Crysis or Bioshock

• 77 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Lemonio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Lemonio
Member since 2006 • 513 Posts

which one

i liked the bioshock demo more but not sure overall, note i have a new system so i can run both on max

Baranga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 Baranga
Member since 2005 • 14217 Posts
Crysis.
DivergeUnify

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 DivergeUnify
Member since 2007 • 15150 Posts
Crysis. Bioshock bored the hell out of me
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#4 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts
Crysis >> Bioshock
Omni-Wrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Omni-Wrath
Member since 2008 • 1970 Posts
Crysis if your computercan handle it. Buy the orginal one not warhead. Crysis is so fun.
flopzone2_429

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 flopzone2_429
Member since 2008 • 42 Posts
crysis .....bioshock sux
CellAnimation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 CellAnimation
Member since 2007 • 6116 Posts
Personally I prefered Bioshock to Crysis/Crysis Warhead. They're all good though.
biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#8 biggest_loser
Member since 2007 • 24508 Posts
Bioshock definitely. Stronger storytelling and it will probably last you longer as well. Single Player is about 15 hours. Crysis is meant to be 7 hours - although you can try MP and maybe run through the game again to try different suit powers.
Thebettafish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Thebettafish
Member since 2006 • 329 Posts

Crysis is more an FPS. Bioshock seems to be more an RPG with an FPS element. Choose accordingly, I had fun with both games, IMO though, Bioshock is a lot longer.

-Betta

Lemonio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Lemonio

overall i'd say i'm more of an rpg fan since the games i currently have installed are oblivion, fallout 3, mass effect, witcher, star wars battlefront 2, and cod 4

that's 4 rpgs and 2 shooters

i didn't think the graphics of crysis were that amazing but i'll admit the physics in the demo were amazing

i loved that i could throw a barrel at a shack and it would collapse on its occupants

bioshock seemed a little funner although maybe a little bit too creepy

F1_2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 F1_2004
Member since 2003 • 8009 Posts
Bioshock needs to be played if you're an FPS fan, it's unique. Crysis is tech demo #1001
GodLovesDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#13 GodLovesDead
Member since 2007 • 9755 Posts
Crysis for sure. It's much more fun and intense..
Baranga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Baranga

Crysis is meant to be 7 hours - although you can try MP and maybe run through the game again to try different suit powers. biggest_loser

Depends on how you play, I finished it in 10.

There's a ton of user maps and mods, many of which are quite impressive. There are even medieval maps, Oblivion maps, urban maps...

And then there's the Sandbox; even a complete noob can have fun with it.

Crysis offers a lot more value than BioShock.

It's 20-30 dollars now, buy Warhead too for another 30 and you have one hell of a package (not you, BL:P )

Bioshock needs to be played if you're an FPS fan, it's unique. Crysis is tech demo #1001F1_2004

No, Crysis is a Michael Bay movie.

Damn, I have to log out before I raaaaaaaaaaaaage because people call Bioshock unique and original :P

Avatar image for Captain__Tripps
Captain__Tripps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Captain__Tripps
Member since 2006 • 4523 Posts

Crysis is more an FPS. Bioshock seems to be more an RPG with an FPS element. Choose accordingly, I had fun with both games, IMO though, Bioshock is a lot longer.

-Betta

Thebettafish
Uh, Bioshock is a FPS. its nothing like an RPG, I don't know how you would even say it has RPG elements.
thusaha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 thusaha
Member since 2007 • 14495 Posts
Crysis.
biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 biggest_loser
[QUOTE="Thebettafish"]

-Betta

Captain__Tripps
Uh, Bioshock is a FPS. its nothing like an RPG, I don't know how you would even say it has RPG elements.

No. Not even I would say its an RPG - its definitely an action game.
ZamatoElite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18 ZamatoElite
Member since 2008 • 27 Posts
Seriously! What the **** is up with Bioshock. It's not a good game at all. It's sooooo overrated, it't not even funny. The game-play was clunky as hell. The only good thing about that game was the story and environment. Ok, I'll admit the story was awesome. I really liked the Anarchy theme. But the game-play was not that great. C'mon!?1
jpph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 jpph
Member since 2005 • 3337 Posts

i doubt you can run crysis on max.

but anyway, it depends what you value more, storyline or gunplay. gunplay for crysis, and its very very replayable. bioshock is incredible for the first 10 hours or so.

