Best Free Forever MMO

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Ash2X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 0

#1 Ash2X
Member since 2005 • 3035 Posts
I´m kind of a noob if it comes to PC-games but I saw recently a few Free-forever/Free until now Online-games.I just startet Talesof Pirates and a bit Rakion,which sre both really great.But since I got not much of a clue I wanted to ask which is the best free-forever MMO-Game?...I hope it runs on my (a bit dated) PC...2,6Ghz,512MB,GeForce5500
Denaichi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Denaichi
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
You should try Guild Wars. You just have to buy it once and after that it's free forever.
One of the best MMO games out there! :D
Snugglecakes13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 Snugglecakes13
Member since 2007 • 62 Posts

I'd have to agree with the poster above. Guild Wars is VERY fun and free to play!

gate131966

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 gate131966
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
why i was thinking that Guild Wars you pay for playing? :S
hock3yl1f3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 hock3yl1f3
Member since 2007 • 687 Posts

What do you mean free-forever/free? Does it mean you never pay at all or you only pay once?

rzepak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 rzepak
Member since 2005 • 5758 Posts
The "free forever" mmos usually are done this way: you download for free, you play for free but there are items that you can only buy with money real money.
Avanaro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Avanaro
Member since 2007 • 61 Posts

The "free forever" mmos usually are done this way: you download for free, you play for free but there are items that you can only buy with money real money.rzepak

maplestory

hock3yl1f3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 hock3yl1f3

cool free mmo's! wats maplestory about and were can i get it?

hock3yl1f3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 hock3yl1f3

lol can you guys on my forum on page 2 called how 2 set waypoints for aoe II TC. or you could just tell me here lol.noob here at aoe and cant even beat a campaign without at least a little cheating so tips would be nice to cause i hate to cheat...takes the fun out. lol srry ash2x for using your forum for a diff topic.

RK-Mara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#11 RK-Mara
Member since 2006 • 11489 Posts

Guild Wars is not an MMO.

UO and AO are the only good free MMO's. UO has free unofficial servers and they arent illegal.

Sameo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 Sameo
Member since 2003 • 2122 Posts
guild wars isn't an MMO.... if you think it is you will be VERY disappointed
emmm78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 emmm78
Member since 2005 • 282 Posts
A free MMO is a crap MMO period. I don't know the best, but I've tried a bunch and haven't changed my opinion...
degenerate138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 degenerate138
Member since 2006 • 43 Posts
Guild Wars is the best free thing you'll come to as far as wanting to play an MMO.
GlenQuagmire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 GlenQuagmire
Member since 2003 • 11783 Posts
If Guild Wars is considered a MMO, then Diablo 2, Titan Quest, and every other online RPG should be considered one. Guild Wars is nothing but a ton of instances, and "districts" with a hundred or so people in them to trade with.
noobshow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 noobshow
Member since 2004 • 424 Posts

STICKARENA!!!!

lol...

Thul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Thul
Member since 2007 • 381 Posts

Even if GuildWars is not an MMO, I like it more than games like WoW (I hate grinding). It is more skill based, where your ability plays a bigger role than your hours put into the game.

And now it has more than 3 million people playing, so it is massive and online :P

GlenQuagmire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 GlenQuagmire
Member since 2003 • 11783 Posts

Even if GuildWars is not an MMO, I like it more than games like WoW (I hate grinding). It is more skill based, where your ability plays a bigger role than your hours put into the game.

And now it has more than 3people million playing, so it is massive and online :P

Thul

Guild Wars has a ton of grinding, if you say otherwise you're lying to yourself or you just haven't played it. It is more skill-based, but you really have to enjoy PvP if you want to play Guild Wars, because after you max out on levels that's about all there is to do.

hock3yl1f3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 hock3yl1f3

no offense but of all the arguements ive seen this has got to be one of the worst. no offense but u guys have no lives if you're arguing about if guild wars is an mmo or not plz shutup and answer ash2x's god damn question

hock3yl1f3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 hock3yl1f3
oh and wat the hell is AO and UO
Mrnebbie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Mrnebbie
Member since 2006 • 82 Posts
GW isnt a true MMO,The best way Ive seen GW described is this "GW is a multiplayer game with 3d lobbies" Its a good game for what it is, but shouldnt be confused with the MMO category. I would suggest getting a job and uprgrading your Vid card and trying out WoW or LOTRO if u want a true MMO experience. GW is still a fun game the PvP is done well, but the PvE is pretty bad. Or u could wait till next year and see what GW2 has to offer it will be free. But I doubt your vid card would handle it.
Thul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Thul
Member since 2007 • 381 Posts
[QUOTE="Thul"]

And now it has more than 3 million people playing, so it is massive and online :P

GlenQuagmire

Guild Wars has a ton of grinding, if you say otherwise you're lying to yourself or you just haven't played it. It is more skill-based, but you really have to enjoy PvP if you want to play Guild Wars, because after you max out on levels that's about all there is to do.

In PVE, you can travel by map to every place, you just have to travel there by foot on the first time, so I dont see where the tons of grinding are. And I've been playing the game since Prophecies 2 years ago, so I know what im talking about.

In WoW, for example, to travel to a lot of places you have to walk even though you already traveled there before, and the griffings
are too slow in my opinion (and the flight paths are not everywhere).

Also, I play mostly PVE,and the game still entertain me (of course you get to level 20 in a week, but the game doesn't end there)

RK-Mara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 RK-Mara

oh and wat the hell is AO and UOhock3yl1f3

Anarchy Online and Ultima Online. Ultima Online is just getting a brand new graphic engine. It's ten years old game, so it has gotten loads of time to get new stuff.

RK-Mara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 RK-Mara

And Ultima Online is for MMO's like Doom is for FPS. Except UO is still great thanks to the updates that MMO's always get.

Ash2X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Ash2X
No one played Tales of Pirates,MythWar,Hero Online or Corum?...or Eudemons?
Shugo129

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#26 Shugo129
Member since 2004 • 579 Posts

I recommend Maple Story, FlyFF, Rappelz, and Guild Wars But you should check both FlyFF and Rappelz here is the link

gPotato have some good games that I Recommend I loved Flyff

SLAYER2K89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 SLAYER2K89
you should try silkroad online(it's got a superb grafics engine and insane skill sistem) or u can eneter www.ijji.com and u have a lot of free mmos there(i recomend kwonho if u'r a MK or street fighter fan) laxelore(similar 2 lineage 2), metin2(action mmo)
SLAYER2K89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 SLAYER2K89
sry forgot about this. the best mmo at the moment is in my opinion 9 dragons.(WU-TANG rulez)
Ash2X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Ash2X
I was sarting to take a look at Risk your Life 1+2...what´s the difference?Is it important to play RYL1 before playing RYL2?Or is it a on-going Storyline?