confessions of a scared FPS gamer :(

• 70 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

kirk4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 kirk4ever
Member since 2005 • 3543 Posts

hey..i wanted to post this here coz i like the pc gamers more coz they dont have the fanoy mentalism (no offense to consoles) and i personally like them more :)

i dunno if others have the same prob and its kinda embarassin..see i have been to operating rooms..(i know doctors) i have beeen in a war-zone to visit family..i have seen stomachs open up infront of my eyes..i see scary movies..scary documentries..but somehjow i cannot seem to play scary fps games..i just cant..my first was return to wolfenstein..when the moment i entered the crypt and the ladder fell i turned it off...i didnt play it anymore..any scary fps i just cant play it i dunno why :( i really wanted to finish doom...fear and alot of other games but i just couldnt ..so i feel sad and angry that i cant enjoy these games like you :( so do you guys have any suggestions..or have any of you had a problem like this and overcome it? :)

weirjf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#2 weirjf
Member since 2002 • 2392 Posts
That's part of the thrill. Doom 3 with headphones turned up and in the dark... if you don't enjoy that rush of fear then you shouldn't play it. Stop playing a game when it isn't fun anymore.
Empi3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Empi3
Member since 2005 • 4101 Posts
awwww... scary fps's sukzzzzxss.. unreal tournament better =]. Just Frag Someone instead xD
AKS_74U

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 AKS_74U
Member since 2005 • 1841 Posts

hey..i wanted to post this here coz i like the pc gamers more coz they dont have the fanoy mentalism (no offense to consoles) and i personally like them more :)

i dunno if others have the same prob and its kinda embarassin..see i have been to operating rooms..(i know doctors) i have beeen in a war-zone to visit family..i have seen stomachs open up infront of my eyes..i see scary movies..scary documentries..but somehjow i cannot seem to play scary fps games..i just cant..my first was return to wolfenstein..when the moment i entered the crypt and the ladder fell i turned it off...i didnt play it anymore..any scary fps i just cant play it i dunno why :( i really wanted to finish doom...fear and alot of other games but i just couldnt ..so i feel sad and angry that i cant enjoy these games like you :( so do you guys have any suggestions..or have any of you had a problem like this and overcome it? :)

kirk4ever

Dude...I know what you mean..I wanna beat stalker and now im in these underground labs, im to scared to go on lmao

Armalite1016

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#5 Armalite1016
Member since 2005 • 1574 Posts
play it with a friend watching you. It's way less scary then
kirk4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 kirk4ever

play it with a friend watching you. It's way less scary thenArmalite1016

no that is cheating :P

Selrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Selrath
Member since 2005 • 3333 Posts

Don't know... I'm a person that get scared easily, I'm currently playing Doom3 and I'm getting scared from time to time.
I'm trying to not scare myself all too much but Doom3 seems like a great game so I'm gonna continue it.

TheCyberKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 TheCyberKnight
Member since 2003 • 804 Posts

Sounds like a control mechanism. There's a difference between seeing awful things, being in awful places, and doing awful things and playing a scary game of some kind that subjects you to awful things. The difference is control. You know you CAN turn it off so you DO turn it off, where-as real life; it isn't like that. You take in the scary/awful and make it through. The game has an off-switch. You know it has an off-switch, so you use it. Short of talking through those memories (real life)in therapy, leaving it off is your only real option.

In my experience, most people that have been through something awful, likesayWar, don't typically find themselves playing war-based FPS's. They've been there, done that; and don't want to "re-live" something that could've very well scared the hell out of them every day. Only the people that have never BEEN in situations like that find it amusing, or "fun" because they know they can turn it off and go about their normal lives.

It's the difference between real life soldiers, and virtual soldiers. Personally, I'll take in a story from someone that's actually lived it over someone that "plays" it, any day.

orchid_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 orchid_boy
Member since 2004 • 438 Posts
silent all that sound from your PC Speaker and just listening music from your tape or somethin' else while you playing the games
kyrieee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 kyrieee
Member since 2007 • 978 Posts
You only get scared if you care about not dying. If you stop taking the game seriously it won't be scary. Just run around and shoot stuff in a totally non serious manner and it won't be scary
kirk4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 kirk4ever

Sounds like a control mechanism. There's a difference between seeing awful things, being in awful places, and doing awful things and playing a scary game of some kind that subjects you to awful things. The difference is control. You know you CAN turn it off so you DO turn it off, where-as real life; it isn't like that. You take in the scary/awful and make it through. The game has an off-switch. You know it has an off-switch, so you use it. Short of talking through those memories (real life)in therapy, leaving it off is your only real option.

