Crysis 2 TRAILER IS OUT - FEW MINUTES AGO - BREAKING NEWS

• 123 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

areza1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 areza1
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

Hey guys. They released the video on there site few minutes ago. I don't really like it. But its okay. Very weird trailer I must say! Well enjoy anyway!

http://digg.com/d31NxpQ

chandu83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#2 chandu83
Member since 2005 • 4864 Posts
I am sold. Pre order confirmed.
couly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#3 couly
Member since 2004 • 6278 Posts
Trigens in far cry, aliens in Crysis and Warhead. Have they learned nothing? and now the protagonist is the incredible hulk.
Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10557 Posts

aren't trailers supposed to get you hyped? that was... underwelming. the music was more suited to something like bioshock (if bioshock was set in ny)

chandu83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 chandu83

aren't trailers supposed to get you hyped? that was... underwelming. the music was more suited to something like bioshock (if bioshock was set in ny)

Macutchi
This I have to agree.
areza1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 areza1
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
It was really weird I must say, but for some reason it has me hooked. More like a movie trailer then a game trailer. Show your friends that link guys and digg it. Hopefully crysis 2 has more support!
Kh1ndjal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 Kh1ndjal
Member since 2003 • 2788 Posts
i felt it was a little underwhelming, too. i'll need something more to get me hyped. and i still think the new nano suit looks hideous.
chandu83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 chandu83
[QUOTE="Kh1ndjal"]i felt it was a little underwhelming, too. i'll need something more to get me hyped. and i still think the new nano suit looks hideous.

The nano suit didn't look much different, besides that hardly matter, its an FPS game.
I am waiting for some gameplay footage and I am sure that its going to rock.
Solar-X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Solar-X
Member since 2010 • 510 Posts

Looks like they took a lot of inspiration from FO3 in there. And the music did not fit the trailer one bit.

Renevent42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Renevent42
Member since 2010 • 6654 Posts
Looked alright I guess...
04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 04dcarraher
Member since 2004 • 23832 Posts
What is it with over bulky muscle bound heroes on? He is way out of proportion.
Avatar image for Anarchist-TKC-1
Anarchist-TKC-1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Anarchist-TKC-1
Member since 2004 • 303 Posts

Already seen the trailer over here... (albeit poor quality, but the trailer is crap anyway)...

http://uk.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=27250199&tag=topics%3Btitle

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#13 dakan45
Member since 2009 • 18819 Posts
Weird trailer is weird. Kinda fallout 3 like. If the game looks like that (time square) Then there wont be any complains about level design. But seriously this is more of a teaser and the graphics did not look ingame to me. Therefore i would like to see more. Cant say i was impressed.
kevy619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#14 kevy619
Member since 2004 • 5617 Posts

this trailer tells me absolutely nothing about the game.

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 dakan45

this trailer tells me absolutely nothing about the game.kevy619

Sure it does, it tells you:

"See that? The actual game wont be nothing like that, it will be far better with all those things promised,etc,etc and it will be amazing :P"

But seriously, this is a pretty weird trailer. I am just not hyped. I mean they show us a deserted city and the main character slowly exploring the area with a dramatic feeling. Then BAM soldiers jump out of nowhere and fly in an empty city and an alien that came out from resistance 2 (Because the matrix aliens from the first game are in vocation) and thats it. No war, no ruined buildings from explosions, nothing. But hey dont worry because the actual game will be completly diffirent. Seriously i dont get it, That trailer felt like watching the very first bioshock teaser. The one that shows that skinny girl in the surface and not the big daddys underwater.

What i am trying to say is that this video is like some gears of war trailers that the character was alone running around in a ruined city with a similar song in the background and just like gears of war, the actual game wont be like that.

haberman13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 haberman13
Member since 2003 • 2414 Posts

Crysis 2 on console... sorry, fail. Consoles ruin games.

badlalo59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 badlalo59
Member since 2007 • 901 Posts
It's alright...I look forward to seeing more gameplay videos though. Thx for posting.
dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 dakan45

haberman13
Oh noes!!! We are all doomed. But seriously the possibility of turning dissapointing its like flipping a coin. Maybe crytek bothers more with the pc version. Or then again maybe they treat their product like every other mutliplatform developer treat theirs. We cant be sure yet. But dont worry, actual ingame gameplay videos are gonna arrive soon. Then we will see how good the game will be.
DigitalExile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 DigitalExile
Member since 2008 • 16046 Posts

Anyone remember that original Crysis trailer, the one that plays at the start of the game that goes through ther suit functions? That trailer was ****ing awesome, and matched gameplay and graphics fairly closely. This trailer didn't look like what I would expect the game to look like and it showed no gameplay features and just felt way out of place and wrong for a Crysis game.

