Dammit, Valve.... (Regarding the free gifts)

• 64 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Masenkoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 0

#51 Masenkoe
Member since 2007 • 4897 Posts

mfw my friend got Portal 2 from the L4D2 achievement

no crafting, none at all.

Arthur96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#52 Arthur96
Member since 2011 • 950 Posts

[QUOTE="metroidfood"]

[QUOTE="ChubbyGuy40"]

Crafted 21 coal and got 2 santa hats for TF2, which I don't play, and the last one I got was nothing. Nothing at all for TF2, Spiral Knights, or Steam/Steam coupons.

Still, I'm probably the most lucky person here when it came to the Steam Gift Pile.

ChubbyGuy40

Any chance you'd trade those hats?

I would give the santa hats away but both of them say they aren't tradable.

Gift wrap.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#53 R4gn4r0k  Online
Member since 2004 • 46683 Posts

I only have about a 20m-1 chance of winning the big giveawaytjoeb123

I think the chances are even smaller because I read about people cheating to get achievements.

But I'll take my very slim chances over another worthless coupon thank you very much.

Also TC, go play DoD:S. It's a great game ;)

supras989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#54 supras989
Member since 2006 • 1558 Posts

lol complaining cause you didn't get some of the most expensive games on steam? Heck man I crafted my 7 coal and only got a coupon, be grateful haha

XIntoTheBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 XIntoTheBlue
Member since 2009 • 1070 Posts
[QUOTE="tjoeb123"]I guess not releasing sales numbers isn't enough for you, eh? I finally get 7 coal, and since I only have about a 20m-1 chance of winning the big giveaway, I decided to craft my coal into a free game. And what do I get? A game of YOUR choosing, not mine. DoD:S. Now, I haven't played the game yet, so I'm sure it's good. But seriously, Valve? I would've much preferred MW3 or LA Noire or something like that if I had the choice. Anyone else have the same problem as me?

Only problem I have it you're acting like a spoiled brat. Be glad you got something free. Valve doesn't owe you a free copy of MW3 or LA Noire.
skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#56 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts
Stop acting like an entitled child. You're getting a free game, from random chance and Valve being a private company don't have to do **** with their sales numbers.
samuraiguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 samuraiguns
Member since 2005 • 11588 Posts

It's a free game, why do people complain about free things? It's one thing to complain about a product that you paid for, but a free one?

I will never understand the ideologies of consumerism/ists.

Valve is provifing an amzing service by giving us sales where the games are DIRT cheap (no pun intened), and allowing us to get freebies in the process and yet once again self-entitled jackasses feel that they deserve the world. In no other media form that exists on the face of this planet exists a service that competes on the level of valve's STEAM service.

GuitarPAaron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#58 GuitarPAaron
Member since 2006 • 1368 Posts

This is that sense of entitlement I was talking about in the other thread. People act like the world owes them everything. Stop acting like a selfish child op. Think about what you are requesting. Valve gave away free things. There were like 6 pieces of free coal that you could get. Get some 2.50 game and craft the coal and get MW3. Steam is giving away copies of one of their bestselling games at this point. Use your brain moron. You don't deserve **** and frankly immature self entitled morons like you make the entire community look bad.

If you got a free Camaro would you complain that it wasn't a Mercedes? Grow up and be thankful. Jesus Christ.

tjoeb123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#59 tjoeb123
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts
Okay, fine. I accept the free game. Now, STOP CALLING ME A CHILD.
Avatar image for the_ChEeSe_mAn2
the_ChEeSe_mAn2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 the_ChEeSe_mAn2
Member since 2003 • 8463 Posts
Am I the only one who hasn't partaken in the Holiday Gift thing?KHAndAnime
You aren't alone. The only goals I completed were having 10 games on my wishlist (had them from before) and the only coal I got was joining the holiday group and 1 just by default. Otherwise I haven't purchased anything or completed any other goals.
slvrraven9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#61 slvrraven9
Member since 2004 • 9278 Posts

I'm sure we'd all prefer to have a nice expensive game, but that's just not how it works. Be lucky you got a full game. I crafted my 7 coal into a 50% off coupon for dino d day :cry:

Evz0rz
i got a 50% off valve complete pack :(
creaturemagic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 creaturemagic
Member since 2010 • 641 Posts
Day of Defeat: Source is absolutely amazing! Why the hell would you want MW3 anyway? MW3 is horrible, its one of those "avoid like the plague" games. DoD:S on the other hand is one of those hidden gem games. Go download DoD:S (600mb if I recall) and play it and stop being a self entitled little child.
skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts
Okay, fine. I accept the free game. Now, STOP CALLING ME A CHILD.tjoeb123
Stop acting like one first.
CaptainAhab13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#64 CaptainAhab13
Member since 2010 • 5121 Posts
You're complaining about DoDS?! That's a great game! You were luckier than most.