Diddies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Diddies
Member since 2007 • 2415 Posts

Hopefully some of you can help me. I downloaded Outlast (never played it and it was free on humble bundle) and I was playing the Outlast WHistleblower DLC. I am almost at the very end and at the same part at the end of the game, my PC crashes and shuts off and reboots. Is there a way to tell what caused this. I looked up the reliability monitor and it doesn't really have anything that looks like it caused this. It has critical events but it is stuff like Microsoft edge stopped working and windows wasn't properly shut down. Is this some kind of glitch with this game to make my PC reboot?

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 04dcarraher
Member since 2004 • 23832 Posts

try this

1) Open a command prompt with administrator privileges

- Open the Start menu

- Type cmd in the search field

- Right click on the command prompt icon and select "Run as administrator"

2) Type "bcdedit /set IncreaseUserVa 3072" (without the quotes)

3) After pressing enter, it should say something like "Operation completed successfully".

4) Reboot your computer.

5) Try running Outlast again

Avatar image for PfizersaurusRex
PfizersaurusRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 PfizersaurusRex
Member since 2012 • 1503 Posts

You don't happen to have an AMD gpu by any chance? My computer started restarting during gaming after driver 17.7.1 I think. Now I have the latest driver but I disabled the superfetch service, on friend's advice, and I left all Wattman settings on default.

Diddies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#4 Diddies
Member since 2007 • 2415 Posts

@04dcarraher: can you explain what I am doing. I am curious myself what this is or what this does.