Bridging connections in Windows XP (HELP)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Newsboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 0

#1 Newsboy
Member since 2004 • 6534 Posts

I am trying to bridge my wireless card to my ethernet port and every time I make the bridge my wireless connection indicates it is not connected, but it is. The problem is the ethernet port is running to another computer and that computer can not get online, even though Network Connections indicates it is connected. When I disable the bridge, my wireless connection is, once again, enabled.

I have bridged my connection like this multiple times and this is the first time this has happened. My router is a Linksys WRT54G. Any thoughts on what could be wrong?

Oh, and I have tried this with Windows firewall on and off, same thing happens.

DirkVDV01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 DirkVDV01
Member since 2004 • 20155 Posts

I am trying to bridge my wireless card to my ethernet port and every time I make the bridge my wireless connection indicates it is not connected, but it is. The problem is the ethernet port is running to another computer and that computer can not get online, even though Network Connections indicates it is connected. When I disable the bridge, my wireless connection is, once again, enabled.

I have bridged my connection like this multiple times and this is the first time this has happened. My router is a Linksys WRT54G. Any thoughts on what could be wrong?

Oh, and I have tried this with Windows firewall on and off, same thing happens.

Newsboy
Odd....... You sure nothing in your router is enabled? Did you put settings for enabling the MAC addresses on the HW firewall? Or is everything freely accessible?