Dead space: Mouse Or Controller

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Dark_prince123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 Dark_prince123
Member since 2008 • 1149 Posts
Guys i heard that Dead space is a great game i want to buy it but they said that the game runs great on Controller so i have an old controller it's cheap (i bought it for 4$ ) so is it going to work okay or should i buy the 360 controller
Avatar image for hedgehogenstein
hedgehogenstein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 hedgehogenstein
Member since 2008 • 91 Posts
Mouse. The game plays flawlessly.
-Feath-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 -Feath-
Member since 2005 • 1452 Posts
Last I heard, there was a bug that made aiming with a mouse hard when you had vsync turned on. I had vsync on and didn't notice during the entire game, but if you choose to go with a mouse check out what feels better for you, vsync on or off.
Dark_prince123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Dark_prince123
Member since 2008 • 1149 Posts
Last I heard, there was a bug that made aiming with a mouse hard when you had vsync turned on. I had vsync on and didn't notice during the entire game, but if you choose to go with a mouse check out what feels better for you, vsync on or off.-Feath-
excatly i heard alot of people saing that fallout 3 is buggy but i,ve been playing it for 4 hours and it's great the game never crashed
Jamiemydearx3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Jamiemydearx3
Member since 2008 • 4062 Posts
Controller, ive used both. And my xbox 360 controller plays it better.
Avatar image for chessmaster1989
chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#6 chessmaster1989
Member since 2008 • 30203 Posts
Definitely use a mouse.
Creative

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#7 Creative
Member since 2002 • 2522 Posts
It's unplayable with VSYNC on, as soon as you turn it off you can move around just fine with mouse, but once you're in the "aiming mode" mouse sensitive is just too low. You have to lift up mouse few times to aim properly. And there's no way to jack up sensitivity.

As far as old controller, I would imagine you would need at least 2 analog sticks and 8 easily accessible buttons.
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts
VSync off.... and use mouse. I played throught the entire thing and no bugs or problems...AWESOME GAME
Synesthesia-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Synesthesia-
Member since 2008 • 62 Posts
I recommend that you use a controller or wait for a fix for these sloppy porting controls. The problem for me isn't the sensitivity, but the insane acceleration that was emulated from a controller. If I move my mouse across the mouse pad at about 1 cm per second, the cursor won't even move. The faster or slower I move the mouse, the farther or lesser the cursor moves, just like a controller. If I move a controller stick just a tiny bit, the cursor won't move, but if I ram it to a side, the cursor will move rapidly. This acceleration is feasable for controllers, since they can indefinately continue to move the cursor in any direction by just leaning the stick. However, a mouse can only move the cursor as far as the mouse pad allows. I somehow doubt V-sync is related to some peoples' issues with the mouse.
saejox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 saejox
Member since 2008 • 210 Posts
i played with mouse. i had no complaints about controls
tanerb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 tanerb
Member since 2003 • 1300 Posts

EA will not release a patch. They do not accept that there is a problem. They do not want to say, sorry we were too lazy to properly make the game for PC so they are saying we wanted PC users to have the same experience as console gamers.

People do not support this kind of treatment. Do not buy cheap ported version of console games.

Jade_Monkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#12 Jade_Monkey
Member since 2004 • 4830 Posts
I am using a mouse with Dead Space and while the aiming is a bit stiff compared to most PC games it is nothing that will ruin your experience. i am playing with Vsync on so maybe that's my problem.
YintenD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 YintenD
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts

its fine, to many babies out there want it to play like Doom3 so they wont freak out when they cant turn around fast enough to blow the legs off the necro behind them.

Turn V-Sync off and if you have a Nvidia card go in to the Nvidia control panal and Turn V-sync on under DeadSpace.

Avatar image for hedgehogenstein
hedgehogenstein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 hedgehogenstein
Member since 2008 • 91 Posts

EA will not release a patch. They do not accept that there is a problem. They do not want to say, sorry we were too lazy to properly make the game for PC so they are saying we wanted PC users to have the same experience as console gamers.