In my experience, most people that have been through something awful, likesayWar, don't typically find themselves playing war-based FPS's. They've been there, done that; and don't want to "re-live" something that could've very well scared the hell out of them every day. Only the people that have never BEEN in situations like that find it amusing, or "fun" because they know they can turn it off and go about their normal lives.

It's the difference between real life soldiers, and virtual soldiers. Personally, I'll take in a story from someone that's actually lived it over someone that "plays" it, any day.

TheCyberKnight

so you think because i have been and seen in scary stuff i dont play the games coz it remind me of that memories?

3abden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 3abden
Member since 2005 • 5315 Posts

dude... I even got scared when playing Quake 4 :P, we support you bro :P

the only solution to this problem is to enjoy it, getting scared is fun, theadrenaline rush and all this stuff keeps you always alert and you feel like you live within the game you're playing... get over it ;)

EntwineX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#13 EntwineX
Member since 2005 • 5858 Posts
Only FPS that really scared me was AvP2, just put god mode on and enjoy. :D But it is kinda pathetic that I'm 22 and I still can't play AvP2 without cheats. :P With other FPS I'm fine tho.
error11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#14 error11
Member since 2006 • 7163 Posts
playing the screen in windowed mode with a low resolusion maybe would help because everythings not as big?
rudyroundhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 rudyroundhead
Member since 2003 • 9612 Posts
F.E.A.R. scared em but I finished it. Damn alma. :lol: I still havent' finished Doom 3. I feel your pain. Since I have kids i have to play at night with headphones on. it says alot about the environments in games these days. :)
humbugdude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 humbugdude
Member since 2004 • 278 Posts

kirk4ever

HERES WHAT TO DO:

Buy STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl and finish it! Rest assured, you wont be as scared again until at least FEAR 2

sasjebus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 sasjebus
Member since 2005 • 171 Posts
Know the feeling; I can hardly play Doom3 (that's why I sold it); strangely enough Bioshock (not that scary), Stalker (rather scary) and F.E.A.R. (freking scary) weren't much of a problem
Endnuen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Endnuen
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

I know the feeling! I even get scared by semi-scary movies xD

So i just stick to RTS and the occasionally action RPG/RPG in general :-P

And the shooters i play are always in the less/not scary section.

I think the most scary FPS i played to the end is PREY ^_^

kirk4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 kirk4ever

I know the feeling! I even get scared by semi-scary movies xD

So i just stick to RTS and the occasionally action RPG/RPG in general :-P

And the shooters i play are always in the less/not scary section.

I think the most scary FPS i played to the end is PREY ^_^

Endnuen

yeah exactly 1!!!! prey is also the only scary fps i finished too :)

couly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#20 couly
Member since 2004 • 6278 Posts
I remember playing fear with the lights off and with headphones on. It was 2am. I turned around to see my girlfriend standing in the doorway like Alma. I didn't know if she was talking, because of the headphones, but it was the scariest moment ever.
superduperdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 superduperdog
Member since 2006 • 546 Posts
Lol Doom made me jump a couple of times but it never really scared me. All it did was make me just fire into that general direction lol. I usually hit something. I like scary and sadistic things. They are fun. Though I know that it is not real life and I am a kind person with a good heart in the real world. { Even though I am capable of killing.} If you need to kill it must be a necessity in real life. Otherwise just play the games its not real and cant hurt you, so relax and have fun.
mattpunkgd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 mattpunkgd
Member since 2007 • 2198 Posts
I couldn't even finish te doom3 demo lol
-Origin-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#23 -Origin-
Member since 2007 • 1816 Posts

I couldn't even finish te doom3 demo lolmattpunkgd

lol are you serious man, that game isnt scary ! Okay try out

Pentumbra Overtue.....

ssta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#24 ssta
Member since 2005 • 218 Posts

I couldn't even finish te doom3 demo lolmattpunkgd

Hey...
You're all scared. How old are you? I'm nearly 18 and I finished Doom 3 and RoE, F.E.A.R. was boring. Prey was pure action, no scaring. I wasn't scared since Clive Barker's Undying. If you're scared, get a friend with you, and "play together", you play, he'll just watch you, and comment the situation.

