Can't get into Half Life 2...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Bromz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 Bromz
Member since 2005 • 1639 Posts
So I got Orange Box on steam and it gives you hl2, ep1 and tf2 beta straight away. I played a bit of Half Life 2 and really can't get into it. Its ok, but I'm not seeing where the 95%+ reviews are coming from. I'm not a graphics whore whatsoever, game looks fine, but I'm just not getting any sort of wow factor. Admittedly, I've only just gotten an smg and haven't gotten the gravity gun yet, but ye, so far its ok, but I'm not having a particular awesome time with it or anything. I'm not really too bothered because TF2 is fantastic and I would personally pay full price just for tf2 anyways. But I'm just wondering if anyone else feels similiar or if its kinda slow starting? Not hating at all, its solid so far....
jbkilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 jbkilla
Member since 2005 • 1796 Posts
Hlaf life 2 was amazing...in 2006. Half life 2 was amazing because it was one of the first games tohave 100% real timephysics where almost everything could be messed with. Also the facial expressions on the characters were simply phoenominal. But now almost all good FPS games have these kind of thing so it wont seem as amazing as it did 2 years ago.
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#3 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
Perhaps its not just your type of game. The level pacing in HL2 is quite bad. Episode 1 is a lot better. The game is not completely about shooting either, its about exploring and puzzle solving as well. HL2 is an amazing game as is all the wonderful mods which are more than worth $45 for... not to mention you get Portal and TF2 along with them.
Avatar image for easykill_astari
easykill_astari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#4 easykill_astari
Member since 2007 • 704 Posts
its impossible to not like half life 2 !

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 1005
Member since 2003 • 3738 Posts
You've barely scratched the surface of the game if you've only just got an SMG, keep playing it and you'll see why it deserves the praise it recieved.
dyproximy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 dyproximy
Member since 2003 • 1194 Posts
Hl2 is awesome, still my favorite fps. Keep playing it.
kyrieee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 kyrieee
Member since 2007 • 978 Posts
bump when you've finished it I'm curious to know what you think of it then :)
Grantelicious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#8 Grantelicious
Member since 2007 • 1541 Posts
The problem with HL2 is the gun part of he game screams dated, Half-Life was a much better game in it's day than HL2. Seeing how all they did was copy the guns over apart from the gravity gun it just felt like a 1998 FPS with 2004 tweaks.
nkaiton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#9 nkaiton
Member since 2006 • 179 Posts
Playing HL2 for the first time. Best 20 bucks outside of Vegas I've ever spent :)
Baron_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 Baron_14
Member since 2007 • 1771 Posts

So I got Orange Box on steam and it gives you hl2, ep1 and tf2 beta straight away. I played a bit of Half Life 2 and really can't get into it. Its ok, but I'm not seeing where the 95%+ reviews are coming from. I'm not a graphics whore whatsoever, game looks fine, but I'm just not getting any sort of wow factor. Admittedly, I've only just gotten an smg and haven't gotten the gravity gun yet, but ye, so far its ok, but I'm not having a particular awesome time with it or anything. I'm not really too bothered because TF2 is fantastic and I would personally pay full price just for tf2 anyways. But I'm just wondering if anyone else feels similiar or if its kinda slow starting? Not hating at all, its solid so far....Bromz

yeah i also coudnt get into the game.

i came to the ravenholm and stop playing because i was bored.

but the game aint bad. i liked HL1 a lot.

A1B2C3CAL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#11 A1B2C3CAL
Member since 2007 • 2332 Posts
You're not the only one.
gnarlychar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 gnarlychar
Member since 2004 • 3838 Posts

[QUOTE="Bromz"]So I got Orange Box on steam and it gives you hl2, ep1 and tf2 beta straight away. I played a bit of Half Life 2 and really can't get into it. Its ok, but I'm not seeing where the 95%+ reviews are coming from. I'm not a graphics whore whatsoever, game looks fine, but I'm just not getting any sort of wow factor. Admittedly, I've only just gotten an smg and haven't gotten the gravity gun yet, but ye, so far its ok, but I'm not having a particular awesome time with it or anything. I'm not really too bothered because TF2 is fantastic and I would personally pay full price just for tf2 anyways. But I'm just wondering if anyone else feels similiar or if its kinda slow starting? Not hating at all, its solid so far....Baron_14

yeah i also coudnt get into the game.

i came to the ravenholm and stop playing because i was bored.

but the game aint bad. i liked HL1 a lot.

But ravenholm was awesome.... how could you get bored with the crazy guy and all the zombiez?! Plus, the brand new gravity gun?