Call Of Duty 6: Futuristic Warfare?

• 79 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

matte3560

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 matte3560
Member since 2006 • 1729 Posts

i've heard CoD 6 might be set in the future, any truth to this?

Grim_Wolf88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 Grim_Wolf88
Member since 2006 • 901 Posts
Meh, it's only rumors as far as I'm concerned. Would be a shame if it was though. I happen to love the WW2 setting. Can't complain about it being overdone anymore than you can for a modern or futuristic setting.
matte3560

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 matte3560

I HATE WWII!

we're gonna be great friends 'eh?

Grim_Wolf88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 Grim_Wolf88
Member since 2006 • 901 Posts
To each his own.
pieatorium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 pieatorium
Member since 2008 • 1012 Posts
They should set it in the american civil war, 10 second reloads after each shot would be hilarious :twisted:
Avatar image for ViolentPressure
ViolentPressure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ViolentPressure
Member since 2005 • 5521 Posts

It was a rumor that COD4 would be set in the modern era a looong time before anything at all was announced.

It might have some truth to it.

fatshodan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 fatshodan
Member since 2008 • 2886 Posts

It wouldn't surprise me. The Call of Duty series may as well have a yearly suffix - nevermind Call of Duty 6, let's call it Call of Duty 2009. And they're just about all World War 2 games. Same game every year, every November. Over and over and over again. But CoD 4 showed that Infinity Ward is at least interested in branching out into other settings (even if that is the only change they're interested in making), for their own sanity's sake if not ours', so it wouldn't surprise me to find Call of Duty 2009 has a non-WW2 setting - it would also help put distance between it and Call of Duty 2008, which is always helpful when you're trying to sell the same game every year.

I haven't heard any rumours, but a futuristic game seems just as viable to me as another modern combat game.

aliblabla2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 aliblabla2007
Member since 2007 • 16756 Posts

Meh, the only things that will get me back into CoD now are:

• Warhammer 40, 000 Setting - Modern Warfare doesn't really do well for an "all-out war' which is what CoD is always about. The 40k universe, however.....
  • Larger scale battles - I'd like to see the dramatic feel of CoD done better with tens of thousands of guardsmen shooting at millions of Tyranids.... onscreen.
  • The features of gameplay that were in United Offensive but were removed from the series with Call of Duty 2.

Otherwise, I'm still ditching the series. Not interested anymore in this "same game different name".

Unfortunately, all of the above is likely going to require IW to stop console development. Which is very unlikely for them to do. So, bye bye CoD, hello STALKER.

Buffalo_Soulja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Buffalo_Soulja
Member since 2004 • 13151 Posts
I hope so, then they will have no excuse for making such unimaginative gameplay.
wackys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#10 wackys
Member since 2005 • 1315 Posts
I would love it if it were true.
kamix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 kamix
Member since 2003 • 734 Posts

I have a feeling they will set it in the iraq war soon. Why not? It's not like the army will sue them as plenty of movies are being made. It is time to move on from WWII as enough mohaa/cod games have been set there.

COD:Vietnam would be good as well.

thusaha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 thusaha
Member since 2007 • 14495 Posts

COD:Vietnam would be good as well.

kamix
Agreed.
Beaglesniffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#13 Beaglesniffer
Member since 2006 • 707 Posts
i would highly think it will be set in modern or slightly future warfare as i guess it will be devloped by infinity ward who i think will probably continue with the theme, whereas treyarch may keep continuing with WW2
Qixote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Qixote
Member since 2002 • 10843 Posts
I like the idea of it being futuristic. Really, I'm getting bored with bullets.
Kuyt19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#15 Kuyt19
Member since 2007 • 856 Posts

I kinda liked the idea of it being futuristic. As long as they don't go overboard with the "futuristic" concept. I would hate it if it looked like Quake or Doom games, not that i hate those but it would really help if their 'future' was something other than just big guns, super-suits, etc.

