Deus Ex Human Revolution ROCKS!!!!

• 129 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

slabber44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 slabber44
Member since 2004 • 985 Posts
5 hrs in and all I got to say is WOW! This is how you follow up one of the best games ever. Haven't come across any issues with stability, descent frame rates even on my mediocre rig, gameplay is solid, and enemy AL is above average. I want to hear what everyone else has to say!
Code135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Code135
Member since 2005 • 892 Posts

5 hrs in and all I got to say is WOW! This is how you follow up one of the best games ever. Haven't come across any issues with stability, descent frame rates even on my mediocre rig, gameplay is solid, and enemy AL is above average. I want to hear what everyone else has to say!slabber44

Still thinking of wether I should get it. During the video review Kevin VanOrd said the game has some AI issues like standing like idiots while you move to cover infront of them ... that is in my opinion a big problem. I've played the previous games and let's face it - stealth is the hardest way to play it. But if the AI is stupid enough to not notice me - I won't waste my cash of my gaming budget and aim for something else ...

P.S. Has anyone noticed something like that and how bad is the AI ?

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#3 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

Had no issues with the AI myself and I am usually picky with AI.

Only issue I can see so far that might bug people is the graphics are not the best around and the boss fights are not very good. Other then that the game is fantastic, great gameplay, I like the AI, good atmosphere and its just good ol fun to play.

The AI has caught me many times already, its far from dumb. Might not be the best ever but its far from the worst.

If you didnt mind the AI in the first Deus Ex I doubt youll have an issue with it here,

Gamespot might ahve given it 8.5/10 but didnt Deus Ex1 get near the same score? Thats one of the best games ever with a score below 9, just like the new one. I say make up your own mind if you like the game or if certain issues are there or not.

slabber44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 slabber44
Member since 2004 • 985 Posts

[QUOTE="slabber44"]5 hrs in and all I got to say is WOW! This is how you follow up one of the best games ever. Haven't come across any issues with stability, descent frame rates even on my mediocre rig, gameplay is solid, and enemy AL is above average. I want to hear what everyone else has to say!Code135

Still thinking of wether I should get it. During the video review Kevin VanOrd said the game has some AI issues like standing like idiots while you move to cover infront of them ... that is in my opinion a big problem. I've played the previous games and let's face it - stealth is the hardest way to play it. But if the AI is stupid enough to not notice me - I won't waste my cash of my gaming budget and aim for something else ...

The only time they may stand like so called idiots, is when you are hiding. I've made the mistake of looking up over an object I was hiding behind and the AL noticed me immediately and then all hell broke loose. The AL uses cover, if noticed they get alarmed and seek you out, and they have pretty good aim. I've died a bunch of times trying to be stealthy. Is the AL perfect, NO, but it is a lot better than most of the recent fps releases I've played lately. I'm playing normal level so I would expect the AL to be hardcore playing a higher difficulty.
Avatar image for IxX3xil3d0n3XxI
IxX3xil3d0n3XxI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#5 IxX3xil3d0n3XxI
Member since 2006 • 1508 Posts
A big selling point on games for me is replayability. Does HR offer a incentive to play it more than once?
vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#6 vfibsux
Member since 2003 • 4497 Posts

The term "boss fight" is enough for me to say no.

paulie69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 paulie69
Member since 2005 • 373 Posts

Just curious...What difficulty are you guys playing on? So, I've heard that on "give me deus ex" difficulty the AI is absolutely incredible. I'm considering playing on that difficulty myself but I don't want to get my arse handed to me via "cheap difficulty spikes" such as super aiming and spamming

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 kozzy1234

A big selling point on games for me is replayability. Does HR offer a incentive to play it more than once? IxX3xil3d0n3XxI

Yes, there are multiple endings and so amny differnt ways to go about doing all the missions.

Tons of replay value this game.

If im not mistake n IGN gave it 10/10 on replayability.

