black ops controller problem?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

evilmaster2424

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 evilmaster2424
Member since 2009 • 2060 Posts

ok so i downloaded the DS3 tool to use my ps3 controller on my pc so i can play black ops. the controller works. but when i conect it and try to use it in game it doesnt work. so whats the deal here. how do i fix it. i installed it correctly. or doesn this thing only work for ps1/ps2 emulators or something?

SF_KiLLaMaN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 SF_KiLLaMaN
Member since 2007 • 6446 Posts

lol at playing an FPS with a controller. Seriously though, the PS3 controller does not have official drivers nor does CoD BO support the PS3 controller. It should be possible to play with it, but it is going to be difficult to get it to work. The best advice I can give is to keep messing around with it, or go buy a 360 remote for PC that has official drivers and is supported.

-wildflower-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 -wildflower-
Member since 2003 • 2997 Posts

My advice (yes, I know this is not what you're asking for) would be to practice using the mouse and keyboard because you will get destroyed if you try to use a controller in PC multi-player. It'll take a bit but eventually you will become good with the M&KB and then there will be no looking back.

evilmaster2424

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 evilmaster2424
i used to be failry decent with mnouse and keyboard but i havnt played a pc game in so long that im horrendous with it now. thats why i was hoping to use the ps3 controller. i got the driver signed and evrything but it just doesnt wokr wiht the game. dont ask me how i got it signed cuz i have no clue i weatched somne video adn said that if i download so file put it ina folder and do this other crap wiht some other program it would sign it. i dont really no what it did but it wokrks...jsut not wiht any games. i was thinking that it would work like a regular gaempad controller would
-wildflower-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 -wildflower-
Member since 2003 • 2997 Posts

Not sure if this is what you're using but this is what I could find: How to Use a Playstation 3 Controller in 64 bit Windows 7 and Vista

Hope it helps some and good luck.

II_Seraphim_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 II_Seraphim_II
Member since 2007 • 20534 Posts
First of all, Don't use a controller for PC FPS. Thats like giving yourself a handicap of like 100. Secondly, PS3 controller has no official windows drivers so its a bit finicky. I had the same problem using the PS3 controller on Dead Space. I couldnt stand playing Dead Space on PC with M+KB because your guys was so unresponsive it pissed me off to no end. The I put the PS3 controller and it was all finicky, so I finally just went out and bought a cheap Logitech controller.
bonafidetk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 bonafidetk
Member since 2004 • 3911 Posts
save yourself a headache and buy a 360 controller if you insist on using one. Also PC FPS games do not have auto-aim like consoles do, so using a controller for precise movement on the PC is more difficult, and dont even think about playing online with a controller. You will get destroyed :)
snover2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#8 snover2009
Member since 2008 • 1730 Posts

lol at playing an FPS with a controller. Seriously though, the PS3 controller does not have official drivers nor does CoD BO support the PS3 controller. It should be possible to play with it, but it is going to be difficult to get it to work. The best advice I can give is to keep messing around with it, or go buy a 360 remote for PC that has official drivers and is supported.

SF_KiLLaMaN

Well to some people playing FPS with a controller feels better than playing with the mouse and keyboard.

Papadrach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Papadrach
Member since 2008 • 1965 Posts

[QUOTE="SF_KiLLaMaN"]

snover2009

Well to some people playing FPS with a controller feels better than playing with the mouse and keyboard.

This, i like playing the cod games on console. They feel so awkward on pc.
Papadrach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Papadrach

Make sure its plugged in. Click on the driver manager and load driver. after thats done, go back to profiles. Bubble in the Xbox360 controller emulator. ( ik ur using the ps3 controller but it only detects *xbox* coontrollers. Then click enable. Might have to switch the bumper and trigger settings by clicking the options tag next to the xbox emulator thing. Be aware that there is no auto aim, so its not like playing on consoles. It is somewhat harder.

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ChubbyGuy40
Member since 2007 • 26442 Posts

You're using MotionJoy correct? Try using the 360 controller emulator option. Also did you fiddle around with the settings in Black Ops for controls?

SF_KiLLaMaN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 SF_KiLLaMaN

[QUOTE="SF_KiLLaMaN"]

snover2009

You would get slaughtered online. I'm not sure how that would be fun at all. If you want to play CoD on console, get it for a console then, not the PC.

