Carrier Command: Gaea Mission worth a punt?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#1 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59013 Posts

For 75% off is this worth picking up? Lower production values and dodgy Ai doesn't bother me too much as long as it has open ended and interesting gameplay (like Arma).

Gud?

Walincas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 Walincas
Member since 2006 • 511 Posts

I've played it for a bit, it became too boring, so I stopped halfway through - concept of the game is pretty good, the nailing of the concept failed thou..

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#3 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

No.

Game is just that bad. 

Solymer89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 Solymer89
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

No.

Game is just that bad. 

Wasdie

This.  This game.  It's masochistic at best.  Your greatest enemy is the completely inept AI which you are required to rely on and the super shotty movement controls.  The claim they made of this game being able to be played as an rts is a holistic joke on everyone that purchased this game at any price.  The devs should be ashamed that they spent so much time and effort on such a raging piece of shit software.  they couldn't even get the mouse aiming correct thus putting in an auto aim feature that the AI seems to not be able to use.  Where I can aim just slightly at a trooper and the shots will adjust to its actual position, no such thing happens when the AI is controlling your walrus thus draining your ammo, which happens to be on the opposite side of the island, which is fine, except for the fact that when you get to the ammo station your then out of fuel which is located, yet again on the other side of the island.  The randomly respawning enemies wouldn't be such an issue if the AI wasn't so inept at the simplest of things, like following the initial order you gave it.  No, it must stop and fire, ineptly, at the troopers that really pose no threat to it other then the fact that the walrus AI can't seem to kill them fast enough without taking damage.

I don't care for the apologists reasonings behind why they think this is a good game.  Simply put it is not.  There is very little intuitiveness and the gameplay is extremely blocky.  There is no flow to this game and what should be the simplest of commands can not be handled by the terrible terrible AI.  Avoid this at all costs and I will go as far as to say avoid anything this Bohemia Interactive produces.  What a waste of time.