My fav is still the modern/present concept. I'm tired of WW2 themes, for now. Not too interested in a vietnam war theme either.

Qixote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Qixote

^^^^agree

Keep it somewhat realistic, yet futuristic. Lasers, nukes, or even biological warfare would be fine. But leave out the cartoony looking fluff that has been in the UT games.

kamix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 kamix

Please, no lasers.

Theres not even the slightest evidence right now that they will make realistic portable weaponry, it will continue to be much more economicly viable to use projectile weapons.

Not to mention that when I'm in a warzone I don't want to be running around going 'pew pew'.

PS. BF2142 was utterly crap.

GUNpoint_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18 GUNpoint_
Member since 2008 • 1964 Posts
don't know, but if its set in a futuristic, apocalyptic winter wonderland of death, with laser cannons & plasma rifles, it'll be the biggest win of life.
GUNpoint_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 GUNpoint_
Member since 2008 • 1964 Posts

Please, no lasers.

Theres not even the slightest evidence right now that they will make realistic portable weaponry, it will continue to be much more economicly viable to use projectile weapons.

Not to mention that when I'm in a warzone I don't want to be running around going 'pew pew'.

kamix
what about 'zap, zap'? o_O
Avatar image for AlternatingCaps
AlternatingCaps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 AlternatingCaps
Member since 2007 • 1714 Posts
[QUOTE="kamix"]

Please, no lasers.

GUNpoint_

what about 'zap, zap'? o_O

I kinda lol'd a bit to myself. More of a small chuckle actually.

And I agree, that even though I like sci-fi myself, it's not quite CoD. I did like 2142 OK though, so you never know.

Still, that farthest into the future I'd prefer for the CoD series would be 2020-ish, so we have M468, AK-101, or maybe MR-C rifles, Russian Black Eagle tanks, US MEVs or whatever it's called (the Marine Expeditionary Vehicle was it?)

A networked battlefield system would be nice, but realistically, only the US and Europe would get it. Perhaps the Russians, Chinese, or whoever could have some other advantage.

Basically something in the near future, with battlefield networking, a new generation of rifles (as much as I love the M16 in games, how many times have I fired that thing?!) and vehicles, etc.

Also, character customization would be awesome.

ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ASK_Story
Member since 2006 • 11455 Posts

Before they go BF2142 with the series, I think they should do some more expansion packs with Call of Duty 4.

They should milk it a little bit more and then introduce a new premise.

crazyfist36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 crazyfist36
Member since 2003 • 574 Posts
i want to start seeing these war games get brutal.i wanna see the results of my machinegun tearing up a guy. artillery should blow arms and legs off. Sigh why dont they make games like soldier of fortune anymore?
kamix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 kamix
R ratings don't sell games unfortunately. There are only a few studios left that are still about the end product and not the end bank statement.
Unknown_Hero3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Unknown_Hero3
Member since 2008 • 7269 Posts

i want to start seeing these war games get brutal.i wanna see the results of my machinegun tearing up a guy. artillery should blow arms and legs off. Sigh why dont they make games like soldier of fortune anymore?crazyfist36

if you get it looking to real...and start having the people die realistically in war and getting there bodies ripped apart...that will be bad, they will get the same trama as you will do in battle

Qixote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Qixote

Please, no lasers.

kamix

Is that the extent of your imagination. Lasers = 'pew pew'? Whatever. What's the point in having a futuristic game if no one is willing to have an open mind? I was actually thinking more along the lines of something like F.E.A.R.s Type 7 Particle Gun. You can't tell me that wasn't a cool gun. Spare me the "no evidence" bit; again if you think far enough into the future (much beyond the next 10 years) who knows what is possible? And I wouldn't expect the game to be totally realistic. No CoD game has been that realistic.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#26 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

I HATE WWII!

matte3560

Whats wrong with WWII? It offers some of the best FPS action.

sniper_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#27 sniper_99
Member since 2004 • 2820 Posts
[QUOTE="matte3560"]

I HATE WWII!