People do not support this kind of treatment. Do not buy cheap ported version of console games.

tanerb

It's not a cheap console port, though. Firstly, it's a multiplatform game, not a port, and secondly, only a small (but very vocal) percentage of the community are having problems. Which happens with all games regardless of the platforms they were released on. hedgehogenstein is annoyed with all the silly gooses blowing this way out of proportion. That EA is (purportedly) not releasing a patch is unfortunate, but at the same thing, Dead Space is the most well optimized multiplatform game hedgehogenstein has ever played.

tanerb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 tanerb
Member since 2003 • 1300 Posts

Hmm, let me think. You can not customize the controls. No hotkeys, (yest there is for quick heal which is not even shown under controls). Mouse floats all around (vsync do not help in aiming mode). Then there is stare at the ceiling and twirl around problem.You stuck in a hallway cause doors wont No surround sound suport. No AA support. and not mentioning DRM issues..No it is not a cheap port. As one guy points out in the forum Ea hit the nail with the name, deadspace, that is exaclty what the game is on hardrive

lordlors

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 lordlors
Member since 2004 • 6128 Posts
[QUOTE="tanerb"]

hedgehogenstein

It's not a cheap console port, though. Firstly, it's a multiplatform game, not a port, and secondly, only a small (but very vocal) percentage of the community are having problems. Which happens with all games regardless of the platforms they were released on. hedgehogenstein is annoyed with all the silly gooses blowing this way out of proportion. That EA is (purportedly) not releasing a patch is unfortunate, but at the same thing, Dead Space is the most well optimized multiplatform game hedgehogenstein has ever played.

and lordlors agrees. you can even alt tab the game with no slowdown and get right back to the game with no hassle.

also, if you have a gaming mouse like a Logitech G9, increasing the dpi helps if you need more sensitivity just remember to max it already on Dead Space settings, turn off v synce on dead space settings, force v sync on in the nvidia control panel (if you have an nvidia card), and turn on triple buffering.

succulent_toes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 succulent_toes
Member since 2008 • 680 Posts

Mouse. The game plays flawlessly.hedgehogenstein

What he wrote.

Lidve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Lidve
Member since 2007 • 2415 Posts

It's unplayable with VSYNC on, as soon as you turn it off you can move around just fine with mouse, but once you're in the "aiming mode" mouse sensitive is just too low. You have to lift up mouse few times to aim properly. And there's no way to jack up sensitivity.

As far as old controller, I would imagine you would need at least 2 analog sticks and 8 easily accessible buttons.Creative

Strange,i have no such problem, i play game with mouse + keyboard and it works like charm

Herrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Herrick
Member since 2004 • 4549 Posts
I haven't had any problems with the mouse but that's because I probably have Vsync off. The game probably plays well with a controller, but I need a mouse for precise aiming.
Belgium_1830

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Belgium_1830
Member since 2004 • 204 Posts

i use the xbox controller and it s not working at all

i can move around and open doors but i cant shoot nor adjust the keys according to the xbox controller

any suggestions?

Swiftstrike5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#21 Swiftstrike5
Member since 2005 • 6950 Posts
Mouse. The game plays flawlessly.hedgehogenstein
appollogod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 appollogod
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts

I  have deadspace and  i find the mouse to be horrible to get a feel for. Vsnc on or off no diff on my sli system. Im just to used to things like Unreal T or the like.

I suppose the ones who think its fine must be a tad slow in the head as well :P 

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#23 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10443 Posts

^ or just much better at the game than you 8)

mouse is fine, with v-sync on no issues at all

viper0982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 viper0982
Member since 2007 • 555 Posts
if you want the mouse to feel right turn off vsync in the game and force it back on using nvidia control panel. mouse will move much faster and easier. With vsync off i got horrible screen tearing with flickering lights. I dont know what some people are talking about with the controls i thought they worked perfectly with mouse and keyboard.
wackys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#25 wackys
Member since 2005 • 1315 Posts
Mouse and keyboard is flawless for this game (maybe expect those moments when you get pulled by those plant thingies) just turn Vsync off and you are fine.
RK-Mara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#26 RK-Mara
Member since 2006 • 11489 Posts
I couldn't enjoy the game with a mouse.
wackys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 wackys
Member since 2005 • 1315 Posts
I couldn't enjoy the game with a mouse.RK-Mara
Why not?
RK-Mara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 RK-Mara
Member since 2006 • 11489 Posts
[QUOTE="RK-Mara"]I couldn't enjoy the game with a mouse.wackys
Why not?