TerrorRizzing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 TerrorRizzing
Member since 2010 • 4232 Posts

i like it alot too.

agpickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#10 agpickle
Member since 2006 • 3293 Posts

Can't decide between this and RO2. :cry:

Evz0rz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Evz0rz
Member since 2006 • 4624 Posts

I'm loving the game so far. Only two problems are the load times can be annoying and the game is not very dual core cpu friendly so I have to turn down a lot of options in an already not technically great game :( the art style is amazing however, just don't understand why it runs so poorly for me

Evz0rz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Evz0rz
Member since 2006 • 4624 Posts

agpickle
Thanks to gmg I got both games for around $60 :D
gameguy6700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 gameguy6700
Member since 2004 • 12197 Posts

[QUOTE="slabber44"]5 hrs in and all I got to say is WOW! This is how you follow up one of the best games ever. Haven't come across any issues with stability, descent frame rates even on my mediocre rig, gameplay is solid, and enemy AL is above average. I want to hear what everyone else has to say!Code135

The AI is better than most games actually. I've had a few moments in this game where one or two enemies would lay down suppressive fire on my cover while the rest moved around to flank me.
nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 1

#14 nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts
I don't get the AI hate, I've never been in a position thinking "they should see me but they don't" usually it's the other way around which makes it hard. I tend to reload a save when I get caught because I'm trying for mostly stealth since you get more points and it seems more rewarding. Like sometimes you get spotted then the guy searches the area, the other patrolling guard says something like "sounds like you're searching for ghosts again" It's easy to pick out flaws in AI that you spend so much time with. The only AI bug I came across was when one of them got stuck in a wall.
Avatar image for deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0
deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0
Member since 2009 • 4928 Posts

vfibsux
LOl I take it you dont play many games then. Just post on a gaming forum to hate?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0

agpickle
I guess having a job has me spoiled, I have never understood why people always have to"choose". Get both?
ndawgdrake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 ndawgdrake
Member since 2009 • 533 Posts

So far so good! Unfortunately the load times are HELL. I have 8gbs of ram and the game still takes at least 20-30 seconds to load.

Prexxus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Prexxus
Member since 2003 • 1443 Posts

The game is awsome but I have to agree the AI is pretty retarded at times. Just 5 minutes ago actually I walked into a room in plain sight and the guys inside freaked out " Did you hear that? " and started searching for me as I'm standing in front of them.

Sometimes the AI will just shoot like maniacs at a wall when they can't even see you. The AI seems to think they have a clear shot at you when theres a solid wall right in front of them =/

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#19 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

The game is awsome but I have to agree the AI is pretty retarded at times. Just 5 minutes ago actually I walked into a room in plain sight and the guys inside freaked out " Did you hear that? " and started searching for me as I'm standing in front of them.

Sometimes the AI will just shoot like maniacs at a wall when they can't even see you. The AI seems to think they have a clear shot at you when theres a solid wall right in front of them =/

Prexxus
Well, I'm glad everyone is enjoying Deus Ex HR, but this man is right. I ran into the same issues and it's a pretty big turn off. AI is very, very important to me. I would rate it about a 9.0, and I would have given it more if it weren't for what I mentioned.
PTMags

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 PTMags
Member since 2006 • 783 Posts

[QUOTE="IxX3xil3d0n3XxI"]A big selling point on games for me is replayability. Does HR offer a incentive to play it more than once? kozzy1234

Yes, there are multiple endings and so amny differnt ways to go about doing all the missions.

The thing about the replayability though is that the devs clearly favor a particular play-style. You get the most exp for non-lethal takedowns, and non-lethal tactics in general. Going through a mission using firearms and lethal tactics is going to net you far less experience. I'd be interested in seeing an end-game comparison and the differenence in exp/praxis points.

gameguy6700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 gameguy6700

[QUOTE="kozzy1234"]

[QUOTE="IxX3xil3d0n3XxI"]A big selling point on games for me is replayability. Does HR offer a incentive to play it more than once? PTMags

The thing about the replayability though is that the devs clearly favor a particular play-style. You get the most exp for non-lethal takedowns, and non-lethal tactics in general. Going through a mission using firearms and lethal tactics is going to net you far less experience. I'd be interested in seeing an end-game comparison and the differenence in exp/praxis points.

