BF3 single player is a steaming pile of crap

• 72 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

merigoldsass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 merigoldsass
Member since 2011 • 575 Posts

in the Night Shift mission I wandered a little to far and the Mission failed and saved at the same time. No my game loads at the Mission Failed screen, does anyone now know how to get around this besides replaying the chapter? i have not tried multiplayer yet however the single player seems to be terrible, the xbox 360 controller works like crap also. button prompts have problems working. i can not beleive developers release this garbage.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

go play online, it's what it's made for

raven_squad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3 raven_squad
Member since 2007 • 78438 Posts
It really is pretty damn bad. I'm not sure they should have even bothered with it at this point. Bad Company 1 and 2 did the series far more justice in the singleplayer realm. BF3's is a step back.
Johnny_Rock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Johnny_Rock
Member since 2002 • 40314 Posts

They should have never made it. Really. What is Battlefield for other than the multiplayer?

IZoMBiEI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 IZoMBiEI
Member since 2002 • 6477 Posts

Its definetly not fun, but it really doesnt need a single player campagne imo.

Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Phoenix534
Member since 2008 • 17774 Posts

Am I the only damn person out there that really liked the campaign?

SF_KiLLaMaN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 SF_KiLLaMaN
Member since 2007 • 6446 Posts
You shouldn't be using a controller for a PC FPS anyways. Why would they focus on perfecting something less than 1% of PC gamers use? My suggestion is to get used to keyboard and mouse or go to consoles. As for the single player, it's Battlefield 3, what did you expect? BF2 didn't even have a campaign.
danjammer69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 danjammer69
Member since 2004 • 4331 Posts

Phoenix534
No, I am enjoying it as well. I find it very similar to the over the top COD campaigns. How anyone could think that the SP from either Bad Company games are better is beyond me. I liked those too, but this is pretty good.
with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#9 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

I'm pretty sure that after the reviews people are going in expecting to hate it, and with that negative mindset they do.

I'm sorry, but it really isn't bad at all. Just as good as recent COD campaigns, better than MW2's campaign actually. It borrows from MW 1's campaign quite a bit, but the graphics and gunplay are so incredible that its really entertaining regardless.

The mission "Comrades" was excellent. The rest has ranged from mediocre to good.

Easily better than BC 2's campaign.

retrogamer1971

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 retrogamer1971
Member since 2011 • 111 Posts
You have to really enjoy SP campaigns to truly appreciate this game. I have a few qualms about the SP but it's not terrible by any means. If you go into the game with the proper mindset then you will enjoy the hell out of it. I treat the game world as if it's a "combat simulator" and in that regard the game succeeds brilliantly. No over the top surprises and action. It's just a gritty, life like portrayal of war inside the context of a video game. I am retired military and I can easily recall similar scenarios and conversations that the game reminded me of while still on active duty. I enjoyed the ARMA series too, but I think it goes too far with the simulation aspect of combat for the mainstream gaming market. Whereas BF 3 hits it right in the nail through it's graphics, characters, and storyline. I would love to see a WW2, Call of Duty 2 type campaign using this engine and the DICE studio. wink :)
JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

You shouldn't be using a controller for a PC FPS anyways. Why would they focus on perfecting something less than 1% of PC gamers use? My suggestion is to get used to keyboard and mouse or go to consoles. As for the single player, it's Battlefield 3, what did you expect? BF2 didn't even have a campaign.SF_KiLLaMaN

I enjoy it when people pull statistics out of their behind. Also battlefield 2 came out like 6 years ago, standards for games obviously change over time.

merigoldsass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 merigoldsass
Member since 2011 • 575 Posts

You shouldn't be using a controller for a PC FPS anyways. Why would they focus on perfecting something less than 1% of PC gamers use? My suggestion is to get used to keyboard and mouse or go to consoles. As for the single player, it's Battlefield 3, what did you expect? BF2 didn't even have a campaign.SF_KiLLaMaN
why would i go back to playing on consoles , the graphics are garbage compared to pc. it is not a crime to use a gamepad for pc games, that is mostly how i like to play. if a game is better off with a mouse and keyboard i will use them , for example i played mass effect, witcher, and amnesia with a mouse and keyboard.

Fizzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 Fizzman
Member since 2003 • 9895 Posts

BF3 has a SP campaign? Who cares about something that was just thrown in for the hell of it?

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#14 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58489 Posts

I thought it was all right. Nothing great, but definitely not crap

Papadrach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Papadrach
Member since 2008 • 1965 Posts

Im finding the campaign really enjoyable. Alot more authentic and thrilling than 9/10 CoD... God knows how it scored lower than that "stemaing" pile of crap.

Iantheone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Iantheone
Member since 2007 • 8242 Posts

Phoenix534
Nah, I liked it. It wasnt anything special though, just like the COD campaigns. It was fun though. Dont see why everyone is calling it the worst thing ever.
wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts
[QUOTE="Phoenix534"]

Iantheone
Nah, I liked it. It wasnt anything special though, just like the COD campaigns. It was fun though. Dont see why everyone is calling it the worst thing ever.