Even though it's early days that just looked pretty crap. :(

denter21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 denter21
Member since 2003 • 1283 Posts
[QUOTE="dakan45"] Seriously i dont get it, That trailer felt like watching the very first bioshock teaser. The one that shows that skinny girl in the surface and not the big daddys underwater.

If you didn't understand that trailer, you didn't pay attention to the game. This trailer was fine, they went for it being more emotionally deep than it turned out, but it wasn't bad or in any way confusing.
The_Capitalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#22 The_Capitalist
Member since 2004 • 10838 Posts

Terrible trailer, terrible song (what sort of emo music was that?)

Still buying Crysis 2, but I was very unimpressed by this trailer. Crytek can do better than this (and they have, with the old Crysis trailers).

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 dakan45
[QUOTE="denter21"][QUOTE="dakan45"] Seriously i dont get it, That trailer felt like watching the very first bioshock teaser. The one that shows that skinny girl in the surface and not the big daddys underwater.

If you didn't understand that trailer, you didn't pay attention to the game. This trailer was fine, they went for it being more emotionally deep than it turned out, but it wasn't bad or in any way confusing.

What i am saying is what DigitalExile said. The trailer was not like crysis, full of action and all. It was a traielr just like the first trailers for bioshock and gears of war. The actual game will be nothing like that. Let alone not emotional and deep.
kevy619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 kevy619

haberman13
well when it fails, maybe crytek will learn a lesson.
chandu83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 chandu83
[QUOTE="dakan45"][QUOTE="denter21"][QUOTE="dakan45"] Seriously i dont get it, That trailer felt like watching the very first bioshock teaser. The one that shows that skinny girl in the surface and not the big daddys underwater.

What i am saying is what DigitalExile said. The trailer was not like crysis, full of action and all. It was a traielr just like the first trailers for bioshock and gears of war. The actual game will be nothing like that. Let alone not emotional and deep.

You have inside information about how the game is going to be like...that's good to know.
dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 dakan45
[QUOTE="chandu83"][QUOTE="dakan45"][QUOTE="denter21"] If you didn't understand that trailer, you didn't pay attention to the game. This trailer was fine, they went for it being more emotionally deep than it turned out, but it wasn't bad or in any way confusing.

You have inside information about how the game is going to be like...that's good to know.

Sometimes i get the feeling that gamers never learn how things work in games. So many games followed a similar course, its easy to say that the actual gameplay will be full of action and not emotion just like gears of war, fallout 3, world in conflict. Just like they hadsimilar teasers like that. But tell me, do you think that the actual game will be like that? Or it will be full of action and someone giving you objectives via radio just like the first game?
Farkeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Farkeman
Member since 2009 • 1199 Posts
nice trailer , but something with some action and some kinda rock style music , like in bf bc2 trailer would hype me more :)\ super graphics action fps game doing emo trailer , nah ....
chandu83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 chandu83
[QUOTE="dakan45"][QUOTE="chandu83"][QUOTE="dakan45"] What i am saying is what DigitalExile said. The trailer was not like crysis, full of action and all. It was a traielr just like the first trailers for bioshock and gears of war. The actual game will be nothing like that. Let alone not emotional and deep.

Sometimes i get the feeling that gamers never learn how things work in games. So many games followed a similar course, its easy to say that the actual gameplay will be full of action and not emotion just like gears of war, fallout 3, world in conflict. Just like they hadsimilar teasers like that. But tell me, do you think that the actual game will be like that? Or it will be full of action and someone giving you objectives via radio just like the first game?

What I think does not matter. There are no facts to back your assumptions.
Besides are complaining that certain games are full of action? What exactly do you want from a game? If you don't want action, go play games like Heavy Rain.
Artosa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Artosa
Member since 2005 • 5063 Posts
awful
Bigsteve3570

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Bigsteve3570
Member since 2009 • 975 Posts

I felt it was suitable for the cliffhanger ending at the end of Crysis. It has me hooked... a much darker/grittier feel and gives a sense of curiosity as to what happened the few years between Crysis 1 and 2.