It just didn't feel right.
wse_jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 wse_jack
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts

Stumbeled accross this and had been waiting to weigh in on this for a while, Ill start with a few quotes.

"Synesthesia- Level 7
Sectoid
I recommend that you use a controller or wait for a fix for these sloppy porting controls. The problem for me isn't the sensitivity, but the insane acceleration that was emulated from a controller. If I move my mouse across the mouse pad at about 1 cm per second, the cursor won't even move. The faster or slower I move the mouse, the farther or lesser the cursor moves, just like a controller. If I move a controller stick just a tiny bit, the cursor won't move, but if I ram it to a side, the cursor will move rapidly. This acceleration is feasable for controllers, since they can indefinately continue to move the cursor in any direction by just leaning the stick. However, a mouse can only move the cursor as far as the mouse pad allows. I somehow doubt V-sync is related to some peoples' issues with the mouse."

One thing I have to, and I never thought I would, is give EA:RWDSH a pass on the camera implementation. What has happend is not so much and issue of poor porting as it is the implementation of the game, and yes it takes some getting used too.

The problem is not the camera itself but the mouse lag and controll issues that are guised within this format that easily apears as the mouse lag that pc gamers have been dealing with from console ports for ages.

Make no mistake this game DOES have mouse lag, much as GTA 4 did... its tied into frame rates, making it all the more frustraiting, (as if its not hard enough to play in low fps areas, mouse lag just dosent f*ckin help), but it also seems to be related to loading, saving, deleating saves, accessing the menu, and many other rather inoculous features.

Right so here is a break down of it, for one, if the mouse acceleration gives you sh*t, turn your main mouse settings of acceleration down or off, within tollerance levels of course, I havent used setpoint for the majority of my play time as I re-installed windows just after getting this and had been using a cheap mouse most of the time so I wouldent have to constantly wash my hands every time I sat down to use my computer, so I havent gotten around to installing it yet or using my g5 mouse in that, I did play the first level with it and found the lag to be damninably unacceptable.

With setpoint and a mouse at no acceration and with the windows settings turned down (just incase) it was better, but when aiming not only would I have lag, but it would be in full fledge jumps, as in curser is here, then its there as I moved it around, normal camera was fine in these cases. Turning on tripple buffering and disabling vsync in hardware settings helped but gave way to the standard lag just no skipping.

With the re-install and ONLY my keyboard and mouse pugged in as input (for some reason multiple controllers causes view to lock at aiming up), and with the same no vsync settings I found mouselag bareable, but I allso found that after I had loaded a save game, after deleating saves manualy from the folder, that it became noticably frustrating, I could shoot but I couldent aim and shoot it seemed, wasting lots of ammo and making boss battle verry frustraiting.

The lag ive realy never seen before and no, I doubt they did it on purpose, basicly it requierd a controlled movement in aiming situations, and I should also not this only realy became an issue when aiming a weapon, which was odd in transition, going from smooth to f*cked. There is also a combined amount of input lag, making for shooting to be a bit more complicated as when initiating a melee combo, there is no way out but to finish the hits you clicked out in a milliseccond out of frustration... thus if you accidentaly hit fire before aim, or lag decides to regester them late and you click again reflexivly... well its pretty frusrtaiting at times.

