battlefield bad company 2 and xbox 360 controller

This topic is locked from further discussion.

icemoney07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 icemoney07
Member since 2007 • 93 Posts

will battlefield bad company 2 work on pc with use of the xbox 360 controller ?

RedDanDoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 RedDanDoc
Member since 2005 • 3720 Posts
WHY oh WHY oh WHY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! your gonna be at a severe disadvantage by using a controller. Have you just come out of the console play pen with an Xbox controller attached like some sucubus type umbilical cord ?(joke)
RedDanDoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 RedDanDoc
I'm not from any part of the USA thanks. Sorry mate I was only joking with you. You tend to get a lot of these questions thats all. I dont know if a XBOX controller would work but if it did you would get severely owned in an online game. You cant realy beat a keyboard and mouse for control. Once again I apologise if I offended you but I really was joking.
timma25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 timma25
Member since 2005 • 1131 Posts

I doubt it will support it out the box but will likely be patched in. Try using google and u can use a xbox controller on almost any game. The only question is why would you gimp yourself so much?

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#6 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

There will be no auto-aim assist for the PC version of BF BC 2 thus you will be at a massive disadvantage online. However if you do prefer playing with a controller more than likly it will support a gamepad. I don't know if it will be GFWL or not.

You should be fine to use a 360 controller for the game however I do not recommend playing online with it.

Pdiddy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Pdiddy105
Member since 2007 • 4577 Posts

360 controllers are not supported.

morrowindnic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 morrowindnic
Member since 2004 • 1541 Posts

It might work. But I wouldn't reccomend using one. They are highly inaccuarate. The only reason they work on consoles is because of auto-aim. Pc games don't use auto-aim.

privates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 privates
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts

WHY oh WHY oh WHY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! your gonna be at a severe disadvantage by using a controller. Have you just come out of the console play pen with an Xbox controller attached like some sucubus type umbilical cord ?(joke)RedDanDoc

I hate how everyone is assuming that use of the Xbox 360 controller would be for the FPS side. If you don't know by now, Battlefield series support the use of vehicles. I don't know about you, but use of the Xbox 360 controller would be stellar for helicopter and fighter control. Two independent joysticks to control flight maneuvers? much much better than the traditional Keyboard + Mouse. So saying it is a severe disadvantage to use a gamepad in this game is only thinking two dimensionally...

RedDanDoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 RedDanDoc

[QUOTE="RedDanDoc"]WHY oh WHY oh WHY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! your gonna be at a severe disadvantage by using a controller. Have you just come out of the console play pen with an Xbox controller attached like some sucubus type umbilical cord ?(joke)privates

I hate how everyone is assuming that use of the Xbox 360 controller would be for the FPS side. If you don't know by now, Battlefield series support the use of vehicles. I don't know about you, but use of the Xbox 360 controller would be stellar for helicopter and fighter control. Two independent joysticks to control flight maneuvers? much much better than the traditional Keyboard + Mouse. So saying it is a severe disadvantage to use a gamepad in this game is only thinking two dimensionally...

I bought a joystick specificaly to fly jets in BF2 and after using it for a few weeks and then going back to keyboard and mouse I couldnt believe how much more control I had with keyboard and mouse. I could turn better etc etc. So even using a gamepad for just driving tanks or jeeps you would still be at a disadvantage. PS do you know anybody who wants to buy a saitech aviator joystick ? :P