Nothing is wrong with an unknown alien force as the main enemy. At least now they have the ability to create new and dynamic enemies whilst also adding in human enemies. Variety ftw.

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 dakan45

[QUOTE="dakan45"][QUOTE="chandu83"] You have inside information about how the game is going to be like...that's good to know. chandu83

Besides are complaining that certain games are full of action? What exactly do you want from a game? If you don't want action, go play games like Heavy Rain.

How i did not back up with facts? Gears of war first trailers was like that and it was nothing like that. Infact it was full of action. Also how you can have emotions in a game like world in conflict? :roll:

Also i never complained about action :) I like action alot, i have said that many times and yet you tell me something as random and riddiculous as "go play games like heavy rain" Its like i am trying to explain you something and you tell me the exact opposite like that what i was talking about when i am telling you i am against it.

You completly misses the point of my post. :(

Heavy rain for example IS like that, its meant to have emotions and trailers like that. But a fps full of action having trailers like that is rather misleading and not suitable. For example wouldnt be weird if mw2 had a similar trailer of Soap running around in an empty city with similar music and Heavy rain having a trailer with explosions and soldiers running around everywhere with fast paced music?

chandu83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 chandu83

[QUOTE="chandu83"][QUOTE="dakan45"] Sometimes i get the feeling that gamers never learn how things work in games. So many games followed a similar course, its easy to say that the actual gameplay will be full of action and not emotion just like gears of war, fallout 3, world in conflict. Just like they hadsimilar teasers like that. But tell me, do you think that the actual game will be like that? Or it will be full of action and someone giving you objectives via radio just like the first game?dakan45

How i did not back up with facts? Gears of war first trailers was like that and it was nothing like that. Infact it was full of action. Also how you can have emotions in a game like world in conflict? :roll:

Also i never complained about action :) I like action alot, i have said that many times and yet you tell me something as random and riddiculous as "go play games like heavy rain" Its like i am trying to explain you something and you tell me the exact opposite like that what i was talking about when i am telling you i am against it.

Heavy rain for example IS like that, its meant to have emotions and trailers like that. But a fps full of action having trailers like that is rather misleading and not suitable. For example wouldnt be weird if mw2 had a similar trailer of Soap running around in an empty city with similar music and Heavy rain having a trailer with explosions and soldiers running around everywhere with fast paced music?

I said facts about Crysis 2. Not Gears of War. How did that even enter the picture?

I don't get it. You rated Alone in the Dark PC at 8.5 and you got problems with Crysis and Gears of War? And you expect people on this board to take you seriously?

I can almost see more threads popping up about you.

kevy619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 kevy619

[QUOTE="dakan45"]

[QUOTE="chandu83"] What I think does not matter. There are no facts to back your assumptions.
Besides are complaining that certain games are full of action? What exactly do you want from a game? If you don't want action, go play games like Heavy Rain. chandu83

I said facts about Crysis 2. Not Gears of War. How did that even enter the picture?

I don't get it. You rated Alone in the Dark PC at 8.5 and you got problems with Crysis and Gears of War? And you expect people on this board to take you seriously?

I can almost see more threads popping up about you.

I dont usually agree with dakan, but hes aloud to like what he wants.

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 dakan45

I can almost see more threads popping up about you.chandu83

You still dont get the point :cry: My point was: That maybe this trailer looks like it wont have much of action but so did those other game trailers like the ones i pointed out like gears of war for example, turned out that the actual game is very diffirent from the trailer and full of action, that was my point. Also i dont get it. Why i cant like a game and dislike another despite ratings and beliefs what is good and what is bad. We are people with diffirent tastes and diffirent things to like and dislike. Not robots to have the same criteria. Every time i read one of your posts, you act like everyone must have the same tastes and likes and dislikes as you. Just like that wolfenstein thread. Like all the games you dont like are bad just because you and many others like you dont.

As i have said before my opinion, likes and dislikes and issues i have in games are my own and i am speaking my mind and my personal experiance and that does not mean that everyone should accept it like its their problem too. Honestly that sounds to me like because some people had problems with the mouse issue in dead space, that i should act like i had it too. But no, the game worked so no point of caring about it. But i guess that would sound wrong to you if i told you that i liked dead space more than crysis despite its issues and despite crysis being a pc exclusive....OH NOES!!!

