Can the 360 controller be used for the PC versions of Hitman...?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Squeets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 Squeets
Member since 2006 • 8185 Posts

For some reason... I really want to play all the old Hitman games again (apart from the original)... well on Amazon, there is a bundle of the later 3 (Hitman 2: Silent Assassin, Hitman: Contract, and Hitman: Blood Money) on PC for only $17... so I figured I would just buy them for PC and not have to hassle with buying the 2 earlier ones for PS2 or Xbox and the last one for 360 (costing way more than $17)...

The thing is... I don't really like playing 3rd person games with a mouse and keyboard... and I don't have any "PC game pad"... I just have the wireless reciever and a couple 360 controller... well I was wondering if these games supported controllers at all, and if so, do they support the 360 controller?

Thanks for replies!

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

First thing I would say is that you should at least try the game with the mouse and keyboard. They control fine.

And if you still don't like that then download a program like Xpadder which can map keyboard commands to your controller.

Squeets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Squeets

First thing I would say is that you should at least try the game with the mouse and keyboard. They control fine.

And if you still don't like that then download a program like Xpadder which can map keyboard commands to your controller.

JangoWuzHere

Its not that I don't like the mouse and keyboard... it is just that games like Hitman are hard with mouse and keyboard... for several reasons...

1) Movement... it is hard to move slowly because you can't slight nudge the W key like you can an analogue stick... you either press it or don't...

2) In Hitman... to move stealthfully (if that is a word >.>)... you have to hold a key... well seeing as how the entire game is based on stealth... I don't feel like stretching my finger over to hold down the shift key (for example) for several hours...

3) Even though I play a lot of PC games, I am more of a console gamer, so I am more fluid with a controller...

And TY for the name of the program... can you explain how it works...? I ask because on a keyboard, movement is usually W forward, S backwards, A/D straff etc... so do you map all 4 of those keys to the left analogue stick (like it is normally on consoles)...? Because on another game I used my 360 controller for (Blazing Angels)... when I put the yaw/pitch on the left analogue stick, and then tried to put secondary fire on it for click, it would cause one of them to change to something else...?

Thanks again!

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

[QUOTE="JangoWuzHere"]

Squeets

Its not that I don't like the mouse and keyboard... it is just that games like Hitman are hard with mouse and keyboard... for several reasons...

1) Movement... it is hard to move slowly because you can't slight nudge the W key like you can an analogue stick... you either press it or don't...

2) In Hitman... to move stealthfully (if that is a word >.>)... you have to hold a key... well seeing as how the entire game is based on stealth... I don't feel like stretching my finger over to hold down the shift key (for example) for several hours...

3) Even though I play a lot of PC games, I am more of a console gamer, so I am more fluid with a controller...

And TY for the name of the program... can you explain how it works...? I ask because on a keyboard, movement is usually W forward, S backwards, A/D straff etc... so do you map all 4 of those keys to the left analogue stick (like it is normally on consoles)...? Because on another game I used my 360 controller for (Blazing Angels)... when I put the yaw/pitch on the left analogue stick, and then tried to put secondary fire on it for click, it would cause one of them to change to something else...?

Thanks again!

Sorry I don't know how it works. I just know people reccomand it ALOT. I haven't checked the program in while but you can just google the website and try it out.

Squeets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Squeets

Oh, OK... thanks anyways!

crazymonkey092

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 crazymonkey092
Member since 2005 • 974 Posts

You can map any keyboard key to the controller. Even mapping the mouse to the right analog stick. Its a pretty simple, easy to learn program. And there is even a few preloaded profiles for games already. I use it quite a lot, and absolutely love it.

http://xpadder.com/

Edit: Apparently the new version does cost money now. But I know the older versions should still be free(legally) so here is a link for 5.3. Guessing the last free version, but thats the one I'm using and love it. Get it HERE

Squeets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Squeets

Thanks for the link!