BF:Bad Company 2 or Arma OA

This topic is locked from further discussion.

j_o_h_n_s_o_n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 j_o_h_n_s_o_n
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
Hi i am new to GS If anyone has played both the games please suggest me which one to buy. I am mostly a SP gamer but wouldn't mine good MP. It would be good if both these games are bugs free thank you
simardbrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 simardbrad
Member since 2004 • 2355 Posts

The games are totally different. What are you looking for? Do you want a faster paced less realistic shooter, or a slower paced more realistic shooter.

j_o_h_n_s_o_n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 j_o_h_n_s_o_n
Wouldn't mine if a game has good SP. I loved operation flashpoint Cold War Crisis if Arma OA is anything like that then it would be good but i don't want buggy game
Karl319

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Karl319
Member since 2005 • 4390 Posts
Well the ArmA series is known for bugs and glitches. Though it's basically the same as Cold War Crisis which was also buggy. So if you liked Cold War Crisis you'd probably like ArmA 2 and ArmA OA. Bad Company 2 is a smaller more focused and action packed shooter. ArmA is a slow paced military simulation shooter. It's just down to what you prefer. Both have a singleplayer.
dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#5 dakan45
Member since 2009 • 18819 Posts
[QUOTE="j_o_h_n_s_o_n"]Wouldn't mine if a game has good SP. I loved operation flashpoint Cold War Crisis if Arma OA is anything like that then it would be good but i don't want buggy game

Then get arma 2, its the same game i assure you.
PcGamingRig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 PcGamingRig
Member since 2009 • 7386 Posts

Well the ArmA series is known for bugs and glitches. Though it's basically the same as Cold War Crisis which was also buggy. So if you liked Cold War Crisis you'd probably like ArmA 2 and ArmA OA. Bad Company 2 is a smaller more focused and action packed shooter. ArmA is a slow paced military simulation shooter. It's just down to what you prefer. Both have a singleplayer. Karl319
with mods and patches alot of the bugs and glitches are gone now though, but like they said depends what you're looking for in gameplay.

Farkeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Farkeman
Member since 2009 • 1199 Posts
gameplay = bc2 realism = arma 2 arma 2 has horrible gameplay imo ...
dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 dakan45
[QUOTE="Farkeman"]gameplay = bc2 realism = arma 2 arma 2 has horrible gameplay imo ...

Well, atlest you dont shoot someone 6 times with an smg like in bad company 2.
PcGamingRig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 PcGamingRig

how does arma 2 have horrible gameplay? it's designed to be realistic and that's what it is, if the gameplay isn't fun but realistic doesn't mean it's not good gameplay..

jernas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#10 jernas
Member since 2005 • 1514 Posts

how does arma 2 have horrible gameplay? it's designed to be realistic and that's what it is, if the gameplay isn't fun but realistic doesn't mean it's not good gameplay..

PcGamingRig

Some people don't like games that are either too hard or too complicated. I myself like ArmA 1 and I love Battlefield 2. Unfortunately I've never played ArmA 2 or B:BC2 so I might as well shut up now.

j_o_h_n_s_o_n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 j_o_h_n_s_o_n
[QUOTE="dakan45"][QUOTE="j_o_h_n_s_o_n"]Wouldn't mine if a game has good SP. I loved operation flashpoint Cold War Crisis if Arma OA is anything like that then it would be good but i don't want buggy game

Then get arma 2, its the same game i assure you.

but sir i have heard it's buggy. so i never bought Arma 2 are all the bugs patched in Arma 2?
ghegpatatas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ghegpatatas
Member since 2010 • 611 Posts
BFBC2.:)
Farkeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Farkeman
Member since 2009 • 1199 Posts
[QUOTE="dakan45"][QUOTE="Farkeman"]gameplay = bc2 realism = arma 2 arma 2 has horrible gameplay imo ...

Well, atlest you dont shoot someone 6 times with an smg like in bad company 2.

6 times ? wake up and l2p , if ur aim sucks dont blame in on game , 3 rounds with magnum ammo is more than enough ...
alexlmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 alexlmt
Member since 2006 • 418 Posts
You should know that BC2's single player is pretty short.
j_o_h_n_s_o_n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 j_o_h_n_s_o_n
You should know that BC2's single player is pretty short.alexlmt
what about Arma OA SP length ?
dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 dakan45

but what about bugs? j_o_h_n_s_o_n
After all those patches? Not only they are patched up but i mysteriously found my game to run much better one day because of a patch.

6 times ? wake up and l2p , if ur aim sucks dont blame in on game , 3 rounds with magnum ammo is more than enoughFarkeman
Aim sucks? magnum? It seems you completly missed my point. Arma 2 is designed to be reallistic, which means that you wont have to aim to the head in order to kill someone quickly, 1-2 hits can kill, max 3. It also meens you dont need a freaking magnum (by the way military does not use magnum pistols for a reason) and it means that you dont need a freaking 50 caliber to kill someone. Its reallistic, a few shots kill. Also for your informations weapons in arma 2 are far more innacurate than bad company 2. In comparison, bad company's 2 combat in terms of realism is just like counter strike. In arma 2 weapons are powerfull and can kill with a few shots because the game is reallistic. You are not meant to have mad online fps skills to win, you are meant to play reallisticly, maintain accuracy in long range and pinpoint were the bullets will hit and not either go for a headshot or learn your weapon mechanics to put many sucessfull shots quickly. I can swear that in any online fps that does not focus on alot of realism, there will be atleast one smg that it takes 5 shots to kill someone. Thats what seperates arma 2 from all the other online fps.