The fear is not about watching open wounds or chest, it's psyhicaly, and it comes from bad memoriesfrom the childhood, traumas and many more things. You can overcome it if you're mentaly strong, very strong I can say.

Did anybody played Manhunt? There is a level where you have to kill Pigsy(oh that little sweat FAT F***ING PSYCHO KILLER WITH PIG-LIKE-MUTATED HEAD!!! HE CHASES YOU ARAUND WITH A CHAIN SAW) oh yeah, that's so good.

Stalker wasn't scary at all.

sorry to dissapoint you...but I'm not scared from a PC Game. :D

PullTheTricker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 PullTheTricker
Member since 2006 • 4749 Posts

I feel you :P

kinglou75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 kinglou75
Member since 2004 • 33 Posts

LOL Dude!

I would have to say the Silent Hill games for the PS2 scared me the most.

But I also remember my heart beating out of my chest (in a good way) while playing Ultima Online and "pk'ing foolz"

Zaeryn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#27 Zaeryn
Member since 2005 • 9070 Posts
[QUOTE="kirk4ever"]

AKS_74U

Dude...I know what you mean..I wanna beat stalker and now im in these underground labs, im to scared to go on lmao

Same here, except for the fact that it crashes when I turn on full dynamic lighting, that's more what's making me stop, but still :P
MasterYevon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 MasterYevon
Member since 2003 • 6703 Posts

Yeah I've the same problem, gotta admit. The only scary game I ever enjoyed playing was the original Alone in the Dark when I was small... lol the good old days. And I probably only enjoyed that cuz I was playing it with my dad beside me or me watching him play.

I tried reaaaaaaaally hard to play Doom 3 when it came out, but I nevr got past the starting levels. I dunno I would play it for some time, be like whew, ok that's enough for now. And then every time I sit back at my comp I just stare at the stupid icon on my desktop, trying to find even the smallest reason for why I'd wanna play it again, but I can't. Same with FEAR, although FEAR was better in some respects since you don't just fight zombies and all sorts of macabre stuff like that, through blood stained claustrophobic halls and such... And then a while back I used to play Resident Evil on the comp with a friend.. that was OK, as long as my friend played it :P But when I tried playing it I always freaked out and lost direction of what to do (those damned zombies are somehow constantly within 2 feet of you...).

And for me this doesn't apply only to scary games lol. It applies to scary LEVELS too... Like the orphanage level in Thief 3, some of the later levels in Far Cry, and the hotel level in Vampires: The Masquarade... With Thief and Vamps what I did was to print out a walkthrough, turn off the volume, and just follow the walkthrough step by step till I was done with it lol. Far Cry I kept going with it for a while but never finished... I also played Quake 4 for quite a while, since even though it's scsary you usually get some friendly AI with you which turns it a bit more into "alright, let's blow these alien scum a new A-hole" rather than "oh crap something's about to pop behind my back, i just KNOW it....here it comes, here it comes......".

I dunno, some people like to be scared - I don't. I hate that feeling of constant uncentainty, constant danger from things you can't possibly get ready for and KNOW are coming. The constant andrenaline high is also not that great... Andrenaline from kicking arse en masse with jets flying overhead and tanks bombarding your enemies into bits and you running and gunning and dodging grenades and, and and...... Yeah, that's good stuff. But andrenaline from constanly being on the edge of your seat just sucks...

You can relate it to bad childhood memories, war trauma, or what else have you, but I think it all just boils down to personal taste - nothing more.

P.S. Strangely enough, I have absolutely no problem with scary movies lol. I can watch those pretty ok; it's just scary games that get to me.

Nitrous2O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Nitrous2O
Member since 2004 • 1813 Posts

Yeah, Doom 3 had me "jumpy", more than any other game I've played.

I conquered it by turning the sound down, which has a huge impact on the environment you feel you are playing in.

fireandcloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 fireandcloud
Member since 2005 • 5118 Posts
just say, f*** it, grit your teeth, and play the scariest game that you can think of in the dark with headphones on without taking a single break except to go to the bathroom (and of course to eat and drink as needed) until you finish the game. confront your fears directly and be done with it, and you won't be as scared from then on forth. i guarantee it. ;) i suggest f.e.a.r.
fireandcloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 fireandcloud

[QUOTE="mattpunkgd"]I couldn't even finish te doom3 demo lolssta

Hey...
You're all scared. How old are you? I'm nearly 18 and I finished Doom 3 and RoE, F.E.A.R. was boring. Prey was pure action, no scaring. I wasn't scared since Clive Barker's Undying. If you're scared, get a friend with you, and "play together", you play, he'll just watch you, and comment the situation.