Yea same. It has good set pieces, good voice sound quality, and visuals unmatched even in most CGI films. Sure, it was hashed together, but the map layouts and gunfights were fun. AI was as dumb as ever though
Avatar image for hartsickdiscipl
hartsickdiscipl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#18 hartsickdiscipl
Member since 2003 • 14787 Posts

They should have never made it. Really. What is Battlefield for other than the multiplayer?

Johnny_Rock

Umm.. Bad Company 2 had a great SP campaign. I really enjoyed it. There are those of us who don't have internet connections fast enough to allow us to enjoy multiplayer. That's why the SP should be good.

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 JigglyWiggly_
Member since 2009 • 24625 Posts
The SP is stupid, your AI teamates do nothing. I just want them to tell them to go home and become a family man because I can solo it. They just stand there whining. I am like I am pro Ql player, stand aside and kill every1. Also the game is easy on the hardest difficulty, which I think there are only 3. Oh and the beggining is a rip of black ops, everythign is ripped off of COD. And this whole marine talking stuff is really boring, I rather just be super leet millitary guy in COD.
davaniius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 davaniius
Member since 2007 • 498 Posts

Phoenix534

I liked it too. On my second playthrough on hard difficulty.

Ain't no better or worse than other fps's released this year. Same with id's rage.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#21 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
I hate to echo the same old saying when it comes to BF series: It's all about the multiplayer online. Just like Bad Company 2, I ignored the campaign until I hit rank 26 until I finally forced myself to finish the campaign. Don't get me wrong, the SP was solid, but nothing to write home about and that's what I expected. Same goes with BF3, same story, different game. Multiplayer is where it's at and it's incredibly fun. If I had to rate the game on the multiplayer alone, it would be 10/10.
CUDGEdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#22 CUDGEdave
Member since 2010 • 2597 Posts

Too many moaners, SP wasn't that bad,But MP is where Battlefield is at and I can't wait till have a MP game tonight with a few nice ice cold beers!

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#23 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

Too many moaners, SP wasn't that bad,But MP is where Battlefield is at and I can't wait till have a MP game tonight with a few nice ice cold beers!

CUDGEdave
Ice cold beers with BF3? Mmmmmm.. can't wait for the weekend.
retrogamer1971

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 retrogamer1971
Member since 2011 • 111 Posts
On my second play thru and stand by my earlier comments. The only negative for me is the friendly AI. They are useless, but the enemy AI seems to be a little better, especially on hard difficulty. I like the way they take cover in ways that is not always predictable compared to other fps. This second playthru I am really able to appreciate the beauty of the graphics. They are to me a precursor to the next gen. Character textures are not great but the environments and lighting are excellent.
adamosmaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#25 adamosmaki
Member since 2007 • 10718 Posts

Johnny_Rock
true. The should have just added an offline mode where you can play with bots for practice
DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 DanielDust
Member since 2007 • 15402 Posts
I'd really like to experience it after I saw somebody mention that at least it's better than the utter garbage that MW 2 was, which was way over BC 2's campaign anyway, that was a pathetic attempt at making a singleplayer campaign, but the game is unplayable, multiplayer rarely suffers from this, singleplayer has constant micro stutter, it's unplayable.
Raxzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#27 Raxzor
Member since 2003 • 5399 Posts

Personally I wished they never made the SP game for BF3 because it has tarnished the games rep slightly. And think of the wasted resources that went into making the SP game that could have been utilised for the MP game.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#28 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts
[QUOTE="Johnny_Rock"]

adamosmaki
true. The should have just added an offline mode where you can play with bots for practice

I would had loved that.
frankopan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 frankopan
Member since 2005 • 186 Posts

I'm level 7 in mp and I have never touched the singleplayer campaign. Probably never will considering reviews. I will however play the co-op to unlock the mp7.

DevilMightCry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#30 DevilMightCry
Member since 2007 • 3554 Posts
It really is pretty damn bad. I'm not sure they should have even bothered with it at this point. Bad Company 1 and 2 did the series far more justice in the singleplayer realm. BF3's is a step back.raven_squad
I liked the open level feel of BC1, and I had fun blowing holes in houses. BC2 was more linear, but had some good moments. BF3 was a step in the wrong direction....like as in COD.
gedz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 gedz
Member since 2005 • 674 Posts

[QUOTE="adamosmaki"][QUOTE="Johnny_Rock"]

mitu123

I would had loved that.

Same here. Just got my copy now..I'll still give SP a try though even after the negative reviews

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Grey_Eyed_Elf
Member since 2011 • 7970 Posts
It felt like I was playing a better looking Call of Duty... wasn't bad but It would have been better do have used that development time to make more multi-player content or add more polish to the engine and current maps. That said consoles are the majority and you cant release a console game without a single player without getting your negative attention, so I completely understand why it was made but if this was made for PC only like I think it should have I would have to say the game would be what actual fans wanted. Fans as in the people playing BF2 on a weekly basis that have been reading every preview of the game since it was first announced... but yet more and more developers just give in and make the game to suit the demographic that wont buy a game unless it gets a cool advert and a 9+ score. Well 8.5... you shot your self in the foot, well done.
Malta_1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Malta_1980
Member since 2008 • 11890 Posts

Actually I didnt even play the SP campaigns for both BFBC 1&2... I just focused on its mp..