That goes for alone in the dark. I like alone in the dark ideas and gameplay, i dont like crysis ideas and gameplay. I dont have to complain about alone in the dark because there is not something that i dont like. Unlike crysis. But the only problem i could call a valid issue by your criteria in alone in the dark will be the control which is solved as long as you play in first person view.

Buttons1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Buttons1990
Member since 2009 • 3167 Posts

[QUOTE="haberman13"]

kevy619

well when it WINS, maybe crytek will learn a lesson.

Corrected

Yep... When the console versions sell 10,000,000 copies between the PS3 and 360 and the PC version sells MAYBE 1,000,000 with another 6,000,000 pirated versions... They will learn the lesson everyone else has already learned... That the consoles are where the money is and Crysis 3 will be console exclusive...

YOU WAIT AND SEE GOOD SIR!

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 dakan45

[QUOTE="kevy619"][QUOTE="haberman13"]

Buttons1990

Corrected

Yep... When the console versions sell 10,000,000 copies between the PS3 and 360 and the PC version sells MAYBE 1,000,000 with another 6,000,000 pirated versions... They will learn the lesson everyone else has already learned... That the consoles are where the money is and Crysis 3 will be console exclusive...

^Which also depends on how they make the game, if its like the first, it wont do well on consoles, if it consolized. What you just said will happen. It is funny though when i said before "Crysis 3 wont be a optimized for lean" Thats what i meant. That if crysis 2 does well on the consoles, the developers. Or whatever developers make any game out there and not crytek specificly, will focus on consoles and dont even bother with simple stuff such as adding a lean mechanic on pc.
Farkeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Farkeman
Member since 2009 • 1199 Posts

[QUOTE="kevy619"][QUOTE="haberman13"]

Buttons1990

Corrected

besides pritty graphics and physix the game is not worth to cry about ... i didnt find crysis gameplay fun at all , its boring and repetative ! its good mod engine nothing more
mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#38 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58511 Posts

odd music, but a good trailer. I am soooo sold

Duking it out in an evacuated NY is going to be FREAKING EPIC!

brandojones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#39 brandojones
Member since 2005 • 3103 Posts

odd music, but a good trailer. I am soooo sold

Duking it out in an evacuated NY is going to be FREAKING EPIC!

mrbojangles25

Agreed, like always.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

All the footage so far look like cutscenes to me. I want to see the real game. I don't care much for the music. It's the first thing I turn off in all my games.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#41 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58511 Posts

All the footage so far look like cutscenes to me. I want to see the real game. I don't care much for the music. It's the first thing I turn off in all my games.

jun_aka_pekto

I was just happy to see some of the enemies; I definately like the art direction they took with them, giving the aliens suits of their own.

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 dakan45
[QUOTE="Buttons1990"]

[QUOTE="kevy619"] well when it WINS, maybe crytek will learn a lesson.Farkeman

Corrected

besides pritty graphics and physix the game is not worth to cry about ... i didnt find crysis gameplay fun at all , its boring and repetative ! its good mod engine nothing more

I agree, but the engine could be used for other games, it could turn out like unreal engine 3. I was watching some videos where the developers were showing that they make the engine so its an inexpensive way to achieve great graphics on consoles. So if it goes well the engine will be used by other developers just the unreal engine and we will play all games with crysis graphics. That alone is win.
chandu83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 chandu83

[QUOTE="chandu83"]I said facts about Crysis 2. Not Gears of War. How did that even enter the picture?

I can almost see more threads popping up about you.dakan45

You still dont get the point :cry: My point was: That maybe this trailer looks like it wont have much of action but so did those other game trailers like the ones i pointed out like gears of war for example, turned out that the actual game is very diffirent from the trailer and full of action, that was my point. Also i dont get it. Why i cant like a game and dislike another despite ratings and beliefs what is good and what is bad. We are people with diffirent tastes and diffirent things to like and dislike. Not robots to have the same criteria. Every time i read one of your posts, you act like everyone must have the same tastes and likes and dislikes as you. Just like that wolfenstein thread. Like all the games you dont like are bad just because you and many others like you dont.