The fear is not about watching open wounds or chest, it's psyhicaly, and it comes from bad memoriesfrom the childhood, traumas and many more things. You can overcome it if you're mentaly strong, very strong I can say.

Did anybody played Manhunt? There is a level where you have to kill Pigsy(oh that little sweat FAT F***ING PSYCHO KILLER WITH PIG-LIKE-MUTATED HEAD!!! HE CHASES YOU ARAUND WITH A CHAIN SAW) oh yeah, that's so good.

Stalker wasn't scary at all.

sorry to dissapoint you...but I'm not scared from a PC Game. :D

i don't think it has anything to do with childhood traumas. it has to do with this fear of 'dying'. even though you know you don't actually die, you get immersed in the game and involuntarily internalize everything that happens to your character. if the op really wants to go through the game without fear, then i suggest putting on god mode, and you'll find that you're not as scared as you were when playing the game normally. i did that with doom 3, and to all those imps that attack you out of nowhere i was like 'meh, whatever' as i calmly shot them with my rocket launcher.

teirdome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 teirdome
Member since 2003 • 483 Posts

TheCyberKnight

Quality post. Off topic reply about it, my future brother in law who did 2 tours as a recon specialist in Iraq cannot handle being in big crowds now. It's amazing what those type of experiences do to you.

this.onTopic() - Quicksave is your best friend, do it all the time. That last scripted event may have caused you to poop your pants, but as long as you save afterwards you won't have to do it again. Plus the frequent pauses help to reduce the stress.

Chairman-Yin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Chairman-Yin
Member since 2006 • 286 Posts

doom3 was a fairly scary game for me because i kept trying to finish it on veteran and whenever the little spider sh!ts attack i get pissed off because i cant see where they are because 300 years later, we lose the technology to put flashlights in helmets. usually i die, get pissed off for having to restart at an earlier save, and start throwing my keyboard around the room. thats why i never got past the whole game.

F.E.A.R. wasnt really a scary game, spooky, maybe, not scary.

Roken1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Roken1
Member since 2007 • 90 Posts

TheCyberKnight

Seriously agree to this post. This is why you have WWII vets complaining about WWII FPS. In real situations people really get killed/chopped up and all the king's good men can't undo that. That's why when I play Call of Duty, I'd get a "Wow...this would really suck if I was in this hell hole" kind of feeling in the back of my head.

The thing is, with your fear of playing scary FPS while being able to easily live through actual scary situations is that all human beings have this mechanism inside their mind that can distingush between natural fear and intentional fear. By natural I mean a smart bomb going off just 20 meters away from you. Your mind is geared to ignore that kind of fear in order for you to better deal with the situation, because it knows that if it panics and goes irrational, then you'd be dead in a click. Where as intentional fear, your mind doesn't block that out because it knows the fear is intentional and accepts it. Now some people enjoys, or even gets a natural high off of fear and shaky situations, where as others find it simply unbariable. That's really a personal thing, so if you can't play the game because you can barely hold on to your mouse, then I recommend playing another game.

If you REALLY ABSOLUTELY WANT TO PLAY something scary, then here is another tip:

Your mind is like an untrained dog. It usually has its natural instincts and goes loose by itself without caring much what you want it to think, after all it's like saying you think you want to think a certain way...okay bad example but anyways.

You can train your mind to better coup with the situation. This is usually what soldiers go through in basic. This is why they start first using dummy bullets and instructed that they are using dummy bullets. Then, they move on into using live-ammo but really they're still using dummy bullets. Finally they get some one with a .50 cal shooting over their heads as they try to crawl under barbwire.

You can do the same thing. First play either kind-of intense, or kind-of scary games. It doesn't really matter what is the quality of the actual game. You might even get bored, but think of it as training. Then move upwards to normal scary/intense. Finally go for the kill and you'd be a pro-FPS gamer not fearing any little ghost girl that can send walls of fire at you while twisting your teammates into a piece of bloody meat. GG

chandu83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#35 chandu83
Member since 2005 • 4864 Posts

doom3 was a fairly scary game for me because i kept trying to finish it on veteran and whenever the little spider sh!ts attack i get pissed off because i cant see where they are because 300 years later, we lose the technology to put flashlights in helmets. usually i die, get pissed off for having to restart at an earlier save, and start throwing my keyboard around the room. thats why i never got past the whole game.