There is no way to fully eliminate it it seems though i found vysnc alone did not do it, infact what cleared it for the first time since in initated after loading a non-contenuing game was when I decided to enable soem graphics options that I had gone without to see how they presented in other parts of the game... this though strangly, affected performance, yet seemed to clear up the allmost incoherent mouse lag, leading to the less assenide lag at saving and loading, which I also found that could be cleared back to the semi-lag by tabing out and in again, that as well as partialy helping things by reenabling or disabling vsync, with it enabled as opposed to disabled like they tell you to force, not mattering for either which as you can set it back to prefrence, but it would clear things up a bit performance wise if things got sketchy and help the mouse lag.

I would NEVER reccomend a controller or direct input over a reletive input system (mouse) for a free camera game or any game utilizing reletive controll. Direct just dosent work and wasent designed to work for such a system. If I turn my head I turn it, I dont hit the turn button for x amount and x intensity till I reach the point of intended turn and then let go. The same is with a mouse, you turn by turning or moving in the case of the reletive input, move it, and its moved, you move it (intrestingly yet understandableas for the reason of thelables of the controll types) Directly and thats that, there is no translation process on your endbesides taking in where your head should have moved.

As for the keyboard, well thats just beyond obvious. With often over 100 keys,its divided into areas thatare desigened to be rapidly accessed by a single hand in conjuntion to another hand in an ajoining area, in rapid and precise orders (type writers didnt have spellcheck or deleateand erasable paper didnt come around till much later), and this is done on a rested surface (as is a mouse mind you), thus enabling for a signifigantly larger portion of keys that can be accessed instantly and more than double that which can be accesed by a simple stretch of the finger and all the while your other hand is free on the mouse, which has its own buttons that can be catagorized if you so wish it with functions that share relation to the mouse controlls function.

The mouse itself is an exponentialy better choice for any game that needs any sort of possible reletive controll as its an exponentialy worse choice for those requiering direct controll (f*ck you and die crytek for not adding any joystick support for the flying vehicles in crysis). When paired with the keyboard, for this kind of game its realy the only choice for a truly fluid experiance. For my self, when Ive gotten my mouse lag worked out for a specific area I ve thought of taking some vid caps of some techniques that are possible with the mouse that wouldent work at all and to no precice manor with a console, expecialy with auto aim.

The camera controlls have their advantages, lag asside, the free float may not jive with a lot of pc gamers, but i find it actualy kinda apropriet. once you get the acceleration down you can use it smoothly and it adds a feel that seems more realistic, much like view bob or sway does, and ive seen it implemented in some mods and shooters with limited success but its not a bad thing, as long as it works as intended.

I wish that of course like as the keyboard thing above kinda hints at, that their were more movment controlls, I allmost didnt buy it when I learned their was no crouch, though it actualy didnt bug me as the shooting is not like most the shooters i play, and it is done with enough variety as to not become annoyed with generic run n gun crapitations that such a limited scheme usualy implies**. When one is no longer limited by a 12 button nightmare, and can hit multiple keys at once without signifigantly or if at all impacting their ability to hit others as if they were only hitting those, one can do a lot more and just cause you dont want to add basic gameplay that comes as a result of these controlls dosent mean you should strip them out, sometimes crouching is just something you wana do, like jumping, though the zero g stuff make up for that and not only that but there were very few by comparison to other games of similar limits, of situations where a tiny sidewalk blocks you or such other retarded things any self respecting space hero could easily circumvent, as well as you could, or a toddler could (if he realy tried at it). The same with corner peaking or ironsight or some form of gun aiming (that dosent just result in a blacked out screen with a circle in the middle to see through, thats lame, common guys f*cking evolve).

"Level 12
Rad Racer
Edited on Nov 10, 2008 7:10 am PT Edited 2 total times.

People do not support this kind of treatment. Do not buy cheap ported version of console games."

Ireeeeealy hope the jumble of people being annoying about nonstandard view implementation gets untangled with the actual mouselag issue.

