Dead Space, Fallout 3, or Crysis?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

lolfiretruck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 lolfiretruck
Member since 2008 • 269 Posts
I'm really itching to play a new game and I don't have any school this week, so i've narrowed my buy to one of these three games. I'll try to get all of them eventually, but which game do you guys suggest I get first? I was leaning toward Dead Space but I would like to hear everyone elses opinions as well.
Hellboard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#2 Hellboard
Member since 2008 • 2429 Posts

for me its

fallout 3

dead space

something else

crysis

if you got a week, try dead space...

Baranga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 Baranga
Member since 2005 • 14217 Posts
Dead Space, then Crysis
Solidus171

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Solidus171
Member since 2008 • 318 Posts

Due to your limited time frame of just 1 week, it must be Dead Space. The game will freak you out nicely and its over pretty quickly depending on how you play it (it took me a month to finish because I played only at night and when the house was empty - takes 8 hours if you blast it). Fallout 3 will last you months. yes, MONTHS. The modding community for it is gigantic and growing even to this day. Crysis is a bowl of meh in my opinion, and it just cannot stand up to the excellence of Dead Space.

When you get end-of-term holidays (2 weeks), get Fallout 3. For half term holiday (1 week), get Dead Space. For weekends, get Crysis if you're bored.

FireBurger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 FireBurger
Member since 2005 • 1566 Posts

With a week, I would say Dead Space or Crysis. Dead Space is a good survival/shooter game and it will last you about 13 hours. I haven't played Crysis, but I can't imagine that it's too long.

You should save Fallout 3 for when you don't have anything to do for a while so you don't have to break up your play time, that game will last you a while. I beat it in about 2 weeks, but I did the main quest fairly quickly.

LTZH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#6 LTZH
Member since 2003 • 2704 Posts
I'd actually get Fallout 3, it will last you longer.
Hellboard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Hellboard

With a week, I would say Dead Space or Crysis. Dead Space is a good survival/shooter game and it will last you about 13 hours. I haven't played Crysis, but I can't imagine that it's too long.

You should save Fallout 3 for when you don't have anything to do for a while so you don't have to break up your play time, that game will last you a while. I beat it in about 2 weeks, but I did the main quest fairly quickly.

FireBurger
exactly but if you take your time it takes too long
lolfiretruck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 lolfiretruck
Member since 2008 • 269 Posts

Ty for your input everyone. I decided to go with Dead Space and it's currently downloading on steam. I'll probably pick fallout 3 up later on. Now i just have to wait 2 hours for dead space to download :(.

edit: typo

beex215

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 beex215
Member since 2006 • 1198 Posts

for me its

fallout 3

dead space

something else

crysis

Hellboard
agreed. fallout was addictive. dead space was kool. and crysis was not so good.
Hellboard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Hellboard
[QUOTE="Hellboard"]

for me its

fallout 3

dead space

something else

crysis

beex215

agreed and tracking you....
dinuattila

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 dinuattila
Member since 2005 • 1355 Posts
If you only have a week to play,i say you pick Dead Space.
artistry_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 artistry_
Member since 2004 • 488 Posts

In the order of preference

Dead Space

Fallout 3

Crysis Warhead*

*note I enjoyed Warhead better than Crysis vanilla .. and Dead Space was my 2008 game of the year .. Fallout 3 is massive, am fully enjoying it, have yet to finish exploring all of it.

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

Crysis > Dead Space > Fallout3

Cant really go wrong with either game though imo. Crysis is just the best out of the group, Dead Space and Fallout3 are still both very good and about even imo.

biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#14 biggest_loser
Member since 2007 • 24508 Posts
Crysis, then Dead Space. Fallout 3 didn't satisfy me as much as it did for others.
DOF_power

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 DOF_power
Member since 2008 • 804 Posts

>

^ I found Dead Space annoyingly repetitive and generic.

I'd go for Fallout 3 and Crysis Warhead*. Warhead is non stop kick @_$, but quite short.

P4ulJ4ckson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 P4ulJ4ckson
Member since 2009 • 37 Posts
fallout
Dark-Sithious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Dark-Sithious
Member since 2008 • 3914 Posts
Crysis+Crysis warhead then that other crap you mentioned
couly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#19 couly
Member since 2004 • 6278 Posts
Dead Space, but make sure you turn V-sync off and the controls will be fine.
crazyfist36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 crazyfist36
Member since 2003 • 574 Posts

Crysis-in my opinion best action game out there. Beautiful to look at and the action has great replay value since it is dictated by you.play it at your own speed and enjoy all that it has to offer and it will last you a week. Get Crysis Warhead as well to lenghten the campaing mode and get a new multplayer game as well called Crysis Wars for free.

Dead Space-brilliant game.keep a new pair of shorts near by since it is SCARY. Not much replay value though.

