Darksiders controller issue

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Hakkai007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Hakkai007
Member since 2005 • 4905 Posts

Anyone having a gamepad problem with Darksiders?

I use a logitech gamepad and the camera is stuck either up or down depending if you have reverse controls.

Moving left to right kind of works but up to down on the camera view doesn't.

Keyboard controls work but are not good for this game.

Ra-Qin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#2 Ra-Qin
Member since 2006 • 87 Posts

I have the problem as well...This is one that we will require us to wait for a patch. The only option at this time is to use an emulator program to convert keyboard and mouse to the XB360 controller.

Hakkai007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Hakkai007

I have the problem as well...This is one that we will require us to wait for a patch. The only option at this time is to use an emulator program to convert keyboard and mouse to the XB360 controller.

Ra-Qin

Well my friend doesn't have a problem with her's.

But she uses a playstation 3 controller to play the game on PC.

Mine is just a regular logitech gamepad.

Also I noticed this game runs a little slow.

And there are no graphics options.

Just resolution and vysnc.

I get around 30FPS at the beginning at 1680x1050 with an 8800gt and an amd athlon x2 5200+ and that is horrible considering the game doesn't look at that great and is a console game.

So this is more like a poorly optimized port.

Devil May Cry 4 looks better and I was getting 90+fps in some places with that game maxed out with C16XQAA.

Hakkai007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Hakkai007

Fixed the controller issue.

PTMags

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 PTMags
Member since 2006 • 783 Posts

[QUOTE="Ra-Qin"]

Hakkai007

I get around 30FPS at the beginning at 1680x1050 with an 8800gt and an amd athlon x2 5200+ and that is horrible considering the game doesn't look at that great and is a console game.

Devil May Cry 4 looks better and I was getting 90+fps in some places with that game maxed out with C16XQAA.

That's sad to hear. The game must be capped at 30 fps like other terrible ports such as Saints Row 2 and The Force Unleashed. I was hoping they'd at least attempt to put some effort into this port. I may skip this game afterall now =(

General_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 General_X
Member since 2003 • 9137 Posts

[QUOTE="Hakkai007"]

[QUOTE="Ra-Qin"]

PTMags

That's sad to hear. The game must be capped at 30 fps like other terrible ports such as Saints Row 2 and The Force Unleashed. I was hoping they'd at least attempt to put some effort into this port. I may skip this game afterall now =(

Yep this is starting to sound like a game to wait for. Hoping there will be a massive patch, community fixes, or huge Steam Sale before I pick it up 'cause I do love me some LoZ style gameplay.
Hakkai007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Hakkai007

Well since I got my controller to work correctly I've been playing more and while it's a good game I wish I could force AA.

I tried the nvidia control panel and rivatuner and both don't work.

And nHancer doesn't work with newer drivers.

The optimization is still bad and I doubt they will fix it.

The game is perfectly playable but it's annoying to see such low FPS for a game of this graphical quality.

STOCKMAN22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 STOCKMAN22
Member since 2010 • 415 Posts

[QUOTE="Ra-Qin"]

Hakkai007

you must lower the resolution to 1280x1024, i have 8800gt too and it works perfect with all games on max settings at 1280x1024.

Hakkai007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Hakkai007

ummmm is there a reason you quoted my post?

edit: oh I see ur comment now.

And my answer is no....I am not lowering my resolution for a game that looks horrible.

That resolutions you suggested looks ugly.

This game should be running smoother than DMC4.

It looks no different than the console version and there should be no excuse for this bad optimization.

Why should Darksiders run worse than this game that looks immensely better?

sly42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 sly42
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts

how did you fix it please tell me i am having the same problem

sly42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 sly42
[QUOTE="Hakkai007"]

how did you fix it please help
sly42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 sly42
can you help me with my controller issue i have the same prob
Avatar image for Ultima_D_Strike
Ultima_D_Strike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Ultima_D_Strike
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

****ing hell how did you fix it?!?!

Avatar image for FinalnaFantasia
FinalnaFantasia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 FinalnaFantasia
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

I had the controller issue as well and it turned out my second USB PlayStation2 Controller was messing things up. Plugging it out fixed the camera problem for me and I'm able to play with my Logitech Chillstream. So my best guess is that some USB connected device is causing this.

But I've got another problem now. The game just run TERRIBLE. I mean TERRIBLE. There's this CONSTANT LAG which is really pissing me off and sometimes my fps drops to 10 or even less. My PC specs are fine (GB P35-DS3 // Core2Duo E4500 // HD4850 // 2x2GB Patriot DDR2 // Win7 Ultimate x64), all the drivers are up-to-date and I am capable of running any of the recent released games without problems. Darksiders HOWEVER is just refusing to run smooth. Sometimes the picture just freezes and the only thing I can do is CTRL+ALT+DEL.

Is there any way of changing the ingame settings (aside of resolution and v-sync) at all? Because at present the game is COMPLETELY UNPLAYABLE for me, and I have waited for it for 8 GODDAMN MONTHS!:evil:

ampiva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#15 ampiva
Member since 2010 • 1251 Posts
This port blows. No way to configure controls, no graphic options. What were they thinking?
Avatar image for Ultima_D_Strike
Ultima_D_Strike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Ultima_D_Strike
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

well i finally fixed it on gamefaqs someone told to use the xbox360 emulator which has a GUI to configure your gamepad it

really made my day try it out.

http://code.google.com/p/x360ce/downloads/detail?name=x360ce.App-2.0.2.90.zip&can=2&q=

STOCKMAN22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 STOCKMAN22
Member since 2010 • 415 Posts

seems like i am lucky i have Athlon x2 4400 2,2 ghz 2 gb ram 8800 gt 512 mb and i dont have any problems yet!!

kemet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18 kemet
Member since 2003 • 30 Posts

Darksiders controller issue iam having the same problem, im sick of all these companies putting outproducts that are faulty, we are paying money so they can use us as testers,this is bull. they are so focused on piracy(excuse spelling) .

