to AAA hyped titles.

Hey I'm not a huge fan of them, but I don't go around downplaying their credibility because I don't see eye to eye with them on a couple of reviews. See, I understand the concept of differing opinions. Anyways about your comment, perhaps you should've said what you just replied with. Instead of downgrading them because they put out magazines. I love video game/pc hardware magazines. I guess I am stuck in yesteryear as well.
yellosnolvr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#48 yellosnolvr
Member since 2005 • 19302 Posts
not better than the original? flop confirmed. ugh im so ashamed. all joking aside, i'm actually pretty excited for this game, regardless of if reviews are good or not.
Qixote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Qixote

See, I understand the concept of differing opinions..millerlight89
As do I, which is why I felt the need to first reply to you with my differing opinion.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Macutchi

millerlight89

when a magazine rates a game you find to be terrible as "incredible" you may find yourself reluctant to get too excited about another game they rate as highly. clearly your taste differs to theirs. it's hardly an unreasonable line of thought