Unfortunetly, this is not an example of crap divelopment as it is arrogant misinterpertation and convey. THere IS mouse lag, this IS not the floaty controlls. I hope they get that message amidst the people giving them sh*t over the intended controll set up. YEs its a non standard implementation, but its not something that should be the focus of the complaints against it as people are going to take them all as one issue and disregard them... expecialy if your an internal developer who had that answer just waiting to snap back in anticipation of all those ignorent fools who would be confused and lost by aHAH what was done on purpose aahhaha.... yhea, and doing something about something isnt internal dev ****Though, nither is this game, totaly didnt see something with this many hints of originality in concept art and theme not to mention the attention to detail, allmost like it actualy was concepted proposed and developed like a real developer... though... i wont go that far as to assume, rather I would still travel in the oposite till confirmed, its eafor chrissakes... though, the proffesionalism of the devs and funding and proper support care to a funished and pollished product IS something that can be credited with ea, they may eat up and enslave an enormous amount of previous fee thinking productive developers, but the talent they task them to roll out their products with should be noted, as opposed to say microsoft or ubisoft. Its not like Vivindi Universal, but the polish comes out close... even if it is by the nature of the internal dev manufactured, though that most the devs stood on their own before being eaten, that says something as to that they actualy might give a sh*t, (again see ubisoft/microsoft).

What this game does, may not be original but like cold fear, it did it right. Its interesting that CF and this both worked out wounderfully on PC, RE4 didnt, and while cold fear being a good game surprised me re4 being a croack of sh*t when pc gamers applyed it to their standards (standards wich are rapidly shrinking mind you) sad as that may be. It is, reletivly bug free with the exeption of the settings and difficutlies chaninging on you, as well as the whole mouse lag input lag thing and the occasional ai/clipping glitch... The gameplay is rather fun, it feels right, unlike many shooters that have the shootem till they go down policy, shoot them till they have no way to move forward seems far more satasfying... though this negates itself quite a biton the hard and impossible difficulties due to that its allmost impossible to dismember by stomping on dropped foes and it takes several hits to dismember as well as just as many reletivly speaking once youve upped all the damages in terms of the latter baddies.... The weapons all jumped and sounded and acted with feel, and they all felt like something worthwhile, as opposed to the game where the one pistol is just that one pistol you just happen to hate and the one machine gun is that one machine gun thats annoying or even the several, I my self have allways been against giant shiny pistols like desert eagals, I think they look retarded and notably unpractical, yet while I cant think of any better comparsion to this games pistol than that, I found it from start to finish to be something I liked using and it felt right in the game and context in addition to looking both functional (overly so lol) and being actualy functional... Each weapon had that feel and while with the exotic ones prefrence comes to mind as for ****as well as looks and effect, they all do what they do in a way that dosent have you going well wtf is he doing that, that way, thats regoddamneddiculous... The viseral combo of both context and player control works very smoothly (again mouse lag asside), it realy is like an ode to that common piece of imagry often used as a misrepresentation of the space hero vrs mutants/aliens/deamons/things of the guy surrounded by the groping diranged masses with a rifle swinging davey crocket alamo****at them bashing them away and fighting through them from all angles. A lot of visual inspriation as well as probably a lot of the sick imagry is somewhat obvisoulsly inspiered by The Suffering, as well as that games inspiration in the silent hill series, but its a game that the suffering had done in my opinion like no other in terms of that kind of a mob fight, something obviously done many a time but realy never done so that itactualy feels like it. That sense of desperation is crucial and this has it and just to tie this little tangent in, is something that just couldent be done to the fluidity and feel that a mouse and keyboard allows.

**(proper animation, weapon sights, and view poses go a long way to bypass caring about only one firing mode (not speaking about alt fires, but like ironsights, aiming weapons and such, and given that this has a weapon aim as its default, I was totaly ok with it, does not go both ways though, I just feel like when you shoot in a game you should actualy feel like your shooting, as opposed to fleeing with a gun infront of you doom and half life2 stlye (hl did a great job with gun feel and that all went to sh*t with 2, such a disapointment when the next generation sacrafices gains with the first for precieved visuals, I like to play my games, not watch characters docool sh*t I cant do cause all i can do is run, gun, and throw soda cans at people

*Its funny the tab out thing got mentioned, cause ive accidentaly tabbed out now and was looking for a fix when I found this, and it is, truly, refreshingly, allmost unheard-of-ly awsome the way that works out... still, lol alt key isnt windows key, I know, I pried it off and low and behold the alt key seems to be assuming the identety of the windows key to the game, though it only gets away with it bout half the time, wtf is that didnt happen before today too, wiered... anywho.

