Blue Screen Madness

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Gammet25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#1 Gammet25
Member since 2009 • 1064 Posts

My computer has been blue screening randomly recently. Once after i finished a league of legends game and once when i was navigating with my mouse. What causes these things to happen and what are the remedies, i know i might not be too specific but i just want to know the possiblities. Please help.

andyroo08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 andyroo08
Member since 2004 • 2082 Posts

There are so many possibilities, when it started blue screening did you install any new hardware or devices including usb? Have you made any changes at all such as overclocking? Wouldn't really just start happening randomly unless it was caused by overheating.

Gammet25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Gammet25

There are so many possibilities, when it started blue screening did you install any new hardware or devices including usb? Have you made any changes at all such as overclocking? Wouldn't really just start happening randomly unless it was caused by overheating.

andyroo08

Not really no. Could u just tell me some common solutions and causes from your own knowledge. Anything would be helpful.

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

Install 1 stick of ram at a time and run memtest

andyroo08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 andyroo08
Member since 2004 • 2082 Posts

Well they could even be caused by something software related like drivers or damaged windows files. Theres no point stabbing in the dark, probably the best way to narrow it down is when you next get a blue screen, write down the message that appears. It'll have some numbers and text under "technical information", then post it here or google it and you'll find out what area the problem is, whether it's drivers, system files, ram etc.

JayneDee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 JayneDee
Member since 2010 • 183 Posts
Blue screens can be anything from drivers to power issues to bad memory to overheating. If you can get the error code from it, that would be more helpful. Googling that error code often yeilds a fairly accurate assumption.
Gammet25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Gammet25

Blue screens can be anything from drivers to power issues to bad memory to overheating. If you can get the error code from it, that would be more helpful. Googling that error code often yeilds a fairly accurate assumption.JayneDee
What if its from a download or a memory. I remember there was something about memory said on the blue screen and this all happened after i downloaded and installed some big stuff like League of legends.