Crysis, Gears, Halo, Half Life and Starcraft vs 40k

This topic is locked from further discussion.

aliblabla2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 aliblabla2007
Member since 2007 • 16756 Posts

The 5 members of the Delta Force in Crysis (Nomad, Psycho Prophet, Aztec and Jester), Gordon Freeman, the 4 guys in GeOW's Delta Force, a Covenant Elite Squad of 12, a Spartan-II squad of 12, 8 Covenant Brutes, 4 hunters and 24 Terran Marines all together go up against 9 40k Space Marines, Space Marine Sergeant and 2 Terminators. Which side do you think will emerge the victor in these settings:

1. Tropical Island like the one in Crysis.

2. Urban Area as in a City.

3. Open Desert Fields.

Weapons and equipment given to each side:

Space Marines (Warhammer 40000):

-Each will have a Bolter, Grenades, Standard Monomolecular Knife, Mk VII Aquila Pattern Power Armour.

-One marine will have a Plasma Cannon.

-Another will have a Heavy Bolter.

-And another will have a lascannon.

-The Sergeant will have a Plasma Pistol and an Eviscerator Chainsword.

Space Marine Terminators (Warhammer 40000)

-1 with Assault Cannon, Tactical Dreadnought Armor.

-1 with Thunder Hammer, Tactical Dreadnought Armor.

Delta Force (Crysis):

-Nomad gets a TAC Nuke.

-One Squad member will have a Hand-Held Gatling gun.

-The others will have Gauss rifles and grenades. All will be equipped with the Nano Muscle Suit.

Spartan-II Squad (Halo):

-Lead by Master Chief who will be carrying a Spartan Laser.

-Linda is in the group, carrying a SRS 990D-S2 Sniper Rifle.

-The 11 other members in the squad will have BR55HB assault rifles. All will have Frag Grenades and Mjolnir MK.VI suits.

Covenant Elite Squad (Halo):

-Lead by the Arbiter carrying a Fuel Rod Cannon

-Other 11 members will be Minor Elites and have Brute Plasma Rifles. All will have Plasma Grenades and Shields.

Gordon Freeman (Half Life):

-Super Gravity Gun, Crowbar, Combine AR-2 Pulse Rifle, Frag Grenades, HEV suit.

Delta Force (Gears of War):

-Hammer of Dawn for Marcus alone.

-Lancers for the rest.

-Frag frenades, Armor.

Terran Marines (Starcraft):

-Gauss Rifles

Covenant Brute Squad (Halo):

-Lead by Tartarus carrying a T-25 GL.

-Other 7 members will be Brute Minors and have Brute Plasma Rifles.

-All will have T-2 Spike Grenades.

Covenant Hunter Packs (Halo)

-Fuel Rod Cannons, Shields, Armor, standard loadout.

Descriptions:

Space Marine (Warhammer 40000):

A 9ft tall acid spitting overkill supersoldier with power armor as thick as a wall and in this case a gun that shoots mini rockets at full-auto. Adeptus Astartes are fearless monstrosities, capable of surviving wounds that are beyond a normal human's ability to withstand. Speed wise, a Space Marine can run much faster than the eye can track.

Space Marine Terminators (WH40K):

The average Space Marine Terminator wears armor that can rival a modern-era battleship, but walk much much slower than your standard space marine. They can lift and fire what is an upscaled GAU-8 Gatling Gun, and walk while they are doing so. Comparing a Terminator Marine to a Space Marine is like comparing a Space Marine to a Spartan.

Delta Force (Crysis):

5 elite soldiers outfitted with the "Nano Muscle Suit" that can switch between Super Strength, Invisibility, Uber Running Speed or 50ft jumps.

Spartan Squad (Halo):

Group of 7ft tall supersoldiers wearing the MJolnir Mk.VI which is about as thick as your hand. Can easily wield alien technology. An armored SPARTAN-2 is at best still weaker than an unarmored Space Marine.

