Crysis 2 PC, 360, Ps3 graphics comparison...you already know the winner.

• 91 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Crypt_mx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#1 Crypt_mx
Member since 2007 • 4739 Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAvwioAx0nE&hd=1

Sorry if you guys have already seen this, but I found it on the Crysis 2 forums and wanted to show it to you guys.

As you can see the PC version looks MUCH better than both consoles, which truly shows that the PC was the lead platform during development. As for what Crytek has done to address demo issues in full game...we will see on launch day.

Take note of a few things:

First image in comparison- PC version is cleaner, also objects cast shadows on the PC version only.

Second-Cleaner picture again, building looks better, better lighting, draw distance is pushed much further to fully see buildings.

Third- Shadows only cast on the PC again, notice the quality difference in the wall cracks, better lighting(shine on the wall tiles)

Fourth-Cleaner image, draw distance can be seen out the window, crate to the left has more detail.

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 ChubbyGuy40
Member since 2007 • 26442 Posts

Doesn't look as impressive as Crysis 1. Consolized game is consolized. Consoles were lead platform, not PC.

You also have to remember the full game isn't even out yet, nor is DX11/DX10.

GeneralShowzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#4 GeneralShowzer
Member since 2010 • 11598 Posts

[QUOTE="ChubbyGuy40"]

Doesn't look as impressive as Crysis 1. Consolized game is consolized. Consoles were lead platform, not PC.

Crypt_mx

The game wasnt supposed to be a graphics benchmark like crysis 1, it was meant to be a game that many people will play. The PC was the lead platform. Ignorant person is ignorant.

360 was the lead platform..that much is obvious.

That's why the PC version feels like a cheap console port and the PS3 version is pretty ugly and has bad performance.

blues35301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 blues35301
Member since 2008 • 2680 Posts

[QUOTE="ChubbyGuy40"]

Crypt_mx

The game wasnt supposed to be a graphics benchmark like crysis 1, it was meant to be a game that many people will play. The PC was the lead platform. Ignorant person is ignorant.

That is untrue, Crytek said multiple times that the game will be the best looking game available, and topple Crysis. Didn't happen.
Crypt_mx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Crypt_mx

[QUOTE="Crypt_mx"]

[QUOTE="ChubbyGuy40"]

blues35301

That is untrue, Crytek said multiple times that the game will be the best looking game available, and topple Crysis. Didn't happen.

Find that statement for me. You cant. Crytek never said it was supposed to topple Crysis 1.

GummiRaccoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 GummiRaccoon
Member since 2003 • 13799 Posts

Whoever wins, we lose.

GummiRaccoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 GummiRaccoon
Member since 2003 • 13799 Posts

[QUOTE="blues35301"][QUOTE="Crypt_mx"]

Crypt_mx

Find that statement for me. You cant. Crytek never said it was supposed to topple Crysis 1.

I think it is stupid that they actually released a game that looks worse than the game before it.

When was the last time that's happened? I can't even think of a time when there was such an obvious graphics downgrade.

cmdrmonkey45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 cmdrmonkey45
Member since 2010 • 360 Posts

It looks really average and totally underwhelming.

Edit: scratch that, watched more of the video and it looks horrible.

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 NaveedLife
Member since 2010 • 17179 Posts

[QUOTE="Crypt_mx"]

[QUOTE="blues35301"] That is untrue, Crytek said multiple times that the game will be the best looking game available, and topple Crysis. Didn't happen. GummiRaccoon

I think it is stupid that they actually released a game that looks worse than the game before it.

When was the last time that's happened? I can't even think of a time when there was such an obvious graphics downgrade.

Okami to Okamiden...oh wait...not much of a difference :P. Haha just picking, but yeah I agree that is lame. I think its a pretty title though, but overall a bit worse looking than Crysis 1 so far.

Crypt_mx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Crypt_mx

[QUOTE="Crypt_mx"]

[QUOTE="blues35301"] That is untrue, Crytek said multiple times that the game will be the best looking game available, and topple Crysis. Didn't happen. GummiRaccoon

Well, crysis 1 was a benchmark game. They put it out with the attitude "It looks so good that you cant even run it". This really hurt their sales, but since the game sold decently they had a shot at doing it again.