Yeah, I don't like how the experience is less for lethal actions. It's especially dumb with takedowns since there's no reason at all why you would ever use a lethal takedown unless you're roleplaying as an "everyone must die" kind of character. And if anything the lethal takedowns should give you the most experience considering that they actually carry a risk of alerting enemies in the vicinity, unlike non-lethal takedowns. I'm guessing that the reason for the exp difference between lethal and non-lethal tactics is due to the developers assuming that if you're using non-lethal tactics then you're also probably using a stealth approach and would therefore try to avoid as many enemies as possible. Thus, the higher experience gains for non-lethal KOs is probably meant to compensate for the fact that you're probably encountering only half as many (if even that many) enemies playing stealth as you would if you were playing run 'n gun. Also, it's worth noting that the first game also encouraged you to use non-lethal measures when dealing with enemies. It wasn't nearly as heavy handed as DEHR is, but it did drop a few big hints in the early parts of the game and if you completed the game without ever killing anyone you got a secret ending.
raven_squad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#22 raven_squad
Member since 2007 • 78438 Posts
I'm very pleased with the game so far. It's met my expectations, which I thought were impossibly high. :P Honestly haven't encountered any problems with the AI or anything yet... I will agree that the load times are a bit of a pain, but nothing I can't handle.
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Elann2008
I like Deus Ex Human Revolution more than the original. :o Seriously, I do. Incredible game.
Avatar image for deactivated-635601fd996cc
deactivated-635601fd996cc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#24 deactivated-635601fd996cc
Member since 2009 • 4381 Posts
I have literally never encountered an AI bug like any of you are talking about. As you can see in my sig, I actually thought the AI to be pretty damm good. Buy this game, it's awesome.
MyopicCanadian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#25 MyopicCanadian
Member since 2004 • 8345 Posts

I'm not sure what constitutes good AI, but I doubt it involves trying to shoot through a bathroom door, or having five highly trained military combat professionals just trying to pot-shot me from behind cover instead of throwing grenades, flanking, and flushing me out of cover. I also feel that using a sniper rifle indoors should bring EVERYONE out of the woodwork and on serious alert, but once I kill the people that had line of sight, everything goes back to normal.

Anyway, that being said.. the game is amazing. I haven't been so addicted to a single player game in a very long time.. its very worthy of the Deus Ex title. I hope the game's success pushes them to make a new game - same engine, but with much more refined mechanics, better augmentation system, less hacking focus.

PTMags

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 PTMags
Member since 2006 • 783 Posts

[QUOTE="PTMags"]

[QUOTE="kozzy1234"]

gameguy6700

I'm guessing that the reason for the exp difference between lethal and non-lethal tactics is due to the developers assuming that if you're using non-lethal tactics then you're also probably using a stealth approach and would therefore try to avoid as many enemies as possible. Thus, the higher experience gains for non-lethal KOs is probably meant to compensate for the fact that you're probably encountering only half as many (if even that many) enemies playing stealth as you would if you were playing run 'n gun. Also, it's worth noting that the first game also encouraged you to use non-lethal measures when dealing with enemies. It wasn't nearly as heavy handed as DEHR is, but it did drop a few big hints in the early parts of the game and if you completed the game without ever killing anyone you got a secret ending.

I get that to an extent, but it's been possible for me so far to perform a non-lethal takedown on almost every single enemy i've encountered so far. With the right augs, I think it'd be possible to get through the entire game without firing a single shot but still taking out most enemies, using non-lethal takedowns. Like you said, if anything the lethal takedowns should give more exp.

That's really my only complaint with the game so far. Everything else is perfect. I've yet to run into any issues with the AI.

Mazoch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Mazoch
Member since 2004 • 2473 Posts

Having a blast with the game. Much like the original there's a few flaws and a few quirks here and there, but they are a small price to pay for a game that isn't afraid to try to create a game with this many options.