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 dakan45
[QUOTE="alexlmt"]You should know that BC2's single player is pretty short.j_o_h_n_s_o_n
what about Arma OA SP length ?

LONG. But it depend on what you are up for. For example if you dont like playing the game slowly with patience and you want a faster paced experiance with better story then go for bad company 2. You see nowadays Most people cant invest so much time on a single game and so much patience. But if you want more operation flashpoint, you will be fine.
dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 dakan45
I know you said magnum bullets, and i remind you, the military does not use magnum or armor piercing. Unlike bad company 2 in arma 2 you dont need upgrades like that, because the combat is lethal already. So its bad company's gameplay that is bad not arma 2.
j_o_h_n_s_o_n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 j_o_h_n_s_o_n
Thank you to all PC gamers for valuable information :) i am buying Arma2 with it's expansion OA
dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 dakan45
No gameplay is bad because you need crap upgrades like that to enforce your point that it takes few shots to kill someone which renders your point invalid. In arma 2 however it does not. Besides when i replayed to you i did not insult you in any way or dissrespect you or say arma 2 has clearly better gameplay or fanbase, (athough i added my opinion about that on the last post.) What i said is that while one can define it bad, atleast it does not take many hits to kill someone. The whole idea of arma 2 is not to go to action fast and spend time to take someone out. The idea is to play it slow quetly and patiently its a completly diffirent game with diffirent pacing and main idea. You cant compare it with a casual competitive online fps. Because its a hardcore fps that needs things to be done with precision and patience. Its not about ranking up the kills.
dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 dakan45
look i said what i had to say. Please re-read what i said for further arguments becasue thats about it. As for arma 2 not been hardcore? Well if arma 2 is not hardcore then nothing is hardcore. Also your opinion on what is hardcore is not a fact. Just what you think is hardcore.
PcGamingRig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 PcGamingRig

Thank you to all PC gamers for valuable information :) i am buying Arma2 with it's expansion OAj_o_h_n_s_o_n
good decision :), and i'll repeat myself for the other people posting on the topic, just because the game is slow paced and u find it boring doesn't mean it has bad gameplay, their are plenty of people who love the slow pace and find fun in the realism, so the gameplay is not terrible it's just your opinion.

edinsftw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 edinsftw
Member since 2009 • 4243 Posts

Short and simple:

Fun=bad company 2

reaslistic=arma

dos4gw82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 dos4gw82
Member since 2006 • 1896 Posts

Is it me, or is this thread missing a whole other half of a conversation? I'm confused. :|

At any rate, you should be happy with Arma 2: OA, I think. But I wouldn't go in hoping for it to be as good as Flashpoint.

Don't pass up on Bad Company 2 if you have the time or money in the future, though.

thespywholied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 thespywholied
Member since 2008 • 3358 Posts

Short and simple:

Fun=bad company 2

reaslistic=arma

edinsftw

Post me a BC2 video that has this much fun online.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oS_2uS2CCdY&feature=related

edinsftw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 edinsftw
Member since 2009 • 4243 Posts

[QUOTE="edinsftw"]

Short and simple:

Fun=bad company 2

reaslistic=arma

thespywholied

Post me a BC2 video that has this much fun online.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oS_2uS2CCdY&feature=related

Too much work, i have found that realistic games are never as fun.

enorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 enorox
Member since 2006 • 252 Posts

Hey, thinking of getting BC2 in a couple of days.

Sorry if I'm offtopic here but I have a quick question about the gameplay of BC2. I played MW2 before and ABSOLUTELY hated how it was just run around and shoot. Is BC2 more sit back and shoot or is it like MW2 where people are always just running around trying to kill everyone themselves? I hope I worded my question right

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#31 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

Two totally differnt games, both are good though.

I own both games but I play ARMA2 and ARMA2 Operation Arrowhead way more then BadCompany2.