Forget about us who are paying taxes and going to a store to purchase a product, so you see a game in a box all packaged up,you pull out 60 almost 70 dollars to purchase a game,than when you get home it doesnt work or shall i say full of bugss.

why are these store putting faulty products on there shelves, because we sit here online trting to fix there problems, instead we should be writting to consumer affairs and protesting against these stores that put faulty products on there shelves.

If im paying close to 70 dollars for a game it better been tested and better work if not it should say what platform it doesnt work on. these companies should be paying us for beta tesing, or at least for our gas to take a trip to the store to buy a unfinished product! this has been going on for years, and we got to say to our selves this is enough my time is value and so is my money.

there should be no need for patches, why because they should hire beta testers on multiple plateforms and know these issues exsist. how could they not know the controller issue the camrea either says pointed up or donw wtf!

This is why there are so many pirates....who wants to pay for something that is broken, would you be looking on the net tryin to fix a broken HD flate screen tv or would you return it, and if it kept happening wouldnt you report to consumer affiars about a store selling you broken HD Tv's.

This is crazy people wake up start writting to officals, stop buy broken stuff,and push to pass laws to protect us,they should have laws that must be FDA approved get it! before passing junk on the shelves..and dont get mme started on windows 7 what a freakin broken product WOW.

In the end we are the ones to blame for not making a change!

Thats it im going back to the store and getting my money back this is a big BS Scam!!!

to the makers of darsiders for pc SUCK IT!!! you just lost a customer 4ever! you microsoft and fix your damb windows 7 OS....LOL

kemet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19 kemet
Member since 2003 • 30 Posts

https://consumeraffairs.com/php/a_report.php

http://www.consumerconnect.ie/eng/Hot_Topics/FAQs/Faulty-goods/

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/consumer-rights-refunds-exchange

NanoMan88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 NanoMan88
Member since 2006 • 1220 Posts

Well since I got my controller to work correctly I've been playing more and while it's a good game I wish I could force AA.

I tried the nvidia control panel and rivatuner and both don't work.

And nHancer doesn't work with newer drivers.

The optimization is still bad and I doubt they will fix it.

The game is perfectly playable but it's annoying to see such low FPS for a game of this graphical quality.

Hakkai007

Im worried I just bought it from d2d yesterday, I hope its runs well

Mcflami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Mcflami
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
I have the same problem, with teh controller. I tried to deinstall and reinstall more than twice times and it didn't work yet. also I unplugged my graphic tablet, but still teh cam goes either up or down. what else should I unplugg?? mouse, keyboard, printer/scanner, wifi adapter??or shall I try conecting my controller to another USBport?? pls help
Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#22 Lach0121
Member since 2007 • 11783 Posts

How does it work with a 360 controller? I have one of those.

dyaballikl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 96

#23 dyaballikl
Member since 2004 • 8034 Posts

I'm having no performance issues so far. With V-sync disabled, I'm showing framerates of 200+fps on a moderate new-ish system.

My problem is with the controls....still. Keyboard and mouse do nothing with no controller plugged in (even after reboot). 360 controller does nothing when it is plugged in, except the Start button works, which is weird. Super frustrating, because listening to the Giant Bombcast made me REALLY want to play this game!

erdemn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 erdemn
Member since 2010 • 213 Posts
what the hell why revive such an old thread?
dyaballikl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 96

#25 dyaballikl
Member since 2004 • 8034 Posts

Still relevant.

slvrraven9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#26 slvrraven9
Member since 2004 • 9278 Posts

[QUOTE="Ra-Qin"]

Hakkai007

i am RIGHT there with you. i have a logitech Pad and i had/have to use my ps3 pad to play the game....which i havent configured for it yet. its a shame considering my logitech is a damn good pad too. just gotta wait on a patch i guess...

slvrraven9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 slvrraven9

Hakkai007

how?

slvrraven9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 slvrraven9
GODDAMN NECRO THREADS.....PISSING ME OFF!!!!!! WTF DUDES.....
slvrraven9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 slvrraven9

I'm having no performance issues so far. With V-sync disabled, I'm showing framerates of 200+fps on a moderate new-ish system.

My problem is with the controls....still. Keyboard and mouse do nothing with no controller plugged in (even after reboot). 360 controller does nothing when it is plugged in, except the Start button works, which is weird. Super frustrating, because listening to the Giant Bombcast made me REALLY want to play this game!

dyaballikl

with such a high post count, dude you should know better than to resurrect these old ass threads...

ionusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#30 ionusX
Member since 2009 • 25777 Posts

Anyone having a gamepad problem with Darksiders?

I use a logitech gamepad and the camera is stuck either up or down depending if you have reverse controls.

Moving left to right kind of works but up to down on the camera view doesn't.

Keyboard controls work but are not good for this game.

Hakkai007

wut u talkin bout i ebat darksiders rather simply using keys n mice. the only real challenge was the stygian which took all of a few minutes to grasp

Kratos_Uchiha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Kratos_Uchiha
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
i have the exactly the same issue.. is your version of this game the version that converted from xbox 360 to pc?? please if you fixed it tell me how??
Kratos_Uchiha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Kratos_Uchiha
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts

Hakkai007
please tell me how??