As i have said before my opinion, likes and dislikes and issues i have in games are my own and i am speaking my mind and my personal experiance and that does not mean that everyone should accept it like its their problem too. Honestly that sounds to me like because some people had problems with the mouse issue in dead space, that i should act like i had it too. But no, the game worked so no point of caring about it. But i guess that would sound wrong to you if i told you that i liked dead space more than crysis despite its issues and despite crysis being a pc exclusive....OH NOES!!!

That goes for alone in the dark. I like alone in the dark ideas and gameplay, i dont like crysis ideas and gameplay. I dont have to complain about alone in the dark because there is not something that i dont like. Unlike crysis. But the only problem i could call a valid issue by your criteria in alone in the dark will be the control which is solved as long as you play in first person view.

You can like a game that nobody else likes. That's just fine.

But there is something called credibility, something that you just don't have on this board. Take a look around, there are plenty of people here who don't like Crysis, but you are the only one who stands out (need I remind you about the god awful Half Life 2 thread you started?)

You like or dislike anything you want, but I can also agree or disagree with your opinion. So far, I cannot think of any reason why I would agree with most things you spew forth.

I mean, you seem like to games with bad story, bad control issues, terrible visuals, and yet to come here and criticize Crysis and Half-Life 2. Don't think people are going to let that one go.

hoola

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 hoola
Member since 2004 • 6422 Posts

Looks really good. I might get this one and Warhead at the same time. Maybe i will even get a 5770 when my motherboard update releases to fix the compatibility issue with the ATI 5xxx series.

chandu83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 chandu83

Looks really good. I might get this one and Warhead at the same time. Maybe i will even get a 5770 when my motherboard update releases to fix the compatibility issue with the ATI 5xxx series.

hoola
Why not got with the 5850 or a GeForce 470?
dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 dakan45

[QUOTE="dakan45"]

[QUOTE="chandu83"]I said facts about Crysis 2. Not Gears of War. How did that even enter the picture?

I can almost see more threads popping up about you.chandu83

You can like a game that nobody else likes. That's just fine.

But there is something called credibility, something that you just don't have on this board. Take a look around, there are plenty of people here who don't like Crysis, but you are the only one who stands out (need I remind you about the god awful Half Life 2 thread you started?)

You like or dislike anything you want, but I can also agree or disagree with your opinion. So far, I cannot think of any reason why I would agree with most things you spew forth.

I mean, you seem like to games with bad story, bad control issues, terrible visuals, and yet to come here and criticize Crysis and Half-Life 2. Don't think people are going to let that one go.

No one likes? There are people who like that game, few but they are there. Also i did not started the hl2 thread. Someone else started it and everyone start a war on me because i happen to agree with him. I also remember another user saying that he agreed with me in every point. As for credability? I practicly love many old games like say, half life, deus ex, system shock 2, doom, fallout 2, kotor, far cry. Even doom 3 which is not favored by many on this board. I guess you like the game too, right? Thats does not make you less credable now does it? However i have to admit that i did not like half life 2 back then, i prefered cod, far cry and doom 3. Thats one i guess. If it was not that famous till today it wouldnt be such a big deal. I dont consider it a true sequel to half life. I dont know, it just does not feel like its that good. I have to admit that i dont like the way games are turning into nowadays. For example, stalker came out and i was highly dissapointed. Clear sky was worse and finally call of pripiyat is what it suposse to be. Dont expect me to like much a game with ai bugs and dated visuals or a game that tries to oblivion with guns, yet its so much less. Also we got crysis which was nothing like far cry and i did not like it either. Finally we got ass effefct which to me is an extremelly inferior version of kotor. So as i said i dont like how games have turned into, you can say i dont like the games favored by pc gamers nowadays but i 100% agreed with almost all the games favored from 1993 till 2004. Excluding morrowind, hl2 and gothic 3. I like ideas and gameplay more than story and control issues. Besides those issues did not hardm series like resident evil or silent hill. Those games were always like that. The control issues is debatable. The only control issues that annoys me is mouse accelaration in fps. As for terrible visuals? The only game i can think that i complain about visuals is stalker and hl2 by saying that they are pretty dated with todays standards, but not bad. While i value that a game has great visuals. I dont care much about graphics, i prefer the gameplay. However defending a game with dated graphics and saying that are not dated...is something i will respond negatively. The graphics are old thats visible i wont defend it. But as i have said before. Its the game that counts, yet dated graphics is something i dont forgive because devs have to keep up with the rest of the games and improve their product. But seriously what games do i like that have bad story and terrible visuals? Besides crysis is criticized for having a bad story. But i never criticized its story.
GeneralShowzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#47 GeneralShowzer
Member since 2010 • 11598 Posts

First words that come to mind...LAME.