However as some pointed out even if a game's main focus is mp, once devs decide to put a sp campaign the least they can do is making a good one.. Otherwise dont bother at all..

With this am not saying BF3's sp campaign is bad, but was expecting better.. still need to finish it :)

trastamad03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 trastamad03
Member since 2006 • 4859 Posts
I dont know... I'm having fun with the SP and Co-op with my friend... especially when they are set on Hard :D
s_emi_xxxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 s_emi_xxxxx
Member since 2005 • 1058 Posts
yes it's horrendous. I never thought i'd say this but I would prefer any COD campaign over this.
Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#36 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

It's actually quite good, you just ran into a little bug (which I've had with other games too). It's every bit as good as the last CoD game in my opinion.

Gooeykat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#37 Gooeykat
Member since 2006 • 3412 Posts

Phoenix534
I like the fact that it seems to be the anti-COD campaign (i.e. it's not trying to be a summer action flick, WW3 pile crap). But it's buggy and the story line is kind of dull and the characters aren't very memorable. At the end of the day, they probably should of left it out since it seems to be dragging the scores down.
mhofever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#38 mhofever
Member since 2008 • 3960 Posts

I like playing the campaign, but my one is pretty buggy at some points. Battlefield 3 single-player is like a prelude to the multi-player : get the feel of it before going into battle.

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts
Theres a single player?
bblundell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 bblundell
Member since 2006 • 1086 Posts

go play online, it's what it's made for

wis3boi

This^^TC, did you expect it to be amazing? If so, have you even played a Battlefield game before? It's all about MP.

jer_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 jer_1
Member since 2003 • 7451 Posts

The SP campaign is so strictly linear that it blows my mind. It's terrible, no doubt about it! Thank goodness the multiplayer is what this game really shines at, and shine it does. There literally is no other comparison to how great the multiplayer is turning out to be in this game. It's fantastic!

I feel sorry for anyone buying this game for the singleplayer and skipping the multiplayer.

@bblundell

Awesome sig man! I am a major Ron Paul supporter!

true_gamer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#42 true_gamer007
Member since 2011 • 433 Posts

Wanna play campaign? wait for MW3 for pure thrill. that's what i'm doing. BF3 is basically made for MP.

Gen007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Gen007
Member since 2006 • 11006 Posts

Yeah i think the SP gets way too much hate. Its def far from the greatest thing out but its an average to good experience and not far removed from what COD has been doing and everyone seems to love that. I will admit though that instead of copying COD they should focus on an SP experience that plays more to BF's strength but such a thing would be quite hard to pull off. They cant replicate the feel of the MP in the SP and if they did it would take some pretty darn amazing AI.

avneet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 avneet1
Member since 2005 • 236 Posts

I swear like at least 25% of the campaign is you trying to outrun bullets (and non-steop spawning enemies). I wanted to be gunning the whole game, not run for a detonator on hard mode while being shot from every direction.

Multiplayer rocks though! :D

skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts
Yeah it's apparently terrible, which is unsurprising really. Massive shame considering what could've been done.
ShadowDragon78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 ShadowDragon78
Member since 2011 • 371 Posts

Phoenix534
No, I like it too....
Avatar image for deactivated-5e376fa88bd45
deactivated-5e376fa88bd45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 deactivated-5e376fa88bd45
Member since 2004 • 4403 Posts

I'm skipping out on the bf3 single player. From what I saw it pretty much plays out more like an action movie that you can interact with. But seeing how thats not my thing but also seeing that at the same time i want to see whats in it and what happens I just went to youtube to watch someone play the game. Bloody thing has so much cutscenes and scripted events that it plays out like a movie so i practically treat it more like a movie than a game.

G13RainbowSix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 G13RainbowSix
Member since 2005 • 908 Posts

in the Night Shift mission I wandered a little to far and the Mission failed and saved at the same time. No my game loads at the Mission Failed screen, does anyone now know how to get around this besides replaying the chapter? i have not tried multiplayer yet however the single player seems to be terrible, the xbox 360 controller works like crap also. button prompts have problems working. i can not beleive developers release this garbage.

merigoldsass

I really hate how the prompt buttons dont work on the 360 controller, but in general I hate prompt buttons anyway. Let me just watch the freaking cutscene, I can interact when Im actually playing

Johnny_Rock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Johnny_Rock
Member since 2002 • 40314 Posts

[QUOTE="Johnny_Rock"]

hartsickdiscipl

Umm.. Bad Company 2 had a great SP campaign. I really enjoyed it. There are those of us who don't have internet connections fast enough to allow us to enjoy multiplayer. That's why the SP should be good.

So you spent $60 on a 4 hour single player game? Really?

skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts
I like the fact that it seems to be the anti-COD campaign (i.e. it's not trying to be a summer action flick, WW3 pile crap). Gooeykat
Uh what? Are you playing BF3? It is trying to ape COD as much as possible by design, and thematically it's fantasy military masturbation up to 11, like COD>