Fallout 3-The game that will probbaly last you the longest. Can be slow at times with all the walking around and exploring and the action/visuals are nowehre near Crysis. However like Dead Space it has great atmosphere and sucks you into the world. Once again its a game you play on your own terms and your character set up. Very high replayability especially with the new add-ons coming this month.

kemar7856

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#21 kemar7856
Member since 2004 • 11783 Posts
[QUOTE="beex215"][QUOTE="Hellboard"]

for me its

fallout 3

dead space

something else

crysis

Hellboard

crysis is good but its short
Wolf-Chief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Wolf-Chief
Member since 2008 • 2894 Posts
i'd pick crysis
Precyse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Precyse
Member since 2007 • 487 Posts
fo 3. it'll give more play.
dannyw7982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 dannyw7982
Member since 2006 • 261 Posts

I own all three and would say you made the right choice going for dead space. It really a great game and is best played at night when your on your own as the atmosphere is great.

Have just finished it and am starting it again on impossible mode, it has to be a good game for me to want to play through it again :)

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#25 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts
holy hell, why are so many people dissing crysis? your gonna turn to poor tc off the game. I found it to be one of the best shooters of 2007, and warhead probably THE best of 2008. they look good, play great(awsome gunplay), and have a good deal of replayabiligy, especially the first few levels. in could keep anyone busy for a week. Dead space is great, although i found it was not easy to pick up and play if you wanted to game casually, its uber-tense, and unless you like that you will find yourselve playing it less and less as you get further on. FO3 is for when you have a month or two with nothing to do, its a real time hole, but an excellent timehole. so for me, Crysis, then Dead Space, then Fallout 3 when you have some time.
harrisi17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#26 harrisi17
Member since 2004 • 4010 Posts
I haven't played dead space yet, but i would say Crysis-Dead Space-F3. Fallout 3 was good, but not great (way too short forr me)
doomsoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#27 doomsoth
Member since 2003 • 10094 Posts
Fallout 3 will last you the longest; Dead Space is great, but short.
Hellboard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Hellboard

Crysis > Dead Space > Fallout3

Cant really go wrong with either game though imo. Crysis is just the best out of the group, Dead Space and Fallout3 are still both very good and about even imo.

kozzy1234
id say last crysis because they got more content in them, more gameplay time, i hate the fact that crysis is the half of far cry :(
Hellboard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Hellboard
[QUOTE="Hellboard"][QUOTE="beex215"]agreed. fallout was addictive. dead space was kool. and crysis was not so good.kemar7856

crysis is good but its short

thats exactly my point, and as you see you said good not great or amazing...
Hellboard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Hellboard
holy hell, why are so many people dissing crysis? your gonna turn to poor tc off the game. I found it to be one of the best shooters of 2007, and warhead probably THE best of 2008. they look good, play great(awsome gunplay), and have a good deal of replayabiligy, especially the first few levels. in could keep anyone busy for a week. Dead space is great, although i found it was not easy to pick up and play if you wanted to game casually, its uber-tense, and unless you like that you will find yourselve playing it less and less as you get further on. FO3 is for when you have a month or two with nothing to do, its a real time hole, but an excellent timehole. so for me, Crysis, then Dead Space, then Fallout 3 when you have some time. with_teeth26
Brother i see when you say that crysis gunplay is awesome, ask me its probably one of the worst iv ever seen, and i agree with your sig, i lowered my standards to enjoy it and standards i mean every single fps or action game out there with guns that turn out to be more shooter and feeling better in terms of gunplay and the only thing i dont like in crysis is the gunplay, plz explain me from which fps the gunplay is better? Because i fail to find one even halo gunplay was better, and the weapons in crysis are all fake, not even one works like the real one.... no offence, i just try to understand who its awesome in gun play if i click any gameplay video for me it looks like mediocre fps, infact only ubersoldier or shadow ops looked worse, perhaps halo 2 too.... always by pointing out that good gunplay in a game is that a good gunplay requires plenty of guns, enemies that dont take hundreds and dont move like unreal or quake, plus that the player doesnt experience a red screen indicating he gets shotted all the time, or that not even one bullet misses, but if all shots land on you, then give to the player a little more protection like halo or cod... what you think:)
IMaBIOHAZARD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#31 IMaBIOHAZARD
Member since 2008 • 1464 Posts
Crysis was a STUNNING game when it first came out, and still never ceases to amaze; I thought the gunplay wasn't extraordinary, but pretty dam good for where the FPS genre was back in late '07. The guns were punchy, and although, if you ever got in a conventional firefight with Korean soldiers (which you were never meant to) it would take almost 10 hits to kill them, the options that the suit opened up changed the way I viewed the simple act of shooting enemy soldiers. (BTW, did any1 notice that by turning to strength mode the bullet strength is increased? I never did until recently :P) The point of Crysis was not to aim and shoot at the enemy; in fact, the true weapon wasn't the gun you were holding, but the suit you were wearing. By using a combination of strength-jumps, speed-running, invisibility, and armor during a single firefight, you're creating one hell of an experience, and also making yourself a veritable KILLING MACHINE. I think that it takes so many shots to kill the enemy because Crytek realized this and simply added extra HP to the enemies. I don't have any complaints when it comes to the shooting side of Crysis because I'm not really shooting so much as sneaking up for an easy heashot, strength-jumping for a vantage point (from which to get 1-hit-K.O. heashots) or running past them in a blur of motion to grab enemies and throw them into the stunned enemies (before filling them with lead when they hesitate, giving me a window of opportunity where I'm not getting shot at, which seems to the problem most players experience) I'm sort of rambling on about the same thing here, but the suit is supposed to be used to outmaneuver and just as quickly outgun the opposition (BTW, the SCAR kills in like 3 hits; although it's a relatively scarce gun, by using stealth it's pretty easy to conserve ammo). The problem most players also seem to experience is that they NOT USING THE SUIT TO IT'S POTENTIAL. Simply do that, and almost all your problems should fade. :D
Alex_Park

