Deleted my first game on steam

This topic is locked from further discussion.

skipper847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By skipper847
Member since 2006 • 7334 Posts

Well today ive deleted my very first game on steam and already deleted a second permanently after 12 years.. Well its like 3 games really which are. Skyrim legendary and Skyrim remaster. The other was oblivion and might go as far as deleting fallout 4.

If I could I would sell my steam account or gifted them and other clients games and start fresh in a year or 2. I need a break from gaming. What other good things you can do in the house. I don't get out much and don't really like going out. I don't work due to certain health issues and this is another reason why I don't want to travel far.

What other things can you do at home other then PC gaming(console). I don't like jigsaws either :P

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#2 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

Rather than ditching your steam "property" - why not just stop playing? Think of it as a good exercise in self restraint, an opportunity to break the habit.

As for other ideas that don't involve being outdoorsy - take up an instrument? I love playing music. You could also learn a new language (or 3). Personally, I'm a fan of weird craft things - take up wood etching, painting, pottery, or wooden ship modeling? There are tons of outside the box things you can do to flesh out your recreational life in place of video games if you need a break

urbangamez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By urbangamez
Member since 2010 • 3511 Posts

bonsai, painting, drawing, reading, writing, photography, crafts, music, exercising, watching movies and tv shows.

I would keep my steam account, its human nature to get tired of stuff after awhile, but after you leave it, if its something you really love, you end up missing it and wanting it back. don't try to relive the past, its not possible, its not gonna be like when you first started gaming, but that doesn't make it bad.

skipper847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 skipper847

Is that the bonsai? :P

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9397 Posts
  • Build a server for your home and set it up as a NAS and streaming service with a nice front-end for content consumption
  • Build a pfSense router and learn all about network security.
  • Get into synthesizers. Get into electronics and build your own synthesizer modules.
  • Get a Raspberry Pi or Arduino and make literally anything (just don't put it on the internet - resist the IoT)
  • Learn to program. Learn c# and write a web application
  • Get into metal fabrication. Buy a cheap, used mill/lathe and convert it to CNC.
  • Get into woodworking and try to make a guitar.

And in the times when you just don't feel like thinking too hard and just want to relax....play a video game

Avatar image for TheShadowLord07
TheShadowLord07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 TheShadowLord07
Member since 2006 • 23083 Posts

@pyro1245 said:
  • Build a server for your home and set it up as a NAS and streaming service with a nice front-end for content consumption
  • Get into synthesizers. Get into electronics and build your own synthesizer modules.
  • Get a Raspberry Pi or Arduino and make literally anything (just don't put it on the internet - resist the IoT)
  • Get into metal fabrication. Buy a cheap, used mill/lathe and convert it to CNC.

And in the times when you just don't feel like thinking too hard and just want to relax....play a video game

I want to try the first option by having my own diy nas system but it sounds complex

Yams1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#7 Yams1980
Member since 2006 • 2862 Posts

just delete the game off your pc. Deleting it off steam is retarded, its just that simple. If your really that addicted uninstall windows and install something that you can't do much gaming on like linux

Nick3306

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Nick3306
Member since 2007 • 3429 Posts

@TheShadowLord07 said:
@pyro1245 said:

I want to try the first option by having my own diy nas system but it sounds complex

Most things that are worth it are complex. Hobbies are supposed to take lots of time, lots of trial and error.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

@xantufrog said:

Rather than ditching your steam "property" - why not just stop playing? Think of it as a good exercise in self restraint, an opportunity to break the habit.

This.

urbangamez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 urbangamez
Member since 2010 • 3511 Posts

@skipper847 said:

Is that the bonsai? :P

lol

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

Think of something you'd like to learn and do a home study course. You can do a university degree without ever needing to leave your house these days.

TheShadowLord07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 TheShadowLord07

@Nick3306 said:
@TheShadowLord07 said:
@pyro1245 said:

Most things that are worth it are complex. Hobbies are supposed to take lots of time, lots of trial and error.

the only problem is finding the right case for a NAS system. I wish I could buy cases strictly for nas systems

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#13 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9397 Posts

@TheShadowLord07: I build everything in rackmount cases (except for the HTPC and main Desktop). I hope to someday have a server closet.

There are cases meant for NAS use. They typically have hot-swappable drives.

TheShadowLord07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 TheShadowLord07

@pyro1245 said:

@TheShadowLord07: I build everything in rackmount cases (except for the HTPC and main Desktop). I hope to someday have a server closet.

There are cases meant for NAS use. They typically have hot-swappable drives.

any recommendations?

skipper847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By skipper847

Just bought Raspberry Pi Sense HAT arriving tomorrow. Going to learn how to build things and learn python. I have used python in past but some years ago. I use to like altering scripts in Star Trek Bridge commander back in the day. :)

I bought a pi3 a couple week back but never used it really but going to start with this. Going to start small but want to build my own weather station in near future.

appariti0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 appariti0n
Member since 2009 • 5013 Posts

+1 for reading books/ expanding your knowledge. Not enough people do this any more.

Myself I read Psychology books, parenting, etc.

davidpaj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 davidpaj
Member since 2006 • 26 Posts

I did this many years ago, best thing I did as a gamer

@pyro1245 said:

skipper847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By skipper847

Just bought Wireless keyboard, TeckNet 2.4G Mini Wireless Keyboard With Touchpad Mouse Combo. Also bought Getting Started with Raspberry Pi: Program Your Raspberry Pi! (Dummies Junior) Paperback – 13 Jul 2016.

Can you also use that keyboard for games?. I have a x52pro and sometimes I still use the keyboard which is big and this little thing would be perfect for a couple of key presses.

Monkey_Seeker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#19 Monkey_Seeker
Member since 2014 • 59 Posts

Even those "permanently" deleted games can be recovered and restored to their account should the OP get "deleters remorse".

They just have to go through the same process but choose "it's not in my library" and you get the option to restore it again. I deleted around 300 games (yep!) around 18 months ago when they first allowed it and could still recover them all now if I wanted.

Avatar image for slimdogmilionar
slimdogmilionar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#20 slimdogmilionar
Member since 2014 • 1343 Posts

Read a book. I know it's not what people want to hear but you'd be surprised how interesting and time consuming books are compared to other forms of media/entertainment.

skipper847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 skipper847

@slimdogmilionar: For some reason reading books I don't have the imagination and most annoying is I read same line about 3 times for some reason.

skipper847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 skipper847

@monkey_seeker: I did not no that I thought you had to buy them again. I searched how to do it and now I have it back with DLC. Think that a lesson learnt. Thank you.