F1_2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 F1_2004

gunplay for crysis, and its very very replayable. bioshock is incredible for the first 10 hours or so.

jpph

Take this with a grain of salt. I'm a big FPS fan, but I couldn't bring myself to play through crysis more than twice. The online also isn't that great, and it's not nearly as populated as some of the other big FPS'es.

jpph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 jpph
Member since 2005 • 3337 Posts
[QUOTE="jpph"]

gunplay for crysis, and its very very replayable. bioshock is incredible for the first 10 hours or so.

F1_2004

Take this with a grain of salt. I'm a big FPS fan, but I couldn't bring myself to play through crysis more than twice. The online also isn't that great, and it's not nearly as populated as some of the other big FPS'es.

that may be the case, but it is by no means a tech demo

GodLovesDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 GodLovesDead
Member since 2007 • 9755 Posts
[QUOTE="jpph"]

F1_2004

Bioshock doesn't even have online. :P
Lemonio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Lemonio

i doubt you can run crysis on max.

but anyway, it depends what you value more, storyline or gunplay. gunplay for crysis, and its very very replayable. bioshock is incredible for the first 10 hours or so.

jpph

yes i can. i ran the demo on max.

in that case i'll ask this, is the multiplayer in crysis fun?

because of the demos i definetly liked the bioshock singleplayer more

F1_2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 F1_2004
Not really.
IMaBIOHAZARD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#25 IMaBIOHAZARD
Member since 2008 • 1464 Posts
rlly? Crysis has probly the strongest singleplayer ever made...sort of. A few flaws when it gets to the later levels (if u get it, just stop playing when u hit the zero grav level, nothing past that point is worth the pain) but the first 2/3 of the game, a good 10-13 hours or so, I think, are revolutionary masterpieces. Practically open-world, BEAUTIFUL graphics, great guns and punchy weapons too, really good sound, and probably the most rewarding stealth options EVER. Bioshock is also just as amazing, but in a slightly different way. Whereas Crysis lacked in narrative (the story was okay, passable, and the voice acting was pretty dam strong, but it wasn't gripping. the real gold is the gameplay) Bioshock creates a world that teems with life...u feel like ur rlly in the city of Rapture. And the gameplay is VERY intense. Crysis, as far as shooters go, can be less intense...if you so choose to play the game that way. The real beauty of it is that u can play the game pretty much any way u want. But I'd rather not rave...Crysis. Definitely Crysis.
Avatar image for OrlandoEngelaar
OrlandoEngelaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 OrlandoEngelaar
Member since 2008 • 128 Posts
Depends if you like graphic powerhouse run of the mill shooter or good story and unique ideas with average gameplay.
kitkat10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 kitkat10
Member since 2008 • 29 Posts
boishock is better
Avatar image for OrlandoEngelaar
OrlandoEngelaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 OrlandoEngelaar
Member since 2008 • 128 Posts
Depends if you like graphic powerhouse run of the mill shooter or good story and unique ideas with average gameplay.
biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 biggest_loser
[QUOTE="IMaBIOHAZARD"]rlly? Crysis has probly the strongest singleplayer ever made...sort of. A few flaws when it gets to the later levels (if u get it, just stop playing when u hit the zero grav level, nothing past that point is worth the pain) but the first 2/3 of the game, a good 10-13 hours or so, I think, are revolutionary masterpieces. Practically open-world, BEAUTIFUL graphics, great guns and punchy weapons too, really good sound, and probably the most rewarding stealth options EVER. Bioshock is also just as amazing, but in a slightly different way. Whereas Crysis lacked in narrative (the story was okay, passable, and the voice acting was pretty dam strong, but it wasn't gripping. the real gold is the gameplay) Bioshock creates a world that teems with life...u feel like ur rlly in the city of Rapture. And the gameplay is VERY intense. Crysis, as far as shooters go, can be less intense...if you so choose to play the game that way. The real beauty of it is that u can play the game pretty much any way u want. But I'd rather not rave...Crysis. Definitely Crysis.

The voice acting is awful in Crysis.
mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#31 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58503 Posts

Crysis. It is nothing short of FPS perfection, rivaling Halflife in terms of enjoyment (tho perhaps not flare and favor).

