Computer isn't functioning, read.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Zeyta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Zeyta
Member since 2005 • 30 Posts

Ok, here's how it started. Power went out, yeah, this happens a lot, but one day I was happily enjoying my Crysis MP Beta game and the power goes out. I turn on the computer. The MOUSE, KEYBOARD, and MONITOR do not work with the computer. THe mouse doesn't even seem to be on when the computer is, the keyboard too. The monitor says "NO SIGNAL" on it.

A few days later, it turns back on fully. Everything works, everything is fine. Randomly, a week later, I turn off my computer before bed. THe next afternoon, the problem happens again. Same stuff, mouse, keyboard and monitor. I can still do things like eject a CD, or reset it. The blue lights i have still turn on. But the things I need don't. A week later, it works fine again, of course, i expected it to mess up again, which is why i asked for help. I got a "If it stops working again, we'll get it fixed". Surely enough, a few days later, it stops working. So we go to get it "fixed", which in reality all these people did was replace a power supply. We took it from them cause they just kept trying to get us to buy every new part. So now I have it in this room, and i'm stumped. I really am tired of this. I've gone through almost 2 months of my computer's functionality.

I just need some solutions. Some friends say I should try to reset the BIOS, because maybe it got corrupted and that kind of explains the mouse/keybard/etc. not working. Some say my motherboard is fried. Other's said "maybe cause you suck" but that's impossible. Now please, can you guys help me? :D

FernandoDANTE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#2 FernandoDANTE
Member since 2004 • 1616 Posts
Hm...I had a similar problem once, and I had to get a new power supply.
PS2_PC_FAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 PS2_PC_FAN
Member since 2004 • 969 Posts
fix your power failure prob first, then get a new psu.
Zeyta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Zeyta
Member since 2005 • 30 Posts
how exactly do I do this? I don't even know where to start...
SearchMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 SearchMaster
Member since 2005 • 7243 Posts
First you possiblyneed to get anew PSU then try to reflash the BIOS as some of your friends said. If nothing seems to be fine then probably your mobo is .... (no need to add more :P)
Munkyman587

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 Munkyman587
Member since 2003 • 2007 Posts
This is why I really like using a good UPS (uninterpretable power supply). It filters the power, and has battery back-up for power failur usage. It also shows me a graph of my power consumption. As to fix it, it could very well be the mobo if the PSU was poorly made and just let it surge. I don't know how you could ever get it to boot if that was the case though... o_O very strange