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#28 pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

Just baught this game on Steam, im usually not interested in multiplatform games anymore because they usually just end up being consoley trash but iv heard a lot of good things about this and after reading this thread I decided to go ahead and buy it.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts
Played a few hours of it and found it really boring. What bothers me most about the game so far is that it takes too long to get started, where Deus Ex started in a couple of minute. Hopefully the game will grow on me.
ralph2190

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 ralph2190
Member since 2007 • 705 Posts

2 hours in and already loving it. I'm running at max settings and it looks freaking amazing :D

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 kozzy1234

Update for the game just came out on steam, says there are a few fixes, main one being "Up to 50% faster loading times" and "Issue for some AMD/ATI hardware crash"

Mazoch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Mazoch
Member since 2004 • 2473 Posts

Update for the game just came out on steam, says there are a few fixes, main one being "Up to 50% faster loading times" and "Issue for some AMD/ATI hardware crash"

kozzy1234

Yessssssss

The loading times is my main gripe with the game. Seeing them reduced would make things a lot more enjoyable

gameguy6700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 gameguy6700
Played a few hours of it and found it really boring. What bothers me most about the game so far is that it takes too long to get started, where Deus Ex started in a couple of minute. Hopefully the game will grow on me.KHAndAnime
The original DE's biggest problem was that it took TOO LONG to get to the good stuff in the game. A lot of people usually quit the game before finishing Liberty Island because it's so boring, not realizing that the game's actual meat doesn't start until you get into Hell's Kitchen. DEHR still takes about half an hour to get through the tutorial bs, but that's a lot better than the 2-3 hours it took to get to DE's good stuff.
gameguy6700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 gameguy6700

kozzy1234

Oh thank god. I was getting load times of nearly a minute in some levels. Now if they'll just fix a few bugs (the biggest one I encountered being that a quest later on in the game didn't activate the next step after a certain point, thus precluding me from finishing the side-quest) and optimize the game some more (I get the same performance in this game on eyefinity as I do in Crysis in eyefinity which is ridiculous) I'll be happy.

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 kozzy1234

[QUOTE="kozzy1234"]

gameguy6700

Oh thank god. I was getting load times of nearly a minute in some levels. Now if they'll just fix a few bugs (the biggest one I encountered being that a quest later on in the game didn't activate the next step after a certain point, thus precluding me from finishing the side-quest) and optimize the game some more (I get the same performance in this game on eyefinity as I do in Crysis in eyefinity which is ridiculous) I'll be happy.

12-18 I was getting, but a few of my friends and a cousin of mine were getting 45 second loading they said. This looks to give a nice boost :)

DarkblueNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 DarkblueNinja
Member since 2009 • 1016 Posts
1 more hour then I can play this game : D I hope its great as you guys say it.
Eliianar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Eliianar
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts

I want to buy this game. To bad I have several others I want to play at the moment. I will end up getting it eventually.

Qixote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#38 Qixote
Member since 2002 • 10843 Posts

I'm afraid I will have to hold out for a demo. My PC is 4 years old, and still performs very well with new games today. But I have heard nothing about performance of this game other than the long load times. So this concerns me with my pc. I will need to try before I buy.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0
I have literally never encountered an AI bug like any of you are talking about. As you can see in my sig, I actually thought the AI to be pretty damm good. Buy this game, it's awesome.ocstew
I have the game and still watched that whole trailer, that was great. Best game of the year so far for me and I am only like 6 hrs in

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0

[QUOTE="kozzy1234"]

gameguy6700

The update really worked for me, load times are non existent now.
Baranga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#41 Baranga
Member since 2005 • 14217 Posts

Oh dear, my GTX470 sits at 96 degrees while playing this... First thing I do tomorrow morning is get a new PC case - I planned to get one for months and this game pushed me over to finally do it.