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ChubbyGuy40
Member since 2007 • 26442 Posts

[QUOTE="snover2009"]

[QUOTE="SF_KiLLaMaN"]

SF_KiLLaMaN

You would get slaughtered online. I'm not sure how that would be fun at all. If you want to play CoD on console, get it for a console then, not the PC.

Not everyone plays to top the leaderboards. I play online just to have fun, and I do even if I get 3-20 K/D rounds. Plus people with controllers usually means easier targets for us KB/M people.

SF_KiLLaMaN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 SF_KiLLaMaN

[QUOTE="SF_KiLLaMaN"]

[QUOTE="snover2009"]

ChubbyGuy40

Not everyone plays to top the leaderboards. I play online just to have fun, and I do even if I get 3-20 K/D rounds. Plus people with controllers usually means easier targets for us KB/M people.

I don't play to top any leaderboards either, I am actually average at most FPS games. But if I constantly die without getting any kills, I don't have any fun. Running around and dying isn't fun at all.
Papadrach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Papadrach

Funny the 4 servers i rotate around on PC, i use my ps3 controller sometimes. Never came in last once. Was usually in top 3 for my team...

evilmaster2424

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 evilmaster2424

You're using MotionJoy correct? Try using the 360 controller emulator option. Also did you fiddle around with the settings in Black Ops for controls?

ChubbyGuy40
yea im useing motioninjoy. ill try the 360 thing. hope that works
evilmaster2424

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 evilmaster2424
changeiung the thing to use it as a 360 controller emulator thing fixed it. so thanks guys. i probably wouldnt have figured that out wihtout ya. :D
millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#18 millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts

[QUOTE="snover2009"]

[QUOTE="SF_KiLLaMaN"]

Papadrach

Other than being too easy, they do NOT feel awkward.

evilmaster2424

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 evilmaster2424

[QUOTE="Papadrach"][QUOTE="snover2009"]

millerlight89

well if you dont play on pc that often then it is pretty difficult to get used to. thats why i use my controller.
Papadrach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Papadrach
[QUOTE="millerlight89"]

[QUOTE="Papadrach"] This, i like playing the cod games on console. They feel so awkward on pc.evilmaster2424

well if you dont play on pc that often then it is pretty difficult to get used to. thats why i use my controller.

No prob from the help. And I play CSS, TF2, L4D's, BC2, COD4, Killingfloor, those all feel right with the mouse. BO on pc felt not right.
millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#21 millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts

[QUOTE="evilmaster2424"][QUOTE="millerlight89"] Other than being too easy, they do NOT feel awkward.

Papadrach

No prob from the help. And I play CSS, TF2, L4D's, BC2, COD4, Killingfloor, those all feel right with the mouse. BO on pc felt not right.

Felt perfecty fine to me, so this going to go no where.

evilmaster2424

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 evilmaster2424

[QUOTE="evilmaster2424"][QUOTE="millerlight89"] Other than being too easy, they do NOT feel awkward.

Papadrach

i used to play halo and tf2 on pc and i was average. i wwasnt amazing but i will still good. but now im terible cuz i havnt played pc in so long. itss all foeign to me again

snover2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#23 snover2009
Member since 2008 • 1730 Posts

[QUOTE="snover2009"]

[QUOTE="SF_KiLLaMaN"]

SF_KiLLaMaN

That doesn't happen because of someone using a gamepad, it happens because all the people who play COD online, regardless of platform, have superhuman reflexes for some strange reason.

Also, the gamepad like the mouse and keyboard is just an input device. If the person behind that input device has the skill to make sure you don't get a single kill then he has the skill to do so regardless of who uses what to play on PC.

DarkblueNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 DarkblueNinja
Member since 2009 • 1016 Posts

ok so i downloaded the DS3 tool to use my ps3 controller on my pc so i can play black ops. the controller works. but when i conect it and try to use it in game it doesnt work. so whats the deal here. how do i fix it. i installed it correctly. or doesn this thing only work for ps1/ps2 emulators or something?

evilmaster2424
Open DS3 Tool - > Profiles -> Choose " Xbox 360 Controller Emulator -> Click Enable. Try that and see if it works.