This time though, they hit it from a business perspective and wanted to make a game that could run on current hardware.

While this sort of thing doesnt happens rarely, i understand why it needed to be done.

blues35301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 blues35301

Crypt_mx

They said it multiple times, Ask anyone that followed C2 as heavily as I did. I'm normally not the type of person that goes digging for links but I'll check for you. Ask Alyxxsin or w/e his name is he's like the C2 guru I'd assume he has almost all the info on the games development and press releases.

For the whole dev cycle they were saying it would set a new standard and actually recently they kind of back peddaled and said "it will look at least as beautiful as Crysis 1 for pc players" or something like that. Again I'll look for the link for you unless someone has it and wants to help out.

GeneralShowzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 GeneralShowzer
[QUOTE="Crypt_mx"]

[QUOTE="blues35301"] That is untrue, Crytek said multiple times that the game will be the best looking game available, and topple Crysis. Didn't happen. blues35301

They said it multiple times, Ask anyone that followed C2 as heavily as I did. I'm normally not the type of person that goes digging for links but I'll check for you. Ask Alyxxsin or w/e his name is he's like the C2 guru I'd assume he has almost all the info on the games development and press releases.

I tried to find the interview, but it's pretty old now and i can't find it. But it's true...they said it. They said that it will blow minds on PC and it will be the best looking game.
Crypt_mx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Crypt_mx

GeneralShowzer

I tried to find the interview, but it's pretty old now and i can't find it. But it's true...they said it. They said that it will blow minds on PC and it will be the best looking game.

I followed Crysis 2 closely and never heard a statement as bold as what you guys are saying.

If you can find it id be interested, but anyways, I think Crysis 2 still looks great. Not as good as 1 but still awesome.

cmdrmonkey45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 cmdrmonkey45

It's like I've been transported back to 2005 and I'm looking at some crappy Doom 3 mod. Crytek should be ashamed.

blues35301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 blues35301

Here is one of the original statements, that floated around in multiple interviews and articles, After that it started to snow ball into Cevat and Camarillo saying it would be the best looking game ever released and the dx11 version would blow people away.

They even went as far as saying they wouldn't show the pc version til very late as to not blow away the console version and dishearten console gamers seeing they would have a much inferior version. Turns out they didn't show the pc version because its very, very underwhelming and dx11 is an after thought.

Just this past week or two is when the last statement came out about how it will be at least as beautiful as Crysis 1. I'm almost sure thats the direct quote.

blues35301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 blues35301

Bombshell

Its disappointing surely. Yes the game still looks "good" but I was prepared to be blow away. Its been over 3 years Crysis wow'ed us PC gamers and we want the next step. Well Crytek has given up apparently.

cmdrmonkey45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 cmdrmonkey45

Bombshell

blues35301

LOL. They should just cancel this game and throw all of the copies in the landfill next to ET for Atari.

Crypt_mx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Crypt_mx

Bombshell

blues35301

This is something that I hadnt seen. If that statement is correct then perhaps crytek did BS people.

I heard them say vague statements regarding the graphics, or statements that were open to interpretation (game will look better and be less demanding= Crysis 2's low setting is much more impressive than Crysis 1's medium setting and requires less to run)

However that statement is blunt and completely incorrect.

In any case, im still happy the pc version looks noticably better, as it is still a good looking game. Crytek should have chosen their words more wisely.

Crypt_mx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Crypt_mx

It's like I've been transported back to 2005 and I'm looking at some crappy Doom 3 mod. Crytek should be ashamed.

cmdrmonkey45

You're trolling like...really hard. Its sad to see someone post this many times on a topic just to spout negative crap.

blues35301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 blues35301

[QUOTE="blues35301"]

Bombshell

Crypt_mx

This is something that I hadnt seen. If that statement is correct then perhaps crytek did BS people.

I heard them say vague statements regarding the graphics, or statements that were open to interpretation (game will look better and be less demanding= Crysis 2's low setting is much more impressive than Crysis 1's medium setting and requires less to run)

However that statement is blunt and completely incorrect.

