This topic is locked from further discussion.

rli_123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 rli_123
Member since 2006 • 864 Posts

There are alot of free mmos out there but which one is the best one? I've tried Silkroad, but it got boring because all you do is kill stuff. So I need help finding a good free mmo. I just need something to play.

Liquid_Snake92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#2 Liquid_Snake92
Member since 2005 • 3380 Posts
Last Chaos is extremely awesome. It has an interesting inventory and trading system, along with some really nice looking combat. ArchLord is also very good. it's a professional made MMO that went from monthly payment to free. :P
Bass7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3 Bass7
Member since 2004 • 6614 Posts

Last Chaos is extremely awesome. It has an interesting inventory and trading system, along with some really nice looking combat. ArchLord is also very good. it's a professional made MMO that went from monthly payment to free. :PLiquid_Snake92

I thought Last Chaos was like Silk Road, but with different stuff -_-. It's still good though. Try Rappelz, I heard that was good, just got done installing it.

therazn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 therazn
Member since 2003 • 3123 Posts
I don't play any mmo's, but my friend is addicted to pirate king online. I don't know how it is though.
Tobio19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Tobio19
Member since 2004 • 1895 Posts
runescape?
oscar530

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 oscar530
Member since 2005 • 4430 Posts
2Moons I lvoe that game sooo gory lol
HumanCapital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 HumanCapital
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
Are there any good [free] MMORPGs that focus more on plot development and narrative rather than level-up and hack/slash?
RK-Mara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8 RK-Mara
Member since 2006 • 11489 Posts
Anarchy Online is the only free MMO I've ever enjoyed.
kyrieee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 kyrieee
Member since 2007 • 978 Posts
Play tibia
Succumbus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Succumbus
Member since 2004 • 597 Posts
Runescape is way awesome and freeee =]
Ghazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Ghazy
Member since 2006 • 90 Posts
How about Guild Wars ? :)
pogswarts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 pogswarts
Member since 2006 • 1050 Posts
you pay for guild wars...
DynamicDicks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 DynamicDicks
Member since 2005 • 102 Posts
i usually hate mmorpg's but damnit i cant help but be sucked in by 9 DRAGONS....it is soo deep and full of adventure that you will think of it likea 50 dollar blockbuster...its totally free and it rocks!
legomann

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 legomann
Member since 2005 • 64 Posts

Anarchy Online is and will be the best free MMORPG.

you can even download it for free at www.anarchy-online.com

DynamicDicks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 DynamicDicks
Member since 2005 • 102 Posts
thats 9 DRAGONS from acclaim....u wont be dissapointed
Qzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 Qzor
Member since 2005 • 221 Posts

It depends on how old you are.

10-18: 9 Dragons

18+: 2Moons

Both are decent games but are not as good as games like GW or WoW.

BurnThisCity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#17 BurnThisCity
Member since 2006 • 391 Posts
Can MMORPG ever be fun in the long run? I've spent 3 years of my life playing this free one called ConquerOnline, and like many other free MMOs, it ended up having a lot of people buying shiet off thier official website thus making your countless hours getting good items useless compared to those who bought items from the website. Sigh... what a waste of my teenage years :\
Citan76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Citan76
Member since 2003 • 1178 Posts
It's hard for me to get into free mmos after having played WoW for so long but one that held my attention for a while was Voyage Century Online. It's basically a game where you get a ship and can decide to be a merchant, explorer, or a fighter when it comes to ship type anyway. Other then that you can work on all the skills you want if you have enough money and practice them. You get skills simply by using them so really you can do whatever you want but it would be hard and expenisve to do everything good so it is good to focus on certain areas. I had a fighting ship and I got wood cutting and mining skills to collect the parts to upgrade the ship myself so I wouldn't have to pay other players for the resources. It took awhile to get my skill high enough to gather the correct lvl of resources but I made a bundle of cash selling all the extra resources I gathered. Also loot from ships I blew up got me a decent income. It really is a fun game. I got bored with it eventually but people who are used to free mmos I'm sure could play that game for a long time.
HicktownMayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#19 HicktownMayor
Member since 2007 • 319 Posts

Last Chaos is extremely awesome. It has an interesting inventory and trading system, along with some really nice looking combat. ArchLord is also very good. it's a professional made MMO that went from monthly payment to free. :PLiquid_Snake92

Heh. I'd played that because I was in the same situation about not having anything to play and needing a free MMO. Well, let me tell you. LC (Last Chaos) is the best free MMO that I have played, but it is still horrible. I have written a review on it if you would like to view it click my name and read my reviews. My problem with it was that in all the time it's been around I knew people on that game that played it for 8-10 hours (on average)a day for months. I got to like level 29 or so on one of my characters. The level cap when I quit playing was like lvl 70 or so. The highest character in the game was only 58! The game was geared for newer players even tho there was no tutorial. However, once you got to like lvl 18 or so it was ALL grind from there. Plus, everytime you die you loose like 5%-10% exp i believe. And believe me that's ALOT (that can be up to an hour to 1 1/2 hours of straight grind). The PVP system is crap. Don't even try it. All i remember really is that if you had a red name you might as well quit.

So, yeah it's a great game if you have LOTS of time and love to grind. My suggestion: Get Guild Wars! It's only like $25 for the first one and it's a great game. There are no monthly fees. It has a great PVP system thats lots of fun. The first game, Guild War "Prophecies", is the slowest of the 3 base games but has the best story. You'll defiantly like it! It's only $25! Which, I know techinically isn't free but you only pay that once and you have a character for life.

BurnThisCity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#20 BurnThisCity
Member since 2006 • 391 Posts

Quick question in GW are players allowed to purchase stuff off their website? Cuz that's the #1 reason why I quitted my old MMO game in the first place...

Delius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Delius
Member since 2005 • 571 Posts

Quick question in GW are players allowed to purchase stuff off their website? Cuz that's the #1 reason why I quitted my old MMO game in the first place...

BurnThisCity

Nope. Although, of course, there are the gold farmer/sellers like everyone other mmo, Guildwars doesn't have an online item shop.

As for the OP's question, I'd also say Anarchy Online if your looking for a totally free mmorpg. If you can put out the purchase price, Guildwars is definitely the way to go.