Wasdie

Whats wrong with WWII? It offers some of the best FPS action.

its always the same old kill the crazy Nazis. Nothing wrong with gameplay

F4ll3n_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 F4ll3n_1
Member since 2005 • 1263 Posts

Futuristic warfare games often fail to capture the intensity of war, simply because it is totally imagined, with no basis on what people have experienced.

But I think that if anybody can pull off a seriously intense futuristic war, it'll be the COD guys.

stepat201

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 stepat201
Member since 2008 • 1979 Posts
Vietnam Please.
inyourface_12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#30 inyourface_12
Member since 2006 • 14757 Posts
I WANT NAM
Kuyt19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#31 Kuyt19
Member since 2007 • 856 Posts

Vietnam Please.stepat201

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.....i think Sly Stallone did enough damage over there. Leave the poor things alone.

kamix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 kamix
[QUOTE="kamix"]

Please, no lasers.

Qixote

Is that the extent of your imagination. Lasers = 'pew pew'? Whatever. What's the point in having a futuristic game if no one is willing to have an open mind? I was actually thinking more along the lines of something like F.E.A.R.s Type 7 Particle Gun. You can't tell me that wasn't a cool gun. Spare me the "no evidence" bit; again if you think far enough into the future (much beyond the next 10 years) who knows what is possible? And I wouldn't expect the game to be totally realistic. No CoD game has been that realistic.

I wasn't imagining it I was basing it on the futuristic war games I HAVE played, for eg. Battlefield 2142 (from a team just as loved as COD) that was just attrocious IMO.

And yeah Vietnam would be awesome, Vietcong is one of my all time favourite fps games, shame BF vietnam sucked.

matte3560

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 matte3560

i want to start seeing these war games get brutal.i wanna see the results of my machinegun tearing up a guy. artillery should blow arms and legs off. Sigh why dont they make games like soldier of fortune anymore?crazyfist36
EDIT: why the heck didnt my post show up at first? anyway, here it is.....

i couldnt agree more, but an M249 resulting in gibs would be a bit over the top...

redbaron3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 redbaron3
Member since 2004 • 984 Posts

im still waiting for a CoD game with this battle in it

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Suomussalmi

Egyptman786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Egyptman786
Member since 2008 • 1152 Posts
ummmm no
ninja_ch1kn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 ninja_ch1kn
Member since 2008 • 102 Posts

Let's see...

They have done 4 games in the past (WWII), 1 game on modern warfare, so they are bound to do the sixth on futuristic warfare. If they last that long.

matte3560

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 matte3560

im still waiting for a CoD game with this battle in it

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Suomussalmi

redbaron3

^^,

bachilders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#38 bachilders
Member since 2005 • 1430 Posts

I also think that COD Vietnam would be awesome. Or COD 6 Pokemon version where you can build your own class (pokemon) with skills (attributes like defense and speed) perks ( hard shell for rock pokemon) and weapons (fire spin, thunderbolt, etc)

So who is with me on that :)

DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 DanielDust
Member since 2007 • 15402 Posts

I also think that COD Vietnam would be awesome. Or COD 6 Pokemon version where you can build your own class (pokemon) with skills (attributes like defense and speed) perks ( hard shell for rock pokemon) and weapons (fire spin, thunderbolt, etc)

So who is with me on that :)

bachilders

You might be on to something ;). It could be cool, but something like that can't be done for now, because a game like that has to be dinamic, with lots of interactions, very good animations and so on, to make it a fun FPS and unique at the same time ;). No dev would be up to it, because even the ones that care don't care that much about PC games. TF 2 is not even 1/8 of what I have in mind and even a competitor for TF 2 is hard to make, because of the way the devs do their job, not because of technical issues, but, oh well, maybe there will be a game like this, a fun, war, animated, lots of customization, FPS game :).

Oh and yeah. Vietnam games sucked but IW could pull it off, I really want a decent Vietnam game.

Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#40 Lach0121
Member since 2007 • 11792 Posts
To each his own.
Grim_Wolf88
true that, but honsestly i have landed on the beach of normandy so many times i could right a book about d-day. i also heard rumors that since activision got with blizzard and became activision-blizzard, that the new cod is a near furture shooter that is rumored to be an MMO...
matte3560

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 matte3560
[QUOTE="Grim_Wolf88"]To each his own.
Lach0121
true that, but honsestly i have landed on the beach of normandy so many times i could right a book about d-day. i also heard rumors that since activision got with blizzard and became activision-blizzard, that the new cod is a near furture shooter that is rumored to be an MMO...

a CoD MMO? umm, how is that supposed to work?
foggy666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#42 foggy666
Member since 2003 • 1123 Posts

don't know, but if its set in a futuristic, apocalyptic winter wonderland of death, with laser cannons & plasma rifles, it'll be the biggest win of life.GUNpoint_

if you would make a instant-drink powder with this idea, i would drink it everyday, seriously I'm waiting for a game in this setting for so long.

augustlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 augustlight
Member since 2008 • 400 Posts
Yes to those that said Vietnam. No to those that said WW2. Meh to those that said Sci-Fi.
xmen1414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 xmen1414
Member since 2006 • 1948 Posts

i've heard CoD 6 might be set in the future, any truth to this?

matte3560

I head its gonna be in Vietnam!

Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Lach0121
[QUOTE="Lach0121"][QUOTE="Grim_Wolf88"]To each his own.
matte3560

a CoD MMO? umm, how is that supposed to work?

i am not sure myself, im sure they could do it, i guess build it sort of like Huxley or something. i am very curious to see how they would do it, if it is infact going to be an MMO, but we will have to wait a bit longer to find out unfortunately.
Enosh88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Enosh88
Member since 2008 • 1728 Posts

I HATE WWII!

matte3560

I still think we need another world war so that the games industry gets new material

or a ww2 game from the point of view from a wehrmacht soldier. First at france, then he gets transfered to afrika under Rommel and at the end to the russian front. The final battle would be the battle for Berlin where he would die defending the reichstag.

[QUOTE="Qixote"][QUOTE="kamix"]

Please, no lasers.

kamix

I wasn't imagining it I was basing it on the futuristic war games I HAVE played, for eg. Battlefield 2142 (from a team just as loved as COD) that was just attrocious IMO.

did you really actualy play it? It had no lasers in it, all guns were shooting bullets just like they are today, the only laser thing was that turret. and it was the best in the series. BF2 is all about dolphin diving your way to the top or airplane whoring, in BF2142 you actualy have to work as a squad and vehicles aren't so overpowerd.

Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Lach0121
[QUOTE="matte3560"]

I HATE WWII!

Enosh88

I still think we need another world war so that the games industry gets new material

or a ww2 game from the point of view from a wehrmacht soldier. First at france, then he gets transfered to afrika under Rommel and at the end to the russian front. The final battle would be the battle for Berlin where he would die defending the reichstag.

[QUOTE="Qixote"][QUOTE="kamix"]

Please, no lasers.

kamix

did you really actualy play it? It had no lasers in it, all guns were shooting bullets just like they are today, the only laser thing was that turret. and it was the best in the series. BF2 is all about dolphin diving your way to the top or airplane whoring, in BF2142 you actualy have to work as a squad and vehicles aren't so overpowerd.

acutally if you are familiar with the portable rail gun, it is a magnetic weapon that launches a projectile at high velocities, second tesla and all back in the day were testing electical energy weapons and that was years and years ago. so in order to make an actual beam rifle would take more and more effort, but it isnt impossible, and cost not near a big an issue for weapons here in the US, as anything else, thats all america spends its money on, developing weapons, we have satellites with lasers, we have hand held lasers to guide laser guided ordinance in. so it is possible, hell it may even be a reality as we speak....
axxez94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 axxez94
Member since 2007 • 275 Posts
I hope it will be iam sick at the old fps