Mcspanky37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Mcspanky37
Member since 2010 • 1693 Posts
[QUOTE="KHAndAnime"]Played a few hours of it and found it really boring. What bothers me most about the game so far is that it takes too long to get started, where Deus Ex started in a couple of minute. Hopefully the game will grow on me.gameguy6700
The original DE's biggest problem was that it took TOO LONG to get to the good stuff in the game. A lot of people usually quit the game before finishing Liberty Island because it's so boring, not realizing that the game's actual meat doesn't start until you get into Hell's Kitchen. DEHR still takes about half an hour to get through the tutorial bs, but that's a lot better than the 2-3 hours it took to get to DE's good stuff.

Liberty Island is the good stuff IMO
MCL0789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 MCL0789
Member since 2011 • 80 Posts

I can't describe how much awesome this game contains. I'm playing on the Deus Ex difficulty which means (by default at least) no crosshairs, the AI is awesome, and I die almost instantly. It is badass.

I think the XP balances between non lethal and lethal. If you're doing non lethal throughout the game, most likely you are skipping at least half the enemies, maybe more. So why not give out more xp? As a guns toting badass you'll be killing everybody!

The boss battles are rough, especially if you are specced for stealth, the first one in particular is really hard.

As far as replayability, multiple endings, totally different ways to spec yourself. Man this game is just awesome.

With the loading, I was put off at first, then got used to it. Then today I'm playing, then I quit for dinner and come back and I'm like wtf my loads are super fast now!

GO BUY THIS GAME! Game of the year, for me so far. Skyrim should be nervous!

cain006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#44 cain006
Member since 2008 • 8625 Posts

Hmm, you must have hated Deus Ex, because its AI was pitiful.

vfibsux

There were basically boss fights in Deus Ex, just unconvential compared to what you typically think of when you hear boss figt.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Elann2008

^ Exactly.. I'd even go as far to say that the boss fights in MGS4 were pretty lame. Great game overall, but they really felt like boss fights.. Now, boss battles in MGS3.. now THOSE were GOOD.

Lucianu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#46 Lucianu
Member since 2007 • 10347 Posts

It's very strange how remarkably similar Deus Ex 1 and Deus Ex HR are, in regards to wen they launched:

• Both have relatively mediocre AI
  • Both have mediocre graphics compared to other games
  • Both have (based on reviews and player comments from playtroughs) mediocre gunplay.
  • Both scored AA (Deus Ex scored 8.2, and Deus Ex HR scored 8.5)

And both stand infinitely above every con., because of their magnificient pros that propell the gamer to replay them forever.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Elann2008

It's very strange how remarkably similar Deus Ex 1 and Deus Ex HR are, in regards to wen they launched:

• Both have relatively mediocre AI
  • Both have mediocre graphics compared to other games
  • Both have (based on reviews and player comments from playtroughs) mediocre gunplay.
  • Both scored AA (Deus Ex scored 8.2, and Deus Ex HR scored 8.5)

And both stand infinitely above every con., because of their magnificient pros that propell the gamer to replay them forever.

Lucianu
That was beautifully said! :D
rhazzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 rhazzy
Member since 2009 • 1516 Posts

[QUOTE="vfibsux"]

Advid-Gamer

LOl I take it you dont play many games then. Just post on a gaming forum to hate?

I guess u play only crappy games...The "Boss Fight" is a term used in console gaming indrustry...but it speard in the PC gaming indrustry,along with all those crappy console ports...

Ricardo41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Ricardo41
Member since 2002 • 1046 Posts

The original deus ex didn't really have boss fights in the sense that term is understood these days. Anna, Gunther, etc. were all easily dispatched of, especially if you had the GEP gun, had maxed out your combat skills, had stocked plenty of energy cells, and had the health regen augmentation.

Nobody played the original for its stellar gunplay, graphics, or ai. All three were at best mediocre.

No, you played it and kept replaying it because of the incredible story and atmosphere and the great cast of characters.

topsemag55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#50 topsemag55
Member since 2007 • 19063 Posts
A big selling point on games for me is replayability. Does HR offer a incentive to play it more than once? IxX3xil3d0n3XxI
Yes, I'm tempted already to scrap my first game and start over, buying different augs.