I hope consolites are happy with their console game. And i hope Crytek is happy with creating mediocrity.

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 dakan45
[QUOTE="GeneralShowzer"]First words that come to mind...LAME. I am happy consolites are happy with their console game. And i hope Crytek is happy with creating mediocrity.

Oh come on, its too early to tell. I do admit the trailer is kinda meh. But we have not seen the game yet.
chandu83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 chandu83

No one likes? There are people who like that game, few but they are there. Also i did not started the hl2 thread. Someone else started it and everyone start a war on me because i happen to agree with him. I also remember another user saying that he agreed with me in every point. As for credability? I practicly love many old games like say, half life, deus ex, system shock 2, doom, fallout 2, kotor, far cry. Even doom 3 which is not favored by many on this board. I guess you like the game too, right? Thats does not make you less credable now does it? However i have to admit that i did not like half life 2 back then, i prefered cod, far cry and doom 3. Thats one i guess. If it was not that famous till today it wouldnt be such a big deal. I dont consider it a true sequel to half life. I dont know, it just does not feel like its that good. I have to admit that i dont like the way games are turning into nowadays. For example, stalker came out and i was highly dissapointed. Clear sky was worse and finally call of pripiyat is what it suposse to be. Dont expect me to like much a game with ai bugs and dated visuals or a game that tries to oblivion with guns, yet its so much less. Also we got crysis which was nothing like far cry and i did not like it either. Finally we got ass effefct which to me is an extremelly inferior version of kotor. So as i said i dont like how games have turned into, you can say i dont like the games favored by pc gamers nowadays but i 100% agreed with almost all the games favored from 1993 till 2004. Excluding morrowind, hl2 and gothic 3. I like ideas and gameplay more than story and control issues. Besides those issues did not hardm series like resident evil or silent hill. Those games were always like that. The control issues is debatable. The only control issues that annoys me is mouse accelaration in fps. As for terrible visuals? The only game i can think that i complain about visuals is stalker and hl2 by saying that they are pretty dated with todays standards, but not bad. While i value that a game has great visuals. I dont care much about graphics, i prefer the gameplay. However defending a game with dated graphics and saying that are not dated...is something i will respond negatively. The graphics are old thats visible i wont defend it. But as i have said before. Its the game that counts, yet dated graphics is something i dont forgive because devs have to keep up with the rest of the games and improve their product. But seriously what games do i like that have bad story and terrible visuals? Besides crysis is criticized for having a bad story. But i never criticized its story.dakan45

Man, I post a sentance and you hit me back with a wall of text. Oh well.

Let's see. My credibility is never an issue. Check my reviews and emblems.

As for you, you like to talk a lot without saying anything of substance. Like Mass Effect being an inferior version of KOTOR. I mean, seriously...its unanimously rated as one of the best games and you find something to complain about.

I did not respond to you post about Alone in the Dark having tricks such as throwing moltov cocktails. You are comparing that to a nanosuit in Crysis thatlets you turn invisible? And the moltove cocktail wins? Can imagine why I am at loss for words?

About STALKER Clear Sky...I have not played the game, but I did check your reviews section and sure enough there was a review of the game and you rated it 8/10. So you dislike a game because it has AI bugs and you rate it 8/10. What's that all about?

Nowabout visuals being dated in Half-Life 2, did you try playing it at 1920x1200 and at highest settings? If you did, then lets talk about Half-Life 2.

Also we got crysis which was nothing like far cry and i did not like it either.Dakan45

So what you are saying is, you want the same game again. If it was the same game, then you are going to be back here complain how its the same game. Bottomline is there is no pleasing the likes of you.

SRTtoZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 SRTtoZ
Member since 2009 • 4800 Posts

I am sold. Pre order confirmed. chandu83

Sold on a non gameplay trailer with a guy with huge Calves? lol.

jk, it should be really good being that I live in NY.