Covie Elite Squad (Halo):

Group of 8ft tall aliens with shields and the ability to wield any man-portable weapon. Elites are inferior to Space Marines.

Gordon Freeman (Half Life):

Athlethic scientist with a H.E.V. suit from Black Mesa. Pretty strong for an unaugmented human, though inferior to every other person in this list physically.

Delta Force (Gears of War):

A bunch of 6ft guys with arms thicker than heads and badass armor. I'd say around Catachan Human level in strength, who are comparable to unarmored SPARTANS.

Terran Marines (Starcraft):

Badly disciplined but fairly equipped soldiers.

Covenant Brutes (Halo) :

Larger ape-like Covenant who are about as strong as Space Marines, though not nearly as intelligent and well-equipped. Slightly less durable as well.

Covenant Hunters (Halo):

2 packs of 2 each, hunters are stronger than space marines, as well as actually having armor that is on par with the Space Marines.

Pics:

To those who don't know what any of the combatants are....

Space Marine:

Ultramarine

Of course, give the guy in this picture a helmet.

The Delta Force consists of guys like this:

Nomad

Spartan:

John-117

Gordon Freeman:

Gordon Freeman

Covenant Elite:

Covenant Elite

Gears of War Delta Force:

Delta Force

Terran Marines:

Terran Marines

Covenant Brutes:

http://nikon.bungie.org/screenshots/bnet.063004/BruteRender.jpg

Covenant Hunters:

http://www.mocpages.com/user_thumbnails/Omeen@hotmail.com/www.the-junkyard.net_images_characters_halo_hunter_large.jpg_SPLASH.jpg

Space Marine Terminator:

http://warseer.com/images/articles/40kadvanced/2.6%2040k%20Advanced%20Net%20Version_html_5f691113.jpg

Okay.. go.

XaosII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 XaosII
Member since 2003 • 16705 Posts

Yes. We get it. You like the Warhammer 40K universe.

Yes, everyone knows, pitting fictional characters against fictional characters is stupid and pointless condering they are all BS and based on fantasy where they can make up whatever the **** they want and have no commonality as the basis for any possible comparison and contrast that devolves into nothing more than a pissing contest of who knows more about the fictional universe of whatever side they are attempting to argue for.

aliblabla2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 aliblabla2007

Yes, everyone knows, pitting fictional characters against fictional characters is stupid and pointless condering they are all BS and based on fantasy where they can make up whatever the **** they want and have no commonality as the basis for any possible comparison and contrast that devolves into nothing more than a pissing contest of who knows more about the fictional universe of whatever side they are attempting to argue for.

XaosII

I get it. You don't like VS threads.

THEN STAY OUT OF THEM AND DON'T BOTHER POSTING COMMENTS! WHAT'S THE POINT?

ukillwegrill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ukillwegrill
Member since 2007 • 3528 Posts

Well for me its a tie between master cheifs squad,GeOW,and Gordon Freeman

Master cheifs squad simply beacuse of him the rest of his squad amount to nothing

GeOW because well, there all huge and baddass, and they have huge guns with, friken chainsaws on um

Gordan because well, hes the man

I think you left out samus shed give a good fight

Have u watched the Master chief versus Samus video?

ElectricNZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ElectricNZ
Member since 2007 • 2457 Posts

Master cheifs squad simply beacuse of him the rest of his squad amount to nothing

GeOW because well, there all huge and baddass, and they have huge guns with, friken chainsaws on um

ukillwegrill

Dude it was everyone against the spacies...

ukillwegrill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ukillwegrill
Member since 2007 • 3528 Posts
[QUOTE="ukillwegrill"]

ElectricNZ

Dude it was everyone against the spacies...

Yeah but they suck so they were eliminated first,after that the rest fought for number one sppot

zeus_gb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#7 zeus_gb
Member since 2004 • 7793 Posts

I can tell you've thought about this a lot, haven't you?