In any case, im still happy the pc version looks noticably better, as it is still a good looking game. Crytek should have chosen their words more wisely.

Yes once the beta leaked I interpreted those old statements differently as well but therer were still things like that ^ being said by Cevat and Camarillo.

But they didn't mischoose their words they just overhyped and under-delivered. Thats what you get with multplatform development, honestly how could it look better than Crysis 1? They also said if it won't work on consoles it doesn't go into the game, that was red flag number 1.

cmdrmonkey45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 cmdrmonkey45

[QUOTE="cmdrmonkey45"]

Crypt_mx

You're trolling like...really hard. Its sad to see someone post this many times on a topic just to spout negative crap.

Crytek are the ones trolling with this piece of crap game that looks like something from five or six years ago.

cmdrmonkey45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 cmdrmonkey45

[QUOTE="cmdrmonkey45"]

[QUOTE="Crypt_mx"]

Crypt_mx

Crytek are the ones trolling with this piece of crap game that looks like something from five or six years ago.

Please. Im begging you. Pick a game for six years ago that is on par with Crysis 2. IF you can do that, you are not a troll.

FEAR, FarCry, Doom 3, Half-Life 2. Take your pick.

blues35301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 blues35301

[QUOTE="cmdrmonkey45"]

[QUOTE="Crypt_mx"]

Crypt_mx

Please. Im begging you. Pick a game for six years ago that is on par with Crysis 2. IF you can do that, you are not a troll.

LOL yes he's going a bit overboard. Game does look good if it weren't for oh IDK Crysis, Warhead, Metro 2033, Arma 2 and so on, Games that released up to 3 and a half years ago.
SkullShooter17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 SkullShooter17
Member since 2010 • 199 Posts

[QUOTE="cmdrmonkey45"]

[QUOTE="Crypt_mx"]

Crypt_mx

Troll. Those games dont push even a 1/4 of the polygons crysis 2 pushes. Find something better to do with your time, because I wont give you any more of mine.

Crysis 2 actually looks better than 1, so I really don't know what everyone in this topic is on about...

DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 DanielDust
Member since 2007 • 15402 Posts

[QUOTE="Crypt_mx"]

[QUOTE="cmdrmonkey45"]

cmdrmonkey45

Sure whatever you say. Crysis 2 looks great and far better than HL 2 and Doom, as for FEAR and Far Cry, they're a joke compared to the worst looking games nowadays, maybe you're just a little frustrated because Crysis 2 is not the best looking game ever created, well, get over it.

PTMags

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 PTMags
Member since 2006 • 783 Posts

[QUOTE="ChubbyGuy40"]

Crypt_mx

Obviously not the case since the game isn't even launching with dx 10 or 11 support. DIRECT X 9...9!!!!! Big fail imo. Maybe i'll pick up the game when it drops down to $30 and has dx 11.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#30 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
As always with multiplatform games - PS3 version looks washed out, Xbox 360 has better contrast than the PS3, and the PC version wins. Even though that might not being saying a lot...
DJ_Headshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#31 DJ_Headshot
Member since 2010 • 6427 Posts

[QUOTE="Crypt_mx"]

[QUOTE="cmdrmonkey45"]

SkullShooter17

Troll. Those games dont push even a 1/4 of the polygons crysis 2 pushes. Find something better to do with your time, because I wont give you any more of mine.

Crysis 2 actually looks better than 1, so I really don't know what everyone in this topic is on about...

http://420.thrashbarg.net/lol_que.jpg

you where saying?

QUAD HD Crysis Relic

Best Graphics ever crysis

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#32 dakan45
Member since 2009 • 18819 Posts

Thats the demo? Then i couldnt give a rats ass, the demo looked like poo, i couldnt care less if it looks worse on the consoles, the point is that the game looks like crap in comparison with crysis 1 and that alone is a facepalm to the whole idea of a sequel.

