Darksiders, only playable with 360 controller?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#1 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34613 Posts

It's what I've heard. Can anyone confirm? I was looking forward to playing this game with mouse and keyboard, but if this is true, I'm not getting the game at all. I am sure as hell not buying a 360 controller for a console port. That costs about the same as the game. I do have a wireless 360 controller, but then you have to buy something in order for it to work on a PC, which costs about the same as a new wired 360 controller. Awesome.

Renevent42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Renevent42
Member since 2010 • 6654 Posts

I never heard that, and according to the press release they are promising keyboard controls. No idea if this was updated though and they dropped support but I'd imagine not.

http://www.vg247.com/2010/03/30/darksiders-announced-gets-pc-version-for-summer/

DARKSIDERS™ COMING TO THE PC
Apocalyptic adventure title optimized for a summer release on PC

AGOURA HILLS, Calif. March 29, 2010 — THQ Inc. (NASDAQ: THQI) today announced that its critically acclaimed action-adventure title DarksidersTM will be coming to the PC in June.

Released earlier this year for Xbox 360® and Playstation®3, Darksiders will be available for PC gamers to enjoy in all of its apocalyptic glory this summer. Developed by THQ's in-house studio Vigil Games™, this version of the game is being meticulously crafted to deliver the same great art ****and dynamic game play to a whole new audience.

Travis Plane, Vice President of Global Brand Management commented, "We are delighted to be able to bring Darksiders to the PC. THQ is focused on bringing great product to the PC gaming audience so it was vital that we allowed Vigil the time to optimize the title for the PC platform. We hope PC gamers experience the same thrill and get the same level of satisfaction assuming the mantle of WAR as the console audience did."

David Adams, General Manager of Vigil Games commented, "We are really excited to have the opportunity to bring Darksiders to the global PC audience. We feel that the growth of digital distribution and PC online communities creates a great environment for our game. We are working really hard to make sure that key features such as user-defined resolutions, interface and both keyboard and game pad control sets are all up to the standards for today's discerning PC consumer."

article

G-Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 G-Lord
Member since 2004 • 2141 Posts

In this review they say the keyboard mouse controls work well

MiguelNoche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 MiguelNoche
Member since 2005 • 226 Posts

I read it's unbelieveably difficult.

Avatar image for deactivated-64ba3ebd35404
deactivated-64ba3ebd35404

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#5 deactivated-64ba3ebd35404
Member since 2004 • 7590 Posts

MiguelNoche
Unless they upped the difficulty from the Console version, you don't have much to worry about there.
AiurProtoss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 AiurProtoss
Member since 2010 • 1080 Posts
I borrowed it from a freind and the game is pretty awesome. There is only one level that gets tedious, but oveall the game is pretty awesome i wonder what extra stuff tehy have added. To be honest i would still play it with a controller when it comes out for PC.
Avatar image for deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0
deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0
Member since 2009 • 4928 Posts

Its not the type of game that would play better with the kb/mouse. I have a plug in 360 controller for my pc for games like this, kinda like batman aa, I didnt try but i wouldnt think it would be better with a kb/mouse.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#8 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34613 Posts

Its not the type of game that would play better with the kb/mouse. I have a plug in 360 controller for my pc for games like this, kinda like batman aa, I didnt try but i wouldnt think it would be better with a kb/mouse.

Advid-Gamer

I actually thought kb/m was A LOT better for Batman. You could change the camera angle a lot quicker with the mouse than a controller, which made doing combos way more fun.

Avatar image for Eikichi-Onizuka
Eikichi-Onizuka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9 Eikichi-Onizuka
Member since 2008 • 9205 Posts
I can't play action games on a keyboard. I prefer them on console anyway.
mkaliaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 mkaliaz
Member since 2004 • 1979 Posts

MiguelNoche

Hah, i wouldn't count on it. I beat it on the hardest difficulty my first playthrough (PS3 version) and it was not hard at all.

That would be pretty lame if it didnt support KB+M, but these ARE the types of games that are best with a gamepad (IMO). I'm sure it would be fine on KB+M too.

NeilCardiff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#11 NeilCardiff
Member since 2008 • 834 Posts

If Micro-shaft thinks I will buy an xbroke controlller to play my PC games then they also expect me to pay for their broken games.

I never pay for useless turds. ever.

TerrorRizzing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 TerrorRizzing
Member since 2010 • 4232 Posts
I can't play action games on a keyboard. I prefer them on console anyway.Eikichi-Onizuka
why? Makes no sense at all. The only difference is that you have the option to use keyboard and mouse, twice the framerate, and higher resolution. So far, the only game I can truly say I would go for the console version is saints row 2, and maybe resident evil 4 if you don't want to apply some user made fixes.
bloodreaperfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 bloodreaperfx
Member since 2006 • 415 Posts

Just finished the game today. The controls and overall feeling of how the camera works during fights make it one of the best ports imo. Very fluid action and gory fun.

You might get the ocasional non-responsive jump button, tho'....bummer in most cases..but the checkpoints are well placed.