Bioshock. Well, I was initially tough on it but going back wand replaying it I find it more enjoyable after letting it sit in its box for a few months. Its an enjoyable game, and while the initial play through is longer than Crysis', there is not nearly 5% of Crysis' replayability available in Bioshock.

In short, buy both. But if you had to choose, choose Crysis.

sandeep410

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 sandeep410
Member since 2004 • 1180 Posts
Bio shock is booring as hell.Same old thing again and again.Story is also hard to understand bec its told through a radio and ppl like me doesnt have the patience of hear it silently and carefully to make out the plot.Graphics of bio shock sucks worst UE3 game
ShimmerMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#33 ShimmerMan
Member since 2008 • 4634 Posts

Get Bioshock for sure. Crysis is ****ing poo..

Curlyfrii87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#34 Curlyfrii87
Member since 2004 • 15057 Posts
Crysis.
biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 biggest_loser

[QUOTE="biggest_loser"][QUOTE="IMaBIOHAZARD"]rlly? Crysis has probly the strongest singleplayer ever made...sort of. A few flaws when it gets to the later levels (if u get it, just stop playing when u hit the zero grav level, nothing past that point is worth the pain) but the first 2/3 of the game, a good 10-13 hours or so, I think, are revolutionary masterpieces. Practically open-world, BEAUTIFUL graphics, great guns and punchy weapons too, really good sound, and probably the most rewarding stealth options EVER. Bioshock is also just as amazing, but in a slightly different way. Whereas Crysis lacked in narrative (the story was okay, passable, and the voice acting was pretty dam strong, but it wasn't gripping. the real gold is the gameplay) Bioshock creates a world that teems with life...u feel like ur rlly in the city of Rapture. And the gameplay is VERY intense. Crysis, as far as shooters go, can be less intense...if you so choose to play the game that way. The real beauty of it is that u can play the game pretty much any way u want. But I'd rather not rave...Crysis. Definitely Crysis.OoSuperMarioO

The voice acting is awful in Crysis.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szpDKpYMNA8

lol I missed you too buddy!!
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 kozzy1234

Ill break it down, imo of course.

CRYSIS

- Better gameplay

- Has Online

- Thousands of user made mods

- Great replay value

- Better sound editing

- Better graphics

- More places to explore, doesnt guide you or have one path for you to follow. You can do about missions and levels differnt ways.

BIOSHOCK

- Better soundtrack

- Better story

- Better Characters

THINGS IT DOES ABOUT EQUAL

- Atmsophere

Crysis = 9.5/10

Bioshock = 8.5/10

All of this is of course my personal opinion

F1_2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 F1_2004
By the way, the "open world" thing or freedom that keeps getting mentioned about Crysis is nonexistent. The game is as linear as ever. Yes, you are given a bunch of jungle to run through, but most of it is just trees, and the surrounding mountains always funnel you into your next objective. Mostly you can just skip a checkpoint or two, but you're still going to the same place and doing the same thing everytime. Also, after the *spoilers* spaceship, it changes from an elusively linear game, into a perfectly linear game right to the end.
biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 biggest_loser
By the way, the "open world" thing or freedom that keeps getting mentioned about Crysis is nonexistent. The game is as linear as ever. Yes, you are given a bunch of jungle to run through, but most of it is just trees, and the surrounding mountains always funnel you into your next objective. Mostly you can just skip a checkpoint or two, but you're still going to the same place and doing the same thing everytime. Also, after the *spoilers* spaceship, it changes from an elusively linear game, into a perfectly linear game right to the end.F1_2004
Yes they are very wide corridors really. Kozzy must have played a special version where you aren't "guided" apparently.
X360PS3AMD05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 X360PS3AMD05
Member since 2005 • 36320 Posts
Baioshock.
naval

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#40 naval
Member since 2003 • 11108 Posts
Crysis. Bioshock's lame gameplay makes it a chore to finish
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 kozzy1234

By the way, the "open world" thing or freedom that keeps getting mentioned about Crysis is nonexistent. The game is as linear as ever. Yes, you are given a bunch of jungle to run through, but most of it is just trees, and the surrounding mountains always funnel you into your next objective. Mostly you can just skip a checkpoint or two, but you're still going to the same place and doing the same thing everytime. Also, after the *spoilers* spaceship, it changes from an elusively linear game, into a perfectly linear game right to the end.F1_2004

Crysis lets you got about and do missions you want to do or dont want to do. In Bioshock you have no freedom to mission around or check out new areas or ways to go about doing the missions. Go play Bioshock again and same with crysis, come back and tell me bioshock has more "free-roaming" then crysis does.