I remember gamespot trying to get words out of them when they told him that everyone says that just because they go multiplatform the graphics are not gonna be as good as the first and they gonna debut that, right? Cevat was like, ehmm, yeah, well...yes, it will look better!!

:lol: Now i know why he kept silent about this.

You know i am playing fear 2 now and the graphics are almost as good as the demo of crysis 2. Its dissrepsectfull really especially since it was criticized back then for not been graphically impressive.

Ondoval

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#33 Ondoval
Member since 2005 • 3103 Posts

Crypt_mx

He can. I can. Any with Google can in matter of seconds:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/99597-Crysis-2-Will-Have-the-Best-Graphics-Ever

Edit: lol, I was beated in the previous page.

menes777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 menes777
Member since 2003 • 2643 Posts

As always with multiplatform games - PS3 version looks washed out, Xbox 360 has better contrast than the PS3, and the PC version wins. Even though that might not being saying a lot...Elann2008

Yeah it's like picking between the really ugly girl, the ugly girl and the not so ugly girl...In the end they are still ugly.

Crypt_mx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Crypt_mx

[QUOTE="Elann2008"]As always with multiplatform games - PS3 version looks washed out, Xbox 360 has better contrast than the PS3, and the PC version wins. Even though that might not being saying a lot...menes777

Yeah it's like picking between the really ugly girl, the ugly girl and the not so ugly girl...In the end they are still ugly.

Its actually like picking between two average girls and a pretty got girl.

NoAssKicker47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#36 NoAssKicker47
Member since 2004 • 2855 Posts

[QUOTE="Crypt_mx"]

[QUOTE="cmdrmonkey45"]

cmdrmonkey45

Oh, come on. Please, stop this. That's complete nonsense. You can't actually tell the level of the graphics from a YouTube video. You have to see it in action, and with this in mind, your comment is pretty silly, and wholly untrue. Plus, I thought the demo had a very good balance between graphics and performance. And it most definitely does NOT look like a game from six years ago.

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 dakan45

Oh, come on. Please, stop this. That's complete nonsense. You can't actually tell the level of the graphics from a YouTube video. You have to see it in action, and with this in mind, your comment is pretty silly, and wholly untrue. Plus, I thought the demo had a very good balance between graphics and performance. And it most definitely does NOT look like a game from six years ago.

NoAssKicker47

Honestly what i saw in the demo looked a bit better from fear 2, which was criticized for not being very impressive. Its an obvious step down from crysis and graphically impressive games in general.

By the way new pc gameplay video came out and it looks like crap.

Crypt_mx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Crypt_mx

[QUOTE="NoAssKicker47"]Oh, come on. Please, stop this. That's complete nonsense. You can't actually tell the level of the graphics from a YouTube video. You have to see it in action, and with this in mind, your comment is pretty silly, and wholly untrue. Plus, I thought the demo had a very good balance between graphics and performance. And it most definitely does NOT look like a game from six years ago.

dakan45

Honestly what i saw in the demo looked a bit better from fear 2, which was criticized for not being very impressive. Its an obvious step down from crysis and graphically impressive games in general.

Ive seen you post before, and as much as I want to call you a troll, you're more of an exaggerator. This game looks loads better than F.E.A.R 2....LOADS. The only games I can think of that look better than Crysis 2 are Crysis 1 and Metro 2033(In some aspects).

Saw the PC video aswell, you're really gonna judge graphics and detail from a youtube video? Cmmon man. Ive seen both the Beta and the PC demo in action and they look great.

CellAnimation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 CellAnimation
Member since 2007 • 6116 Posts

cmdrmonkey45
LMFAO! Can't wait for Crysis 2!
NoAssKicker47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#40 NoAssKicker47
Member since 2004 • 2855 Posts

[QUOTE="NoAssKicker47"]Oh, come on. Please, stop this. That's complete nonsense. You can't actually tell the level of the graphics from a YouTube video. You have to see it in action, and with this in mind, your comment is pretty silly, and wholly untrue. Plus, I thought the demo had a very good balance between graphics and performance. And it most definitely does NOT look like a game from six years ago.