THA-TODD-BEAST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 THA-TODD-BEAST
Member since 2003 • 4569 Posts

Mouse, with Vsync disabled.

parasitesingle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 parasitesingle
Member since 2008 • 178 Posts
Mouse, no question. And by no question, I mean there literally is not a question of which you should use. So delete this thread.
clembo1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 clembo1990
Member since 2005 • 9976 Posts
Mouse forces you right up close to the screen (most of the time) and it's a game that's great for scares. But controller has rumble (does the pc version have this implimented? i know games like Vegas 2 have done this.)
rmfd341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#33 rmfd341
Member since 2008 • 3808 Posts
Didn't you guys realize that this dude with the giant text bumped a 2008 thread?
wse_jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 wse_jack
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts

so?

Came accross it in a search and its not like its not something that isnt being discussed in current threds still 3 months later or so.

Astaroth2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Astaroth2k
Member since 2006 • 877 Posts

Obviously the mouse,what a stupid question.

adamosmaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#36 adamosmaki
Member since 2007 • 10718 Posts

Actually the game doesnt feel very good with a "normal mouse". For instance it takes a lot of effort to turn 180 degrees fast. But an fps with a controller doesnt feel right

The solution is to get a gaming mouse with a high DPI support ( 3200 and more should do) and it will feel great ( i was using a 600dpi mouse and going to a 3600 dpi mouse made a world of difference in dead space by actually making it enjoyable)

Astaroth2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Astaroth2k
Member since 2006 • 877 Posts

normal mouse is fine dont listen to this delinquent.

DGFreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 DGFreak
Member since 2003 • 2234 Posts
I can't imagine trying to shoot off those tentacles and stuff with a controller. You definitely want to play this one with a mouse.
Ultitaria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Ultitaria
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
How did you fix the spin around and stare at the ceiling problem?
theG_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 theG_man
Member since 2009 • 210 Posts

[QUOTE="hedgehogenstein"]Mouse. The game plays flawlessly.succulent_toes

What he wrote.

Suffca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Suffca
Member since 2008 • 666 Posts

M&K ftw.

Dante2710

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#42 Dante2710
Member since 2005 • 63164 Posts
Tried it with both, and i`d say go with the controller.
Lox_Cropek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Lox_Cropek
Member since 2008 • 3555 Posts

Does this game supports Xbox 360 Controller for Windows?

Dante2710

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#44 Dante2710
Member since 2005 • 63164 Posts

Does this game supports Xbox 360 Controller for Windows?

Lox_Cropek
Yes it does.
NoAssKicker47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#45 NoAssKicker47
Member since 2004 • 2855 Posts

Hmm, let me think. You can not customize the controls. No hotkeys, (yest there is for quick heal which is not even shown under controls). Mouse floats all around (vsync do not help in aiming mode). Then there is stare at the ceiling and twirl around problem.You stuck in a hallway cause doors wont No surround sound suport. No AA support. and not mentioning DRM issues..No it is not a cheap port. As one guy points out in the forum Ea hit the nail with the name, deadspace, that is exaclty what the game is on hardrive

tanerb
No true sentence written in this post. The game DOES support surround sound, which works beautifully. The controls are fine as long as you disable vsync or enable it through nVidia CP (as long as it's not turned on in-game you should be fine). I haven't run into one DRM issue. So yeah the game doesn't properly support AA. So did BioShock, Batman: AA & Bionic Commando. Big deal. The game is fine with a mouse & keyboard and with the exception of one time where I got stuck in the geometry (happens in games sometimes), I've had no problems whatsoever.