The Space Marines would be wiped out.

aliblabla2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 aliblabla2007

I can tell you've thought about this a lot, haven't you?

The Space Marines would be wiped out.

zeus_gb

Yep, I thought about it alot..... about a few weeks ago.

So, do you want me to add some Kasrkins to the SMs to balance this out?

ElectricNZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ElectricNZ
Member since 2007 • 2457 Posts
You'd need a couple of land raiders to balance things out.
gamerguy845

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 gamerguy845
Member since 2007 • 2074 Posts

I think the squads would win, nice thread, can tell you put effort into it

gogators4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 gogators4life
Member since 2006 • 4654 Posts
Space Marines!!!!!!!!!!
JP_Russell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 JP_Russell
Member since 2005 • 12893 Posts
Option 3. Take the TAC Cannon out of the equation and the Space Marines would win. The regular marines might still die from all the heavy weaponry being focus-fired on them, but none of it would do any good against Terminator armor.
aliblabla2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 aliblabla2007
What will make it a more equal match?
Johnny_Rock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 Johnny_Rock
Member since 2002 • 40314 Posts
[QUOTE="XaosII"]

aliblabla2007

Dude, there are boards designed for this kinda crapola. Try stardestroyer.net

Kniterait

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Kniterait
Member since 2005 • 239 Posts
no.
mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#16 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58305 Posts

I think the space marines would win in a head-on, direct deathmatch-type situation.

However....

I think the combined talents of all the opposing characters would outwit them if they were in a more tactical situation. And comeon...they say that the marine armor is "like a battleship" but I have lost plenty of marines in Dawn of War to stupid orcs so they can be defeated by stupid, poorly-armed creatures.

With that said, I think if the Spartan squad led the overconfident marines into an ambush with the Hunters on one side with their big-ass cannons and the rest on the other side they might destroy the space marines.

BlackAlpha666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 BlackAlpha666
Member since 2005 • 2614 Posts
Well, if you think about it. The main characters from those FPS games, they can't really die. If they die, the game ends. So basically, they always play a "perfect" game in which they do not die. So, any W40K game character doesn't stand any chance.
JP_Russell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 JP_Russell
Member since 2005 • 12893 Posts

I think the space marines would win in a head-on, direct deathmatch-type situation.

However....

I think the combined talents of all the opposing characters would outwit them if they were in a more tactical situation. And comeon...they say that the marine armor is "like a battleship" but I have lost plenty of marines in Dawn of War to stupid orcs so they can be defeated by stupid, poorly-armed creatures.

mrbojangles25

1. Dawn of War is a very bad representation of the fluff. In the fluff, a single space marine is more formidable than a Tau Crisis Suit.

2. Orks are able to chop through SM power armor even in the fluff because of their strong gestalt psychic abilities. The thoughts and emotions of all living beings in 40K is what the warp is made of, and if enough people believe in something, it can become a reality as their thoughts take a solid shape in the warp. The Orks have this ability far more strongly than anyone, and being simplistically-minded creatures, they believe that mere metal axe'll chop dat tincan 'umie up good, so it becomes exponentially more powerful. Of course, this belief doesn't make a single Ork able to do anything (he couldn't make a Baneblade blow up by tapping it just because he believes it will), it just drastically increases their capabilities.

Also because the Orks are simplistic, they'll never figure out that they have this ability, they just think dey're Orks, and Orks is da biggest and da ba'est. The Orks' gestalt powers make them extremely dangerous, and if they weren't so simple-minded and learned to use their ability to their advantage against their enemies, they'd be able to destroy all their enemies just by collectively believing they would all spontaneously die (since the gestalt power stacks with every being that believes or feels the same thing). Well, their simplicity isn't the only thing stopping them, there's also the fact that Orks don't fight to kill, they fight to fight, and if they killed everyone else off, all dey'd have lef' ta fight 're otha Orks, and dat's not too bad 'cause Orks is da strongest, but a li'le variety makes fightin' even bettah!