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#32 Alex_Park
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

Fallout 3 - Lots of value for your money

Dead Space - Great atmosfear (see what I did there?)

Crysis - Nice looking FPS

death5ter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#33 death5ter
Member since 2005 • 1001 Posts
You only have a week? Fallout 3 is out.... hmmm.. Play Crysis if you have Warhead too... Dead Space... you can finish it in a week... just don't rush it... feel the gameplay... its really fun.
khariss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 khariss
Member since 2005 • 370 Posts
crysis love that game fallout 3 is ok but i couldn't get into it but its worth getting for sure
vedomedo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 vedomedo
Member since 2004 • 370 Posts
get Dead Space, get jumpy, complete the story and go to sleep...
-MuadDib-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 -MuadDib-
Member since 2003 • 5078 Posts
A lot of people are going to tell you Fallout 3, but play through Dead Space first. It's a much more solid game and more rewarding for the time you put into it.
IMaBIOHAZARD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#37 IMaBIOHAZARD
Member since 2008 • 1464 Posts
Dead Space is good, but not the best. Beware of slow mouse control. Fallout 3 is a VERY good game; not the best FPS, but an excellent FPS/RPG hybrid. But it takes so much time to play through that I'm not sure I would recommend it if u only have a week. Crysis is the happy medium - One of the most Excellent FPS games ever and the Korean-fighting missions last about 10 hours. And that game has very big replay value.
Hellboard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Hellboard
[QUOTE="IMaBIOHAZARD"]Dead Space is good, but not the best. Beware of slow mouse control. Fallout 3 is a VERY good game; not the best FPS, but an excellent FPS/RPG hybrid. But it takes so much time to play through that I'm not sure I would recommend it if u only have a week. Crysis is the happy medium - One of the most Excellent FPS games ever and the Korean-fighting missions last about 10 hours. And that game has very big replay value.

i agree on crysis but i still believe they should make the gunplay like the other games, eg its pretty good in warhead, still not my type of fps i want plenty of weapons, and fallout 3 is an rpg whoever complains about being a bad fps....well, in any case medium? plz brother crysis wasnt stunning at medium, its stunning on high :)
JeansForever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 JeansForever
Member since 2008 • 317 Posts
Fallout 3 (Played) then Dead Space (not played) and never Crysis (Played)
with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#40 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

[QUOTE="with_teeth26"]holy hell, why are so many people dissing crysis? your gonna turn to poor tc off the game. I found it to be one of the best shooters of 2007, and warhead probably THE best of 2008. they look good, play great(awsome gunplay), and have a good deal of replayabiligy, especially the first few levels. in could keep anyone busy for a week. Dead space is great, although i found it was not easy to pick up and play if you wanted to game casually, its uber-tense, and unless you like that you will find yourselve playing it less and less as you get further on. FO3 is for when you have a month or two with nothing to do, its a real time hole, but an excellent timehole. so for me, Crysis, then Dead Space, then Fallout 3 when you have some time. Hellboard
Brother i see when you say that crysis gunplay is awesome, ask me its probably one of the worst iv ever seen, and i agree with your sig, i lowered my standards to enjoy it and standards i mean every single fps or action game out there with guns that turn out to be more shooter and feeling better in terms of gunplay and the only thing i dont like in crysis is the gunplay, plz explain me from which fps the gunplay is better? Because i fail to find one even halo gunplay was better, and the weapons in crysis are all fake, not even one works like the real one.... no offence, i just try to understand who its awesome in gun play if i click any gameplay video for me it looks like mediocre fps, infact only ubersoldier or shadow ops looked worse, perhaps halo 2 too.... always by pointing out that good gunplay in a game is that a good gunplay requires plenty of guns, enemies that dont take hundreds and dont move like unreal or quake, plus that the player doesnt experience a red screen indicating he gets shotted all the time, or that not even one bullet misses, but if all shots land on you, then give to the player a little more protection like halo or cod... what you think:)