dakan45

No way, man. I played F.E.A.R. 2 just a few weeks ago and I played it maxed without AA, it looked average. The Crysis demo 2 I ran not really maxed ("advanced"), but at the same resolution and also without filters, and it looks craploads better than F.E.A.R. 2. I think the big outcry against Crysis 2's graphics is because it doesn't look as good as the first Crysis, which is true, but truth be told - I'd rather have a game that doesn't look as good but runs eight times faster. But Crysis 2 doesn't look half-bad to begin with, to say the least. I think it looks wonderful. Not as pretty as Crysis, yes, but it definitely does look extremely good.
Tuzolord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#41 Tuzolord
Member since 2007 • 1409 Posts

Funny thing but im not buying this Game because of the Graphics, although I really like it and I don't think Crysis 1 (WITHOUT MODS!!) looks better than this.

Btw most of you just post crap the whole time in crysis 2 threads, if you don't like it then don't buy it and stop trolling around.

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 dakan45
[QUOTE="dakan45"]

NoAssKicker47

No way, man. I played F.E.A.R. 2 just a few weeks ago and I played it maxed without AA, it looked average. The Crysis demo 2 I ran not really maxed ("advanced"), but at the same resolution and also without filters, and it looks craploads better than F.E.A.R. 2. I think the big outcry against Crysis 2's graphics is because it doesn't look as good as the first Crysis, which is true, but truth be told - I'd rather have a game that doesn't look as good but runs eight times faster. But Crysis 2 doesn't look half-bad to begin with, to say the least. I think it looks wonderful. Not as pretty as Crysis, yes, but it definitely does look extremely good.

Ill post a pic when i finish the game because it overwites progress and i cant save and load a specific save game. I swear fear 2 textures are at the same resolution if not higher and the lack of lighting effects put both games pretty much at the same league. Honestly crysis 2 demo had poor lighting and overused bloom. Textures were ok. I was not impressed at all. Hell i could go as far as saying that skyline was the most generic graphics i have ever seen in a game. Generic not bad.
SF_KiLLaMaN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#43 SF_KiLLaMaN
Member since 2007 • 6446 Posts
From my understanding, no one has even see the PC version on full settings.... How can you claim the graphics are bad?
dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 dakan45
From my understanding, no one has even see the PC version on full settings.... How can you claim the graphics are bad? SF_KiLLaMaN
New pc footage video, looks like crap. ;)
tutt3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#45 tutt3r
Member since 2005 • 2865 Posts

pc gamers and their graphics. Gameplay > Graphics and from the looks some videos, Crysis 2 has tons a awesome gameplay.

I remember when Crysis came out and no one here could max it, and many people couldn't even experience crysis (myself included). It wasn't until the past couple of years that slowly people have been able to max it. I am happy that everyone can enjoy this game. It doesn't seem like they axxed any gameplay elements and has reatined what really made crysis awesome (hint its not the graphics)

Skullcandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#46 Skullcandy
Member since 2003 • 763 Posts

PC always looks better but I was surpised at how bad the 360 version looks.

SF_KiLLaMaN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#47 SF_KiLLaMaN
Member since 2007 • 6446 Posts
[QUOTE="SF_KiLLaMaN"]From my understanding, no one has even see the PC version on full settings.... How can you claim the graphics are bad? dakan45

I doubt it looks like crap. Maybe not as good as Crysis, but not crap.
GeneralShowzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 GeneralShowzer
[QUOTE="dakan45"][QUOTE="SF_KiLLaMaN"]From my understanding, no one has even see the PC version on full settings.... How can you claim the graphics are bad? SF_KiLLaMaN

I doubt it looks like crap. Maybe not as good as Crysis, but not crap.

It actually does look like crap.. So...much...consolization...eyes :(
SgtSilock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#49 SgtSilock
Member since 2005 • 3167 Posts

Yes we already know the winner but whats impressive is the differences are negligible.

Crypt_mx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Crypt_mx

Yes we already know the winner but whats impressive is the differences are negligible.

Phantsy16

negligible? I think its amazing how much better the PC version looks consoles cant even produce shadows, and the textures are literally half of the quality of the PC version.