EDIT - And on the off chance that a really smart Ork does figure out their abilities and tries to tell the others, they'd just go " 'Ey, don' get too close to dat one, he's one o' dem Wyrdboyz."

artur79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 artur79
Member since 2005 • 4679 Posts
This is officially one of the weirdest threads I've ever seen.
mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#20 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58305 Posts
[QUOTE="mrbojangles25"]

However....

JP_Russell

1. Dawn of War is a very bad representation of the fluff. In the fluff, a single space marine is more formidable than a Tau Crisis Suit.

2. Orks are able to chop through SM power armor even in the fluff because of their strong gestalt psychic abilities. The thoughts and emotions of all living beings in 40K is what the warp is made of, and if enough people believe in something, it can become a reality as their thoughts take a solid shape in the warp. The Orks have this ability far more strongly than anyone, and being simplistically-minded creatures, they believe that mere metal axe'll chop dat tincan 'umie up good, so it becomes exponentially more powerful. Of course, this belief doesn't make a single Ork able to do anything (he couldn't make a Baneblade blow up by tapping it just because he believes it will), it just drastically increases their capabilities.

Also because the Orks are simplistic, they'll never figure out that they have this ability, they just think dey're Orks, and Orks is da biggest and da ba'est. The Orks' gestalt powers make them extremely dangerous, and if they weren't so simple-minded and learned to use their ability to their advantage against their enemies, they'd be able to destroy all their enemies just by collectively believing they would all spontaneously die (since the gestalt power stacks with every being that believes or feels the same thing). Well, their simplicity isn't the only thing stopping them, there's also the fact that Orks don't fight to kill, they fight to fight, and if they killed everyone else off, all dey'd have lef' ta fight 're otha Orks, and dat's not too bad 'cause Orks is da strongest, but a li'le variety makes fightin' even bettah!

EDIT - And on the off chance that a really smart Ork does figure out their abilities and tries to tell the others, they'd just go " 'Ey, don' get too close to dat one, he's one o' dem Wyrdboyz."

:lol:

thanks for schooling me in a comedic fashion. One again, I learn more about the whole WH40k universe.

Frozzik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Frozzik
Member since 2006 • 3914 Posts

Well, i think the Crysis dudes and Gears dudes are fooked cos their weapons would be kinda archaic ( correct spelling?) and deflect off the space marines armour. I think just one space marine would find Master chief an easy fight so a squad would wipe his out, as for the others, well, if you have terminators then its game over.

Space marines easily win. ULTRAMARINES FTW lol.

OoSuperMarioO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 OoSuperMarioO
Member since 2005 • 6539 Posts
[QUOTE="XaosII"]

aliblabla2007

Need to take into account that Xaos has a low tolerance for threads like these. These threads become rather tiresome, no offense.
greatmax1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 greatmax1
Member since 2006 • 1868 Posts

XaosII
QFT
phalluman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 phalluman
Member since 2004 • 961 Posts
[QUOTE="XaosII"]

aliblabla2007

nicely done.

im going to have to say that everything would win vs the marines. dont get me wrong, i freakin LOVE space marines, but...

now, chaos marines on the other hand would tear some sh*t up!

sn1per114

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 sn1per114
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

id say gordon freeman activates noclip and the others cower in fear as they see him flying through walls to fudge them up with a crowbar

The_PC_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 The_PC_Gamer
Member since 2003 • 2910 Posts

wooooow

what the heck... OP dude way way wayyyy too much effort.

i heard "outside" is a nice place to go sometimes

kdawg88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 kdawg88
Member since 2009 • 2923 Posts
Sorry I don't know a lot about figurines, but I'd reckon a zerg rush (kekekekeke) could own pretty much anything.
quijeros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#28 quijeros
Member since 2008 • 1728 Posts

Revived a 2-year-old thread, but yeah... this is odd. :|

Swiftstrike5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points