IMO Bioshock doesnt have any OTHER ways to do missions like crysis does. Crysis lets you do it rambo style and go in from the front of a base all guns blazing, or you can go a totally differnt direction and hop on a boat and sneak up behind them stealth like from the back. Its not just one room or corridor that you must follow, crysis allows for much more freedom imo.

Dont want to do a side objective? Fine, skip it or do it. Ive beaten Bioshock 3 times and its been exactly the same each time. But with Crysis, everytime i play or beat it, its a differnt way i go about doing it (differnt paths, tactics,etc..). And when friends of mine play Crysis for the first time, they play it completly differnt then me, doing things in totally differnt ways. But with Bioshock, there is no OTHER way to go about missions like in Crysis.

Both are great games, but for me personally i got a much more replay out of crysis then i did bioshock. With Bioshock for me it was the same thing beating it again, but beating crysis multiple times i played it completly differnt each times.

wizdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#42 wizdom
Member since 2003 • 10111 Posts
[QUOTE="Lemonio"]

which one

i liked the bioshock demo more but not sure overall, note i have a new system so i can run both on max

Bioshock, imo its a better overall game then Crysis.
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 kozzy1234

[QUOTE="F1_2004"]By the way, the "open world" thing or freedom that keeps getting mentioned about Crysis is nonexistent. The game is as linear as ever. Yes, you are given a bunch of jungle to run through, but most of it is just trees, and the surrounding mountains always funnel you into your next objective. Mostly you can just skip a checkpoint or two, but you're still going to the same place and doing the same thing everytime. Also, after the *spoilers* spaceship, it changes from an elusively linear game, into a perfectly linear game right to the end.biggest_loser
Yes they are very wide corridors really. Kozzy must have played a special version where you aren't "guided" apparently.

The only parts where i felt guided was in small areas/buildings/coridors. The missions outside didnt feel GUIDED at all to me, there are endless possibilities for tackling missions on the out door parts of crysis. Ive never gone about doing the outdoor parts the same way in crysis, or gone down the same path to do a missio. It doesnt guide you along the road, you can go out in the ocean on a boat, go stealth thru the bushes, or drive a car fast down teh main road.

biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 biggest_loser

Crysis lets you got about and do missions you want to do or dont want to do. In Bioshock you have no freedom to mission around or check out new areas or ways to go about doing the missions.

kozzy1234

Bioshock does allow for some mild exploration of rooms for different parts of the story and other goodies. Though I suspect its linear nature is a reflection of its storyline and twist.

Bioshock doesn't offer different play style BUT it does offer different combat options.

For example: The first time through I could hack a gun turrent and turn it against the splicers. Or the next time I could use the Big Daddy Plasmid and turn the Big Daddy against the Splicers and Turrent.

But with Bioshock, there is no OTHER way to go about missions like in Crysis.

kozzy1234

Again, don't you think your options in combat are still "other ways" to complete your objectives in Bioshock?

F1_2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 F1_2004
What missions are you guys talking about? There's only a linear sequence of things you have to do to progress the storyline.
JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts
Crysis, Biokshock has a good story but lame gameplay overrall.
ShimmerMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#47 ShimmerMan
Member since 2008 • 4634 Posts
Bioshock is more immersive, has a better story line. Better characters.. more atmosphere. The only downside is that the replay ability is low. Crysis.. I never understood what all the fuss was about Crysis (or Farcry for that matter). To me it's a tech demo. It's no where near at the top of the FPS genre in terms of story telling like HL/HL2, or even COD4. If you played the demo for both games, that is a clear indication of which game you will enjoy more. As the full games for both titles are not much different from the demos.
danb0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#48 danb0
Member since 2004 • 445 Posts
Buy Crysis and get System Shock 2 off of ebay.
tratyu92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 tratyu92
Member since 2006 • 1773 Posts
Crysis.
Baranga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Baranga

in that case i'll ask this, is the multiplayer in crysis fun?

Lemonio

Only if you play it with people that know what to do. You have to work as a team.

Warhead's multiplayer is much better.