I still think crysis holds the gunplay crown alongside F.E.A.R and maybe Medal of Honor: Pacific Assault(one of the most underrated games i've played). The fact that the guns might not be real doesn't matter at all, the game is set a bit in the future, and the weapons are highly plausible. The enemies go down fairly quick, with one shot to the head, or a couple to the body, which is realistic given that some of them wear body armor, which will stop some shots. the enemies that take longer to go down have nano-suits. but the reason the gunplay is so good has nothing to do with the weapon models, or the number of hits enemies take. the gunplay has to do with how it feels to shot the weapon. in crysis, it feels blooding amazing, the sound it dead on, the kick of the weapon is perfect, the fact that foliage whips around from the bullets just makes things even better. when your getting shot at, you really get a sense of having bullets flinging overhead, i have not seen this so well done in any other game. sure, crysis has its shortcomings, but it is still one of the best fps out there because it succeds wildly at what matters most in any good fps game. the gunplay.

Avatar image for chessmaster1989
chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 chessmaster1989
Member since 2008 • 30203 Posts
Tough between Fallout 3 and Dead Space, but I would get Fallout 3, as imo it's slightly more fun (although both are spectacular) and it will last you for a long time, if you do all of the random side-quests and so on. I am planning to replay it at some point. That said, it's more complex, and has a large RPG element. If you don't like RPGs, go for Dead Space.
ikwal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 ikwal
Member since 2004 • 1600 Posts
Dead Space or Crysis, Fallout 3 is just a scifi mod for Oblivion.
Xavier_12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Xavier_12
Member since 2005 • 824 Posts
Crysis, then Dead Space. Fallout 3 didn't satisfy me as much as it did for others. biggest_loser
I'm with this guy. Crysis is badass!
Muffin_Top

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Muffin_Top
Member since 2009 • 34 Posts
I loved Fallout 3 and I would say get that one.
Hellboard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Hellboard

[QUOTE="Hellboard"][QUOTE="with_teeth26"]holy hell, why are so many people dissing crysis? your gonna turn to poor tc off the game. I found it to be one of the best shooters of 2007, and warhead probably THE best of 2008. they look good, play great(awsome gunplay), and have a good deal of replayabiligy, especially the first few levels. in could keep anyone busy for a week. Dead space is great, although i found it was not easy to pick up and play if you wanted to game casually, its uber-tense, and unless you like that you will find yourselve playing it less and less as you get further on. FO3 is for when you have a month or two with nothing to do, its a real time hole, but an excellent timehole. so for me, Crysis, then Dead Space, then Fallout 3 when you have some time. with_teeth26

I still think crysis holds the gunplay crown alongside F.E.A.R and maybe Medal of Honor: Pacific Assault(one of the most underrated games i've played). The fact that the guns might not be real doesn't matter at all, the game is set a bit in the future, and the weapons are highly plausible. The enemies go down fairly quick, with one shot to the head, or a couple to the body, which is realistic given that some of them wear body armor, which will stop some shots. the enemies that take longer to go down have nano-suits. but the reason the gunplay is so good has nothing to do with the weapon models, or the number of hits enemies take. the gunplay has to do with how it feels to shot the weapon. in crysis, it feels blooding amazing, the sound it dead on, the kick of the weapon is perfect, the fact that foliage whips around from the bullets just makes things even better. when your getting shot at, you really get a sense of having bullets flinging overhead, i have not seen this so well done in any other game. sure, crysis has its shortcomings, but it is still one of the best fps out there because it succeds wildly at what matters most in any good fps game. the gunplay.

Yeah i totally agree the weapons feel really reallistic when fired, as for fear and pacific assault i like their gunplay alot, and i agree pacific assault is an amazing wwii story game, but the thing is that in some games there are mechanics that id like to see in crysis, eg one shot to the leg of someone on cod 4 can make someone fall down, id like to see that in crysis too, pretty cool idea since the game is about trying diffirent tactics and stuff eg once i blew up a truck and kill the whole squad without allerting them, what i mean that the weapons are fake is... eg the smg is a MP7 thats an 5.7 weapon that has high firepower and armor piercing effects, but in crysis... well i think you get my point, GRAW and rainbow six style, but agree in what you said... however i swear that the most effective way to kill Nano troops is an auto weapon, how you kill them? Also i am really impressed in how they upgraded the reallistic feel in combat in crysis warhead.