F.E.A.R. wasnt really a scary game, spooky, maybe, not scary. Chairman-Yin

You can grab the duct tape mod right HERE

I am glad someone bought this up. Until now I thought I was the only one to feel this way about video games. My fear of video games though is slightly different. You see, I have a phobia. I cannot stand spiders, even in real life, and because of this, I am not able to play Doom 3. I have played Doom 3 for a while, I reached the Communications Transferlevel, and I am not able to go on. You can read a post regarding this in my blog.

I don't know how to over come this fear. I am just not able to go on! I can handle any other monsters without any problem, even the pinky for that matter. I somehow played the game so far, but I am not able to anymore! It's not the monsters that scare me. Its the fear of a spider coming out of somewhere that scares me the most. I really want to play this game...I love everything about it, but the spiders. I somehow played this level and even killed the boss, who is a mutated spider. Now my phobia seems to have intensified and I am not able to go on.

I feel quite silly, but can someone come up with a way to help me get over this? Believe me, I tried the trick of telling myself it's just a game, but it's not helping me. The phobia is just not going. I don't know what to do. I need some game counselling! Lol. And yes, I realize that I am weird, so there is no need to tell me :)

coolmonkeykid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#36 coolmonkeykid
Member since 2004 • 3276 Posts
Doom 3 scares me, but I recently beat Bioshock (with headphones and at night) and i wasn't scared at all.
fireandcloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 fireandcloud
[QUOTE="Chairman-Yin"] doom3 was a fairly scary game for me because i kept trying to finish it on veteran and whenever the little spider sh!ts attack i get pissed off because i cant see where they are because 300 years later, we lose the technology to put flashlights in helmets. usually i die, get pissed off for having to restart at an earlier save, and start throwing my keyboard around the room. thats why i never got past the whole game.

F.E.A.R. wasnt really a scary game, spooky, maybe, not scary. chandu83

You can grab the duct tape mod right HERE

I am glad someone bought this up. Until now I thought I was the only one to feel this way about video games. My fear of video games though is slightly different. You see, I have a phobia. I cannot stand spiders. I have played Doom 3 for a while, I reached theCommunications Transferlevel, and I am not able to go on. You can read a post regarding this in my blog post.

I don't know how to over come this fear. I am just not able to go on! I can handle any other monsters without any problem, even the pinky for that matter. I somehow played the game so far, but I am not able to anymore! It's not the monsters that scare me. Its the fear of a spider coming out of somewhere that scares me the most. I really want to play this game...I love everything about it, but the spiders. I somehow played this level and even killed the boss, who is a mutated spider. Now my phobia seems to have intensified and I am not able to go on.

I feel quite silly, but can someone come up with a way to help me get over this? Believe me, I triedthe trick oftelling myself it's just a game, but it's not helping me. The phobia is just not going. I don't know what to do. And yes, I realize that I am weird.

you're not weird. it's quite common, actually. it's called arachnophobia, and there are cures available. therapy, hypnosis are common suggestions. the more direct method is to learn about spiders, learn which are harmful, which are not, and even go to a pet store and handle a gentle tarantula (and some species like the rose hair or honduras curly hair tarantulas are very tame). there are even zoos that have programs teaching people about spiders to help them with their phobias. once you learn that spiders are (mostly) harmless and people-friendly and helpful (as in they eat things we usually dislike (such as flies)), your phobia will dissipate with your increased awareness. then you can go back to fragging demons.

kirk4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 kirk4ever
wow..i now feel alot better ..when i posted this i thought noone was like this :P and as some ppl pointed out in games which like there's another person with you ingame i dont feel scared but when they leave or die i cant carry on and i replay that part over again because i cant go on so i make the most of the part that i can play :(
Forerunner-117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Forerunner-117
Member since 2006 • 8800 Posts

LOL man this thread has made me feel a bit better haha

I was talking to my friend and he had gotten the Doom 3 demo and was like "Dude it's so scary I can't even beat the demo!" And so this of course intrigued me so I went to his house and played it at like 10 o'clock at night and the thing was that he was kinda there watching it but he started getting creeped out and like leaving the room, looking away, etc. So I was kinda on my own. I dealt with the first part ok and killed the zombies and stuff but once it got to those things that crawl around on the ceilings/walls... I turned it off:oops:

But yeah somehow I overcame my fear a little bit and ended up buying Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition. That game had some moments where I had to say "Ok this is enough for today" lol but yes I did eventually beat it! :D So as someone else already mentioned, I think if you take it in steps, from like less scary to moderately scary to scarier etc. you should be ok.

futs22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#40 futs22
Member since 2005 • 1452 Posts

Doom 3 initially freaked me out especially in the parts where the lights suddenly go out and all these weird voices whispering around the hallways. What really freaked me out initially was the part where you start backtracking right after hell gets unleashed (very early part of the game) and you look in the mirror in the bathroom and everything gets all grainy and red and a monster teleports behind you. That made the little hairs on my body really stand up. However, recently I got back to playing it and I'm not that scared anymore since I pretty much figured out where the monsters usually pop out from and how they attack. On top of that, I already have some really bad-ass guns to blow 'em to bits!

Anyway, Silent Hill 1 & 2 are still my top scariest games ever!

Impulsive20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Impulsive20
Member since 2007 • 449 Posts

You just need to grow your gamer balls,i use to be the same ,What i did was have the lights on no headphones

and let the monsters hit me so i new there was nothing to be scared of,Once i learnt about the monsters and what they can do..they didn't freak me out anymore,...mind you i was like 14 onwards

In FEAR the part were your in the vent and the little girl runs at you realy fast -scared the *^$#% out of me ,'i eeeped'

(mind you i was traumatized buy the movie the ring when i was young ,So playingFEAR i had to over come childhood fears.)

chandu83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#42 chandu83
Member since 2005 • 4864 Posts

Oh FEAR is not a problem. I can play it all night long. I am playing Half Life 2 right now, and while it's never meant to be a scary game, it sure has it's moments with those head crabs (which are something like spiders mind you :D ), I only have a problem with Doom 3 because I am not able to get past the spiders.

fireandcloud, thanks for excellent suggestion. I see if I can do some of the things that you suggested.

Adnamra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Adnamra
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

playing the screen in windowed mode with a low resolusion maybe would help because everythings not as big?error11

and add one brighter wallpaper so the screen isn't so dark :D;)

BLiTZv3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 BLiTZv3
Member since 2006 • 882 Posts
OK, try eating popcorn or listening to heavy metal when playing...And swear a lot from the begining, swear loudly.
--Sander--

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 --Sander--
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
Well, im not a professional here or something but yeah, i played Far Cry and i was scared as hell, well, i tryed to play game without sounds, good enough, but well i just make this up for myself, This is a game, so how can i fear something that isnt real;)
Well, i hope i made myself clear, not very good at english (still).

Hope that helps.
pyire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 pyire
Member since 2003 • 224 Posts

Well, I've never had that problem, I've always found scary FPS games to often act out obvious and therefore they've never really frigthen me, but still their cool and you're defently missing out on some good action.

Try getting some of that Adrenaline pumping, swear, scream and hit something hard, just get yourself winded up and filled with heart pumping adrenaline before you sit down with the whatever scary game your playing...

elmejicano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 elmejicano
Member since 2004 • 26 Posts
I usually play with the lights off only at night (Only way I can get into it) I have to get some headphones some time.. But I just can't play a horror game in the day. Also when something makes me jump I usually dump extra lead in the b**** for scaring me :) Also I hate not finishing a game so I usually don't shut it off... That is a retarded thing to do.
everson_rm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 everson_rm
Member since 2004 • 1664 Posts

thank god... NO :) Because it's my favorite genre! Ah, sorry to say this...

BTW the only game that realy scared me like hell was sillent hill 1 for ps1, but I was 13-14 only...

KentTalbert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 KentTalbert
Member since 2005 • 463 Posts
just say, f*** it, grit your teeth, and play the scariest game that you can think of in the dark with headphones on without taking a single break except to go to the bathroom (and of course to eat and drink as needed) until you finish the game. confront your fears directly and be done with it, and you won't be as scared from then on forth. i guarantee it. ;) i suggest f.e.a.r.fireandcloud
Oddly, Half-Life 1 numbed me to video game scares...first time I played that game I was jumping into the ceiling everytime a headcrab popped out of nowhere. Now, with games like FEAR and Doom when the scares come out I just blow 'em away without thinking, ESPECIALLY in FEAR. I'm just like, enough with the weakass jump sequences I wanna blow the crap out of some clones! The last game to really creep me out was Sanitarium.