Avatar image for mechwarrior_bob
mechwarrior_bob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#32 mechwarrior_bob
Member since 2006 • 1789 Posts

BFBC2 if you want to have fun

ARMA if you want realism and more options/replay value

rmfd341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#33 rmfd341
Member since 2008 • 3808 Posts
Get ARMA 2 for the sandbox experience, it's just amazing.
ghost117007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 ghost117007
Member since 2008 • 145 Posts

Get arma OA. Its exactly like ofp cold war crisis. just updated. most of the bugs were fixed. If u liked cold war crisis. YOU WILL LOVE ARMA

simardbrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 simardbrad

Why do people keep saying Fun - BC2, Realistic - ArmA 2

Personally I find the realism in ArmA 2 way more "fun" than BC2. It's more like this:

Arcade - BC2

Realistic - ArmA 2

BLUBBBER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 BLUBBBER
Member since 2006 • 367 Posts

Personally I find the realism in ArmA 2 way more "fun" than BC2. It's more like this:

Arcade - BC2

Realistic - ArmA 2

simardbrad

Honestly after I played Operation Arrowhead's demo today, I enjoyed it much more than BF:BC2 because of it's deep tactical, sandbox experience. However, the game runs horribly so I can't play it well

simardbrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 simardbrad

[QUOTE="simardbrad"]

Arcade - BC2

Realistic - ArmA 2

BLUBBBER

Honestly after I played Operation Arrowhead's demo today, I enjoyed it much more than BF:BC2 because of it's deep tactical, sandbox experience. However, the game runs horribly so I can't play it well

What are your pc specs?

BLUBBBER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 BLUBBBER

[QUOTE="BLUBBBER"]

[QUOTE="simardbrad"]

Arcade - BC2

Realistic - ArmA 2

simardbrad

What are your pc specs?

I have AMD Phenom II 720 BE Triple Core, ATI Radeon HD 4850 1 GB, 4 gb ddr2 RAM. My computer isn't really great, but I can run Crysis at a pretty decent level. Arma II gets pretty laggy for me, plus the HDR is pretty bad IMO

Ragingbear505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Ragingbear505
Member since 2008 • 819 Posts

I own and play a lot of both and Arma 2 is definitely the superior game. Bad Company 2 is good, but once you finish the campaign and get all the unlocks its just the same maps over and over again. Arma 2 has almost unlimited replayability through mods, user created missions, and all the wicked stuff the multiplayer community comes up with.

guildclaws

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 guildclaws
Member since 2009 • 7921 Posts
Get Battlefield: Bad Company 2, Arma 2 have bugs and glitches
mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#41 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58309 Posts

Thank you to all PC gamers for valuable information :) i am buying Arma2 with it's expansion OAj_o_h_n_s_o_n

ArmA is incredibly rewariding if you stick with it.

Give it a chance, no matter how frustrated you are.

also...to skip a mission hit "shift" and "numpad -" and then type "endmission" lol.

PcGamingRig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 PcGamingRig

Get Battlefield: Bad Company 2, Arma 2 have bugs and glitchesguildclaws
it doesn't anymore, all been bugs & glitches have patched and modded out.

Ntalikeris666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#43 Ntalikeris666
Member since 2009 • 71 Posts

Personally i would go for BFBC2. Although they are two completely different games, i still find ARMA OA buggy and sometimes it becomes kinda boring. -Something which is not the case at all in BC2-

simardbrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 simardbrad

[QUOTE="simardbrad"]

[QUOTE="BLUBBBER"]

What are your pc specs?

BLUBBBER

I have AMD Phenom II 720 BE Triple Core, ATI Radeon HD 4850 1 GB, 4 gb ddr2 RAM. My computer isn't really great, but I can run Crysis at a pretty decent level. Arma II gets pretty laggy for me, plus the HDR is pretty bad IMO

Add me to xfire - GossamerSolid and I'll help you get it running nice.

Yes arma 2 does have bugs and glitches... but BC2 does as well. No game will ever be without bugs and glitches due to the fact that they are programmed by a large group of humans. We all make mistakes and it happens in programming. At least ArmA2's devs are always working on fixing problems (http://forums.bistudio.com/forumdisplay.php?f=82) While DICE always says... oh we had distribution problems, let's delay this patch by 2 months.

skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts
These are polar opposite games. BFBC2 has a pretty mediocre singleplayer that wishes it was akin to Call of Duty, and some great arcade shooter multiplayer; it is very polished. ArmA II OA is a simulator; it's singleplayer is good and there is huge amounts of content however it lacks polish, the multiplayer is also extremely expansive and deep, however it is an acquired taste. The Editor is also amazing. Chance are you simply wont like ArmA II if you don't like games that are unconventional and strive for realism - and also have a tolerance for low production values and rough edges. At the end of the day however singleplayer wise ArmA II is OA is infinitely more rewarding; the editor alone is amazing fun and easy to use. Multiplayer wise there is much more there than any BF game has offered.
mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#46 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58309 Posts

kinda unrelated, but I heard the ai and user interface have been streamlined and improved in OA; does that scale back in the original ArmAII?

BLUBBBER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 BLUBBBER

[QUOTE="BLUBBBER"]

[QUOTE="simardbrad"]

simardbrad

Add me to xfire - GossamerSolid and I'll help you get it running nice.

Yes arma 2 does have bugs and glitches... but BC2 does as well. No game will ever be without bugs and glitches due to the fact that they are programmed by a large group of humans. We all make mistakes and it happens in programming. At least ArmA2's devs are always working on fixing problems (http://forums.bistudio.com/forumdisplay.php?f=82) While DICE always says... oh we had distribution problems, let's delay this patch by 2 months.

Sorry for the late reply. I'll add you to xfire